Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Survival Tips For NYSC Camp - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Survival Tips For NYSC Camp (13924 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Can Anyone In NYSC Camp Confirm The Payment Of N38,900 Alawee? / Going For Nysc? Read Here: Survival Guide/tips For Prospective Nysc Corp Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by rightdude(m): 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2007
get a babe there and spendyour 3 weeks together, sure you would have fun
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by fisayo: 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2007
Nairalanders, I think I need help smiley I've been posted to Rivers State and I really don't like the idea. Why? Simple! I heard that the Governor doesn't want any oil company to take NYSC personnel. Like that's not enough, I heard that all NYSC personnel are to be assigned community service like teaching, ,

Can you just imagine? Just when I thought that it was my chance to share in the Black Gold spoil. What's your advice for me?
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by urmy(m): 4:44am On Mar 02, 2007
Guys,
Guess what!
Surprise to My greatest fear, I am posted to Sokoto.
Heavens know how much the state know about the internet.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by fresh2impr: 10:56am On Mar 02, 2007
I 'm already tremebling at the though of going to Camp. I 've been posted to Lagos for this March batch. my main concern is the sanitary conditions - I use the toilet a lot because my bowel is very sensitive. So if i want to use the loo by 2am is there no toilet? How do people bath? Are there private cubicles? Also how do you get allocated rooms? is it first come first serve or can you choose ur room mates?

any tips would be much appreciated.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by ferpozie(m): 10:59am On Mar 02, 2007
I was posted to Kebbi state.Does anyone have an experience of Kebbi State.Any links.I need peoples personal experiences for Kebbi State.I'll be waiting for replies as we leave soon for camp.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2007
Cheer up guys! grin
NYSC is going to turn out to be your most interesting yr if you utilise it well. Was posted to Adamawa state, totally enjoyed the 2 day drive from Lagos. Make sure you travel with fellow corp members, it will make ur trip all the more exciting.
Find a girl during ur 3 weeks (there will be uncountable available ones) cheesy and enjoy ur stay at camp.
Try and avoid the parade as much as you can, its horrible. Take enough money, the food served may not be the best in the world.
If you are christian, the NCCF may be the fastest way to make friends and enjoy urself all the more. wink May also be your passport to staying posted in the state capital for those of u that will be posted to the north.

And yes, oil companies have been directed not to take NYSC members anymore. Make the best use of wherever u are posted, make friends, have fun, relax. Its one yr you will never get back. Believe me, after 11 months u'll wish u could do it all over again.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by creamdream: 10:31am On Mar 03, 2007
Cool , gist, av been posted to FCT-Abuja cant wait to get into camp, wont mind the parade cos i intend to join the MILITARY after service!! smiley
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by ladykay(f): 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2007
For those posted to Ebonyi State where i served, enter Ifesinachi (from Jibowu) straight to Abakaliki. As long as you're going on the day or the day before camp is opening, there would be a straight bus (night or day) and you would meet fellow graduates going to camp which would be good for u.
If u can't stand the long journey, take a flight to Enugu but be mindful that u would still have to move from the airport to Enugu town to get another vehicle to Abakiliki.
From Abakaliki, u just have to find ur way to Sharon Camp which is the temporary NYSC camp.
, And u're lucky camp is opening in March. The dust in Ebonyi b4 the rains is hell. Ur white would turn to brown so take extra white T-shirts. But camp is fun anyway
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by mykephils(m): 10:26am On Mar 04, 2007
Please Who served in Bauchi state ?Is the camp fenced ? My younger brother is posted there. I want him to go to the camp on the last day of regisration.Can he also live camp immediately after the registration he is not feeling to well.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by bido: 7:04am On Mar 05, 2007
how do u runz NYSC after stayin 4 the 3 weeks orientation, cuz omo i cant stay 4 the whole year, abeg , need some advice, got other tings planned out lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by ObaMan(m): 8:04am On Mar 05, 2007
@bido
What state are u in?
If u can arrange ur zonal inspector very well and arrange ur monthly clearance,
U can as well vanish into thing air.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by jagunjagun: 10:37am On Mar 05, 2007
am presently serving in Taaraba State, precisely at d College of agric, Jalingo. If are posted to Taraba and u need my help, pls do not waste time to call this number, 0803 599-7604. I'l be of great help to u, i promise.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2007
You have to be smart on camp else you get posted to the remotest part of the state and that will automatically mean the end of fun for you. If you must be posted to the capital city, be bold enough to get to the admin. building and run things yourself. You may as well join OBS, participate actively in sport or be very active in NCCF. These are sure ways to remain in the town. Somebody told me this and it worked out. Beware of randy NYSC staff who may give you the impression that they are all and all as far as posting is concerned, use your innitiative. After camp I strongly recommend Road Safety CDS for you and you will be glad you joined. I served in Ebonyi State in the 2005 Batch A, don't worry much about locating Sharon camp since it is a tradition in Ebonyi State for the Road safety CDS to welcome you and take you straight to Sharon. Best of luck.

