Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership (10577 Views)

Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? / Lightning Strikes Rwandan Church And Kills 16 Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by streamsofjoy(f): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
Boss13:

I refuse to agree with you on this. It is public information that Synagogue is assisting Nigeria migrants in Libya. I think they even started before the slave issue received international attention. The Church was not doing it for public show, but a lot of people got wind of it and even their prophet TB Joshua visited Libya to meet with the migrants.

Please let’s be honest, we all witnessed what happened in the last election and how these GOs where lopsided with politicians inflicting pains in the society and how they were enjoying the relationship.

Owkay, but u knw its not only this Libya issue u should use as a yard stick
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by BluntBoy(m): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
streamsofjoy:

I think u just corroborated my point to the extent of " the body of christ"

No, I didn't. Read up history and you would see what happened to the Early Church.

The churches of today are not the body of Christ but the Synagogue of Satan.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by donnie(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
BluntBoy:

There is only one church. The one that Christ built. All these churches with fancy names and founders are nothing but counterfeits. They are man-made businesses governed by mere men who are competing with the "people of the world" for the destructible wealth of this world.

Blind religious Roman Catholic.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by BluntBoy(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
donnie:

Blind religious Roman Catholic.

The Roman Catholic Church is the largest cult in the world. The worthless Christianity we have today was instituted by that evil called the Roman Catholic Church.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by donnie(m): 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
eph12:

How do you know TB did something to help those at IDP camp? Because he said it? What if it wasn't reported or he didn't talk about it how will you know?

Because others don't go to tv to advertise they're vilified?

When we say keep quiet, they refuse to hear. See how they attract judgement to themselves. Many of them assume they will go scot-free after persecuting the church... They lie!

http://www.lw-news.com/posts/1000-children-displaced-by-boko-haram-insurgency-receive-back2school-kits?page=2

http://theinnercitymission.org/what_about_the_children/ce-yola-powers-relief-mission-to-boko-haram-victims/

https://loveworldnews.com/posts/innercity-mission-extends-hope-and-succor-to-flood-victims-in-makurdi-nigeria
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Johnrake69: 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
the book of acts is a letter of luke to theophilus, how can u read d beginning of a letter and not read the other parts? Read chapter 6 and see how the loss of focus caused division in the church and d apostles decided that they would no more leave their main purpose and be distracted by welfarism

The earlier apostles implemented welfarism agreed buh the current clergymen have implemented cut throat capitalist system. Every branch sends all the money it receives to the head quarters to fund the luxurious lifestyle of the GOs. No wonder pastors sent on mission end up converting the church to theirs.

Let's look at what's important to God as Christians according to the scriptures.
◄ James 1:27 ►
New International Version
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Christ emphasised inner temple (your inward being) as a place we should prepare to receive God. The clergyman you're defending are emphasising building synagogues and high temples to receive God so they can launder money. That is why Adeboye will dedicate a service to ask for money to build auditorium.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by streamsofjoy(f): 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
BluntBoy:

No, I didn't. Read up history and you would see what happened to the Early Church.

The churches of today are not the body of Christ but the Synagogue of Satan.

shocked I thought u were a christian. Cos if u are u will be careful the way u attack anybody who even though u dnt believe, is called by God. Talking against the fellowship of brethren Becos u dnt believe it's a church is not what a true christian will do. It behooves on you who "knows" what the real church looks like to pray it into existence or wateva u think should be done.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Lumig: 12:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
streamsofjoy:

