Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (50778 Views)

Two Nigerian Pastors Use Same Woman For Same Miracle / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by babadee1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

if someone is threatened with curses to pay tithes it okay?

Nobody can lay any curse on a Christian. 'Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”).' (Gal. 3:13). There is no law again and therefore there can be no curses again for anyone who believes in Jesus. The people who manipulate others to get money out of them using the word of God are not new in Christianity, they have been there since the beginning of the faith. God says they should continue, as long as His gospel is preached no problem. In the end, He will judge them all.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Mydazz(m): 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2017
The truth is the percentage that goes into this is next to nothing,..... compared to what a church gets on Tithes in a week, month or year. I'm not saying don't pay Tithe, I'm saying this your argument is as WEAK as the ones given by the Pastor's who have all spoken on this.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Ovamboland(m): 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2017
divicode:
These rubbish about anti- tithing is been promoted by church goers (not Christians) and other atheist-like fellows. I have not seen a Church were people are forced to pay tithes. It is purely a free will offering.

For people that pays, leave those people alone with their conscience and God. If you don't pay, it is your personal conviction

Has any of you ever asked your principal (Boy freeze) who he epp. He paid for somebody's JAMB in 2012, that is probably all he has done in his life time.

Meanwhile MFM is providing water, Catholic is feeding both Muslims and Christians at IDP camps. Oyedepo has awarded schilarship to over 2,000 students in 24 months and here you are with your principal boy freeze yearning rubbish on nairaland

May sense for all on you all just for once at least

Senators and reps too collect huge constituency allowance and empower a few youths with cooler, wheelbarrow, shovel, sewing machine, okada. But does that justify the huge allowance?

They hardly end up with wheelbarrow and okada as their own share but with mansions, luxury cars, such is Dino with no known job or skill displaying luxury toys and he too will claim he empowered some people.

The pastors are analogous to the politicians as they both operate the pyramid principles. You can never be richer than the man at the top. That's why the most greedy of those pastors are usually the richest men in their organisation. Ask them to show you the number of their regular members who also own private jets
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by peeps4u: 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
ofuonyebi:

It is GOD's demand to pay tithe...some pastors use it wisely...some use it otherwise..

many people do not pay tithe thinking they cheat GOD...but the devil still takes larger % from their labour..

Above all, it is God who punishes the rule breakers and blesses those that are faithful....QED

I always hear this line that Satan takes larger % from those who don't pay tithes but you guys have failed to show how. Stop this inexistent theory.
How does Satan takes his % from non-tithers? Is it that tithers don't fall sick? are they more blessed than non- tithers?
Are tithers the wealthiest in the society?
Don't tithers die or suffer tragedies?
We have even seen pastors, tithers dying of accidents.
Whatever tragedies that tithers suffer, non- tithers suffer same.

DO YOU THINK PASTORS WILL NEED ALL THESE BULLISH APPROACHES ON NON-TITHERS IN ORDER TO MAKE THEM TITHE IF NON-TITHERS SEE CLEAR AND OBVIOUS DIFFERENT IN THE LIVES OF TITHERS? NO ONE WILL FORCE NON-TITHERS TO TITHE TO ENJOY MORE BENEFITS OF TITHES IF ALL THESE THEORIES OF SPECIAL GRACE IN TITHERS ARE REAL.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
Whatever works for you my dear.

As for me, I follow His leading. Not what the Apostles did. They followed His leading too.
So I tune myself to His Spirit. If He says JUMP, I won't ask if the apostles jumped, I'll ask, How high Lord? And JUMP!

See? Let His Spirit talk to your spirit.

PaChukwudi44:

God already spoke to us via his scriptures.The apostles showed us the way by not practising tithing in the early church
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Dnockeror333(m): 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2017
spongeisback:
Pentecostal churches are just like king Saul. Obedience is better than sacrifice. The rules have been laid down i.e what tithe should be paid with, who to pay tithe and when to pay, why're you people disobeying your god?

Please, can you expouse more on the above good insinuation:

What are tithes payed with?

Who are o pay tithe, or who did The Almighty God said should pay the 1/10th?

