Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing (43796 Views)

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Takes COVID-19 Vaccine (Pictures) / Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video / Matthew Ashimolowo Visits Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo’s COZA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by tiwiex(m): 11:14am On Dec 01, 2017
slimfairboy:
shocked
E be like say nobody get mouth pass Freeze o!

Make this Freeze just open church one time na, i go be him member...

The guy just dey spoil market anyhow!! grin

#FreeTheSheeples
For once. Someone is articulating the superior argument many of us have been shouting. The kingdom of heaven is not for sale. The reason we seem to pay tithes is to have a fruitful life on earth. More like scare tactics. It seems not a requirement for eternal life which should be our focus. So all dis preaching is for vain and temporary needs? Freeze is on point.

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by diggz: 11:14am On Dec 01, 2017
AK481:
This pastor is a fugitive from UK over unaccounted church fund by the UK officials.

"if you have lived 10 years pay 10000£ and come to the right"
If u can't pay in pounds pay 10000 naira but come to the left
"

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Odani: 11:15am On Dec 01, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Freeze giving these scammers sleeping nights

I stand with Daddy freeze

Non can back up their claims but y
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by OBIGS(m): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2017
This pastor is Pained. His doing it old school. His like since I don't have a good argument let me assassinate his character. But unfortunately it's not working cos light always outshines darkness. God bless FRZ

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by jayloms: 11:17am On Dec 01, 2017
When atheists argue and label these men of God as fraudsters, I don't get angry, I only pray that God's mercy and grace will bring them to a point where they'll cry father ".. be merciful to me a sinner" Luke 18:13

They argue that there are many prosperous folks out there who don't pay tithe, but what they fail to understand is that, tithing goes beyond financial prosperity, it transcends to other areas of life.

There are many whose tithes have spoken for them in health - not because they pray more than other christians, but because they obey. There are many whose Generations to come are secured already and will never know what is called lack not because they have left huge inheritances for them, but just because they obeyed and did as God instructed in His word.

Now, Who will lay a charge against God's elect? It is God that justifies Romans 8:33
So, why are we passing judgments and castigating these men of God. Or is this part of the Bible not worth our obedience?

" I will give you Pastors after mine own Heart who will feed you with knowledge and understanding" Jeremiah 3:15

My question is: Is DaddyFreeze a Pastor? Is He interpreting the scriptures with earthly wisdom when we know the scriptures were written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit? Can Human understanding survive the things of the Spirit?

I am so sure daddyfreeze and his freethesheeple gang would have labeled the Prophet Elijah a fraudster when he said to the widow of zarephath "...make for me first" 1 king 17:13.

Every humble believer's daily cry should be: ".. that I may know thee" Exodus 33:13. Even Paul at a point prayed the same in Phil 3:10.

I'm sure when they brought the woman caught in the act of adultery to Jesus, they thought their judgment would be His judgment, but they were greatly humbled and left with great disappointment.

May God help us all. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by lastmessenger: 11:18am On Dec 01, 2017
quiverfull:
Though I understand what Freeze is on about...calling attention to the ostentatious lifestyle of some pastors and the general ills in the problems in the body of Christ.
However, he needs to lay off this tithe thing.
For every Law given by God in the Old Testament, there was always a Principle behind it...more like the inspiration for that Law. In this dispensation of the New Testament, we locate and obey the Principles.
what principle is to be learnt from the tithing law ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by InvertedHammer: 11:19am On Dec 01, 2017
Khaliyah:

Last night, God's servant, Dr Paul Enenche of Dunamis exposed the truth of tithing pointing out how Jesus endorsed in
Matt 23:23 says New Living Translation
"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but
you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things. King James Bible
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment,
mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. The passage shows that Jesus endorsed tithing but rebuked tithing in iniquity, so we should tithe!
*You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.* (NLT)
Excerpts from the teaching: WHAT IS THE TITHE ABOUT?
1. The Tithe is one-tenth of a person’s income
2. The Tithe existed before the law of Moses (Gen. 14:18-20; 2Cor. 9:6-7)
The Tithe did not come with the law of Moses so it cannot go with the law Moses. It existed far before the law and will continue to exist far after the law.
3. The Tithe did not begin as a commandment, it began as a Kingdom principle delivered by revelation (Gen. 14:18-20)
Nobody told Abraham to tithe, it was revealed to him by God 4. Kingdom principles and revelations are universal in application (Mark 13:37)
Time does not change Divine principles and revelations (Gen. 17:1; Matt. 5:48; 2Cor. 13:11)
6. Tithing was confirmed and commended by the Master in the New Testament (Matt. 23:23; Luke 11:42; Lev. 27:30)
7. The Tithe was validated by Paul the Apostle in the New Testament [Heb. 7:1-8]
www.nairaland.com/4197688/paul-enenche-gospel-truth-tithe

