Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing (43795 Views)

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Takes COVID-19 Vaccine (Pictures) / Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video / Matthew Ashimolowo Visits Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo’s COZA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by lexy2014: 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2017
ericsmith:

the only enlightment you or freeze nation needs is ,, you guys have the fundamental right to stay away from churches ... keep ur hard earn money but Don't tell me or other how to spend our.
there are times I go to church with dropping even offering ...guest what no one arrested me or pointed a gun to my head to drop money ....we all do waters we chose simply by choices. ..why the need for any debate or noise.
here we go again with emotional responses. I didn't tell u not 2 pay tithe or that tithing is wrong. I only said use d scriptures 2 confound freezes position. Just as Jesus said 2d devil at every turn, "it is written".d other point I made was that u can't say d Bible is d exclusive handbook of pastors just d way a doctor has his books. How does that relate 2 what u just posted? D issue of tithing is simple& when u look at Deuteronomy 14:22-29, its first place d practice of tithing was explicitly explained. But we focus on Malachi 3 alone. Both scriptures are simply about d purpose&practice of tithing & by extension, church giving which d early church gave an example in acts 4:32-35. D emphasis wasn't only on giving, but d purpose of d giving which was to end lack and want among d brethren
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by buragidi(m): 6:54pm On Dec 01, 2017
There is no logic in your story. It is just an assumption. You did not get the job because you paid tithe. If you had not paid the tithe, you would have still gotten the job. Many people who do not believe in God, got better jobs after youth service. God is not engaged in the business of receiving bribe in the name of tithe in exchange for blessing.
alt3r3g0:

Good point....To each as they are lead.

This is the story of how i started tithing. I just started serving then, allowee was roughly 10k. I was low on cash and pondering how i was going to get to the next pay day if i gave 1k out of the about 2k5 i had left. I had just gotten a job and so i had to pay transport to work, If not would have limited my movement. What i had would definitely not have been enough even if i did not pay the tithe.

And God said i should test Him. And so i did...saying if i get stranded, then i would have every justification never to do so again. Before that week ended, i was paid half month salary (because i had worked 2 weeks). This was a one man company and i was the only staff so its not like they had a structure on ground. Since then (over 10 years) my finances have never looked back.

About a year later when I wanted to leave the one man company, i told God that i wanted my current salary to be my tithe...and He did much more...My basic alone solved it minus other benefis.

In my case, it works for me. I dont believe anyone should be compelled to give or do it grudginly.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by buragidi(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
This is not about Freeze. It is about the truth. Please visit this thread to watch the videos of other Nigerian Pastors backing up Freeze
https://www.nairaland.com/4207246/still-tithe-matter-last-men
The Bible says "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free"
ericsmith:

wow !! paying offering and tithe is now wrong ...
by the way who is you or freeze wateva to tell us or sensitize us on what is right n wrong in the bible. ..
who are you?? ,,what do you know ? academically freeze no get some of these pastors resume.
can a mechanic read medical textbooks nd challenge a doctor to a practical test .. someone like yu Wil definitely stand with d mechanic .
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
emrain:

Read your previous comment and check the meaning of ponzi scheme. Or is God the real Baba ijebu?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by paxonel(m): 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
DADDY FREEZE!! DADDY FREEEZE!!!
YOU DON WIN
YOU DON WIN
YOU DON WIN

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by slegerman(m): 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
ericsmith:

when I said "academically" ... i was referring to we the elites,,who will always want to use educational knowledge to explain God ,, I meant what moral or academic grounds did freeze or evenyou,,have to think you can decipher God ways as against chosen men of God.. even if my the pastor is Yahoo,,leave is church,,find anoda church or stay in your house ,,who cares !! no be by force ..
judging men of God is like inviting God's wrath,,he warned against it .. he even emphasised judge no one ..so??

Honestly I don't understand what you have written, but good luck to you on anything you believe and hopefully, it work for you.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Lightening: 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
Khaliyah:

But tithing has Been in existence long before the Law, so it's not applicable to vex 12. Tithing and circumcision were before the law that's why they are still being practiced, or you think circumcision should stop too because of the Law?

There is no circumcision or uncircumcision in Christ.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Jelal0007(m): 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
AishaBuhari:
In all of these every other religion power is always on Christianity because Christianity is a free religion!

What about the Islamic Scholars whom have successfully brainwashed her people in believing that terrorism is the way of life?

BIG0t and A SHEEPLE spotted.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by OBAGADAFFI: 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
slegerman:

I don't want to get myself involve in this but I can't look pass this statement - "academically freeze no get some of these pastors resume."

You are wrong on this.

The early Christians never attended any school to learn how to preach or do God's work. They were directed by the holy spirit. So, a pastor who holds a PhD in theology is no different from a student who went to school to get MBA to better his chances of getting a good paid employment and making it in life. One can easily said that such pastors were not called by God.

I can't look past this comment.

Paul is highly Educated, same a Luke.

Everything Epistle in the New testament is always referenced to the old testament.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by slegerman(m): 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

I can't look past this comment.