ladykay:

For those posted to Ebonyi State where i served, enter Ifesinachi (from Jibowu) straight to Abakaliki. As long as you're going on the day or the day before camp is opening, there would be a straight bus (night or day) and you would meet fellow graduates going to camp which would be good for u.
If u can't stand the long journey, take a flight to Enugu but be mindful that u would still have to move from the airport to Enugu town to get another vehicle to Abakiliki.
From Abakaliki, u just have to find your way to Sharon Camp which is the temporary NYSC camp.
, And u're lucky camp is opening in March. The dust in Ebonyi before the rains is hell. your white would turn to brown so take extra white T-shirts. But camp is fun anyway

Ladykay, what year and Batch were you?
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by creamdream: 1:25pm On Mar 05, 2007
am posted to KANO STATE Is there nobody on this sie with the same plight?? shocked plight indeed, why wont it be a plight since it seems am the only guy on the fourum in FCT, lets hook up on camp now!!nairaland clik on camp!!
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2007
NYSC is a sweet and exciting experience. I wish all intending-Corps members the very best. Make sure you use the opportunity very well, it's just once in a lifetime! I served in Kogi State and i explored it real good. In terms of meeting with great personnels in the Government house to dinning with the less priviledged ones, My Community Development Project was da bomb! Just for the youth & the disabled!!!
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2007
Yeah! i have this one thing to say again. Pls try as much as possible to attend fellowships there, don't allow the busy schedule to rid you of it! You need God to order your steps and to take you to a fertile ground where you'll begin to prosper.

Just as i never wished to be posted to a Church in Kogi State, but i was, and it worked out for my good as i was thereafter confered with NYSC STATE AWARD. so the best awaits you too.

God bless!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by agnesoseka: 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2007
No big deal,its an exxperience no harm in finding out yaself, Its fun n stress mixed 2 geda, bt am sure u guys'll have more of d Fun!
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by uchetobi(f): 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2007
Thanx y’all. Camp was fun but highly stressful. Iv sorted myself out (ghost corper) and am back to the office. Say a prayer 4 me that all will be well thru out the service year.
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by donchica(f): 5:56am On Dec 03, 2007
dear mcDreamy,im sure ur alias says it all, wipe out that excitement about corper shun and welcome to the real world.i can see dat u mite be viewing it thru rose colored glasses,anyway,when u get to camp, camp wasnt as nice as the rest of the service yr,so be prepared for the worst.basically ur provisions are important,and of course ur torch and bucket,but bear in mind that after camp ur major worry will be how to negotiate ur luggage so dont carry too much.i had to leave a lot of stuff in camp because of dat,cos trust me it isnt funny fighting with a large box and stuff when ur looking for a way to settle.i speak for other corpers tho because i had a friend come pick me up,and actually went clubbing that nite!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by donchica(f): 5:57am On Dec 03, 2007
dear mcDreamy,im sure ur alias says it all, wipe out that excitement about corper shun and welcome to the real world.i can see dat u mite be viewing it thru rose colored glasses,anyway,when u get to camp, camp wasnt as nice as the rest of the service yr,so be prepared for the worst.basically ur provisions are important,and of course ur torch and bucket,but bear in mind that after camp ur major worry will be how to negotiate ur luggage so dont carry too much.i had to leave a lot of stuff in camp because of dat,cos trust me it isnt funny fighting with a large box and stuff when ur looking for a way to settle.i speak for other corpers tho because i had a friend come pick me up,and actually went clubbing that nite!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by uchetobi(f): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2008
So when is the passing out date? Any info?
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by alikos2002: 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2008
pls help with tips on interview@interconnect clearing house for the post of switching engineer
Re: Survival Tips For NYSC Camp by ExquisiteBarbz(f): 2:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
@aysometin, wats baffs?wat do u mean by baffs?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year / Delta Corpers Embark On Environmental Sanitation (photos) / Will NASU Strike Affect NYSC 2013 Batch C Posting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.