It proves that tithing was in existence before the advent of Christ and made solely for the JEWS. Christians are the followers of Christ and not bound by the archaic Jewish law of tithing. Archaic? Yes. Because modern Jews do not tithe.
No where in the bible would you see gentiles bound by Jewish laws. The message of Christ spread across all continents but the greedy scammers/fraudsters/hustlers continue to attach the Jewish old doctrine of tithe because it is beneficial to them and them only.

The bible is self-explanatory but some feeble-minded fellows depend on the selfish interpretation of the bible by the likes of Adeboye and his ilks. God does not speak to these fellows. If in doubt, check out their annual vague predictions that vary from one pastor to the other. God cannot be that confused. They are purely religious criminals and should be treated as such.

/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by martineverest(m): 11:20am On Dec 01, 2017
Khaliyah:

Last night, God's servant, Dr Paul Enenche of Dunamis exposed the truth of tithing pointing out how Jesus endorsed in
Matt 23:23 says New Living Translation
"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but
you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things. King James Bible
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment,
mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. The passage shows that Jesus endorsed tithing but rebuked tithing in iniquity, so we should tithe!
*You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.* (NLT)
Excerpts from the teaching: WHAT IS THE TITHE ABOUT?
1. The Tithe is one-tenth of a person’s income
2. The Tithe existed before the law of Moses (Gen. 14:18-20; 2Cor. 9:6-7)
The Tithe did not come with the law of Moses so it cannot go with the law Moses. It existed far before the law and will continue to exist far after the law.
3. The Tithe did not begin as a commandment, it began as a Kingdom principle delivered by revelation (Gen. 14:18-20)
Nobody told Abraham to tithe, it was revealed to him by God 4. Kingdom principles and revelations are universal in application (Mark 13:37)
Time does not change Divine principles and revelations (Gen. 17:1; Matt. 5:48; 2Cor. 13:11)
6. Tithing was confirmed and commended by the Master in the New Testament (Matt. 23:23; Luke 11:42; Lev. 27:30)
7. The Tithe was validated by Paul the Apostle in the New Testament [Heb. 7:1-8]
www.nairaland.com/4197688/paul-enenche-gospel-truth-tithe
ur number 7 point just made all ur points useless....... Y stop at vs 8 when verse 12 of that chapter says tithing is "useless"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by sucess001(m): 11:23am On Dec 01, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Freeze is overdoing this thing

He should calm down

It's not by force to tithe...Everyone knows now

He wasn't the one who attacked o. Someone attacked him and he defended...shuuu

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by alt3r3g0: 11:23am On Dec 01, 2017
Odani:

Non can back up their claims but y

Matt 23:23

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone

So tithing is in the new testament and endorsed.

I personally will not tithe in a churh if i feel it will be used for Pastor's largese. I'd rather give to a charity and leave the Church to one that practices what it preaches.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by IamIBK: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2017
seguno2:

You should read Malachi 1 first to understand that your message was directed at thieving Levites , who were stealing their own share of tithes given by Jews in line with Deuteronomy 14.
Don’t perish for lack of knowledge.
the bible is a sacred word bro, and our understanding of it differs... I won't barter words with you bro, I'll just say do what you understand and stop condemning what other do Cos it ain't in line with what you believe... I hope God continue to show himself to us more and more as we engage in his words...
Amen
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by aspirebig: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2017
The matter don wear trouser....

Just two days back.....I went to meet my Pastor and told him that ....there is this boy I gave money to work but he did not finish the work and disappear ...and stopped picking my calls. ..in those olden days na to go put juju for their house one time...and leave the rest .. the money involve plenty .and I have fully paid the boy ... now we are Christians. ..so does it mean that we will allow people to just " chop our money and go Scot free always "...I said I should not revenge but leave it for God to judge. ...I said ok

The next thing the Pastor asked is " do you pay your tithe" .....I answered that " yes but not often" which I true anyway because I tend not really believe the tithe thing...since BIble said "God will bless who he will bless and curse who he will curse"

So I started asking the Pastor questions .about to the tithe and how biblical it is ....the man confused and rescheduled our meeting for the next day. ...that next day was even worst .....he was not able to answer my questions nor biblically convince me....this is a "senior Regional Pastor o"no be small pastor ....

