Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City (69887 Views)

Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) / Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? / Which Nigerian City Can Road Traffic Be As Discipline As This? (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by HallaDaTruth: 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2017
NAIRALAND IS FULL OF UNPATRIOTIC FOOLS. Those you admire, did not build their nations by mocking it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by londoner: 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2017
HallaDaTruth:
NAIRALAND IS FULL OF UNPATRIOTIC FOOLS. Those you admire, did not build their nations by mocking it.

They have no intention of building their nation. Probably not even their state. It's no good to deny the state Nigeria is in and how far we need to go but it's also no use continuously pointing out a problem they are not willing to lend a hand to fix.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by iamrammy(m): 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2017
MPSA:

My Brother, South Africa isn't Nigeria problem, The problem is with your politicians, SA never invite your corrupt politicians to invest in our country, You must fix your problem with your corrupt politicians not with SA, We have our own problems that we are dealing with in SA, Blame your corrupt politician man grin, SA was already developed before Nigerians arrived in SA after 1994, South Africa owe Nigeria nothing, You must tell your politicians to buy weapons in the right way, not with the Briefcase again grin
to say SA owes nigeria nothing is u being ungrateful, i know nigerian government was providing funds and helped your sorry asses gain freedom from apartheid and slavery...now i see why y'all be killing Nigerians cos y'all ungrateful. spits!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by londoner: 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2017
iamrammy:
to say SA owes nigeria nothing is u being ungrateful, i know nigerian government was providing funds and helped your sorry asses gain freedom from apartheid and slavery...now i see why y'all be killing Nigerians cos y'all ungrateful. spits!

They don't have to be grateful. How much of apartheid did they even experience?

2 Likes

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by HallaDaTruth: 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2017
londoner:

They have no intention of building their nation. Probably not even their state.
It breaks my heart to read some of their comments. Seun and the other admins are highly irresponsible, for allowing tribalism, hate speech, unpatriotism etc flood nairaland. The guy is not even doing anything about it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Mariangeles(f): 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2017
360command:
premier gaou. You are arrogant... You know the true condition of your country, what are you still bragging about?
This is not even about bragging, it's about insult...no matter how bad things are, when you allow other people insult because they well off...then there's no point for you to live...you have lost your sense of self worth...it's not even about Nigeria anymore, it's about you as a Nigerian.
I have absolute no respect for your kind of man...heck...you don't even respect yourself.

1 Like

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by iamrammy(m): 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2017
londoner:

They don't have to be grateful. How much of apartheid did they even experience?
i am amazed by your question...you should read more,perhaps you'll see how much they suffered.

1 Like

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by londoner: 5:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
HallaDaTruth:
It breaks my heart to read some of their comments. Seun and the other admins are highly irresponsible, for allowing tribalism, hate speech, unpatriotism etc flood nairaland. The guy is not even doing anything about it

I agree but controversy is also what drives repeat traffic here. The supposed SA's have started, then disappointed Nigerians join, then Nigeria's defenders then miraculously the Chales appear on the thread in groups of two or three. Lol

1 Like

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by londoner: 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
iamrammy:
i am amazed by your question...you should read more,perhaps you'll see how much they suffered.

No, you mistook my comment. I meant how much have the SA posters here in this thread THEMSELVES suffered under apartheid DIRECTLY?

It's the same way young Nigerians post pictures of starving Biafran children as a joke or to score points. Noone that actually witnessed the attrocities first hand would do that.

1 Like

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by ibkayee(f): 5:06pm On Dec 23, 2017
greiboy:
No, not overall sis

Just a small portion where the whites were using to dominate them in the past

Jo'burg its environs
Durban and its environs
cape town and its environs

maybe

port Elizabeth and its environs
Yeah even so, Nigeria is behind them. Compare it overall to Nigeria in terms of not only infrastructure but distribution of wealth, standard of living, health etc. Some of our biggest shows are even held in SA.
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by iamrammy(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
londoner:

No, you mistook my comment. I meant how much have the SA posters here in this thread THEMSELVES suffered under apartheid DIRECTLY?

It's the same way young Nigerians post pictures of starving Biafran children as a joke or to score points. Noone that actually witnessed the attrocities first hand would do that.
oh. now i understand you...lolzzz
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by londoner: 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
iamrammy:
oh. now i understand you...lolzzz

I see how you could have made that mistake my point was not clear enough first time round. I would never think let alone type such a thing. Lol

1 Like

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Mariangeles(f): 5:18pm On Dec 23, 2017
How can the moderators on nairaland all this insults from foreigners, can Nigerians dare to create a topic like this on a South African site? sure, they can share beautiful sites in their country without disrespecting and being offensive... Why does Nairaland inspire nothing but hate?
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Proxy4ever(m): 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2017
narutop:

Giant of Africa is just a slogan. We know who the true giant is. Do some travelling so your eyes will open.
correct...I like you for that.. one big Origin mixed fruit for you later..

1 Like

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by nwoke37: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2017
I hope this thread can wake up Nigeria. A country with the largest population and largest economy in Africa cannot reach its destined greatness with poor infrastructure and poorly planned cities! I expect in the next 20 years Nigerian cities should be able to rival South African cities and be among the the best internationally.