Thank u dear for pointing this out. But will running the church down and ridiculing it save the situation? The point here is when u as a christian whom understands the real essence of Christianity join the unbelievers to talk against the church. How will it look when u go to outsiders to badmouth ur immediate family to outsiders who dnt like ur family even when u knw ur family has faults.
Ma'am you have a wonderful point but me personally I don't care how the church feels or someone like you feels for exposing the ills and irregularities going on in the Church. What matters to me is for the Church to get revived[Rev. 3:1&2] and for soul winning to be the core of the messages we hear in our message not monetizing salvation and the church activities. Let's shout them out if that is what will be bring Holiness, Righteousness and the True Religion back to our society. The church is not supposed to be a cult. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by OBAGADAFFI: 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
111jideofor:
Finland has the most stable economy in world today. There are less than 20 churches in Finland.
Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the world. Switzerland has less than 30 churches.
Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world. Denmark has about 23 churches in it.
These are countries considered largely atheist in nature, yet so blessed.
Come to Owerri town, SE Nigeria, from MCC junction to Toronto junction, there are 36 churches. That stretch of about 5 km harbours 36 churches, more churches than the entire Switzerland.
Between Owerri and Mgbidi l counted 97 churches and gave up. According to CAC, Nigeria has over 23,000 registered churches.
We have more churches than schools and hospitals combined. More pastors than doctors and teachers combined. Everyone is born again. All are covered in the blood of Jesus. All are filled with the Holy Spirit.
Yet none of those claims reflects in the expected moral elevation of the society. We are still one of the greediest, laziest, corrupt, deceitful, hypocritical and hateful set of beings on the planet today, with all our Christ and Holy spirit.

Christianity in Finland- 72%
Christianity in Denmark-76%
Christianity in Switzerland-52%
Christianity in Nigeria- 40%

The major factors in growth of Religion in Population and standards of living.

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by BluntBoy(m): 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
streamsofjoy:

shocked I thought u were a christian. Cos if u are u will be careful the way u attack anybody who even though u dnt believe, is called by God. Talking against the fellowship of brethren Becos u dnt believe it's a church is not what a true christian will do. It behooves on you who "knows" what the real church looks like to pray it into existence or wateva u think should be done.

We are to call out false teachers, not pamper them.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by omoelerin1: 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
The church of God and its leadership has been under attack recently by the enemies of the Gospel and light but my great concern is how fellow Christians who are supposed to be defenders of the faith are now taking sides with the enemies of the gospel and throwing tantrums at men of God.

Deliberate Attempt by freeze (can't call him daddy) to tarnish Pastor Adeboye's image by digging back to an event that happened in 2013 (https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/142649-pastor-adeboye-under-fire-over-multi-billion-naira-3km-auditorium.html), cropping and editing a video to give it another meaning.. I have observed freeze methods, its to take an event, pick one scripture out of context in d bible and quote it in different versions in an attempt to make it seem he did his due diligence in searching the scriptures and use it to rubbish wat a man of God is doing. Wat actually happened in that video(and u can verify tru the original link to the story as published in 2013 by premium times) Pastor Adeboye proposed the expansion of the auditorium inside redeemed camp, the project would cost billions to complete so he asked for ppl in the congregation to give to the project, he started from 1 billion down till 100naira u will see it there in the link but freeze obviously left that out because it wouldn't portray the message he was trying to pass. Now come to think of it.
Now come to think of it, what is wrong in a billionaire giving a billion to the work of God? Infact Jesus recognized the widows mite to be a greater offering because that was all she had but the rich man who gave more than her gave little from the abundance of what he had.. Ppl where not left out, there was room for other to give as much as they could afford to the project so why the fuss..
For those who know Pastor Adeboye's story, he is a giver. Infact when he was still a new convert in the church, the original founder of redeemed Church Pa Akindayomi asked everyone who was in church to go empty their bank accounts and bring it for the work of God and it was only Adeboye that responded even as a new convert when pastors under Pa Akindayomi refused. The test of true Christianity is absolute surrender. If u surrender ur life, den u wont withhold ur resources wen need comes for giving for the Advancement of the kingdom
It seems this tithe issue hit Redeemed Church more than any other church.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Johnrake69: 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
wen u think you are smarter than God you will still end up complaining.. The word is enough to change anyone's life if you follow it. Just obey. There are living examples, i am one...