Paul is highly Educated, same a Luke.

Everything Epistle in the New testament is always referenced to the old testament.

You are missing the point here. Education here means formal classroom teaching leading to PhD in Theology that most pastors have.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by OBAGADAFFI: 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2017
slegerman:

You are missing the point here. Education here means formal classroom teaching leading to PhD in Theology that most pastors have.

Yes, Paul got formal education in Jewish laws and practice( Religion).

Note : Paul (Saul) was chosen by the Priest to persecute Christians due to his knowledge.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by slegerman(m): 12:51am On Dec 02, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Yes, Paul got formal education in Jewish laws and practice( Religion).

Note : Paul (Saul) was chosen by the Priest to persecute Christians due to his knowledge.

You still don't get it. Did he get a PhD in Theology for him to be qualified to preach the gospel or do God's work?

Please refer to my initial post for you to understand my point very well.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by OBAGADAFFI: 7:55am On Dec 02, 2017
slegerman:

You still don't get it. Did he get a PhD in Theology for him to be qualified to preach the gospel or do God's work?

Please refer to my initial post for you to understand my point very well.

Thier is nothing like theology back then. What they study is Jewish laws.

That knowledge set Paul apart from other Apostles.

Acts 22:3 (NKJV) "I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, taught according to the strictness of our fathers' law, and was zealous toward God as you all are today.

Paul was a Pharisee.

Acts 23:6 (NKJV) But when Paul perceived that one part were Sadducees and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, "Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee; concerning the hope and resurrection of the dead I am being judged!"

Pharisee a member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:01am On Dec 02, 2017
P
OBAGADAFFI:

Thier is nothing like theology back then.
Theology has always existed.The scribes and Pharisees were the theologians of their age
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by OBAGADAFFI: 8:13am On Dec 02, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
P
Theology has always existed.The scribes and Pharisees were the theologians of their age

You just rushed to qoute without reading everything.

Scribes and Pharisees are not Christian theologians.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by drunkpunk(m): 8:30am On Dec 02, 2017
Ejanla07:

migrate to skunk. weed no good for u

Yes daddy
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by jerryclinton: 9:55am On Dec 02, 2017
Khaliyah:

The simple truth even if u see biblical backing, you wouldn't believe cus u have made up ur mind not to.
Go read what he said snout tithe www.nairaland.com/4197688/paul-enenche-gospel-truth-tithe/6#62756727
. Forget this Enenche midirected quotations...the question is; was tithe money as collected today by pastors? And did Abraham keep going back to pay tithe to melchizedek week in week out, wasn't it once? Did Jesus, the highest priest or his disciples collect tithe??
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by baresy007(m): 11:31am On Dec 02, 2017
[I support you Freeze
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by SageTravels: 11:28pm On Dec 02, 2017
Lucasbalo:
And those two bit hustling pastors will save you on the last day for being a sheep that follows them blindly. How come majority of the thithe payers in Nigeria are still struggling while their lords are flying all over the globe in private jets ?. Imagine a guy making N50.000 that can barely sustain him doling out N5.000 out monthly because some sweet talking con artist is telling him that Manna and Pies will fall from heaven. Gullible lots. The most prosperous people on Earth got where they are not by paying tithes but by hard work and good investments. No wonder the Whites easily enslaved blacks Hundreds of years ago.

Did I said pastors will save you. I said don't put your trust in Man. look up to God. between there is no true born again that is complaining about tithe and offering.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Lucasbalo(m): 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2017
SageTravels:

Did I said pastors will save you. I said don't put your trust in Man. look up to God. between there is no true born again that is complaining about tithe and offering.
You don't have to tell me to look up to God. I do and I sure don't need any two bit hustling snake oil salesman to pray for me. My God is a wonderful God and I have seen his marvelous blessings in my life.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by SageTravels: 12:11am On Dec 03, 2017
Lucasbalo:
You don't have to tell me to look up to God. I do and I sure don't need any two bit hustling snake oil salesman to pray for me. My God is a wonderful God and I have seen his marvelous blessings in my life.

Story. So what did your God tell you about pastors
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 03, 2017
wow this conman was really pissed , welldone daddy freeze. cheesy
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Sheddywiz(m): 9:03am On Dec 13, 2017
To know the whole truth about tithe click on the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4226027/truth-tithing-pastor-murphy-akpovi
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by Sheddywiz(m): 10:00am On Dec 13, 2017
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE

In view of the recent confusion about the Christian tradition of tithing and the seemingly inability of leaders of the of church to address the church properly, there has been a drastic reduction in the amount of active tithe believers in Nigeria Christendom today. I find it necessary therefore for this enlightenment not just for Christian brothers alone, but for critics like daddy freeze and all those who have little understanding of this subject matter.

WHAT IS TITHE?
it is necessary to understand that tithing as a word has no spiritual history. In fact it is the same word as the English word TEN and the Greek word DÉKA. In Hebraic terms tithe simply means One tenth of a whole.
In tracing the history of tithing as a tradition we have to classify it into three eras to get a clearer picture.

