Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Why Am I Losing Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Am I Losing Friends (1002 Views)

Why Am I Losing A Lot Of Friends On Facebook? Common Reasons And Tips To Improve / A-Week Engaged Nigerian Lady Dumps Her Fiancé A Week After “losing” His Job / Nigerian Man Loses His Girlfriend To Her Ex-boyfriend After Losing His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am I Losing Friends by banjicom(m): 11:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
I have very few friends. most of them are from my childhood and school. I seem to be losing them. One gets a girlfriend and stops communicating. The other moves away and stops communicating. The other is willing to play video games, but not much else (I generally stopped playing them, but didn't think I would lose a friend over it).

I must be the one to start communication, to invite the other to hang out, they never initiate conversation. They generally say they'll let me know but never get back to me, or ignore me. It seems, unfortunately, that I value the friendship more than they do. In person, when we do hang out, we have a great time, but otherwise, it's like I don't exist. The frequency of hanging out is getting longer and longer for all of them (7 months, 14 months).

As an introvert, this is so sad especially when someone you think is a good friend don't value your friendship at all ( my female friends are even worst). Am i the only one experiencing this?
Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by delishpot: 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
banjicom:
I have very few friends. most of them are from my childhood and school. I seem to be losing them. One gets a girlfriend and stops communicating. The other moves away and stops communicating. The other is willing to play video games, but not much else (I generally stopped playing them, but didn't think I would lose a friend over it).

I must be the one to start communication, to invite the other to hang out, they never initiate conversation. They generally say they'll let me know but never get back to me, or ignore me. It seems, unfortunately, that I value the friendship more than they do. In person, when we do hang out, we have a great time, but otherwise, it's like I don't exist. The frequency of hanging out is getting longer and longer for all of them (7 months, 14 months).

As an introvert, this is so sad especially when someone you think is a good friend don't value your friendship at all ( my female friends are even worst). Am i the only one experiencing this?

Bros, get something worthwhile to do. Value your privacy and be your own best friend.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by Hisxellency: 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
Don't let the emotional feelings turn you into something else! be yourself and try to hone your skills in communication issues.love and be loved
Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
How I wish am like you that worry about friends keeping communication.
Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by banjicom(m): 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
delishpot:

Bros, get something worthwhile to do. Value your privacy and be your own best friend.
tanks bro, really appreciate. Am Currently learning programing and app development, just to get my mind busy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by abdeiz(m): 11:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
I can relate with you too OP, I have realized that it may be due to some reasons.
You could be a boring person, you may be broke and don't hang out with them cos of pocket issues. Funny enough when you don't have gf and they do they tend to look down on you as incapable.

Thats life for you..suck it up, move on, build up your esteem, if your not handsome enough compensate with other attributes..most important of all...Don't ever give a damn about what other think about you.

Ciao
Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by Windflower(f): 12:02am On Nov 27, 2017
Going tru the same thing,I have very few friends from my school days,I try to keep in touch but when they dont reciprocate,I simply stopped. I could remember when I was working 7 to 5,leaving home early and getting home late,they were the ones complaining that I bone them but now its the other way around cos my work is more flexible.
Bottom line is things change, situation change and people change. Everyone is hustling and just looking out for themselves,they are making new acquaintances, living a new life. Besides,when you are busy then you will be too tired to think about friends.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by joseo: 12:17am On Nov 27, 2017
guy just make money........thats all
Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by tonididdy(m): 12:30am On Nov 27, 2017
am also in your shoes but trust me bro when I tell you this, they are as lonely also as u're unless for the gfs they have.

i have learned to leave with it, when we meet its always like we being together allday like nothing was missed.

i know why tho and for now am not willing to change it but i'l tell you why because you need it...its simple, be successful.
Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by ayokellany: 12:37am On Nov 27, 2017
banjicom:

There is nothing like introvert make new friends. When you are hungry you go get food so when you hunger for friends go out make new ones.
Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by missmalachi: 12:42am On Nov 27, 2017
Change is the only constant thing. People make new friends and acquaintance as they evolve in life.
20 children cant play together for 20yrs (yoruba adage)

When i got married,some of my friends gradually stop caring.some still remain friends till now.i met new friends also.
Thats how life is.
Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by delishpot: 8:54am On Nov 27, 2017
banjicom:

tanks bro, really appreciate. Am Currently learning programing and app development, just to get my mind busy.

See I have counselled a few young people ike that. They lost friends and did not even know how to relate to new friends.

Then they get something doing , esp a paid job no matter how small. After a while, They themselves even forget about friends. Now their old friends are trying to rekindle the friendship but they honestly don't have time to spend on rebuilding friendships again. They made new aquintances, they enjoy having and spending time with new people but they do not desire to become soo close to anyone so quickly because they worry that they may not have the time to invest into tight friendship.

It is good to have friends but do not trade your peace of mind for someone else. Make friends on a neutral ground

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by tosyne2much(m): 9:07am On Nov 27, 2017
Mine is a bit similar to yours. Sadly, I easily get betrayed by people I put my trust in

Since I have never enjoyed the benefits of keeping friends, what I do now is to set boundary and avoiding attaching myself so much to them

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by benebaby77: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2017
@Op,

It is normal things. People's desire, attraction and interest change every moment. Don't expect to be with anyone for so long. Even people that promise you to be with forever, don't take too serious.

I don't think you need to bother yourself about losing friends, rather find and develop yourself and do constantly improve on yourself. It will just be an only matter of time, people will look to make friends with you because of your values.
Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by banjicom(m): 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2017
Thanks everyone, i really appreciate your comments.

you guys are just the best!

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Losing Friends by Blackhawk01: 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
delishpot:

See I have counselled a few young people ike that. They lost friends and did not even know how to relate to new friends.

Then they get something doing , esp a paid job no matter how small. After a while, They themselves even forget about friends. Now their old friends are trying to rekindle the friendship but they honestly don't have time to spend on rebuilding friendships again. They made new aquintances, they enjoy having and spending time with new people but they do not desire to become soo close to anyone so quickly because they worry that they may not have the time to invest into tight friendship.

It is good to have friends but do not trade your peace of mind for someone else. Make friends on a neutral ground

From experience, I support this 100%!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Got Fvcked To Get Iphone 6” – Young Lady Brags On Facebook (photos) / S3XY LADY Goes Wild, Shakes Her Massive Derriere Like There’s No 2moro - Video / What Cream Would You Recommend For Someone Who Is Dark In Complexion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.