Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Survival Tips For NYSC Camp - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Survival Tips For NYSC Camp (13920 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Can Anyone In NYSC Camp Confirm The Payment Of N38,900 Alawee? / Going For Nysc? Read Here: Survival Guide/tips For Prospective Nysc Corp Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by uchetobi(f): 4:15pm On Feb 26, 2007
@dew drop. Thanx. They knw am goin 4 service. They hv given me a month off 2 go 2 camp. If I want I can take a yr off. My job will still be here. But I don’t just want 2 go and farf 4a whole year when I can be earning cool dough and adding to my knowledge. I know they will give me CD days off. But I was posted 2 ogun state not Lagos (though its close enough 4 me to go 4 cd’s). Anyhw say a prayer 4 me
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by urmy(m): 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2007
Thanks for all the survival tips. I think i can make it now.
Not withstanding is there a way i can serve my country online?
Since I am always on the net I could be in every state as far as i am serving in the ministry of Iformation and communications Abuja.
I dey fear where they go post me too.
I beg if any one know the website to check posting please lemme know.
Thanks
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by Genial(m): 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2007
@hotangel
Yes i was. Did you also serve in Gombe??

Do you know Engr. Yila?

candy:

2002. I served in Deba local gvt.secretariat but I visited most local gvts.Where do/did you live in Gombe?

@Genial, did you serve in Gombe?

Yes, Candy. 2002/2003. Gombe town.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 27, 2007
Genial:

Yes, Candy. 2002/2003. Gombe town.

That's nice. . .I was with batch A,2002 and we left towards the end of December. I didn't get to meet a lot of you guys      except for the few that were posted to my local gvt,besides,I was a ghost corper. You are lucky you didn't camp with my batch,the weather was pretty harsh ,but Mallam Sidi was fun!
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by DewDrop(f): 8:16am On Feb 27, 2007
@ Uchetobi: If you get the CD days off from your job and they understand that it will affect your output, then you have a fabulous deal! But you must "sort" yourself out in Ogun because wherever they post you to will expect you to work there and get the monthly clearance letter. "Sorting" yourself out means you give up your State/Federal allowance. Or you could try to get redeployed 2 lagos and actually serve with your current company. But Ogun state isn'r far and whatever you decide i'm sure it'll work out because you seem to have a plan and its future oriented! Good Luck dear!

@ urmy:
is there a way i can serve my country online?
LoL  grin  grin  grin  Seriously i laughed so hard until i realized you were half hopeful especially when you asked for a website to check your posting location!! Ha! Expectations are high arent they. abeg go to your school and look at the hardcopy of the list posted up at the registrars office. Or go to NYSC headquarters in ABJ and see what u can find out
grin  grin  grin
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by jema: 3:32pm On Feb 27, 2007
hw all am new to this forum. am thinkin of doin my post grad in uk after mt nyse which is comun up in a wks time. love to get some info. smiley smiley
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by jema: 3:52pm On Feb 27, 2007
hey  all am new to this forum. am thinkin of doin my post gradraduates in uk after mt nysc which is  up in a weeks time. love to get some info. smiley smiley
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by kitaun(m): 7:21pm On Feb 27, 2007
hot_angel

which side of Gombe were u residing at?

I was on official duty last year and I was opportuned to be around there for a month cool

Nice place, very clean environs and I saw the Corpers enjoyed themselves even if the State pay was poor grin
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by tenee(f): 8:37pm On Feb 27, 2007
I'll be going for service next week and some of these survival tips just scares the shit out of me. Especially when i know i'll be "thrown" to the north or east since i went to school in Lagos. Meanwhile service is supposed to be next week and we still don't know where we are going to serve.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by bennie019(f): 9:45pm On Feb 27, 2007
I would be going for the service next week and i also dont know where ve been posted but am hoping for the best n its kinda scary (all the camp soldiers and drills).

But then am still lookin forward to it (meetin new people, somewhere new) + all the fun stuff wink wink

dreams lol
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by hotangel2(f): 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2007
Genial:

@hotangel
Do you know Engr. Yila?

You know what? I Know him. . . Not Personally, but i know him. He donated some money to my Lesson Teacher (she was a copper), because her group wanted to do something something.

kitaun:

hot_angel
which side of Gombe were u residing at?
I was on official duty last year and I was opportuned to be around there for a month cool
Nice place, very clean environs and I saw the Corpers enjoyed themselves even if the State pay was poor grin

I resided in Gombe, the capital. Hmm, A month? I doubt if you got to know alot about the place.

Gombe is a peaceful place, and i LOVE that state mehn. No okada trouble, no Too much NEPA 'taking light' unnecessarily! And yes you are right, very CLEAN.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by Genial(m): 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2007
hot-angel:

You know what? I Know him. . . Not Personally, but i know him. He donated some money to my Lesson Teacher (she was a copper), because her group wanted to do something something.

Good. He was one of the friends I made when I was there, and remains my friend to this day.

I resided in Gombe, the capital. Hmm, A month? I doubt if you got to know alot about the place.

Gombe is a peaceful place, and i LOVE that state mehn. No okada trouble, no Too much NEPA 'taking light' unnecessarily! And yes you are right, very CLEAN.

