Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,500 members, 7,812,545 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers (24636 Views)

Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu Campaign In Edo Central / Buhari Says Edo Central, Forgets He's In Ondo / More Reactions From Nigerians As Buhari Says "Edo Central" While He's In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by Awoo88: 7:38am On Dec 01, 2017
OK useful ijaw idiots. Working against the interest of her people because of plates of food.
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by Abagworo(m): 8:04am On Dec 01, 2017
FemiFimile:
No nothing like dat, they should just cut the ijaws out of Edo into Delta where they belong.

The ijaws in Edo are spill over from Delta, they need to return dem to delta via border demarcation.

Oba of Benin cannot be Monarch to Ijaw people, that is wholly unacceptable.

Respect other ethnic group, their language and culture, dont dominate anybody especially not with force and threats.

This is y people are calling for restructuring to end all this type of conflict.

The argument is that there is no indigenous Ijaw community in Edo State. The Ijaw fishermen at Gelegele are tenants allowed to fish in peace but they now want to claim the land.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 01, 2017
Theres no hope for this country.

Its time to restructure. Even if its restructuring at state level, and agree our borders wt a referendum in these disputed communities. Let these villages join their brothers in states where they have their majority. Lets redraw these states.

These land disputes are the reasons a complete seccession will be suicide. Everyone will just pick up arms and kill themselves. There must be restructuring before disintegration.
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by nickxtra(m): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The Oba must go.

The Oba must go.

The Oba must go ooo
He has shown that he is a visionless drunkard.

Yeye Oba and his council of touts.
I would even prefer to have Tony Kabaka as Oba than that joker called Ewuare.

Are you drunk?

1 Like

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by monex(m): 9:09am On Dec 01, 2017
Amarabae:
Africans and ethnic jingoism.
But which people get the etymology of gelegele.
Bini or ijaw?

gelegele is a benin word but that is not very relevant and both tribes can have their own name for the town

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by cyrilamx(m): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2017
If not that u guys love courting trouble, do u know that there is a supreme Court judgement of 1983 that unanimously ruled that Gelegele is owned by the binis and under the authority of the Benin Monarch? . Plz Google supreme Court judgement on gelegele
legitnow:

Mbanu, he is King of the entire Nigeria, until other ethnic groups carry arms. They will understand the importance of respect for others culture.

The way ur own dey sweet u, is exactly the way my own they sweet me.

If u tell us u are bini, na bini we go dey call u. Onye-bini.

In fact, na u go say we wicked and tribalistic, becos of the sharp line we will draw to distinguish u from us.

It is respecting the differences and nothing more.

Gele- Ijaws deserve to be respected and left to their own culture.
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by cyrilamx(m): 10:31am On Dec 01, 2017
If not that u guys love courting trouble, do u know that there is a supreme Court judgement of 1983 that unanimously ruled that Gelegele is owned by the binis and under the authority of the Benin Monarch? . Plz Google supreme Court judgement on gelegele
Efewestern:

exactly. this is what I have been saying.

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by Agbaletu: 10:55am On Dec 01, 2017
cyrilamx:
Why can't you put the link here instead of telling them to google it? That is why I like historyworld030, he always supports his argument with facts.
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by cyrilamx(m): 10:57am On Dec 01, 2017
Supreme Court Judgement on Gele-gele. – Benin National Congress
benincongress.org/.../supreme-court- ...
3 days ago ... Behold! The Supreme Court Judgment that affirmed the earlier decision of the Appeal Court Judgment vesting ownership of Gelegele in Benin Kingdom to ...
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by cyrilamx(m): 11:01am On Dec 01, 2017
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by IkpuMmadu: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
Great2017:

It is going to falsify history and create problems for our children after our generation. It is better it is nipped in the bud now.

The best history that we would get is to be part of human advancement. Those are the ones history remembers....history remembers Albert Einstein, Henry Ford etc but history doesn't remember the first king of Benin or the first king of ijaw

Let's forget these Petty things.....and make our own constructive feedback to humanity
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by Agbaletu: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by Great2017: 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

The best history that we would get is to be part of human advancement. Those are the ones history remembers....history remembers Albert Einstein, Henry Ford etc but history doesn't remember the first king of Benin or the first king of ijaw

Let's forget these Petty things.....and make our own constructive feedback to humanity

People's inheritances can never be petty and if you wish to sell your birth right like Esau, we can never sell ours. It is our power to advance our development as a people.
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by evansjeff(m): 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
ReubenE:

Ijaw

The Oba and his noisemakers just woke up because of the proposed seaport
exactly how people become unfortunate and miserable in life without even knowing. I pity you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by ReubenE(m): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2017
evansjeff:
exactly how people become unfortunate and miserable in life without even knowing. I pity you
You are very uncouth.
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by enomakos(m): 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
When will these people admit that all this ruckus is simply about the proposed gelegele seaport, and that they are only interested In who go chop pass. Old fools!!
did you read the article at all?

