Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,478 members, 7,865,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? (7271 Views)

I'm Not Aware That Anambra Lawmakers Rejected Suvs For My Rides - Innoson Motors / The Infographic Map Of Kano Emirates, Emir Sanusi Got Smallest Land Mass / Percentage Of Muslims In Each SE State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Bede2u(m): 8:05am On Nov 28, 2017
Yyeske:
Kotogbu onwe gi ebe a.
Back to topic and stop insulting the Yorubas here.
Landmass was calculated and not total area, water mass was not included, Lagos state has been reclaiming the sea for decades reason we have V.I, Banana island, Lekki, Ajah, Eko Atlantic etc, does Anambra have such or are we to reclaim the stretch of river Niger to expand the landmass of the state?
I dont insult yorubas here who did not first insult Igbo. I reply insults, i dont initiate them. Just like the little convo we had now in Igbo was filled with insults from u.
I wont insult u back. Will NEVER insult anybody who can speak the Igbo language... not even Rochas. Igbo will be great, even if your kinds say no. I will leave it at that because as we say in Igbo, uche di ka-akpa, onye obula vu nke ya.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 8:08am On Nov 28, 2017
Amarabae:
The black race need psychological help.
Whats special about landmass?
South east is bigger than Israel yet Israel produce far more food products than the whole of Nigeria.
Have you seen the size of Singapore and the big population living in it.
Enugu and Anambra alone can contain all Igbos.
We are in a world era of high rise accommodation buildings in order to assimilate the population.
This landmass noise is bereft of intelligence.
Kpomkwem, what's the big deal about landmass in the first place?
I'm sure if anyone here is asked to choose between high density Singapore and Nigeria, 99.9% will definitely go for Singapore
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2017
Bede2u:
I dont insult yorubas here who did not first insult Igbo. I reply insults, i dont initiate them. Just like the little convo we had now in Igbo was filled with insults from u.
I wont insult u back. Will NEVER insult anybody who can speak the Igbo language... not even Rochas. Igbo will be great, even if your kinds say no. I will leave it at that because as we say in Igbo, uche di ka-akpa, onye obula vu nke ya.
Ndi ofe mmanu is what then, a compliment? Face topic biko.
Putting Rochas into a topic that he wasn't mentioned is what again, a compliment?
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Amarabae(f): 8:18am On Nov 28, 2017
Yyeske:
Kpomkwem, what's the big deal about landmass in the first place?
I'm sure if anyone here is asked to choose between high density Singapore and Nigeria, 99.9% will definitely go for Singapore
comparing Singapore with Nigeria is a treason act.
Niger, Chad etc have large landmass in Africa yet Rwanda which is landlocked is far more than them.
Nb : Southeast is bigger than Rwanda in landmass.
If Lagos with 3000+ kmsq can contain up to 25million people, that means that IMO state which is 6000+kmsq can contain up to 50million people.
This landmass noise is a psychological attack that they want to launch against Igbos but its dead on arrival