When should this tithe be payed by those who are to pay them?

And according to Deutheronomy, where and how should a tithe be payed?

With the last question above, how is Deuthronomy different from the tithe of Malachi?

Thankyou. Expecting `an honour' by your reply.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by ooshinibos: 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
the discussion is not just about what they do with tithes but rather the legality of Christian tithing in the first place
I don't think it matters , tithe is a form of giving , it just stipulates that type of giving as tenth percent of your income , modern day Christianity or new covenant ones , should not be stuck on 10 percent , actually in the early church, the tithe was not mentioned because they gave what they could afford or what came from their heart , some even gave lands and houses to the church , they gave so much that there was nobody poor amongst them , I believe they gave more than 10 percent ,
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Phonefanatic: 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2017
zealous2121:
First, I will like to greet you..Good afternoon.
Now i will begin, if telling you salt is black, will you take that into consideration. If a man of God tell you God will come down to take the tithe you give. will you take that into consideration. What is your level of understanding??.. First of all in the main post, the journalist made mentions of charity contributions , donations by Churches...what is your God?? He is a kind God, a given God and a God of the poor..if this churches give to the poor, don't you think they re giving it to God. I ask again what is your level of understanding.?? Or have you forgotten the part of the bible that says you should give 10% of your income as tithe??

Your level of understanding should be the one in question if you don't understand my point.

You give your tithe to Pastor who in turn gives 2 percent of it to the poor and the rest goes into personal account Or you give your 10 percent directly to the poor and needy.......... Common sense missing here?
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by hatedisplace: 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2017
divicode:
These rubbish about anti- tithing is been promoted by church goers (not Christians) and other atheist-like fellows. I have not seen a Church were people are forced to pay tithes. It is purely a free will offering.

For people that pays, leave those people alone with their conscience and God. If you don't pay, it is your personal conviction

Has any of you ever asked your principal (Boy freeze) who he epp. He paid for somebody's JAMB in 2012, that is probably all he has done in his life time.

Meanwhile MFM is providing water, Catholic is feeding both Muslims and Christians at IDP camps. Oyedepo has awarded schilarship to over 2,000 students in 24 months and here you are with your principal boy freeze yearning rubbish on nairaland

May sense for all on you all just for once at least
wait till you have something to do with the church only then you will know tithe is buy force
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by judgedredd22(m): 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol...Mr Devils advocate, you fail to mention that all these churches have welfare units too and the welfare units are funded by members themselves and not from church tithes.
The MFM instance you gave, the borehole must have been built by tasking members to contribute specially for it. Christ Embassy have a unit they call Inner City that does these charity works; Guess who funds Inner city? Church members who are called partners. So when you see any charity work from such a church, it is not from the tithes but from extra donations from members.

For those saying that no pastor forces people to tithe, you are joking. Most churches don't wed you if your tithe record is not up to date. Have you forgoten how Adeboye was boldly declaring last year that you are not a christian if you don't pay tithe. Now that the truth is coming out, the pastors are gradually retreating their earlier stance and making it sound like a freewill donation.

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Goshen360(m): 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
the discussion is not just about what they do with tithes but rather the legality of Christian tithing in the first place

My brother, these folks no go hear word....lol. it's like someone saying tithe is being used to advance or preach the gospel. And then I asked, what tithe did Christ and the Apostles received before or for them to preach the gospel.

The OP is good humanitarian projects but the early church did similar stuff and some more but not by tithe.....

Next..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Phonefanatic: 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2017
RockyEyo:

By who sir?? By God??
My Friend; I believe in God, I believe He By His Inspiration wrote the Bible which is His word and if that be the case I need you to explain to my sheeple mind the passage which I shared primarily in this article.
If you are a non-believer please ignore cos I no get your strength but if you are a believer then bros let us reason together.

Let me give you a little tutorial since you've refused to employ common sense...... Below is the scenerio

500,000 members of a church across Nigeria gives a flat rate of N10, 000 as tithe monthly = 5,000,000,000
(that's on average as many earn far beyond 100k and many earn below and I also exclude offerings and other collections even a GO requested direct 1Billion from one person)

So what happens here? The church makes 5,000,000,000 monthly then the church decides paying their tithe which is 10% of what you all donated.