PS. Open gutters need to be banned in Nigerian cities.
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by adetayo234: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2017
lonlytroy:

I guess the truth is bitter
Remember the amunation money South Africa seized from Nigeria
Apart from that, do you know how much Nigeria politicians have offshored in S.A. not to talk of the properties Nigerians have there

South African is Nigerians problem

Please stop this nonsense idea that you develop anywhere. Those cities were built by oyinbo during the apartheid regime
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2017
Mariangeles:
Truth hurts, don't it?
Tell me more about your hurt
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Mariangeles(f): 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
cglobalz:
no one need to tell you which is Nigeria and southafrica
Until all these are achieved by a true black nation, I am not impressed... we all know the Whites made South Africa what it is and the Blacks know that perfectly well... heck, just a few years ago, they were still living like slaves in their own land.
Please take this opportunity to help me understand something puzzling... how can the majority Blacks allow the minority Whites to enslave them for that long?
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Deeldorado: 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
badebillions:

Bros you don't need all the omo onile wahala to own properties in SA. Just purchase your flat on mortgage..no need to bribe NEPA for power...or waterworks for supply all needed is your paycheck.

In Nigeria your money buys nothing! Healthcare zero!
I get there's complete order. The cost of living is still not comparable. Students pay 5500 rand per month for rent here. That's about 154k per month for renting. But I guess that's the cost of living in an ordered society and it's worth it.
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Mariangeles(f): 5:38pm On Dec 23, 2017
badebillions:

Tell me more about your hurt
Your truth about how the Whites get everything you get practically nothing hurts...don't it?
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by NettyNelly(m): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2017
it doesn't matter if SA is beta than nigeria in all ramification, we will get there, it might take a thousand years, just like the iseralites dat sojurned for 40 years instead of few days,but they finally got to their destination, it only took time. WE WILL GET THERE IT MIGHT TAKE TYM BUT WE WILL GET TO THE END OF THE TURNEL. JUST BELIEVE ......

I BELIEVE IN NIGERIA[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2017
Deeldorado:

I get there's complete order. The cost of living is still not comparable. Students pay 5500 rand per month for rent here. That's about 154k per month for renting. But I guess that's the cost of living in an ordered society and it's worth it.

5500 is a bit high.... There are places they pay between 1,800-3000 with blazing WiFi and furnishings... plus water and electricity 24/7... Including gym and recreational facilities... Not forgetting security too
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Mariangeles(f): 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2017
Okoyeeboz:
Show us pictures of the cities built by blacks in SA.

Whites built that country to their taste and handed over. They knew that if development of SA was left to the black South Africans, it would be hell on earth.
Whites handed over ke ...they are still in control, forget all this show off.
If the British had settled in Nigeria, it would have the best place in Africa but at what price...Who knows? you can never tell the future.
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by makydebbie(f): 5:52pm On Dec 23, 2017
Omo, they washed Nigeria for here oo. grin grin

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2017
Mariangeles:
Your truth about how the Whites get everything you get practically nothing hurts...don't it?
LOL shut up bro... In Nigeria the political office holders swallow everything including salaries.... that's after 300 million naira security vote unquestioned!
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2017
londoner:
Very nice pictures of the nice parts of SA and yes the images are more developed than what Nigeria has to offer at the moment. No argument there but as they were designed and built so can Nigeria or any other country plan and build theirs. Even Dubai was once a desert yet you'd be hard pressed to find a comparable metropolis in most other countries including South Africa.

I am looking forward to Eko Atlantic City as it has the potential to set a new standard for Nigerian and indeed African cities. That is what we Nigerians should face to be honest.

What do you mean "eko atlantic?" Is lagos the only place in Nigeria? Why not even the developments? Soon, lagos will be more populated than tokyo with this trend. . .
makydebbie:
Omo, they washed Nigeria for here oo. grin grin
Dearie Nigeria deserves the washing.
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Mariangeles(f): 5:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
RaptorX:
Developed by white people and since they gave up power in 1994 the country has been deteriorating and their politicians are as corrupt has Nigerian politicians, just look at the joke they call a president with 700+ corruption charges hanging on his neck.
and to think he's third from Nelson Mandela...
Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
plavic:

What do you mean "eko atlantic?" Is lagos the only place in Nigeria? Why not even the developments? Soon, lagos will be more populated than tokyo with this trend. . .
Are you minding the slowpoke.... Go to the beach in Durban and try same in Lagos.... See the difference

1 Like

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by londoner: 5:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
NettyNelly:
it doesn't matter if SA is beta than nigeria in all ramification, we will get there, it might take a thousand years, just like the iseralites dat sojurned for 40 years instead of few days,but they finally got to their destination, it only took time. WE WILL GET THERE IT MIGHT TAKE TYM BUT WE WILL GET TO THE END OF THE TURNEL. JUST BELIEVE ......

I BELIEVE IN NIGERIA[color=#006600][/color]

Nope, it will take more than belief. People that speak in those passive terms like "believe" or "pray" or "beg God" let me know people are not ready or realise they need to actually roll up their sleeves and get stuck in to build.

You don't wish infrastructure or good governance into being. Those roads,bridges and buildings you see in SA were built by people over generations that flocked away from their villages to BUILD railways, roads and everything else. It took generations of manpower consistently to build it.

1 Like

Re: South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City by Abagworo(m): 5:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
Nigerians don't like good environment and aesthetics as a people. The reason for recent media gang up against Okorocha is because he's trying to build a better city out of Owerri by expanding roads and putting walkways, planting trees and general facelift. Even the Ekeukwu market that is very dirty, poorly planned and sited that was moved 5 kilometers away generated so much controversy that opposition members had to kill a boy to frame security agents. I encourage him to continue even though he will not complete all but we must encourage the next Governor to add in the urban renewal until we achieve at least 50% international standard city. Right now only Abuja can compete with inteenational cities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK / Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes / Can You Allow This Okada Rider Take You To Your Destination? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.