Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Strong Receivers Thread - Satellite TV Technology (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Strong Receivers Thread (271270 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Redline Satellite Receivers / High Definition Receivers(hd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
olenyi:

4669xii ?

If yes, how old is it. Maybe you should check your cable OR do a Rx to Rx upgrade.

You might wanna throw more light on what you mean by hanging.

Regards.
I was using it before i got for myself a 4922A. It has not been more than three years it was bought.
Yes, i have done data transfer via Rx cable.

It ceased working while i was watching a channel and i had to put it off and on again before it could come back to normal then after few seconds (not even minutes), it cease again and it might dislay any number on the front panel.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Samoranopapa(m): 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
Pls house I have SRT 4663x decoder nd I want to get a smart card,nd pls which one will I buy
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 12:07am On Oct 20, 2013
SULIEMAN3: I was using it before i got for myself a 4922A. It has not been more than three years it was bought.
Yes, i have done data transfer via Rx cable.

It ceased working while i was watching a channel and i had to put it off and on again before it could come back to normal then after few seconds (not even minutes), it cease again and it might dislay any number on the front panel.

Now this is something. Disconnect the Diseqc and observe if it'll still repeat if you connect one dish directly to the receiver.

Regards.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 12:09am On Oct 20, 2013
Samoranopapa: Pls house I have SRT 4663x decoder nd I want to get a smart card,nd pls which one will I buy

Go get a 4940 if you still want to recharge/subscribe to mytv. 4663x no longer works with mytv smartcards.

Regards.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 6:34am On Oct 20, 2013
olenyi:

Not this is something. Disconnect the Diseqc and observe if it'll still repeat if you connect one dish directly to the receiver.

Regards.
I had already tried that at first. And am thinking of its panel being faulty.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Samoranopapa(m): 8:02am On Oct 20, 2013
olenyi:

Go get a 4940 if you still want to recharge/subscribe to mytv. 4663x no longer works with mytv smartcards.

Regards.
pls I there any ow I can upgrade it to dat 4940 ?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 9:29am On Oct 20, 2013
Samoranopapa: pls is there any how I can upgrade it to dat 4940 ?

You can do a swap if you've faithfully been recharging your mytv card for the immediate past 3-6 months. You just pay a token of about 8-8.5k.

But seeing that you don't already have a smartcard, not possible. You must get a new one.

Regards.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ayomidan: 9:54am On Oct 20, 2013
abeg house,am unable to watch any stations with my 69x + 65m dish for the past 6 months..i do watch multi tv with it and then avatar dongle cheat stations which i did d conection myself with d help of d gurus of d forum,nw am just a fta blind man who dnt knw whats up,u guys should help with stations i can get with the above stated machine
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Samoranopapa(m): 12:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
olenyi:

You can do a swap if you've faithfully been recharging your mytv card for the immediate past 3-6 months. You just pay a token of about 8-8.5k.

But seeing that you don't already have a smartcard, not possible. You must get a new one.

Regards.
okay so if I wanna get which one can I get nd ow much is it
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by olenyi: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Samoranopapa: okay so if I wanna get which one can I get nd ow much is it

olenyi:

4922A. It is versatile, has more features, regular software updates, cheaper, sleeker, more favoured by FTA enthusiasts.

Though if one wants to subscribe to mytv packages, then 4940 it is.

Regards.

Regards.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
bounju:

Yes it will work, buh it depends on d kind of spliter u use.

pls I need to speak with you concerning splitting al jeezera new card. or maybe I should ask d questions here.

have a new jsc card and needed to split it. but don't no d spliter that will be best for it.