1 Like

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by enomakos(m): 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
FisifunKododada:
shocked If this issue is not handled properly...blood will be spilled in Edo state. I call on the Oba of Bini to be a leader and calm the tempers. This is no joking matter. shocked
the trouble maker is the pere of gbaramatu

1 Like

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by enomakos(m): 9:35pm On Dec 01, 2017
dadicvila:
LOL ....... Ijaws don't have energy to be writing much on social media and making plenty noise....... But when e go happen eh!!! Bini people will realize that they are surrounded by well armed and battle tested Ijaws from Delta,Ondo,Bayelsa and ofcourse the battle tested Ijaws in Edo State....... even Rivers State Ijaws will send well armed war veterans ........ If this becomes a full blown conflict then bini people will understand why Ijaws was able to bring the Nigeria State to its knees until amnesty was granted by Yar Adua. they will understand that hundreds of our young people that were sent abroad in the past 10yrs under the amnesty scheme did not go abroad to learn fashion designing and interior decoration. Bini's will understand that Ijaws in Nigeria are connected by our beloved rivers.......finally they will understand why the Ijaws are the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria and that every Ijaw man is warrior looking for war when he is pushed to the wall......... That Goodluck Jonathan is not in power again means nothing, the assets are already in place, they should seek counsel from Itsekiri's and Ilaje's........ All these threats by Bini's are unnecessary, the sabber rattling by Governor Obaseki is shameful and unbecoming of an elected official that should seek ways to resolve conflict........the world is watching.......... Ijaws from every State in Nigeria are watching and waiting.

young man wars are not won only with bullets

1 Like

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by enomakos(m): 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
gratiaeo:
What is wrong if Ijaw in Edo state want to have their own king
do non-indigene have a king in your place?

1 Like

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by enomakos(m): 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
nengibo:

Abegi carry ur wahala and go na after 11 be this
so every river belong to the ijaw?ikpoba river is available you guys can come and claims it

2 Likes

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by enomakos(m): 10:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
Afriifa:
I laugh when fools talk of arresting Kings.. agadagba of Gbaramatu is no go area man. even greater dan ur Oba. judgung from those under his command.
really cos they have guns right?
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 02, 2017
It really pains me that this thread actually turned to a war zone of insults and treat of war, It is a big shame that all the educated people on this thread didn't act like one in the end.

I was banned by anti spam bot that's why I couldn't contribute since, but I'd be leaving the thread as it is already a war zone.

I greet my Edo brothers and the Ijaws.
Let's all work carefully and Remember that we are human first.

Oba GHA Topkere, ISE!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by AxxeMan: 3:13am On Dec 02, 2017
ENDTIMEgist:
It really pains me that this thread actually turned to a war zone of insults and treat of war, It is a big shame that all the educated people on this thread didn't act like one in the end.

I was banned by anti spam bot that's why I couldn't contribute since, but I'd be leaving the thread as it is already a war zone.

Oba GHA Topkere, ISE!!!

The ijaws got what they deserved
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by pascal558(m): 7:48am On Dec 02, 2017
ENDTIMEgist:

Oba GHA Topkere, ISE!!!
Bro this ijaw people are stupid and who told u they are educated??Check my posts,i tried to reasm with them bt they kept insulting me,calling my father a bastard,my mum a prostitute and insulting everyone who tried to reason with them!I neva replied with insults at first until i discovered they where feeling to special bcus of militancy and are trying to become a bully,so i gave those uzon noyuhe gbamen rhe [ijaw wen use yansh beat water cum] a piece of my mind!!!Arrogant bastards #spits
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by ice234: 9:56am On Dec 02, 2017
The problem is you don't read wide. It's not what you think. I jaw is the forth largest tribe in Nigeria. They are found in Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Ondo, Rivers as Kalabari etc. Benin is only in about 4 or 5 local governments abi una wan claim Esan?

mr1759:

you be mumu

grin grin grin

what is the population of the bayelsa

what is the population of ijaw boy in creek

Fourth largest king jaja slave in Nigeria my foot
Re: Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers by ice234: 10:03am On Dec 02, 2017
I just did a Wikipedia search on gelegele found out its an ijaw community. If it's true the binis have no right to claim the place. Edo state is a multi tribal state so why claim gelegele kingdom.
We all have to respect other tribe. It's bad enough that we are trading insults here instead of looking for ways to develop the nation.
Hopefully with restructuring all these will end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Obong Attah "It Is Well With My Soul" Book Launch: Udom, Oshiomole, Ngige Attend / Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Osagie Ize-Iyamu Was Rusticated - Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.