Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations (4241 Views)

DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos As Petrol Stations Shut Down / Queues Noticed At Petrol Stations In Kano State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by knotty(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2010
Robbery: Deposit your money with us, police advise petrol stations
National News Mar 29, 2010

By Kingsley Omonob

ABUJA—Following alleged robbery attacks on two petrol stations along Airport road, in the FCT, authorities of the Lugbe Police division, have sent instructions to the owners of petrol stations in the area to carry their money to police stations for safe-keeping any time they are incapacitated from going to the banks to keep such monies.

The advice came just as authorities of the FCT police command said they took exception to insinuations that policemen posted to provide security for filling stations, are conniving with unknown persons to perpetrate acts of robbery on such stations and cart away sales of such filling stations.

Speaking against the backdrop of alleged robbery attack on a petrol station where the sum of N3. 5million was allegedly carted away, the DPO in charge of Lugbe, CSP Olufemi Abaniwonda disclosed that he had during several meetings with the proprietors of the petrol stations, informed them that if any occasion should arise making it impossible for them to deposit their sales in the bank, they should bring it to the Police station for safe-keeping.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/03/29/i-robbery-deposit-your-money-with-us-police-advise-petrol-stations/

Given the Police we know, methinks it will be foolhardy to take your money to them for safekeeping. when police have been known to attack and dispossess stranded travelers of their money. will it make any sense to take your money to them for safekeeping?
even if you do and report the next day to claim your money, the money can never be complete.
what faith do we as Nigerians have in our policemen and women?
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by radiovibe: 7:49am On Mar 29, 2010
I taught this kind of stealing does not happen in Abuja. Abuja, I thought it was safe place
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by Jakumo(m): 8:20am On Mar 29, 2010
"Sargeant, how much AP petrol station dem bring come keep here today ?"

"500 thousand naira, Oga."

"What of that big station. Weytin' dem dey call am ooo ?   Ahen, na  Mobil.   How much dem bring ?

"Oga just now-now with koro-koro eye I see Mobil dem manager for inside taxi, dey take style dey hide him face.  I suspect that man o."

"Whattt ?   Wusai dat taxi pass, wey dat hopeless copul no fiti capture dem for checking when we put am near junction  ? I sure say I go slap somebody here this evening." 

"Ok, Sargeant, give me ya handest, make I send message to Operation Stop and Search, say make dem do quick pursue that taxi, catch am before dem fiti go far."

"Oga I no get credit today o.  Abi unu go fit helep me put am credit small before you use am ? "

"Useless man.  Look him head like no credit.  GIVE me that handset, my friend, and go bring that money bag when Texaco deposit for my drawer this afternoon, make I use small inside buy credit to take coordinate this anti-crime operation."

"SHUN SIR !  We dey follow you for back, Oga, and I wan take this opportunity remember unu say my house rent dey due today, and that my wife just born man this morning, we thank God sir.  Na ya eye we dey look, sir "

" SHUT UP , and do ya work, Sargeant, if you no want make I show you red card just now." 
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by dustydee: 8:26am On Mar 29, 2010
will it not be like giving a cat fish to keep?
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by presido1: 8:34am On Mar 29, 2010
dustydee:

will it not be like giving a cat fish to keep?
cat d eat fish?
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by Carlosein(m): 9:57am On Mar 29, 2010
Is this a different police from the ones who when they settle monetary disputes between persons, collect the money and divide it in two before handing over?
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by dustydee: 10:25am On Mar 29, 2010
presido1:

cat d eat fish?
which village are you from?
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 29, 2010
Anyone who gives his cash to police for safekeeping should be ready to part with a sizeable chunk of it in exchange for such services. The police might even get greedy and take it all, if they think they can get away with it.
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 29, 2010
ziddy:

Anyone who gives his cash to police for safekeeping should be ready to part with a sizeable chunk of it in exchange for such services. The police might even get greedy and take it all, if they think they can get away with it.

God forbid, Nigerian police ?

I will not trust them with a penny talk less of thousands of Naira.
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by presido1: 9:32am On Mar 30, 2010
dustydee:

which village are you from?
From my village, Any prob with that?

Just a simple question i asked and you replied with a question.
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by yemmight(m): 9:50am On Mar 30, 2010
God forbid. Infact the fuel station is safer than the police station.
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by hardywaltz(m): 9:57am On Mar 30, 2010
knotty:

Robbery: Deposit your money with us, police advise petrol stations
National News Mar 29, 2010

By Kingsley Omonob

ABUJA—Following alleged robbery attacks on two petrol stations along Airport road, in the FCT, authorities of the Lugbe Police division, have sent instructions to the owners of petrol stations in the area to carry their money to police stations for safe-keeping any time they are incapacitated from going to the banks to keep such monies.

The advice came just as authorities of the FCT police command said they took exception to insinuations that policemen posted to provide security for filling stations, are conniving with unknown persons to perpetrate acts of robbery on such stations and cart away sales of such filling stations.