1 Like

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
pls how do I get d OPTION menu on strong
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by bounju(m): 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Xpset: pls how do I get d OPTION menu on strong

Press 6969 on ur remote and it tells u patch On den go back 2 ur menu and u will find the 'OPTION' menu @ installation catlog.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by bounju(m): 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
Xpset:

pls I need to speak with you concerning splitting al jeezera new card. or maybe I should ask d questions here.

have a new jsc card and needed to split it. but don't no d spliter that will be best for it.
I over head some people saying dat d new cards cannot split. But try using RS232 cable 2 split...if it works, den d wire spliter is wat I wud advise u 2 buy.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 10:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
bounju:
Press 6969 on ur remote and it tells u patch On den go back 2 ur menu and u will find the 'OPTION' menu @ installation catlog.

thanks I did it but request password which I input 0000 but did not accept d password. receiver is str 4652
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 10:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
bounju:
I over head some people saying dat d new cards cannot split. But try using RS232 cable 2 split...if it works, den d wire spliter is wat I wud advise u 2 buy.

thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by bounju(m): 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
Xpset:

thanks I did it but request password which I input 0000 but did not accept d password. receiver is str 4652
Som1 most hav change d pin coz dat d default pin.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by toscotech(m): 7:58am On Oct 21, 2013
bounju:
Som1 most hav change d pin coz dat d default pin.

Is the same thing with my own and nobody change it
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
abeg oh I need another help. I have 4663 and its showing lnbf what should I do abeg. even when no lnb cable is connected
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2013
Xpset:

Use 0103 it may work for you.
Xpset: abeg oh I need another help. I have 4663 and its showing lnbf what should I do abeg. even when no lnb cable is connected
You might have mistakenly burnt an IC on it when you were connecting your Rf cable from receiver to lnb without put it off at the back. It could be also otherwise, no any IC might be burnt. but all you need to do is to take it to a good technician.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Xpset: 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
SULIEMAN3: Use 0103 it may work for you. You might have mistakenly burnt an IC on it when you were connecting your Rf cable from receiver to lnb without put it off at the back. It could be also otherwise, no any IC might be burnt. but all you need to do is to take it to a good technician.

ok thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by adambala09(m): 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hi gurus,
pls i bought A+ dongle and Srt 4922a but d dongle isn't showing d encrypted channels. Any help pls
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by pufframmy1: 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
adambala09: Hi gurus,
pls i bought A+ dongle and Srt 4922a but d dongle isn't showing d encrypted channels. Any help pls
adambala09: Hi gurus,
currently it down but you can check it now it back on some
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Obascoetubi: 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
how much for A+ dongle?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Vinik11(m): 4:22am On Oct 29, 2013
hello guys,please is it possible to get w4 n astra 2b on my old srt 4653x decorder? yeah,i know it is old but is it possible?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by wellheads(m): 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hello house
I use strong 4669 and watch multi TV and dstv. About two weeks ago, some of my dstv channels like Yoruba, Hausa, magic world, universal channel and others. Is it that the decoder needs to be upgraded or it is a general problem?

Pls help.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by aujid: 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
I have the same issue too.. BBC, SKY, M.Action as well. Had tried changing the software but with your comments, its looking like a general problem..

wellheads: Hello house
I use strong 4669 and watch multi TV and dstv. About two weeks ago, some of my dstv channels like Yoruba, Hausa, magic world, universal channel and others. Is it that the decoder needs to be upgraded or it is a general problem?

Pls help.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ayibatonye(m): 4:02am On Oct 31, 2013
Vinik11: hello guys,please is it possible to get w4 n astra 2b on my old srt 4653x decorder? yeah,i know it is old but is it possible?
yes very much possible
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by akinsola118: 8:46am On Oct 31, 2013
plssss my people , i have signal problem wit my srt 4922, it keeps dropin signal, wat can i do to it ?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ojtech8291: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2013
akinsola118: plssss my people , i have signal problem wit my srt 4922, it keeps dropin signal, wat can i do to it ?
try and connect ur cable directly 4rm ur dish to ur decoder and observe it. If it stl persist change ur lnbf. If all dz didnt work 4 u, then take ur receiver to a qualified strong receiver technician.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ayibatonye(m): 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
akinsola118: plssss my people , i have signal problem wit my srt 4922, it keeps dropin signal, wat can i do to it ?
if you are using diseqc replaced it with another one or do a direct connection. Mine is doing like that but if I do direct I get about 15% increase
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by akinsola118: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
ayibatonye: if you are using diseqc replaced it with another one or do a direct connection. Mine is doing like that but if I do direct I get about 15% increase
av done a direct connection, its a new decoder .........do i need to upgrade it ? if so ,wat type of software and how to go about it ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (45) (Reply)

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.