Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? (1756 Views)

Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song / Haile Selassie Met Ironsi, Gowon & Ojukwu In April 1966: Video / The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by ofai: 12:08am On Nov 26, 2017
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/celebrating-ironsi-fajuyi-open-new-vista-igbo-yoruba-relationship-afenifere-ohanaeze-ndigbo/

The celebration tagged, “Handshake across the Niger,” organised by a Think-tank group, Nzoko Umunna, under the auspices of Afenifere and Ohanaeze Ndigbo, to hold January 11, in Enugu, is expected to witness the biggest gathering ever of Igbo and Yoruba.

The planning committee for the event headed by Mr Yinka Odumakin, Senator Chris Anyanwun and Biodun Sowunmi, said this at a press conference it addressed in Lagos, describing both Ironsi and Fajuyi as gallant officers that deserved to be celebrated, having demonstrated a bond that passeth all understanding which still lived years after they had died

Speaking on behalf of the committee, Odumakin, while recalling how both Ironsi and Fajuyi were killed by the coupists, said it was “difficult to celebrate one without mentioning the other as they became one inseparable spirit in their last hours on earth.”

According to him, dignitaries expected at the event include governors, prominent Nigerians, traditional rulers, among others.

“The event will hold under the joint chairmanship of former Chief of General Staff, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe and the Olu of Ido-Ani, Oba (General) Olufemi Olutoye.

“The chairman of Southern Governors’ Forum and Lagos State governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode; Chairman of South -East Governors’ Forum and Ebonyi State governor, Chief David Umahi; Abia State governor, Chief Okezei Ikpeazu and the Ekiti State governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose, are special guests of honour expected on the occasion.

“The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi and the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Achebe, will be royal fathers of the day.

“The leader of Afenifere, Chief R. F. Fasoranti and President- General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief John Nwodo, will receive guests in the Coal City. We look forward to a big celebration of friendship, harmony and inter-ethnic understanding in Enugu, on January 11, Odumakin said.

Noting that the wrong narratives over the years had been the defining points of Igbo-Yoruba relationship while playing to the background this finest moment of the uncommon bond, Odumakin said it was now a new day as the best of Yoruba and Igbo gathered to celebrate Ironsi and Fajuyi as well as construct the East-West bridge of understanding.

It will be recalled that Ironsi was in Ibadan as guest of Fajuyi to address natural rulers which he already did

when the coupists stormed the Government House, Ibadan, arrested the duo, took them to a village near Lalupon, killed and buried them in a shallow grave.[color=#006600][/color]

Mynd44 OAM4J
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by MayorofLagos(m): 12:17am On Nov 26, 2017
I doubt all these people listed will be there. This is just marketing gimmick.

What is unique about Ironsi/Fajuyi murder in July66 that made the murders of Jan66 forgettable?
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 26, 2017
What stupid love? Who wants to be in love with Afonjas? Afonjas, should stay on your own...stay on your own simple! How difficult is this request? SE and SS don't want anything to do with you people again on this earth, so mind your business and stay on your own!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Danladi7: 6:55am On Nov 26, 2017
grin

To hell with any relationship with the arrogant,loud mouth,hypocritical,chest beating, agama lizard like self-glorifying Hausa fulani slaves called IPOB terrorists and Aba made jews suffering from inferiority complex and backstabbing dyndromet.

4 Likes

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Danladi7: 6:58am On Nov 26, 2017
liberalsinnerx:
What stupid love? Who wants to be in love with Afonjas? Afonjas, should stay on your own...stay on your own simple! How difficult is this request? SE and SS don't want anything to do with you people again on this earth, so mind your business and stay on your own!
grin

Cant you be independent of SS?

Attarche by force unity beggars!

I have never seen SS saying "we SS and SE"

SE is fvcking nothing without SS,you are both hausa fulani slaves cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Attarche by force unity beggars!