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by maximilano: 8:23am On Nov 28, 2017
What has this got to do with the survival of the common man? People are busy thinking of how to make an improvement to their well-being and to humanity, some people are arguing over land mass/population.
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 8:26am On Nov 28, 2017
Amarabae:
Niger, Chad etc have large landmass in Africa yet Rwanda which is landlocked is far more than them.
If Lagos with 3000+ kmsq can contain up to 25million people, that means that IMO state which is 6000+kmsq can contain up to 50million people.
This landmass noise is a psychological attack that they want to launch against Igbos but its dead on arrival
We are on the same page on this topic and nobody is trying to divide the Igbos, just someone with a warped thinking came up with the topic and several pigs jumped into the topic without their brains.
Just as you said earlier, Anambra and Enugu can conveniently house the whole Igbo population so I was wondering why the noise about landmass and crap.
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Michael004: 8:30am On Nov 28, 2017
freedomforall30:
Did You Know That Anambra state, the smallest SE State is 3x of Lagos State in Size? Anambra state land mass is 4845 sq km, while Lagos is 3445 sq km. However because over 60% of Lagos is water, swamps and lagoons, that's leaves Lagos with only 1378 sq km actual useable land mass. Anambra with only less than 5% water, has actual land mass of 4603 sq km. Hope this sinks into the skulls of afonjas who like to shout land mass, land mass, land mass like zombies when in fact it means nothing but since you want to make it an issue, we will make it an issue for you! Illiterates!
It is so unfortunate that you that are calling someone illiterate is the most stupid and daft. When you cannot even differentiate between landmass and land area. You are such a shame shame to your education.
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by efighter: 8:32am On Nov 28, 2017
freedomforall30:
Did You Know That Anambra state, the smallest SE State is 3x of Lagos State in Size? Anambra state land mass is 4845 sq km, while Lagos is 3445 sq km. However because over 60% of Lagos is water, swamps and lagoons, that's leaves Lagos with only 1378 sq km actual useable land mass. Anambra with only less than 5% water, has actual land mass of 4603 sq km. Hope this sinks into the skulls of afonjas who like to shout land mass, land mass, land mass like zombies when in fact it means nothing but since you want to make it an issue, we will make it an issue for you! Illiterates!

So, this is what government has turned our youth into. Empty barrels without brain.

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Michael004: 8:33am On Nov 28, 2017
Amarabae:
That your igbo brother is too daft. Someone that doesn't know the difference between landmass and land area. But calling people illiterates. I just weak for his type of education.
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 8:39am On Nov 28, 2017
Michael004:
That your igbo brother is too daft. Someone that doesn't know the difference between landmass and land area. But calling people illiterates. I just weak for his type of education.
That guy make me shame sef, he doesn't know the difference between landmass and total area. I'm sure if Lagos lagoon was added to the size of Lagos, it could be larger than Anambra.
Not as if landmass matters in the scheme of things much, it is the people that does matter.
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by GuyfawkesAB(m): 8:41am On Nov 28, 2017
But you haven't subtracted all the thousands of hectares devoted to Ogwugwu and Alusi as evil forest and then the areas eaten up by gully erosion?

grin grin grin grin

freedomforall30:

If Lagos can house over 30 million people today, with only 5% of it's land mass used, with over 60% of that being water, swamps and lagoons, and with zero city planning with respect to more high-rise residential buildings to economize land mass, then Anambra can house over 200 million people with only 5% of land mass used because Anambra actually has the best land economization planning policy in Nigeria, with more high-rise buildings than any African country let alone Nigeria.

Anambra residential high rise buildings.
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Mofe72: 9:26am On Nov 28, 2017
horsepower101:
The point I think the OP is trying to make is that landmass doesn't mean much. If lagos that is 1/3 the size of anambra can contain more than 20million people, then saying "My state is bigger than yours" makes no sense.

Mind you lagos can contain another 5 to 10 million people with better infrastructure. Now imagine how much anambra state alone can contain.

The main point is that land size doesn't matter.

Another 5 what??

Abeg send them back.

Too many people in Lagos are homeless/squatting.
Many more just come here for work
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by cstr1000: 9:47am On Nov 28, 2017
Yyeske:
I guess you've never heard the word reclamation
Furst of all, thank God you did not deny you are not from anambra

Secondly, reclamation is only feasible when there is a stable water level. Global warming and climate change is increasing the water level rapidly.
Residents in lekki are facing serious flooding on a regular basis. Infact, it is said that Lagos will be submerged in 50 years.
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by mercyville: 9:59am On Nov 28, 2017
freedomforall30:

That's afonjas for you. They brain is so small, so tiny like that of a peanut seed; they can't think or reason properly. They have been shouting this land mass thing for decades without understanding the concept of land mass, I just kept quiet and watching them continue to show their stupidity.
Is it because of the fact below that you are pained.