5,000,000,000 ÷ 10 = 500,000,000

That 10% is what the church will use to front projects and give to the poor.

So what happens if the masses actually gave all the donations directly to the poor and needy? God will frown that you didn't take it to the Church so pastor can cut it down?

Receive sense.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by kokomilala(m): 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2017
It's mind-blowing this demonic , oft obsessive criticism of the church. It's a mourihnoic spirit, after the order of Mourihno. A spirit that possesses a man.It goads him to indulge in compulsive disorders.Most of which are emotional and psychological. His entire cast of mind is about what others are doing or thinking. That's the spirit that's fighting the Kingdom of God at this point in time.
What the carriers of this spirit fail to realise is that the church in its entirety is the body of Christ,they are living stones being built up into a house that can't perish.The builder of that house is Jesus.No matter the storm the church faces,even from the pit of he'll,it will Not flounder. It's already founded on the Rock- that -Cannot- Fail.
It's easy enough to criticise these pastors without knowing their antecedent histories,where they are coming from,or their covenants with God.
Ironically,most of those Who criticise these pastors don't even have a grasp about the Bible.E..g. Matthew 23:23 finally settles the issue about tithes. But these critics would never see that.Or blatantly ignore it in order to wage their ceaseless cyber war on the church.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by seguno2: 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2017
donstan18:
Your life changed when God wanted it to, you can't bribe God,
Don't be deceived!

grin grin

Maybe he thinks that God is an olopa or works for SARS like Yomi SARS, who protects yahoo boys for a fee.

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Goshen360(m): 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
IForgotMyLoginD:
Whatever works for you my dear.

As for me, I follow His leading. Not what the Apostles did. They followed His leading too.
So I tune myself to His Spirit. If He says JUMP, I won't ask if the apostles jumped, I'll ask, How high Lord? And JUMP!

See? Let His Spirit talk to your spirit.

I pray you don't jump into .....lol because you're building on a different foundation other than Christ and His Apostles which are the foundation of the Church and you are the body of Christ. More like what Adeboye said, the Spirit convinced him tithe is right. Excuse me, how do we verify every spirit if not by the complete word.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by omodave(m): 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
sureheaven:
Anybody who doesn't believe in tithe and offerings should not pay, leave those who pay alone and stop criticising them. It's not by force.

Abeg help me tell them... Make them just mind their business...
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by GoodMuyis(m): 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

Legality of tithe is not debatable.
Asking whether Jesus or the apostles pays tithe is invalid
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by dejavubobo1(m): 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2017
felixomor:

I hope you wont get married
because Jesus didnt get married also
But he supports d marriage institution, His attending d wedding whr He turned water to win gives credence to marriage

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2017
crooked pastors every were grin
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by dejavubobo1(m): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2017
discman2k2:

Plszz stop misquoting the Holy Bible, for crying out loud, do u ever read atheist criticizing the Imams of Islam? Why do u prefer to divide the House of God with your foolish debates?
What does it benefit u in all?

And cant u see that its a calculated, gradual coy to defame Christianity? "Strike the Shephered & the Sheep will scatter " - Holy Bible says.

Its well with your Soul.
Islam is spoken against, dahs why u ve fanatics going into terrorizing whoever speaks against it. As for misquoting d bible kindly highlight d misquoted text.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Legality of tithe is not debatable.
Asking whether Jesus or the apostles pays tithe is invalid

how exactly is that question invalid? you mean we are not supposed to follow the examples of Jesus and his disciples
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by felixomor: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
dejavubobo1:

But he supports d marriage institution, His attending d wedding whr He turned water to win gives credence to marriage
So also he supported Nicodemus and other people who paid tithe in their days.
He didnt condemn them.

