Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,427 members, 7,836,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? (7177 Views)

I'm Not Aware That Anambra Lawmakers Rejected Suvs For My Rides - Innoson Motors / The Infographic Map Of Kano Emirates, Emir Sanusi Got Smallest Land Mass / Percentage Of Muslims In Each SE State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
Did You Know That Anambra state, the smallest SE State is 3x of Lagos State in Size? Anambra state land mass is 4845 sq km, while Lagos is 3445 sq km. However because over 60% of Lagos is water, swamps and lagoons, that's leaves Lagos with only 1378 sq km actual useable land mass. Anambra with only less than 5% water, has actual land mass of 4603 sq km. Hope this sinks into the skulls of afonjas who like to shout land mass, land mass, land mass like zombies when in fact it means nothing but since you want to make it an issue, we will make it an issue for you! Illiterates!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2017
Interesting!
Land mass:YES.
Population: Well......No!!
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Temidayo9(m): 10:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
Common sense is not common grin, Sambisa alone is more than some state in Nigeria, does that make any difference?

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
post=62774842:
Interesting!
Land mass:YES.
Population: Well......No!!

We are focusing on Land mass biko not population. Illiterate afonja!

20 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
freedomforall30:

We are focusing on Land mass biko not population. Illiterate afonja!

Typically Nairalander.
Anyways thanks for the compliment!
We aren't surprised at all!!!
FYI, @ Manna Barbecue and Grills, we are from different tribes in Nigeria.
We believe we are one, no time for tribalism!
Sweetdreams sir!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Temidayo9(m): 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
freedomforall30:
Did You Know That Anambra state, the smallest SE State is 3x of Lagos State in Size? Anambra state land mass is 4845 sq km, while Lagos is 3445 sq km. However because over 60% of Lagos is water, swamps and lagoons, that's leaves Lagos with only 1378 sq km actual useable land mass. Anambra with only less than 5% water, has actual land mass of 4603 sq km. Hope this sinks into the skulls of afonjas who like to shout land mass! Illiterates!
You re definitely a pained fellow from the East

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by femidejulius(m): 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
Check out both their landmass online nah
. Only a fool who wants to start a tribal debate will state that Anambra is x3 of Lagos.

Total landmass of Anambra is 4,844Km`²
Total landmass of Lagos is 3,577Km²

In a related news, the population of only one local government in Lagos state is more than half the entire population of a lot of states in Nigeria. For instance the population of Alimosho local government is more than half the population of states like Ebonyi, Ekiti etc etc

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by melodyogonna(m): 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2017
yet many of those afonja illiterates will keep shouting south east cannot contain all igbos

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by horsepower101: 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2017
The point I think the OP is trying to make is that landmass doesn't mean much. If lagos that is 1/3 the size of anambra can contain more than 20million people, then saying "My state is bigger than yours" makes no sense.

Mind you lagos can contain another 5 to 10 million people with better infrastructure. Now imagine how much anambra state alone can contain.

The main point is that land size doesn't matter.

9 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
femidejulius:
[s]Check out both their landmass online nah

In a related news, the population of only one local government in Lagos state is more than half the entire population of a lot of states in Nigeria. For instance the population of Alimosho local government is more than half the states like Ebonyi, Ekiti etc etc[/s]

Afonjas have shifted the goal post from land mass to population. What is wrong with these people? If you hit them hard now with population facts like we have done with land mass, they will shift from population to water mass? Who knows, road mass or even air mass? Shameless wicked things! For over 10 yrs, they have shouting land mass and will not let us rest, forgetting that most Northern states dwarfs all their states combined, but you will never hear Hausa-Fulani, Nupe or Northerners shouting Niger state is 3x bigger than the whole SW combined.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
horsepower101:
The point I think the OP is trying to make is that landmass doesn't mean much. If lagos that is 1/3 the size of anambra can contain more than 20million people, then saying "My state is bigger than yours" makes no sense.

Mind you lagos can contain another 5 to 10 million people with better infrastructure. Now imagine how much anambra state alone can contain.

If Lagos can house over 30 million people today, with only 5% of it's land mass used, with over 60% of that being water, swamps and lagoons, and with zero city planning with respect to more high-rise residential buildings to economize land mass, then Anambra can house over 200 million people with only 5% of land mass used because Anambra actually has the best land economization planning policy in Nigeria, with more high-rise buildings than any African country let alone Nigeria.

Anambra residential high rise buildings.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Sammy07: 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
Well landmass dosen't mean....
Agreed..

But if you don't develop your land, then.......