I asked him that what about people that pay their tithe and still get robbed and duped...or lose their properties and other things and people that don't even go to church but prospers very well .. the man no fit answer me.
My pastor even said some pastors asked members to pay tithe but they don't pay tithe themselves...is that good?

Go to YouTube and watch different white Pastors videos against tithe...plenty of them ...this is the people that brought the gospel to black man.

He only said that it is not by force to pay the tithe when he saw that I don't believe him.I asked my Pastor that where is it to pay one tenth of my income monthly in the Bible...the man dey look like Locazade. ...

All na wash .....Pastors are not God ... there are mere humans like you ....stop being gullible....read your bible and understand it . .tithe is contrary to Jesus teachings and his death as a redemption of sins.

BIble said Jesus died that we may have life" in abundance" that is unconditionally. .....

Not this ponzi stuff like. ...
Gh tithe and Ph blessing # how naa...where e dey for bible like that?

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Danladi7: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2017
AishaBuhari:
In all of these every other religion power is always on Christianity because Christianity is a free religion!

What about the Islamic Scholars whom have successfully brainwashed her people in believing that terrorism is the way of life?

Mention that Islamic scholar ma!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:27am On Dec 01, 2017
alt3r3g0:

Matt 23:23

So tithing is in the new testament and endorsed.

I personally will not tithe in a churh if i feel it will be used for Pastor's largese. I'd rather give to a charity and leave the Church to one that practices what it preaches.

that passage refers to the levithical tithe which was still in force when that statement was made.That was before Jesus died on the cross of calvarly therebyabolishing the jewish law.

The early church never practised tithing.There is no record of Christian paying tithes anywhere in the bible.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Atk1nson(m): 11:28am On Dec 01, 2017
XTLikeNat777:
I won't comment until I see a man of God point gun to a member's head to pay tithe!

For now I'm seeing a grand design by a man to remain ever popular by berating the men of God!!

After all who appointed us a judge unto others

Who are you to judge a fraudster, MMM, a prostitute, gays? They don't put a gun to anyone's head

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:29am On Dec 01, 2017
Danladi7:

Mention that Islamic scholar ma!

imam wahhabi
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Danladi7: 11:33am On Dec 01, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

imam wahhabi
where and when?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Khaliyah(m): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2017
Teacher1776:

Here's the next question. What should the tithe money be used for? For buying flashing cars to religious leaders?
For buying private jets for them?
For building flashy edifices?

The bible book of James stated that the purest and undiluted form of worship is to take care of widows and orphans in their afflictions.
Since there is no visible levite among Christians today, (main reason for collecting tithes in the old testament)
What exactly should the tithe money be used for?
So are churches not helping widows and orphans? I know pastor Chris okotie used to give orphanages two hundred thousands every Sunday back then, don't know how he is doing it now. For the fact that media doesn't carry them doesn't mean churches don't give. I recall that pastor Matthew Ashimolowo gave 91 cars on a single day. So please be informed churches give.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by kinibigdeal(m): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I stand wholeheartedly with Freeze. Paying tithes doesn't guarantee success in life. It's just a way for the two but hustling pastors to scam people of their hard earned money.

Been a while...where the heck have you been?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by PETUK(m): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2017
Uyi168:
Why no need?
Sheeple is what they call them

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by FRESHG(m): 11:35am On Dec 01, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I stand wholeheartedly with Freeze. Paying tithes doesn't guarantee success in life. It's just a way for the two but hustling pastors to scam people of their hard earned money.
ALHAJI GAY LUCASBALO WHATS UP!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Khaliyah(m): 11:36am On Dec 01, 2017
InvertedHammer:

It proves that tithing was in existence before the advent of Christ and made solely for the JEWS. Christians are the followers of Christ and not bound by the archaic Jewish law of tithing. Archaic? Yes. Because modern Jews do not tithe.
No where in the bible would you see gentiles bound by Jewish laws. The message of Christ spread across all continents but the greedy scammers/fraudsters/hustlers continue to attach the Jewish old doctrine of tithe because it is beneficial to them and them only.