Next
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2017
kokomilala:
It's mind-blowing this demonic , oft obsessive criticism of the church. It's a mourihnoic spirit, after the order of Mourihno. A spirit that possesses a man.It goads him to indulge in compulsive disorders.Most of which are emotional and psychological. His entire cast of mind is about what others are doing or thinking. That's the spirit that's fighting the Kingdom of God at this point in time.
What the carriers of this spirit fail to realise is that the church in its entirety is the body of Christ,they are living stones being built up into a house that can't perish.The builder of that house is Jesus.No matter the storm the church faces,even from the pit of he'll,it will Not flounder. It's already founded on the Rock- that -Cannot- Fail.
It's easy enough to criticise these pastors without knowing their antecedent histories,where they are coming from,or their covenants with God.
Ironically,most of those Who criticise these pastors don't even have a grasp about the Bible.E..g. Matthew 23:23 finally settles the issue about tithes. But these critics would never see that.Or blatantly ignore it in order to wage their ceaseless cyber war on the church.

mattew 23:23 was not directed to Christians rather it was to jews still living under the law.Even under the law it was not even amongst the important aspects of the law
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Osezua: 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB8ycSJyh9U&t=1261s Daddy Freeze Selfish Hidden Agenda On Tithing
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2017
felixomor:

So also he supported Nicodemus and other people who paid tithe in their days.
He didnt condemn them.

Next

bros just show us where Christians paid tithes in the bible.Is that too much to ask? Doves was sacrified when Jesus was born as directedby the law.Are we supposed to continue doing that too? The practices of the law was still valid as long as Jesus lived.On the cross of calvary he brought all of them to an end.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by mikolo80: 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
spongeisback:
Pentecostal churches are just like king Saul. Obedience is better than sacrifice. The rules have been laid down i.e what tithe should be paid with, who to pay tithe and when to pay, why're you people disobeying your god?
so if you look at woman yansh we can pluck your eye.?
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by mikolo80: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2017
Evablizin:
shocked

Wow nice post with good points.

Some churches and ministers are working with the money raised through tithes and offerings without making noise,God will bless them.

why do they make noise about bad things and not good ones
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by eyinjuege: 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2017
I know for a fact that a lot of christian ministries do a lot of charitable works without running to the press. The people who are their regular church members are usually aware of this.
The only people who have a problem with this are non members of the different ministries.
Regarding tithes, its a personal thing. I've met people who claim to pay 50%of their earnings as tithes. Tithe should be 10%, yet they pay 50%. Does that make it unacceptable? Some pay 0%, does that make them sinnerz? The answer is NO.
God looks at the heart and motives at the end of the day. Was the tithe given cheerfully with joy? Was that offering from your heart? Even Cain's offering was unacceptable because it wasnt feom his heart. If giving in church isn't from your heart, dont bother to even do it. Its not a crime not to do so. Its even worse if you give grudgingly, so better not give at all.
If however you're at peace with giving, please do so.

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by felixomor: 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

bros just show us where Christians paid tithes in the bible.Is that too much to ask? Doves was sacrified when Jesus was born as directedby the law.Are we supposed to continue doing that too? The practices of the law was still valid as long as Jesus lived.On the cross of calvary he brought all of them to an end.
Tithing was already being done before the law.
Read Abraham and Jacob lives

Besides i hope u are not the type of Christian that disobeys ten commandments because Jesus died on the cross.
Thats risky doctrine
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by bionixs: 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
Evablizin:
shocked

Wow nice post with good points.

Some churches and ministers are working with the money raised through tithes and offerings without making noise,God will bless them.

very important! without making noise!

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Martin0(m): 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
gypsey:
crooked pastors every were grin
Yes oogringringrin
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by bionixs: 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
DLondonboiy:
Why can't we help the poor ourselves...? Why must we give it to some pastors?

This is the kind of people Jesus called GOAT in the bible...
sad enough,you sounded LIKE a goat. Problem of most Christians is that they don't know where their bible is ,let alone reading to know what it says on issues,yet they would come NL and make loudest noise. Where in the bible were you permitted to ask or know what TITHE is used for? Quote a place, I have a bible here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Conditions For Marriage In Mountain Of Fire Ministries (pics) / Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour / Lady Narrates How She Was Mistaken For Mammy Water In Church Because She's Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.