I have never seen SS saying "we SS and SE"

Says danladi7, the one-Nigerianist zombie who constantly has Biafran nightmares grin

3 Likes

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 26, 2017
Hmmm this meeting of Afonjas and IPob flat heads will be interesting. grin

1 Like

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 26, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
Hmmm this meeting of Afonjas and IPob flat heads will be interesting. grin
Alariiwo and aribisala0 will be there live smiley
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by oodualover: 7:12am On Nov 26, 2017
There has never been love between both ethnic group. Afenifere don't speak for Yoruba people. Today, they are inconsequential in Yoruba people affairs. As a Yoruba man, I don't support any handshake with Ebowls. They are no friend to Yoruba people. Ebowls wish us evil all the time. They are terrible beings. Afenifere don't speak for me and my family.
Foolish bastards claiming they represent Yoruba people.

5 Likes

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Guestlander: 7:32am On Nov 26, 2017
liberalsinnerx:

Afonjas are on their own. Tell Ekenedili Chukwu and others to stop coming to Afonja land with their human cargoes.

2 Likes

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by oodualover: 7:33am On Nov 26, 2017
Ko ni da fun Odumakin yi. Gbogbo ebi e loka shofo ku ni. The fool keep disgracing us everywhere and trying to force unity down our throat because he married an Ebowl lady. Who forced you to marry her? Se mi ni mo fi e sinu wahala ni? This foolish old man should stop disgracing the great Yoruba race. We are better than this.
Yoruba people have been existing for thousands of years now. And there was not single historical ties between us and them. If not because of white men, we won't know they exist till now. As far as I am concerned, we share nothing in common. We don't look alike. Nigeria itself was created by the whites. So what is all this fuss about southern unity?
Men fucckk southern unity. We have Yoruba people in Benin republic and Togo that we should more concerned about. This is why I like Hausa people. The Won't allow any colonial boundary hinder the love for each other. I stayed in Benin republic for a few months so I know how Hausa behave towards themselves and the love they have for each other; regardless of the country they hail from. The question i normally ask myself is: why can't Yoruba people do same?

6 Likes

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Danladi7: 7:34am On Nov 26, 2017
imhotep:

Says danladi7, the one-Nigerianist zombie who constantly has Biafran nightmares grin
May be ,I take after nnamdi Azikwe grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

May be ,I take after nnamdi Azikwe grin
That means you should stop wailing over Igbos in Lagos grin
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Danladi7: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2017
imhotep:

That means you should stop wailing over Igbos in Lagos grin
Igbo should behave responsibly like other non youba Tribes in lagos. cool

Make your money and stop agama lizard life style.Dangote is a perfect example for you.
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Igbo should behave responsibly like other non youba Tribes in lagos. cool

Make your money and stop agama lizard life style.Dangote is a perfect example for you.
Stop lecturing Igbos on how to live
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Danladi7: 7:42am On Nov 26, 2017
imhotep:

Stop lecturing Igbos on how to live
Continue disgracing yourself unlike other responsible tribes in lagos then cool

1 Like

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Continue disgracing yourself then.
Continue having Igbo nightmares
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Danladi7: 7:45am On Nov 26, 2017
imhotep:

Continue having Igbo nightmares
Continue being grandiosely deluded grin
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Continue being grandiosely deluded grin
How many Igbo threads will you open today?

1 Like

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Danladi7: 7:50am On Nov 26, 2017
imhotep:

How many Igbo threads will you open today?
Normal Igbo Victim mentality and persecutory delusion cool
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Normal Igbo Victim mentality and persecutory delusion cool
Says the man who will open 200 Igbo threads every 3 hours grin
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Danladi7: 7:57am On Nov 26, 2017
imhotep:

Says the man who will open 200 Igbo threads every 3 hours grin
Normal Igbo Victim mentality and persecutory delusion
further confirmed grin..you guys dey even fear delusion grin

koladebrainiac said :
lol
Igbo be dey live in delusion since.
when they want to brag they say SE is better than
all Nigeria or they developed lagos and kano
when they want to play victim they say they are
being marginalized.
awon oniro olorunnnn dirty looking folks