You're really a religious fanatic sorry to say. Nigeria is one of the poorest nations in the world in terms of per capital income and yet, we are the most religious. The issue at hand have nothing to do with me. When the word came to Pharaoh of Egypt about the impending economic crisis. He brought in Joseph to build storage and manage supplies throughout the draught period.

No wonder Adeboye will have the audacity to say he collects offering to remove poverty from people. And nobody from the congregation could ask if that is the way China moved millions out of the poverty line. Blind Christians.

It's not enough to be in Church shouting Hallelujah. We have to understand how things work and make a sound policy that will impact humanity positively.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
BluntBoy:

The Bible was explicit about the foundation of the church being the apostles and prophets. We know who these apostles and prophets were, handpicked by Christ Himself.

Pastors are not among the original apostles, and they don't have the calling of Paul either. If they claim to be church leaders, then, they must understand that the Church leadership was a plural eldership and not a one-man business or establishment.

All the Churches were distinguished by names of cities and not by dogmas or daddy G.Os. They were one church, with apostles and prophets as the foundation and Christ as the cornerstone.
Paul was the first apostle Jesus called in an encounter , The Bible is clear that in the Church there are 5 offices wch Jesus ordained. The office of the apostle is just one of the 5 and till date Jesus still calls apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists and teachers
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
Johnrake69:

You're really a religious fanatic sorry to say. Nigeria is one of the poorest nations in the world in terms of per capital income and yet, we are the most religious. The issue at hand have nothing to do with me. When the word came to Pharaoh of Egypt about the impending economic crisis. He brought in Joseph to build storage and manage supplies throughout the draught period.

No wonder Adeboye will have the audacity to say he collects offering to remove poverty from people. And nobody from the congregation could ask if that is the way China moved millions out of the poverty line. Blind Christians.

It's not enough to be in Church shouting Hallelujah. We have to understand how things work and make a sound policy that will impact humanity positively.
i consider it a compliment that my passion for Christ and His church is seen as fanatism. If u don't believe in Christianity or religion as u call it, then y are u wasting ur time on this thread? U r entitled to ur worldview
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by BluntBoy(m): 1:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
Paul was the first apostle Jesus called in an encounter , The Bible is clear that in the Church there are 5 offices wch Jesus ordained. The office of the apostle is just one of the 5 and till date Jesus still calls apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists and teachers

Tell me one church in Nigeria where the Five Fold ministry exists?
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by senrique: 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
If you can build your house to taste so you can habit, why cant you build an edifice for people to gather to worship God. Solomon built a temple with impeccable finishing using materials ranging from gold, silver and the rest (1kings 6, 2Chron 3 or visit http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-first-temple-solomon-s-temple for better description of the temple he built. Now I ask, is there any church building in Africa, let alone the world that is close in comparison to this? the answer is NO. If he wasn't questioned in the past but praise for building such for God, why are we then questioning the pastors of present age. Dont get me wrong, am not saying going about building edifice in detriment of the work of God (soul winning, giving alms to the poor, evangelism). There is no pastor that forces anyone to give, in giving you are not doing them good but yourself. so if you dont give, be quiet and let others give. dont go about lashing out......

Nnemuka:
I wonder why African's think building expensive auditoriums and stadiums instead of focusing on the SOUL winning is the best thing to do for God...
Vanity upon vanity...
Stop asking for money in billions, focus on winning souls for christ even from a tent house.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
BluntBoy:

Tell me one church in Nigeria where the Five Fold ministry exists?

it exists in any Church where the Holy Spirit is present.

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by BluntBoy(m): 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
it exists in any Church where the Holy Spirit is present.

Give me one church.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
BluntBoy:

Give me one church.
The Church of Jesus Christ is one church.. One Lord, one Faith, one birth
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by BluntBoy(m): 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
The Church of Jesus Christ is one church.. One Lord, one Faith, one birth

You are wrong, my sister. The Occidental Church exists as a small flock, still fixed on the message of the apostles as directly handed to them by Christ, practising true fellowship.

