Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae (805 Views)

WARNING TO GUY'S. Exclusively Bae!!! / Question Time!!! Exclusively Bae / Its Fun Reading Hate Comment With Bae While Chilling In My House (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Martin0(m): 7:30am On Nov 30, 2017
There are basically three types of intimate relationships that shape our personal life – close friends, romantic partners and family.
However, the success of any of these, or of other relationships which we may see as less significant depends on what we as individuals are prepared to invest in them.

The key ingredients for any successful relationship are a willingness to trust in each other, to communicate effectively, be able to apologise when we make mistakes and take responsibility for own behaviour, to maintain a sense of humour and humility and above all to give each other and the relationship time by being actively involved and sharing a significant part of our lives together.

When a relationship feels good and is working well we have that sense that being in that relationship just feels right, when even sitting in silence is to feel at ease in each other’s company. An intimate relationship is defined as the state of knowing someone well, and to be known and to know the other is the ideal, though it takes time to achieve. This sense of all being well with each other and with the relationship is not always easy to maintain.

Relationships evolve, change and sometimes break and experiences such as raising children, bereavement, loss of a job or job satisfaction, changes in financial circumstances, infidelity, and the stages of our own development may all impact on these relationships. These are challenges that most relationships encounter and it is the quality of the relationship that will most affect the processes of repair and growth. So what are the key factors in sustaining and growing our relationships with others?

• Time: When the relationship is working or feels right to us we can become complacent. So attending to and being attentive to the other person and to the relationship is critical. Take time to check out with each other how things are and what, if anything, needs to change.

• Self-awareness: We should ask ourselves ‘How am I changing? Do I involve others when it should be a relationship decision? Do I accept responsibility for my own actions and forgive others when they’ve made a mistake? Do I have a ‘helping’ or a ‘blaming’ mind-set? Am I doing the best for us or for me? Do I communicate openly and honestly in order to let others know how I feel and why I am upset, or do I expect others to mind read my thoughts and feelings?’

• Positive outlook: Ask ‘Do I acknowledge others and their strengths and can I remain positive, good natured and demonstrate genuine warmth and love when things are difficult or do I criticise and use put – downs?’

• Ability to resolve conflict: Arguments are inevitable in any relationship but it’s our ability to resolve conflict in as non-blameful or confrontational way as possible that matters. We must try to demonstrate forgiveness and a willingness to reach a resolution rather than taking a stance of ‘I win, you lose’.

• To Listen: Listening requires a great deal of empathy (ability to put ourselves in the other person’s shoes). When we decide to really listen we make ourselves available to that person, thereby demonstrating the importance we are giving to that person and to the relationship. This says to them ‘I am here for you’, rather than ‘I’m trying to put my point across regardless of your feelings’.

Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 30, 2017
You're entitled to your opinion but this is plain wrong. Relationships cannot be guided by these lines. The human mind is wired differently.
All I know is be free around your spouse...as in totally free. Be yourself. He /she will stay if he/she likes what he/she sees. Else its a bouncing things.waka comot sharp. This is the major key. Some will follow all these lines but go still keep their true character. That's why we have so many breakups. Because the other person go come see true character and might not like it. (Speaking from experience.)

As in I don see girl wey her husband travel. She misses the guy because of a very weird thing.....the way he farts around. As in.......
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by QueenSekxy(f): 7:35am On Nov 30, 2017
okay nice
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Lionbite(m): 7:38am On Nov 30, 2017
Legit
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Martin0(m): 7:56am On Nov 30, 2017
QueenSekxy:
okay nice
Mary Amakagringrin
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2017
We can try but can never be perfect
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Martin0(m): 8:06am On Nov 30, 2017
honjohnbright:
We can try but can never be perfect

Expectations are set and just
as quickly, they get deflated. Those unmet
expectations can leave us questioning the
viability of our partnership and connection.

Well I will agree to your comment 60%gringrin
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Victornezzar: 8:06am On Nov 30, 2017
undecided
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Martin0(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2017
Victornezzar:
undecided
Come ooo,anyway ma nor talk sha.
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by QueenSekxy(f): 8:22am On Nov 30, 2017
Martin0:

Mary Amakagringrin
aww!!that's not me you know smiley
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by QueenSekxy(f): 8:22am On Nov 30, 2017
Victornezzar:
undecided
Victor hope you wouldn't turn this to soccer field
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Victornezzar: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2017
QueenSekxy:

Victor hope you wouldn't turn this to soccer field
lol....In the evening wink
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by QueenSekxy(f): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2017
Victornezzar:
lol....In the evening wink
lolcry
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Victornezzar: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2017
QueenSekxy:

lolcry
u don chop??
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by QueenSekxy(f): 8:32am On Nov 30, 2017
Victornezzar:
u don chop??
yeah..preparing for school.
have a nice daywink
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Victornezzar: 8:32am On Nov 30, 2017
QueenSekxy:

have a nice daywink
same 2 u wink

1 Like

Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Martin0(m): 8:45am On Nov 30, 2017
QueenSekxy:
aww!!that's not me you know smiley

Yeah I knowgringrin so u nor wan be Nnwa mary again..gringrin Umu chineke
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Martin0(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2017
QueenSekxy:
have a nice daywink
Eh! Iffa catch una eh,na here una wan dey do ifumnaya abigringringrin
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 30, 2017
Martin0:

Expectations are set and just
as quickly, they get deflated. Those unmet
expectations can leave us questioning the
viability of our partnership and connection.

Well I will agree to your comment 60%gringrin

True smiley
Re: Importance Of A Relationship!!! Exclusively Bae by Martin0(m): 9:58am On Nov 30, 2017
honjohnbright:

True smiley
I greet ugrin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of Ladies That Litters Nairaland. / My Boyfriend Cheated On Me? Should I Forgive Him Yes Or Not ? / Sex Doll Vs Ladies, Ladies Are Feeling Insecure Already

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.