MO COMOT JARE,TAG YOUR FELLOW JOBLESS IPOB TERRORISTS AND ABA MADE JEW TO GROW YOUR UNITY BEGGING THREAD,BYE cool
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Normal Igbo Victim mentality and persecutory delusion
further confirmed grin
But Abacha never stole grin

Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Danladi7: 8:06am On Nov 26, 2017
imhotep:

But Abacha never stole grin
Cant you see the topic of the thread?

That is Tagentiality coupled with you guys persecutory and grandiose delusion,all symptoms of schizophrenia is complete in you guyz grin....however,to hell with Abacha,buhari,nnamdi kanu and you Aba made jews.

MO COMOT JARE,TAG YOUR FELLOW JOBLESS IPOB
TERRORISTS AND ABA MADE JEW TO GROW YOUR
UNITY BEGGING THREAD,BYE cool
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

That is Tagentiality coupled with you guys persecutory and grandiose delusion,all symptoms of schizophrenia is complete in you guyz grin....however,to hell with Abacha,buhari,nnamdi kanu and you Aba made jews.

Why are you against the topic of this thread
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by ofai: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

I know you feel threatened by the efforts been made by afenifere and ohaneze to restore unity and love between Igbo and Yoruba. How pathetic.

I can completely maul you online if I want to, but am more mature than that.

Don't kill yourself over Igbo matters.
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Danladi7: 8:55am On Nov 26, 2017
ofai:

I know you feel threatened by the efforts been made by afenifere and ohaneze to restore unity and love between Igbo and Yoruba. How pathetic.

I can completely maul you online if I want to, but am more mature than that.

Don't kill yourself over Igbo matters.
Ofai,you are one Igbo I respect so much on nairaland because you comment with brains not emotions,as such,I will not return the insult.

I am not threatened by the effort because I am a yoruba man with many Igbo friends.I only replied your fellow Igbo man who commented as If yorubas are the one begging for friendship and started talking ill of my race.To show you are not an hypocrite,I will expect you to condemn him first and condemn him not to die on yoruba and lagos matter first.
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Ofai,you are one Igbo I respect so much on nairaland because you comment with brains not emotions,as such,I will not return the insult.

I am not threatened by the effort because I am a yoruba man with many Igbo friends.I only replied your fellow Igbo man who commented as If yorubas are the one begging for friendship and started talking ill of my race.To show you are not an hypocrite,I will expect you to condemn him first and condemn him not to die on yoruba and lagos matter first.
Calm down and embrace Igbo people grin
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Oloripelebe: 9:16am On Nov 26, 2017
grin

We don't want unity with deluded flatheaded idiots from the muddy biafla. The chestbeaters and ofe nsala beasts are not to be tkin serious,

Spits on their empty flathea.ds
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by ofai: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2017
imhotep:

Nwanne, if he sincerely embraces you, then be ready to embrace him too.

In fact, the one who sincerely embraces first is the more matured one.
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by Danladi7: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2017
imhotep:

Ofai,

Na you I dey respect,that is why I no reply this stupid guy.This one of those people making "Igbo" subject of ridicule on nairaland.
Re: Ironsi/fajuyi East-west Commemoration: Will This Event Bring Back The Love? by ofai: 9:47am On Nov 26, 2017
Oloripelebe:
grin

We don't want unity with deluded flatheaded idiots from the muddy biafla. The chestbeaters and ofe nsala beasts are not to be tkin serious,

Spits on their empty flathea.ds

I get it....your brain still need formatting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React To President Buhari Using This Type Of Phone. (photo) / Yemisi Osinbanjo Will Not Speak For Leah / BREAKING: 1,000 Security Men Holding Fayose Hostage, Mobile Lines Blocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.