The modern church is all about power and wealth.

A Five Fold Ministry cannot exist in a one-man church. A True Church is managed by elders, and not one of those elders brands himself with titles like "Senior Pastor" or "General Overseer" e.t.c.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
BluntBoy:

You are wrong, my sister. The Occidental Church exists as a small flock, still fixed on the message of the apostles as directly handed to them by Christ, practising true fellowship.

The modern church is all about power and wealth.

A Five Fold Ministry cannot exist in a one-man church. A True Church is managed by elders, and not one of those elders brands himself with titles like "Senior Pastor" or "General Overseer" e.t.c.
lol. Its ok to say wat u feel. But wat u call a one man church has 10s of thousand of workers actively serving in ministerial work. Anyway dats is a topic for another thread..
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by nairanaira12: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
and that is the reason why freeze would crop out a video and edit it to give it a different meaning to tarnish the image of a pastor where we have the full report of the story as reported by premium times in 2013?

Tarnishing the image of a pastor is a personal thing. It is not the same as attacking the Church of Christ.

This is exactly the problem with you Pentecostals. You have mixed allegiance to pastors with allegiance to God. You can't even create a dividing line between the two anymore.

For your information, Anty. Allegiance to or defence of a pastor doesn't win you a place in heaven. If your pastor gets accused, let him come out and defend himself.

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Every man's work will be tested with fire individually, be it a pastor or church member, and each person will bear his or her own load and face his or her own judgement is heaven.

2 Likes

Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by BluntBoy(m): 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
lol. Its ok to say wat u feel. But wat u call a one man church has 10s of thousand of workers actively serving in ministerial work. Anyway dats is a topic for another thread..

It cannot work. Something like that happened in one of the local churches and the apostles were never comfortable with it.

I wrote to the church about this, but Diotrephes, who loves to be the leader, refuses to have anything to do with us. (3 John 1:9)

These pastors are following the example of Diotrephes who liked to be a leader.

The local churches were managed by at least two elders. And you don't need to be "called" to be an elder. Neither do you have to receive "special calling" to be an overseer (pastor or shepherd and bishops).

The General Overseer is Christ, not a man.

One man cannot possess all the five ministries but your pastors make you believe otherwise. Even some of them who obviously do not have the gift of prophesy force themselves to prophesy every January 1st and end up giving vague prophesies.

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by nairanaira12: 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2017
streamsofjoy:

My dear I think u are the one mixing up things, u think a new convert or a semi believer will see all these criticisms and still believe in the gospel of Jesus? Some of them will begin to think being a child of the bond woman is the best since they dnt have pastors and they give alms a lot. And others will just be lost.

The solution is simple, dear sister. Let the pastors stop propagating earthly riches above heavenly inheritance. Let them stop propagating tithe payment. Only a levite is qualified to collect tithe, and pastors are not levite.

Let me shock you.....

Do you know that tithe is not been collected in Jerusalem any more? And do you know their reason? The temple has been destroyed, and the idea of tithe can only come up after the temple has been rebuilt.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
BluntBoy:

It cannot work. Something like that happened in one of the local churches and the apostles were never comfortable with it.

I wrote to the church about this, but Diotrephes, who loves to be the leader, refuses to have anything to do with us. (3 John 1:9)

These pastors are following the example of Diotrephes who liked to be a leader.

The local churches were managed by at least two elders. And you don't need to be "called" to be an elder. Neither do you have to receive "special calling" to be an overseer (pastor or shepherd and bishops).

The General Overseer is Christ, not a man.

