Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,348 members, 7,829,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race (11973 Views)

Tinubu Wins As Oyegun Formally Withdraws From APC Chairmanship Race / Bode George Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race / Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by IbadanInsider: 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2017

Yesterday there was News of PDP Clearing Ladoja, Adedoja, 7 Others For National Chairmanship Seat check here if you missed it https://www.nairaland.com/4222619/pdp-clears-ladoja-adedoja-7

Former governor Rashidi Ladoja of Oyo State has withdrew from the national chairmanship race of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

According to a letter dated 8th December, 2017, a copy of which was obtained, he said he was withdrawing from the race in the interest of the South West.

The letter quoted him as saying that ‎”…particularly as it concerns the multiplicity of aspirants from the South West and in the common interest and good of my zone, the South-West, and our great party, the only choice open to me is bow out of the race.”

Ladoja said he was withdrawing to brighten South-West’s chances in clinching the national chairmanship of the party.

The letter was addressed to the governor of Delta state, Ifeanyi Okowa, who is the national convention committee planning chairman.

He didn’t, however, state who he is supporting for the chairmanship seat.

Read the full letter below
The Chairman,

National Convention Planning Committee,

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),

Wadata Plaza,

Abuja.

8th December, 2017

Sir,

WITHDRAWAL FROM CHAIRMANSHIP RACE
I, Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja, an aspirant for the National Chairmanship position hereby formally inform you of my decision to withdraw from the race.

Having given a deep consideration to the circumstances in respect of the said race, particularly as it concerns the multiplicity of aspirants from the South West and in the common interest and good of my zone, the South-West, and our great party, the only choice open to me is bow out of the race. This decision is also to produce the desired outcome of a sole consensus candidate to represent the South-West Zone and thereby improve the chances of the candidate.

Please accept the assurances of my high respects and kind regards.

Yours faithfully,

Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja.

CC:

National Chairman, Sen. Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi,

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)

Source: https://www.ibadaninsider.com/politics/ladoja-withdraws-from-pdp-chairmanship-race-read-letter/
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by IbadanInsider: 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by DWJOBScom(m): 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
finally sanity is settling in....

Let the Southwest combine and strengthen their forte and come up with a stronger candidate.

May the best win
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by dodelight(m): 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2017
Now, That Is Maturity!

4 Likes

Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by boss01: 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
Ok now, let's see how's going to play out
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by tdbankplc: 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2017
You guys shld conclude early and support one candidate.
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by LadyNaija(f): 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2017
Governor Wike Arrives Like Emperor At Eagle Square For PDP National Convention

Governor Wike arrives Eagle Square, venue of the PDP National Convention 2017 and shakes it to its very foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2MRsS8aFy4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by auduadeniyi(m): 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2017
My friend don't tell me that

Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by Secur: 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2017
H
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by bart10: 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
undecided
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by Realkenny(m): 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
If Everybody Withdraw Who Wan Come be National Chairman
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by mpowa(m): 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by Guyman02: 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
How come all their resignation is backdated to 08 December 2019 sad
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by Bolustical: 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
It's now between Prof Adeniran and Secondus.

IMO, this position ought to be for the SE because they are going to lose out of the VP slot (quote me when it happens) in next year primaries.

The SE does not have any formidable person to present as the VP, even Peter Obi with how popular they claim he is, lost (in proxy) by landslide in the judge concluded Anambra elections.

Forget Soludo! Utomi is politically and geographically from the SS.

2 Likes

Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by BruncleZuma: 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Political BBN

#EndSARS
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by Bolustical: 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
Good
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by deco22(m): 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
South West are rallying around that Adeniran guy... Secondus should be wary.

1 Like

Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by Pavore9: 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2017
Why wait till the last minute? Probably used it to bargain.
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by Mariangeles(f): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2017
That's PDP for you, that's what they know how to do best ...they "step down" at the last minute
I remember the time of Yar'adua, when all aspirants "stepped down" during their primary election.
They better know that we will not allow them take this nation hostage again...they are never transparent, always scheming...now I remember why I don't trust them.

3 Likes

Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by stinggy(m): 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
What they should all have done since! Fools, Secondus will surely win. Y'all brought it upon yourselves undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by kayowalemi(m): 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
OGD and Jimi Agbaje to withdrew... I think this people are now mature
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by olanshi: 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2017

This is far beyond what we anticipated

Bode George

Otunba Gbenga Daniel

Rashid Ladoja

Stepped down!

Something big is about to happen in PDP, a Stunner!

2 Likes

Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by funlord(m): 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2017
He has received sense at last! grin

1 Like

Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by Jones4190(m): 3:20pm On Dec 09, 2017
The Devil is still very much interested in the affairs of PDP as a founding stakeholder o!!!
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2017
Prof Tunde Adeniran is winning these already

1 Like

Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 09, 2017
deco22:
South West are rallying around that Adeniran guy... Secondus should be wary.

Lol. these is beyond Secondus again, Northern delegate have thrown there weight behind Adeniran.

1 Like

Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by bonechamberlain(m): 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
this is too late, u all would have done this before now. and not 6 of you coming out to vie for the post
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by enemyofprogress: 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
Must the idiot put senator in front of his name?na him family title?
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by enemyofprogress: 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2017
Must the idiot put senator in front of his name?na him family title?
slimany:

Lol. these is beyond Secondus again, Northern delegate have thrown there weight behind Adeniran.
moreover the South west has what the north wants in 2019
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by onatisi(m): 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
slimany:
Prof Tunde Adeniran is winning these already
i think adeniran is ibb candidate
the tussle will most likely be between adeniran and secondus
Re: Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race by olawalepopoola: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2017
bonechamberlain:
this is too late, u all would have done this before now. and not 6 of you coming out to vie for the post
This is political strategy. Do you think northerners will vote a person with IPOB blood in him.
Well said the Yoruba are been strategic here. Let us wait for the outcome.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello: Obaseki’s Exit Is Painful But APC Will Reclaim Edo / Igbo Group In Lagos Urges Tinubu To Run For Presidency / Hunger, Diseases Dominate North-west, Zamfara In Crisis, MSF Raises The Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.