• The Blessing And The Designated Portion
• The Law And Tithing
• Modern Christianity And Tithing

THE BLESSING AND THE DESIGNATED PORTION.
When God created man (Adam) he blessed him and gave him absolute dominion over every other thing created by HIM.
GEN 1: 27 - 30 (KJV) "...And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth..."
When God gives a man blessings he requires that the man show him reverence by keeping for HIM his designated portion. See GEN 2:16&17
Adam through the urging of his wife Eve, ate from God's designated portion and the after effect was his eviction from the garden of Eden. Simply put he lost a forest of trees because he failed to give God back a tree.
In Cain and Abel, the trend of a designated portion continues howbeit this time what was required of them Was The firstlings of all their produce. (Gen 4:3-5) and we see that because Cain disrespected God by not offering his firstlings, God acknowledged not his sacrifice.
Noah Was The third occasion God instructed that a designated portion be kept for him. Gen 7:2 ; 8:20.
God asked Noah to keep nine each of every creature, seven clean and two unclean. The latter seven he sacrificed to God after the flood. And from the other two began a new race.
It must be understood that when God gave man THE BLESSING, it was infinite. But there was a clause. You MUST set aside his portion and when you fail to do so you lose your portion of that infinite blessing - your birthright.
Going further we find Abraham and the first mention of a one tenth (tithe). Gen 14 : 17 - 20. Melchizedek here became the first high priest to receive tithe.
When you receive wealth, two kings would come to you just like the two Abraham met. The king of Sodom which represents flesh and earthly cravings and the king of Salem the high priest of God.
In paying your tithe not necessarily do you get wealth but rather you get wisdom to control finances. You get idea to achieve great things. You activate your natural birthright and inheritance which is THE BLESSING.

THE LAW AND TITHING
After the journey of the Israelites from Egypt, God through Moses made a covenant with the people of Israel after blessing them with Canaan Land. Part of that covenant was a duty to give God his due and designated portion. (Deut. 12 : 6; 14 : 22)
Because he was the king and author of holiness, Just as he instructed Noah to set aside seven clean creatures for himself, he required the Israelites gave him in tithing only the things that were holy. (Deut 12 : 26)
As you well know, Aaron was appointed by Moses as the high priest and the children of Levi as priests over Israel. So it became a tradition that tithe was given to God through the levites.

MODERN CHRISTIANITY AND TITHING
By the advent of Christ, after the long sojourn of the Israelites in foreign lands and their mix up with other races for a long time, the Jewish religion lost it's purity and what remained Was the people worshiping nonchalantly in the hope of a better future in that they anticipated the coming of a saviour.
It was at this juncture Christ cautioned the Pharisees and the scribes that despite the fact that they do pay tithes yet they ignored other aspects of the law. Read Matt 23 : 23.
Now critics argue that the law has been abolished hence, tithing no longer holds sway in our religion today. Hebrew 8:13 ; 10: 9.
What many fail to understand today including those that have taken it upon themselves to lead the church astray is that despite the priesthood order of Aaron being changed, tithing stood. As you would have understood by now, the designated portion started long before the priesthood of Aaron and the children of Levi. (Heb 7: 9 - 10)
Christ coming as a new breed of man not after the race of Adam but as a new Adam (a perfect man) was made high priest not according to the order of Aaron but the order of Melchizedek. (Heb 6:20 ; 7:17)
Melchizedek had no beginning neither an end for he was only recorded once in the Bible ( Heb 7:1-3) and the only thing mentioned about him in the Bible was of him receiving TITHE from Abraham.
If Christ was made then a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek what would he be doing for eternity than performing the same duty Melchizedek performed and was known for? See Heb 7 : 8
For a better understanding of the change of priesthood and the law, Christ's ordination as high priest, read the whole of Hebrews chapter 7&8 meticulously. Also read psalms 110:4, Heb 5:9-10, Heb 6: 20, Heb, 9: 11. All these scriptures above clearly defined Christ's stand as a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

WHY IS IT WRONG TO GIVE YOUR TITHES TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED? Hebrews 7:6 "But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. 7:7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better."
Clearly the scripture above states that the receiver is of a higher standing than the giver of tithe. Hence it is only a man spiritually higher than you that is in a position to receive your tithes.

TO WHOM SHOULD TITHE BE PAID NOW?
Hebrews 7:8 "And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth."
When you bring your tithe to the man of God, he stands to receive it on behalf of the high priest Christ. He releases and activates your natural inheritance which is THE BLESSING by the virtue of his spiritual standing.

WHY DID JESUS HIS APOSTLES NOT PAY TITHE
Christ being the high priest forever, could not pay tithe to another priest after the priesthood order had been changed. Being with the high priest himself they had all ready given all that they had leaving their profession and worldly possessions for the advancement of the gospel. As recorded in the Bible, tithes are only paid from finances earned. Since the apostles were not earners they relied on the populace for upkeep.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing by soulfood(m): 2:09pm On Dec 13, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ / Zainab Aliyu Released: Are Some Nigerians More Important Than Others? CAN Asks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.