Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

"Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu (37154 Views)

You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin / Benin People ‘owned’ Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them —erelu Abiola Dosunmu / I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
codemaniacs:

I'm not trying to discredit you... you were just writing two opposing views in your own comments..

If you want a "logical" debate you would never rely on wikipedia as a source of information because anyone can write it.. like I told someone above, oduduwa is not a person but movement..

If you are looking to understand history you have to see history from the point of view of the people the history is describing and relying on wiki means you are relying on another person's point of view.

I am not trying to win here... I'm trying to make sure you don't mislead yourself and others by depending on another person's version of history..

Yoruba has always been under one umbrella but they created autonomous villages..
No bro I am not making contradictory comments, but you have decided to contradict my comments.

No
Yoruba have never been under one umbrella. Various Yoruba groups fought each other over the years for territories Various Yoruba kings of today are not the direct grandchildren of oduduwa.

The ilaje of ugbo (not oduduwa lineage) kingdom fought ile ife and so on.

I used Wikipedia to back my claims because my claims are common knowledge.

You can come with a contradictory evidence, since you are hell bent on proving your point
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Killurself: 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2017
It mean bini pass ondo, pass Ogun State come owned Lagos, everybody now want to be owner of Lagos now
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2017
macof:
oniru alone is more significant in lagos than this Erelu kuti who has no ancestral land
the land she lives on belongs to Aromire, who she calls 'onile' (land owner) anytime she should meet him.

Some years ago i was told that there is no current Aromire chief, something about the family is split. i don't know how true but I think this is why these troublemakers have had the recent voice to claim nonsense on Aromire's land

I have always wondered the family that owns the land around those parts. Thing about such families the bigger the family the bigger the problems. Even the royals wouldn't want them to settle their rifts. Royal politics can just be as dirty and fatal in a very subtle way than normal civil politics...
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by codemaniacs: 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2017
zz
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
greiboy:
You need to read history bro

Even the word yoruba was only used to identify yorubas under the Oyo yoruba empire.

we have
awori
ikale
ilaje
ijesha
Egba
ijebus and so on

All with villages and mini towns. e.g ijebus had ijebu ode, oru and ijebu igbo,

All with distinct dialect, type of dressing, and type of food.

it obvious we are not arguing with facts

Umm mister man, are you saying ijebu ode and ijebu igbo have different dialects etc?

Fyi, ijebus don't see themselves as Yoruba, they are of Sudanese descent as the Awujale also claims...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Chukazu: 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
sophoccles:

What is amazing about a career-höe who spent her entire life hopping from one rich man's dīck to the other?

that is your opinion, doesn't change my regards for her
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
codemaniacs:

I don't depend fully on history written by other people not to talk of history written by people who claimed to enslave my ancestors..

the "facts" you talking about are other people's point of view..

like you said the ijebu's had their own ways... Now you and siblings do you have the same mentality and ways, that does not change the fact that they are your blood relatives.

we create our histories... the history of each ethnic group is in their population, skills and language...

we are arguing with facts that are on ground now and comparing it with the past..

you are only identified by your surname in a formal setting..

when reading history compare the present "facts" with the past "facts" if they don't add up then there is revisionism happening then fix it and you'll get your answer...
bro those are facts that can be easily traceable in the present day.

You take trip around Yoruba land yourself and see the diversity.

The Yorubas are homogenous group, which lived together but never under one umbrella.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Chukazu: 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
Killurself:
It mean bini pass ondo, pass Ogun State come owned Lagos, everybody now want to be owner of Lagos now

don't forget that Benin was part of Western Nigeria before.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
Blackfyre:

Umm mister man, are you saying ijebu ode and ijebu igbo have different dialects etc?

Fyi, ijebus don't see themselves as Yoruba, they are of Sudanese descent as the Awujale also claims...
No

Even though there is some small difference in the way they speak. That was not my point

I meant all Yoruba sub groups like the ijebus have a very different dialect to that of ijesha or ilaje people

Awujale is the son of oduduwa.

read history bro not propaganda cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
baby124:

grin grin grin
Are you minding her? The woman doesn’t even have a straight story. What a fantasy. She doesn’t want her family to be seen as interlopers. I think the Obaship of Lagos Island might be threatened in some way. So they are planting useless stories everywhere. Eyo is from Ijebus. I am Awori from Lagos Island and I have no Bini male ancestor.