Speaking against the backdrop of alleged robbery attack on a petrol station where the sum of N3. 5million was allegedly carted away, the DPO in charge of Lugbe, CSP Olufemi Abaniwonda disclosed that he had during several meetings with the proprietors of the petrol stations, informed them that if any occasion should arise making it impossible for them to deposit their sales in the bank, they should bring it to the Police station for safe-keeping.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/03/29/i-robbery-deposit-your-money-with-us-police-advise-petrol-stations/

Given the Police we know, methinks it will be foolhardy to take your money to them for safekeeping. when police have been known to attack and dispossess stranded travelers of their money. will it make any sense to take your money to them for safekeeping?
even if you do and report the next day to claim your money, the money can never be complete.
what faith do we as Nigerians have in our policemen and women?
I would rather dig a hole and bury my money than hand it over to the P(ole)ice for safe keeping.
The owner of the filling stations should hire thugs instead, there are far more trust worthy than the police.
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by agathamari(f): 10:58am On Mar 30, 2010
the police will skim off thier 10% fee and then "lose" the rest
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by Ghredon(f): 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2010
police na thief them be
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by desgiezd(m): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2010
Deposit your money with the police at your own peril. It will be a lot saver to keep such money with the armed robbers rather than with the police.
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by violent(m): 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2010
Never knew Police stations now accept deposits!. . . do they give out ATM cards as well?
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by MsTom(f): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2010
Who is the thief here? Have the police now turned to bank tellers and the police stations to banks?
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by dempeople(m): 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
since when has a Police station turned into a Bank? Even our police are confused about their own job descriptions. Symtoms of a colossal failed state called Nigeria.  grin
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by Ghredon(f): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2010
mstom is obvious that you are not born and bread and buttered in nigeria other wise you will have known that all the police is just a thief
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by sirp2007: 12:37pm On Mar 30, 2010
FELA PROHECY IS NOW MANIFESTING DIRECTLY.police station don turn to bank D P O ,NA BANK MANAGER SOJA GO SOJA COME grin

I WUD RATHER THOSE FUEL STATION CLOSE DOWN OR ALLOW THE "ROBBERS"STEAL THE MONEY THAN GIVE POLICE DAILY SALES TO KEEP.THE STORI WEN GO COME OUT FIT MAKE LATE SANI ABACHI SAINT.
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by D1KeleVra(m): 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2010
LOL @ Topic
For real? This isn't N20 o! It wouldn't be accidental discharge no more. . . accidental detonation mhen!!! u go fear explosion
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by newmaster(m): 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
is police stations becoming bank? no nigeria can trust nigeria police to this level, police themselves re armed robbers, it will be foolish if anyone deposit or keep his cash with nigeria police, they are also armed robbers
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by axeman85(m): 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2010
lol, very serious jokes, bunch of jokers. safe keeping indeed. the ones wey dem dey collect from tief kep under counter never safe not to talk of big ones for inside GMGS
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by Johnnny(m): 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2010
Jakumo:

"What of that big station. Weytin' dem dey call am ooo ? Ahen, na Mobil. How much dem bring ?

"Oga just now-now with koro-koro eye I see Mobil dem manager for inside taxi, dey take style dey hide him face. I suspect that man o."

"Whattt ? Wusai dat taxi pass, wey dat hopeless copul no fiti capture dem for checking when we put am near junction ? I sure say I go slap somebody here this evening."

"Ok, Sargeant, give me ya handest, make I send message to Operation Stop and Search, say make dem do quick pursue that taxi, catch am before dem fiti go far."

"Oga I no get credit today o. Abi unu go fit helep me put am credit small before you use am ? "

"Useless man. Look him head like no credit. GIVE me that handset, my friend, and go bring that money bag when Texaco deposit for my drawer this afternoon, make I use small inside buy credit to take coordinate this anti-crime operation."

"SHUN SIR ! We dey follow you for back, Oga, and I wan take this opportunity remember unu say my house rent dey due today, and that my wife just born man this morning, we thank God sir. Na ya eye we dey look, sir "

" SHUT UP , and do ya work, Sargeant, if you no want make I show you red card just now."

Nna, E be like say u sef don do police work before o. grin grin grin
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by Borat1: 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
Johnnny:

Nna, E be like say u sef don do police work before o.  grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by GoldCircle: 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2010
Read this also in one of the dailies and almost fell off my chair laughing. . .

P O L I C E!!!
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by 77ken: 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2010
na be small thing o! Nigeria police bank, interest charges on money deposited, 90%. Dat na d day wey armed robbers no rob the police station o! grin grin
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
Jakumo:

"What of that big station. Weytin' dem dey call am ooo ? Ahen, na Mobil. How much dem bring ?

"Oga just now-now with koro-koro eye I see Mobil dem manager for inside taxi, dey take style dey hide him face. I suspect that man o."

"Whattt ? Wusai dat taxi pass, wey dat hopeless copul no fiti capture dem for checking when we put am near junction ? I sure say I go slap somebody here this evening."

"Oga I no get credit today o. Abi unu go fit helep me put am credit small before you use am ? "

"Useless man. Look him head like no credit. GIVE me that handset, my friend, and go bring that money bag when Texaco deposit for my drawer this afternoon, make I use small inside buy credit to take coordinate this anti-crime operation."

"SHUN SIR ! We dey follow you for back, Oga, and I wan take this opportunity remember unu say my house rent dey due today, and that my wife just born man this morning, we thank God sir. Na ya eye we dey look, sir "

Why do u always do me like this now, you go make me dey laugh for office like person wey no get work
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by Bishop7(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2010
Lol!
You guys are all funny and have obviously lost faith in the Nigerian Police. From an eclectic point of view, I think our Police Force would still do a good job if they want to. It's totally wrong to generalize using a few ( well, more than a few) bad eggs in the Police Force. World over, there are corrupt officers in every system and Nigeria is no exception. Even if a token is charged, is it not better than loosing the whole lot. We do pay bank charges, insurance premiums and so forth. Let's look on the positive side!
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by mansmith(m): 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2010
if they want to start official stealing,they should let us know
Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by agapeLuv1(m): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2010
well b4 you drop money the police or any body for that matter with our economy is now like in all things pray and follow your spirit, cheers

Re: Robbery: Deposit Your Money With Us, Police Advise Petrol Stations by Tadeus(m): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2010
LOL, What is the primary functions of this organisation called Nigerian police?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Only Spent 107 Days In Plenary In 2012 / How Do We Measure The Performance Of State Governments? / Nnamdi Kanu Has A Son Out Of Wedlock - IBTIMES UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.