How dare you compare a piggy bank
(Igboland) with central bank(Yorubaland).The
size of your small enclave (Igboland)is almost
the size of OYO state,just a part in Yorubaland
and 45 million of Igbos have not been able to
develop this small enclave intoeldorado.In spite
of your rituals,drugs peddling,baby factory etc
and with your late civilization,you still have brown
roofs in your small enclave.The singular evidence
that Yorubas are richer than the Igbos,are their
numerous massive industries, highest number of
private universities,private colleges,real estate
people,ICTpeople etc.Do not be delusional and
compare a small enclave filled with 3000 houses
with a large area where 1000000 houses are
scattered all over.Do not be like Ojuku..

Even Lagos is bigger than Anambra because all the land including the erosion sites in Anambra have been included but the swamps and water in Lagos were not included.Lagos is surely 3x of Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by mercyville: 10:02am On Nov 28, 2017
freedomforall30:

That's afonjas for you. They brain is so small, so tiny like that of a peanut seed; they can't think or reason properly. They have been shouting this land mass thing for decades without understanding the concept of land mass, I just kept quiet and watching them continue to show their stupidity.
Is it because of the fact below that you are pained?

How dare you compare a piggy bank
(Igboland) with central bank(Yorubaland).The
size of your small enclave (Igboland)is almost
the size of OYO state,just a part in Yorubaland
and 45 million of Igbos have not been able to
develop this small enclave intoeldorado.In spite
of your rituals,drugs peddling,baby factory etc
and with your late civilization,you still have brown
roofs in your small enclave.The singular evidence
that Yorubas are richer than the Igbos,are their
numerous massive industries, highest number of
private universities,private colleges,real estate
people,ICTpeople etc.Do not be delusional and
compare a small enclave filled with 3000 houses
with a large area where 1000000 houses are
scattered all over.Do not be like Ojuku..
SE is a piggy bank compared to the SW which is known as central bank...

Even Lagos is bigger than Anambra because all the land including the erosion sites in Anambra have been included but the swamps and water in Lagos were not included.Lagos is surely 3x of Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 10:11am On Nov 28, 2017
cstr1000:

Secondly, reclamation is only feasible when there is a stable water level. Global warming and climate change is increasing the water level rapidly.
Residents in lekki are facing serious flooding on a regular basis. Infact, it is said that Lagos will be submerged in 50 years.
Lagosians are not complaining to you yet so mind your business, you Somali Jew
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Malawian(m): 10:23am On Nov 28, 2017
Bede2u:
A biaro m iko onu. Ihe nile i n'ede na nairaland na-akoto ndiigbo. Obu Maka gini?
Oyi m na ulo akwukwo sekondiri na asu ma na ede asusu anyi ka o bu onye nke anyi. Nwa ahu bu onye ofe.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Michael004: 10:25am On Nov 28, 2017
cstr1000:

Your wish. By then, you won't exist anymore.
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Bede2u(m): 10:27am On Nov 28, 2017
Malawian:

Oyi m na ulo akwukwo sekondiri na asu ma na ede asusu anyi ka o bu onye nke anyi. Nwa ahu bu onye ofe.
abi?
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by mercyville: 10:35am On Nov 28, 2017
Malawian:

Chioma bu afọ ime
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 10:50am On Nov 28, 2017
Malawian:

Cry me a river then.
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2017
Michael004:
Your wish. By then, you won't exist anymore.
He'll be back in the village selling pure water
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 10:52am On Nov 28, 2017
Bede2u:
abi?
Face topic and stop blabbing
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 10:52am On Nov 28, 2017
mercyville:

Chioma bu afọ ime
Face topic
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Bede2u(m): 10:54am On Nov 28, 2017
Yyeske:
Face topic and stop blabbing
Honestly i dont care about this topic. It makes no difference to me the size of Igboland. What I care is that igbo unite and speak with one voice