That Eyo part got me too, because i have always heard and read that it was from Ijebus....
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by codemaniacs: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
zz
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
greiboy:
No

Even though there is some small difference in the way they speak. That was not my point

I meant all Yoruba sub groups like the ijebus have a very different dialect to that of ijesha or ilaje people

Awujale is the son of oduduwa.

read history bro not propaganda cheesy

Which propaganda bros?.....undecided

Are you an ijebu boy that you know the difference between igbo and ode?....which small difference might that be?

How is the awujale the son of oduduwa?
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
codemaniacs:

geez, you rely so much on history written by foreigners... we never fought each other... like you said your claims are "common knowledge" and not logically and critically analysed knowledge..

It was only after the foreigners arrived that they turned ethnic groups against each other... the Yorubas never fought each other, the 50 year intra ethnic war they claim yorubas fought was against the fulanis and the foreigners.. even the yorubas stopped fighting the foreigners because the foreigners held "peace talks" with the indigenes and as a way to keep the yorubas on check gave part of the land to fulanis whom they favored and still favor till date..

I am sorry if I have offended you but I'm tired of people giving me version of history written by foreigners that are still trying to wipe out my race..

Dude is sounding like a kindergarten in history knowledge.....just dey talk things wey warrant slap for him face....
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by DONADAMS(m): 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
LilSmith55:

No mind dem, Osun State dey dere nobody claim am oooo, because the state isn't successful, once Osun is successful, u will see dem come up with one yeye story on how dem be the first born of Osun state.... Yeye people
I swear
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
Blackfyre:

Which propaganda bros?.....undecided

Are you an ijebu boy that you know the difference between igbo and ode?....which small difference might that be?

How is the awujale the son of oduduwa?
My mom is from ijebu

I have visited ijebu more than 100times in my life time.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by highwaist: 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
I'm less concern about Lagos landlord .what I know is oba of binni is among of odoua son.nobody can change the history
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 10, 2017
greiboy:
My mom is from ijebu

I have visited ijebu more than 100times in my life time.

What part of Ijebu is your mom from?

And is it your mom that told you awujale is of no Sudanese descent?
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2017
codemaniacs:

geez, you rely so much on history written by foreigners... we never fought each other... like you said your claims are "common knowledge" and not logically and critically analysed knowledge..

It was only after the foreigners arrived that they turned ethnic groups against each other... the Yorubas never fought each other, the 50 year intra ethnic war they claim yorubas fought was against the fulanis and the foreigners.. even the yorubas stopped fighting the foreigners because the foreigners held "peace talks" with the indigenes and as a way to keep the yorubas on check gave part of the land to fulanis whom they favored and still favor till date..

I am sorry if I have offended you but I'm tired of people giving me version of history written by foreigners that are still trying to wipe out my race..
wow

You never heard of moremi in the ugbo wars with ile ife

her statue is at the palace of oni of ife

You never heard of the ijebu wars with Ibadan

Even in Ibadan, there were battles between various clans to establish themselves.

The Fulani stop fighting Yorubas but raided old Oyo empire, hmmm.

Ever heard of the heroics of of ekiti people against the fulani.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
Blackfyre:

What part of Ijebu is your mom from?

And is it your mom that told you awujale is of no Sudanese descent?
Atan. ilugu local government

Nope i read it and I spoke with elders.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by AxxeMan: 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
highwaist:
I'm less concern about Lagos landlord .what I know is oba of binni is among of odoua son.nobody can change the history

Wat nonsense oduaa?

It is that rat you have in ife called ooni that is under the great oba of Benin!

Better receive sense there is no brotherhood among we Edo's and the people the Hausa's call Yoruba angry
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by AxxeMan: 9:14pm On Dec 10, 2017
Thank God the truth is coming out finally!

Lagos was and Still Is Edo Territory!!
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
greiboy:
Atan. olugu local government

Nope i read it and I spoke with elders.

Which elders? Elders from where? What do the elders say?
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by okway: 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
Joke of a thread cool

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
Blackfyre:

Which elders? Elders from where? What do the elders say?

bro let me school you

obatan's dynasty owns the crown in ijebu

obatan came from ife

I have read silly publication that claims ijebu are from ethopia and Sudan

but the position of awulaje have never been in doubt
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
greiboy:
bro let me school you

obatan's dynrsty owns the crown in ife

obatan came from ife

I have the silly publication that claims ijebu are from ethopia and Sudan

but the position of awulaje have never been in doubt

So Obanta is of no Sudanese blood?
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by codemaniacs: 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
zz
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
Blackfyre:

So Obanta is of no Sudanese blood?
no bro he came from ife
That is what history said smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by codemaniacs: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
zz
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
codemaniacs:

like I told greiboy I don't rely on history written by foreigners..