True for most parts.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by progwiz(m): 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2007
The best survival tips u looking for is @the camp when u get there just look for mango platoon
(this re coppers always under d tree,--- every survival tips u'll need is in that platoon ;beleive me) jst be wise in making friends

Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by jiggo(m): 11:49pm On Feb 27, 2007
enjoy your 3weeks, as in participate in d activities grin, more to come
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by aynaija(m): 8:22am On Feb 28, 2007
Well said Guys!
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by alikos2002: 9:37am On Feb 28, 2007
is the posting out for every sch cry
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by Johndada(m): 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2007
Please does anyone have any idea about how those Camp commandants could treat us, and what we may need to guard against,
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2007
You will hear so many stories about passing out and having a big job immediately. These stories are mere illusions as there is more to it than meets the eyes. Don't form aje butter on camp, do what everybody is doing and you will cry the day you will be leaving camp.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by cutey01(f): 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2007
Johndada:

Please does anyone have any idea about how those Camp commandants could treat us, and what we may need to guard against,

You'll have only one camp commandant,the rest are platoon commanders.
They'll not be very nice at first, don't get pissed off by their attitude as they'll change over time.
You won't have much contact with the camp commandant,unless you are a very cool babe wink wink
Don't let them notice you too much,go out when you hear the biggle,don't complain too much and don't form too much butter.
Don't drag babe with camp commandant cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by funweez(f): 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2007
Oh jeez! Nairalanders, you guys are just killing me with your stories. Im also goin for camp this week and ive been living in dread of where i'll get posted to.

Im praying like mad for Lagos camp even though i schooled in Lagos. And right now i have a shopping list as long as my arm.

All nairalanders should puuleeze join me in prayers oh ,that i get my wish and come back from camp unscathed.

Thanks y'all for the titbits, they're so coming in handy too.

Im also working already , how does one get to do all that "settling thingy" lipsrsealed so you can influence your remainin one year of camp?? shocked
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by funweez(f): 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2007
Oh jeez! Nairalanders, you guys are just killing me with your stories. Im also goin for camp this week and ive been living in dread of where i'll get posted to.

Im praying like mad for Lagos camp even though i schooled in Lagos. And right now i have a shopping list as long as my arm.

All nairalanders should puuleeze join me in prayers oh ,that i get my wish and come back from camp unscathed.

Thanks y'all for the titbits, they're so coming in handy too.

Im also working already , how does one get to do all that "settling thingy"  lipsrsealed so you can influence your remainin one year of camp?? shocked
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by olawa20(m): 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2007
You don't need to be scared for any reasons. The first few days can be hell. registration can be hell and trying to adjust to the camp life. But i cant assure you that the next two weeks after that will be fun. Some do cry on the last day when they are about leaving camp when they get separated from the new friends they've made

And please, you'll do well not to fall in love in camp grin. The heartbreaks are more than the success stories. cheesy
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by boraddo(m): 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2007
me sef dey serve for gombe, mallam Sidi was fun,
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by creamdream: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2007
make we form nairaland clik on camp!! for prison?
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by creamdream: 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2007
na prison camp?
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by McDreamy: 4:58pm On Feb 28, 2007
Well, NL peeps my posting is finally out & its . . . ADAMAWA! *where the heck is that, scratches head grin*

Please has anyone served there or is serving there? How far is it from Lagos by road or air? Please o, any SPECIFIC TIPS . . . thanks for all your comments. . . am scared shitless, but its better you know what you are getting into
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by ObaMan(m): 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2007
@ DEWDROP,
I am in Ikeja, holding it down. Also stay around there.
I am stilll quite new in Lagos.
WEgo dey relate---acegery@yahoo.com
Cheers
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by bennie019(f): 8:54pm On Feb 28, 2007
wow ma call up letter is finally out and it definately beats my wildest imaginations (edo state)

Crazy thing is I schooled at okada and now am being sent back to that place.

This is one of them times you want to believe you are in a nightmare and u are waiting for someone to
wake you up. cry Ma bad this aint a dream its reality. So Fellow country people posted to Edo state i dont mind meeting you
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by swing: 11:42pm On Feb 28, 2007
hey  bennie019 ,can u gime a private chat id ?
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by bennie019(f): 11:54pm On Feb 28, 2007
hey swing its on ma profile though am kinda sleepy
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by punch(f): 9:17am On Mar 01, 2007
Hi,
I Served in Kogi Batch B. The experience at first was alarming Cause you can't use the toilet and bathroom. You get to see Shows on the parade ground in the evenings. Guinness stand was also there. I got to attend Family life programme just as a means of escaping parade ground and receiving lectures in the sun. Make sure you get there early to avoid rush cause i was one of the first to arrive though i lived in Lagos. I got there for 6:00am and by 12:00pm i was through
I wish you all the best
AJUWAYA smiley grin cheesy
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by beau1(f): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2007
Served in Enugu state 2004/2005 Batch B.

Camp is a pleasant experience. Two days out of camp and you miss it so much you wish to go back - but being on camp no matter how interesting is not eeeeeeeeeeasy!

Pick three clothes for Sunday (3) and may be two more extra incase you dont get your uniforms on time.

Hold enough money but be careful of spending. SO much to spend on while on camp cos many are there to make money.

Take a few paid-pics but better take a camera along and take more pics for washing later.

Be open-minded and make friends with colleagues and soldiers alike. Don't hang around mammy too long.

Try all your best to enjoy ur stay.

Participate in camp activities as much as possible. Its once in a lifetime grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year / Delta Corpers Embark On Environmental Sanitation (photos) / Unpaid Nysc Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.