One man cannot possess all the five ministries but your pastors make you believe otherwise. Even some of them who obviously do not have the gift of prophesy force themselves to prophesy every January 1st and end up giving vague prophesies.

picking a phrase or verse of the scripture and making a doctrine out of it is the foundation of all heretic teachings.. Jesus is the head of the Church quite alright but he made men apostles.. Jesus sent letters to seven churches tru John to d angels of each of those 7 churches.. Who were the angels, (spirits or men) if ur answer is spirits den i don't know wat u r saying. Jesus sent 7 letters to the 7 leaders of the seven churches in Asian minor. Jesus recognizes the position of an overall leader in n every particular church. If Jesus Christ does den why do u think ur opinion would count for anything?
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by donnie(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Christianity in Finland- 72%
Christianity in Denmark-76%
Christianity in Switzerland-52%
Christianity in Nigeria- 40%

The major factors in growth of Religion in Population and standards of living.

40% indeed.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Godskidmidas(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
I came back from church to meet this and all I can say is God bless and keep you. In Matthew 9:24 when Jesus saw the dead girl, He said, "Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep." But they laughed at him. As Christians, it is very OK for the world to mock us. It is OK for the world to call what we believe foolish. How do you explain to a common man that a virgin conceived. This is highly unrealistic says the wise man. But God says I will do this, I will use the foolish things of this world to confound you. For by your wisdom, you cannot know me. We are Christians, we walk by faith and not by sight. For the just shall live by faith.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Godskidmidas(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
There is nothing wrong in unbelievers throwing stones at the church and its leadership but where there is a problem is wen fellow believers are caught up in the web of deceptions from the enemies of the gospel and end up being led astray nd blaspheme..
Jesus told peter, "upon this rock i will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it".. He didn't say the gates of hell shall not try but that they shall not prevail. They will keep trying but the church would move forward still.. My sincere concern and advise to ppl of God is that they shouldn't join forces with the gates of hell. Don't be deceived, Muslims, atheists and pagans now open new threads every other day and the motive is to weaken or question your faith. The Bible ought to be ur own authority and not suggestions and opinions of carnal men

God bless you ma for this great sermon. The gate of hell shall never prevail
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by ttmax09(m): 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
No matter what, the Church will stand.
Talk is cheap. The same freeze guy that is always on social media advising pastors on what to do with church money was posted his pics with hushpuppi in dubai nd dey were flaunting their rolex wristwatches.. Wat happened to all his sermons? Why not sell d watch or use the money h spent to travel on the poor people around him? Now isn't it obvious dat this ppl are simply out to tarnish the image of these men of God? The gates of hell are fighting, Christians be wise so u don't end up joining the devil to fight the Church of God
God bless u 4 diz i thought i was the only one that saw that. someone claiming right and advising men of God yet was pictured with people with questionable character. Can't still find the english word to describe that guy.
Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Johnrake69: 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
salvation101:
i consider it a compliment that my passion for Christ and His church is seen as fanatism. If u don't believe in Christianity or religion as u call it, then y are u wasting ur time on this thread? U r entitled to ur worldview

Lolzzz... Wake up and smell the coffee. Who is the church? Humanity or the synagogue your GOs are building? For your information Christ has been replaced by your GOs. That's why they are worshiping their seats. If you find nothing wrong with the way Christianity is practised in the present day then, I guess you're part of the problem.

Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
Johnrake69:

Lolzzz... Wake up and smell the coffee. Who is the church? Humanity or the synagogue your GOs are building? For your information Christ has been replaced by your GOs. That's why they are worshiping their seats. If you find nothing wrong with the way Christianity is practised in the present day then, I guess you're part of the problem.
lol. Wolves in sheeps clothing. In one breath u were totally against anything religion nd in another u r giving advice on how Christianity ought to be.. Sir wit all due respect, we know ur type nd dis thread was specifically created to warn Believers of ppl like u

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership by ichuka(m): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
Whatsoever that's not rooted in Christ
Has no tap root and will fall with time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

There Is Energy Creator Outside The Hologram - Allah And Jehovah Not Same Entity / Who Told You God Almighty Doesn't Discipline You When You Sin? / Pastor Anita Oyakhilome: Life Before And After Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.