Ojukwu's father was a bri:tish pawn which also makes Ojukwu a bri:tish pawn..

you said "Nigeria after the massacre of Igbos declared war on B:iafra on the advice of the british who promised them unlimited supply of weapons to win the war"..

Nigeria did not massacre Igbos "N:orthern Nigerians[mainly fulanis]" did, Northern Nigerians declared war on B:iafra not the other ethnic groups.. the british that you're claiming promised Nigeria weapons had and still have a currency called pounds, the B:iafran currency was called B:iafran "POUNDS" now compare that to FR:ENCH colonies using FR:ANCS... I hope you're getting my point, B:iafra was also sponsored by the british because the biafran currency would have been called Biafran pounds which is a subsidiary of Bri:tish pounds..

then you said "Their main reason was to gain unlimited access to the oils wells in the east. This is why gowon reneged on the aburi accord."

their main reason was to destabilize southern Nigeria and turn the ethnic groups against each other, the Igbos instead of facing the N:orthern Nigerians were facing the SW just because the federal position was there or because they were under orders to attack the SW..
the bri:tish plan was If B:iafra is successful they control the oil and if its not successful they still control the oil.. g:owon didn't have to renege on anything him and ojukwu were complicit in it, your eastern leaders have always tried to politically control the SW..

then you also said "I don't blame the elders for voting to defend their people. Its sad that they lost the war but without british assistance Biafra would have been celebrating 50 years of independence this year."

the british knew the igbos would never stand a chance in over-running the SW as they had already tried 100yrs before the w:ar.. If Biafra was successful it would mean the seat of power for Biafra would have been Lagos and the Yorubas bcom second class citizens in their own territory.

If the b:ritish really wanted the oil "peacefully" all they had to do was make the Efik nation, Ijaw nation and the igbo controlled part of rivers independent countries.. but this would also mean that those countries would experience economic bliss but the bri:tish never ever wanted to see or create a black controlled super power country.. they needed people who were and are willing to subjugate and impoverish their own people and the average southern Nigerian would spread his/her wealth in the community..

At that time the Ijaw and Efik nations combined are not more than 7million... the kind of oil wealth they had at that time would have made them instant billionaires...

I'm tired of writing cry cry cry
ok I am not going to talk about biafra bro

There is like a million version of the history of biafra, each side giving his own narrative

it is very fresh in the memories of a lot of people.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 10, 2017
codemaniacs:

Its your own brain.. you guys should believe what you want to believe...
You guys are correct, you are learned and have read history well...
CONGRATULATIONS..
hey not like that bro
we are learning from each other
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2017
greiboy:
no bro he came from ife

That is what history said smiley

Those elders of yours deserve to be flogged and you too for being a bad research student....

Obanta known by his real name Ogborogamida is the grand son of Olu Iwa the first Awujale who came from Waddai present day Sudan. His mother Gborowo is the daughter of Olu Iwa, but because after the death of Olu Iwa, he was sent for from Ife to inherit the crown of his grandfather. Olu Iwa gave out his daughter to Oduduwa in Ife as a good gesture after passing through Ife to Ijebu.

Go and tell your elders who left that part out,how the river named Osun Gborowo got its name and why they continue to offer sacrifices to it till this day....
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
Blackfyre:

Those elders of yours deserved to be flogged and you too for being a bad research student....

Obanta known by his real name Ogborogamida is the grand son of Olu Iwa the first Awujale who came from Waddai present day Sudan. His mother Gborowo is the daughter of Olu Iwa, but because after the death of Olu Iwa, he was sent for from Ife to inherit the crown of his grandfather. Olu Iwa gave out his daughter to Oduduwa in Ife as a good gesture after passing through Ife to Ijebu.

Go and tell your elders who left that part out,how the river named Osun Gborowo got its name and why they continue to offer sacrifices to it till this day....
This is almost comical grin

Obanta led a migration of people from Ile Ife to become the King in Ijebu Ode after his maternal grandfather, Oba (King) Olu Iwa, the first Awujale of Ijebu Ode, died. On arriving at Ijebu, the inhabitants welcomed him warmly, shouting "oba wa nita" meaning "the king is outside" in the Yoruba language . This is how Ogborogan became known as Obanta.
Obanta's descendants continued

stop reading propaganda

Oduduwa is from the sky or Sudan too grin

Do you know even awujale pf recent said his origin could be from ishekiri

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' / Deposition: Your Pronouncements Not Binding On Me, Ayiri Tells Olu Of Warri / Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.