Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,462 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced (30730 Views)

Moshood Oshun: All Politicians Use Charms, Tie It On Their Waists / Fayemi Pays Salaries, Allowances Of Fayose’s Appointees / Nigeria Senator Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by ArewaWatch: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2017
The senator representing Osun Central Senatorial district, Olusola Adeyeye, on Wednesday called for a reduction in allowances of all politicians including senators.

The senator threw the red chamber into a rowdy session when he made this remark while speaking on the 2018 budget appropriation.
The budget has faced series of criticisms from the lawmakers since the start of the debate on Tuesday.

Mr. Adeyeye said the allowances of all politicians, including senators, must give way to make the budget realisable.
“If we are all going to complain, let’s face it,” he said. “I don’t want deficit budget. If we don’t want it and we want to slash the budget of N8 trillion to N4 trillion, some things must give way including the allowances of all politicians.”

This remark was followed by shouts of ‘it begins with you’ from other Senators as they urged Mr. Adeyeye to take the lead in the recommendation.

‘Yes, I agree,’ he replied.

“I’m just saying that there is no gain without pain and we all know it. I agree with you, beginning with me, I agree.

“Here in this place, weeks after weeks, we create new entities that will consume more money at a time when we know the revenue is not increasing. Even this N8 trillion that we are talking about, I bet you, all of us, including myself will go and ask for more things for our constituency, where do we want the money to come from?

“If we are going to face the truth, we must face the truth together.”

Following public outcry, leaders of the National Assembly, for the first time in about eight years, made public, details of the National Assembly’s budget in 2017.

Before then, details of the budget of the two arms of the legislature had always been shrouded in secrecy much so that some of the lawmakers had no knowledge of it.

The 33-page document released in May 2017 revealed that the National Assembly budget was increased by N10 billion to N125 billion, from the N115 billion proposed by the executive.

Of the N125 billion, N85.8 billion was assigned to total overhead costs, N23.7 billion for personnel costs and N14.9 billion for capital projects.
About N9.6 billion was also proposed for legislative aides of the 469 lawmakers in the two chambers.

The Management of the National Assembly was allocated N14.9 billion, Senate’s budget was put at N31.4 billion, while the House of Representatives got a total of N49 billion.

However, the information released did not specify the breakdown of the budgetary sub-head for overheads, thus fuelling the suspicion that this is where the senators get paid the quarterly running cost for each of their offices.

The two legislative chambers have commenced work on the N8.6 trillion2018 appropriation bill submitted by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Source:http://www.arewawatch.com/2017/11/senator-wants-allowances-of-all.html

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by jesse8048(m): 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
Story for the gods
Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by BruncleZuma: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Egberi Papa one of Bayelsa is no where to be seen...

10 Likes

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
The look on this man's face is Priceless grin

115 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by sunnyworld2love(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
grin
Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by Laple0541(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
Correct guy......

Hope you want that truly, cos many of you guys are hypocrites.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by oshe11: 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
senator oni bajè ooo

3 Likes

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by bamdelarf(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
na so.....

1 Like

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by cinoedhunter: 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
See d shock on that Senator's face behind him... shocked shocked
Like he wants to have cardiac arrest

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by ladeb: 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
Yeye
Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by obajoey(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
i av always loved this man's opinion anytime.

32 Likes

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by blackbeau1(f): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
I forsee his party pushing him out of his seat for this

9 Likes

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by Adaumunocha(f): 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
His fellow politicians won't like that at all

8 Likes

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by Akinz0126(m): 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
The a b o k I sitting close to him thou be like Mr Man if you don't av anything meaningful to say you better stick ur f**king ass down here.No pour sand sand for our garricheesy

10 Likes

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by GGirll: 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
Cheap propaganda mtchewww!!!!
Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by zeusdgrt(m): 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
Just waiting for my time.When is time I will be in that chamber and change things for good
Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
MAN OF THE YEAR.

*Quote*
“If we are all going to complain, let’s face it,” he said. “I don’t want deficit budget. If we don’t want it and we want to slash the budget of N8 trillion to N4 trillion, some things must give way including the allowances of all politicians.”

“I’m just saying that there is no gain without pain and we all know it. I agree with you, beginning with me, I agree

Free Barbecue for you and the family sir!
That's the best we can do to show our support for this good man!!

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ben Bruce said more than this
Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by sajb(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
I think just 30 of this type senator will be just okay for this type of country

14 Likes

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by AbiolaFawole(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
see as dat senator for him back they look am
senator Adeyeye : we must face the truth together.

senator danjuma at his back : is like you want make thunder fire all your family together!! Dan banza

3 Likes

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by IMASTEX: 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
Story for the gods
Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
God bless this man, if we can make stupid things to trend, we can also make this man to trend by supporting the call. For cuts in politician allowances

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by olaide1993: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
hmmmmmmm
Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by yashau(m): 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
well said my senator, God bless Omoluabi!

2 Likes

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by obajoey(m): 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
i always like this man's opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by Akinz0126(m): 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
obajoey:
i av always loved this man's opinion anytime.

is he one of the incorruptible in the NASS ?

1 Like

Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by phkka1(m): 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
Senators from the north will never succumb to this man's idea.
Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by realisticwise: 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
we've always known the politicians are unserious about the project 'Nigeria '.how can a poor Nigeria pay it's politicians on the same level of rich America. To the extent of paying more than other countries politicians sef. smh
Re: Olusola Adeyeye Wants Allowances Of All Politicians Reduced by Pavore9: 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
Apt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

War At Benue State House Of Assembly As Lawmakers Exchange Blows / Tinubu And Governors At Fatima Dangote's Wedding In Lagos / Photos From Bola Tinubu's Meeting With Tony Blair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.