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by cstr1000: 10:59am On Nov 28, 2017
Yyeske:
Lagosians are not complaining to you yet so mind your business, you Somali Jew
As long as your fraud as$ don't claim to be from anambra or even Igbo, then I am okay.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by mercyville: 11:03am On Nov 28, 2017
cstr1000:

lol...are you a prophet of doom?There are a lot of reclaimed lands in the world which include much of the urbanized area adjacent to
San Francisco Bay , including most of San
Francisco's waterfront and Financial
District, the Port of Oakland, and large
portions of the city of Alameda has been
reclaimed from the bay.
Mexico City (which is situated at the
former site of Lake Texcoco ); the
chinampas are a famous example.
Parts of Panama City urban and street
development are based on reclaimed land,
using material extracted from Panama
Canal excavations.
The Chicago shoreline
The Northwestern University Lakefill , part
of the campus of Northwestern University
in Evanston, Illinois
Back Bay, Boston, Massachusetts
Battery Park City , Manhattan
Brooklyn Bridge Park , Brooklyn
Liberty State Park , Jersey City
The Toronto Islands, Leslie Street Spit, and
the waterfront in Toronto
Part of Nuns' Island and all of Île Notre-
Dame in Montreal
Artificial islands are an example of land
reclamation. Creating an artificial island is an
expensive and risky undertaking. It is often
considered in places with high population
density and a scarcity of flat land. Kansai
International Airport (in Osaka) and Hong
Kong International Airport are examples where
this process was deemed necessary. The
Palm Islands, The World and hotel Burj al-Arab
off Dubai in the United Arab Emirates are
other examples of artificial islands (although
there is yet no real "scarcity of land" in
Dubai), as well as the Flevopolder in the
Netherlands which is the largest artificial
island in the world.

In Africa,we have...
The Foreshore in Cape Town
The Hassan II Mosque in Morocco is built
on reclaimed land.
The Eko Atlantic in Lagos, Nigeria.

These are the dangers enumerated by experts:

Reclaimed land is highly susceptible to soil
liquefaction during earthquakes, which can
amplify the amount of damage that occurs to
buildings and infrastructure. Subsidence is
another issue, both from soil compaction on
filled land, and also when wetlands are
enclosed by levees and drained to create
Polders . Drained marshes will eventually sink
below the surrounding water level, increasing
the danger from flooding.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by cstr1000: 11:09am On Nov 28, 2017
mercyville:

lol...are you a prophet of doom?There are a lot of reclaimed lands in the world which include much of the urbanized area adjacent to
reclaimed from the bay.
Canal excavations.
The Chicago shoreline
in Evanston, Illinois
Dame in Montreal
island in the world.

In Africa,we have...
on reclaimed land.

Wetin conern me?

Calling me a prophet of doom shows you have little knowledge about lagos environmental vulnerability that is now a matter of fact.

I didn't say lands cannot be reclaimed. I said it is gradually becoming a waste of time due to Climate change.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 11:11am On Nov 28, 2017
Bede2u:
Honestly i dont care about this topic. It makes no difference to me the size of Igboland. What I care is that igbo unite and speak with one voice
Uniting not with your likes that give no room for opposition because you believe everybody must think alike
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 11:12am On Nov 28, 2017
cstr1000:

As long as your fraud as$ don't claim to be from anambra or even Igbo, then I am okay.
Swear with your soul that you are not a Somali Jew
Re: Is It True That Anambra, Smallest SE State Is 3x Of Lagos State In Size? by Yyeske(m): 11:15am On Nov 28, 2017
mercyville:

reclaimed from the bay.
Canal excavations.
The Chicago shoreline
in Evanston, Illinois
Dame in Montreal
island in the world.

In Africa,we have...
on reclaimed land.

Allow those illiterates to continue showing off their shame to the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do You Support Goodluck Jonathan For President? / How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help / Paradigm Initiative Writes NCC, Demands Fol Request On Blocked EndSARS Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.