The bible is self-explanatory but some feeble-minded fellows depend on the selfish interpretation of the bible by the likes of Adeboye and his ilks. God does not speak to these fellows. If in doubt, check out their annual vague predictions that vary from one pastor to the other. God cannot be that confused. They are purely religious criminals and should be treated as such.

/
If you say so sir, no problem!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by PETUK(m): 11:37am On Dec 01, 2017
tiwiex:

For once. Someone is articulating the superior argument many of us have been shouting. The kingdom of heaven is not for sale. The reason we seem to pay tithes is to have a fruitful life on earth. More like scare tactics. It seems not a requirement for eternal life which should be our focus. So all dis preaching is for vain and temporary needs? Freeze is on point.
how about Malachi 3?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 01, 2017
Daeylar:
Lol, freeze keeps winning grin

Pastor wants to talk about tithe but already knows he has no argument so does the Nigerian method of attacking the character of freeze since he can't fight the message ;Dchamp
None at all grin grin.

Freeze is really tormenting these people. grin

you are entitled to ur opinion tho,, but the really truth out their is come this Sunday multitude of worshippers across d world Will still pay,,,1billion of daddy freeze + plus a million of you cannt stop what we believe in. He obviously reads d bible with is degree brain ... yu cannt use ur bsc brain to decipher God's word.
we all av choice who to listening to ,follow daddy freeze and if we others decide to follow ordained pastors what's the noise for.. how many pastor av call daeylar to beg 4 money,. he even said Jesus drank alcohol ,,alol ,, is Jesus now the son of man

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:38am On Dec 01, 2017
PETUK:
how about Malachi 3?

it has absolutely nothing to do with christians

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by NovusHomo(m): 11:38am On Dec 01, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Freeze giving these scammers sleeping nights

I stand with Daddy freeze

"SLEEPLESS NIGHTS"
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 01, 2017
I've kinda seen tithing as a way ignorant people show off in the church. If the Pastor asks you to sell all you have and give to the poor and become a pastor, would you consider?
Parable of the Rich man! He didn't say sell all you and give to me did he

Mark 10:17-31New Living Translation (NLT)

The Rich Man
17 As Jesus was starting out on his way to Jerusalem, a man came running up to him, knelt down, and asked, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good. 19 But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. You must not cheat anyone. Honor your father and mother.’[a]”

20 “Teacher,” the man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.”

21 Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. “There is still one thing you haven’t done,” he told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 At this the man’s face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God!” 24 This amazed them. But Jesus said again, “Dear children, it is very hard[b] to enter the Kingdom of God. 25 In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”

26 The disciples were astounded. “Then who in the world can be saved?” they asked.

27 Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God.”

28 Then Peter began to speak up. “We’ve given up everything to follow you,” he said.

29 “Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News, 30 will receive now in return a hundred times as many houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—along with persecution. And in the world to come that person will have eternal life. 31 But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.[c]”

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:38am On Dec 01, 2017
ericsmith:

you are entitled to ur opinion tho,, but the really truth out their is come this Sunday multitude of worshippers across d world Will still pay,,,1billion of daddy freeze + plus a million of you cannt stop what we believe in. He obviously reads d bible with is degree brain ... yu cannt use ur bsc brain to decipher God's word.
we all av choice who to listening to ,follow daddy freeze and if we others decide to follow ordained pastors what's the noise for.. how many pastor av call daeylar to beg 4 money,. he even said Jesus drank alcohol ,,alol ,, is Jesus now the son of man

whether 100million people pay it still dosent make it right.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by aigboeben(m): 11:40am On Dec 01, 2017
martineverest:
ur number 7 point just made all ur points useless....... Y stop at vs 8 when verse 12 of that chapter says tithing is "useless"
Why don't you check vs 11. According to the Priesthood of Melchisedec Abraham tithed. And Jesus is after that priesthood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by chukxie(m): 11:41am On Dec 01, 2017
enemyofprogress:
na force dem dey force people o some church even get cards for it

It's pathetic indeed!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:42am On Dec 01, 2017
aigboeben:

Why don't you check vs 11. According to the Priesthood of Melchisedec Abraham tithed. And Jesus is after that priesthood

where in the bible did the apostles practise this form of tithing?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Khaliyah(m): 11:42am On Dec 01, 2017
martineverest:
But tithing has Been in existence long before the Law, so it's not applicable to vex 12. Tithing and circumcision were before the law that's why they are still being practiced, or you think circumcision should stop too because of the Law?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ / Zainab Aliyu Released: Are Some Nigerians More Important Than Others? CAN Asks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.