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
OP, what was calculated was the landmass and not total area so Lagos could be bigger than Anambra if the total water mass is included.
Remember that Lagos still has the continental shelf in the Atlantic and if that is included too, you'll realise that Anambra MAY BE the smallest state in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by melodyogonna(m): 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
horsepower101:

if lagos could contain upto 20million people with all those industries and water, that means enugu state alone can even contain the whole igbos

7 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by horsepower101: 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
Yyeske:
OP, what was calculated was the landmass and not total area so Lagos could be bigger than Anambra if the total water mass is included.
Remember that Lagos still has the continental shelf in the Atlantic and if that is included too, you'll realise that Anambra MAY BE the smallest state in Nigeria.

Ok go underwater to go count lagos population since you want to include water mass.

11 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Sprumbabafather: 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
And the whole of yerobaland can fit into Niger state and there will be space enough for my 40000 sq km golf course grin

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Sprumbabafather: 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2017
Yyeske:

It pained you abi? grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2017
horsepower101:

Ok go underwater to go count lagos population since you want to include water mass.

Lol...I told you, they will shift goal post.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by horsepower101: 10:47pm On Nov 27, 2017
melodyogonna:
if lagos could contain upto 20million people with all those industries and water, that means enugu state alone can even contain the whole igbos

This is why I shake my head when people make fun of south east for land mass without understanding this concepts.

8 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 27, 2017
Yyeske:

Afonja shifting goal post. Do you know what Anambra land mass will be if we counted all the erosion damaged land mass, not included in actual useable land mass? It would be 5x of Lagos. I just being conservative and generous not including them!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Sammy07: 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
And the whole of yerobaland can fit into Niger state and there will be space enough for my 40000 sq km golf course grin

Your hatred For Yoruba has finally show..

If the SW can fit into Niger state..

Then the whole SE and SS. Will fit into Niger state also

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Sammy07: 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2017
horsepower101:

This is why I shake my head when people make fun of south east for land mass without understanding this concepts.

Am not making fun...

Having small land mass and you aren't developing it is nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
horsepower101:

That's afonjas for you. They brain is so small, so tiny like that of a peanut seed; they can't think or reason properly. They have been shouting this land mass thing for decades without understanding the concept of land mass, I just kept quiet and watching them continue to show their stupidity.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
horsepower101:

Victoria Island, much of Lekki, Eko Atlantic city etc are all reclaimed lands from the ocean which Anambra doesn't have.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 10:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

It pained you abi? grin
I am only facing facts,mind you I'm from Awka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Sprumbabafather: 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
Yyeske:
Victoria Island, much of Lekki, Eko Atlantic city etc are all reclaimed lands from the ocean which Anambra doesn't have.

And even upon all the reclaimed land, minna local government area is still larger than Lagos and all the lagoons grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by femidejulius(m): 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
I know you are a (fake) christian so I will answer you with Proverbs 26:4 which states

"Don't answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are."

freedomforall30:

Afonjas have shifted the goal post from land mass to population. What is wrong with these people? If you hit them hard now with population facts like we have done with land mass, they will shift from population to water mass? Who knows, road mass? Shameless wicked things! For over 10 yrs, they have shouting land mass and will not let us rest, forgetting that most Northern states dwarfs all their states combined, but you will never hear Hausa-Fulani, Nupe or Northerners shouting Niger state is 3x bigger than the whole SW combined.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by horsepower101: 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
Yyeske:

The flood that will strike lagos in the future is doing press up now. Continue sandfilling natural water pathways in the name of development.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
freedomforall30:

Lol...I told you, they will shift goal post.
Who are the they? Do you think I'm one of your kind who love to massage their ego without any recourse to facts?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
horsepower101:

What concept?
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
femidejulius:
I know you are a (fake) christian so I will answer you with Proverbs 26:4 which states

"Don't answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are."

Afonja are now quoting the bible,lol. They can't quote facts because they know we have finished them, so they result to bible. Afonjas are finished as a people...I dust my hands.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 10:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
freedomforall30:

Afonja shifting goal post. Do you know what Anambra land mass will be if we counted all the erosion damaged land mass, not included in actual useable land mass? It would be 5x of Lagos. I just being conservative and generous not including them!
Continue deceiving yourself, Lagos can still expand its landmass and it is doing so as we speak but Anambra cannot

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sylva’s Aides Abscond With 200 Vehicles / Excerpts From Boko Haram: History, Ideas And Revolt By Comrade Shehu Sanni / Soldiers Launch House-To-House Search In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.