Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,296 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy (16159 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Kriskash(m): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2017
Op i am not understanding what your meant by picture of them helping those in IDP camp,wait was it surpose to be a publicity stunt?...You should have told those that went to church and those still in church to publish the picture of them tithing in church ni..Nonsense!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Kaycee9242(m): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2017
Tithe dy pay can't buy agege bread but it can buy private jets and build universities. Keep deceiving urself
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Coldfeets: 9:38am On Dec 17, 2017
Very stingy.

That's why they can't buy my ebooks online because they'd rather like to get it for free.

That's why they can't give their friends loans to start a business.

That's why their girls base their relationship on money because their stinginess will never allow them to spend their own money.

That's why they don't pay tax but they want functional infrastructures.

That's why they keep using expired tyres instead of changing new ones every four years not minding that grave dangers associated with using expired tyres.

That's why they are always preferring to buy second hand, low grade or Chinese products because they are cheaper.

And the last but definitely not the least...

That's why they buy oversize clothes and shoes for their kids so that they won't have to buy again for years to come.

Nigerians eh...

Tufiakwa!

Ndi mkpikpi.
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Mariangeles(f): 9:39am On Dec 17, 2017
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2017
Nobody is against tithing since to you it is the most important thing in Christianity. I am all for tithing but what I am against is the Pastors who use tithes of members to acquire all manner of material wealth for themselves. Pastors who acquire private jets, guccy shoes, cars, houses, properties even when these brainwashed followers are obviously poor and in abject penury. Imagine a pastor who reported a friend to his parent that he has stopped paying tithe to his church since he was transfered to another town. Most pastors will stop visiting you as usual when you get fired from your work and could no longer fund Churches programs. These and many more tells you that Pastors are only after the money. Many of them have abandoned their calling because of money and had become prosperity preachers. In a nutshell, I support that tithes should be paid to TRUE BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH or MISSIONS and to help the needy in the Churches. These are the people who needed the money to truly spread the gospel to where they are desperately needed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2017
salvation101:
Here is the thread where the convener of free the sheeple movement threw up a challenge to all his followers https://www.nairaland.com/4215954/tithe-against-poverty-challenge-daddy
The challenge is simply to use the money they would av used for tithing in their church to help the less privileged and poor around them... To my utmost surprise, on checking the thread wch is almost a week old, all i could see there was arguments as usual. I was expecting to see pics of ppl in different Idp camps and homes of tge less privilege like dey av been advising the pastors...

Is it that freeze doesn't av faithful followership?
Is it that the so called tithe dis ppl are talking about cant even buy Agege bread?
Is it dat dis ppl are just stingy??
Am curious, wanna know
Stockholm syndrome is spreading faster than political propaganda..Smh
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2017
2019 is around the corner Nigerians won't concentrate on how to mobilize and vote in credible leaders that would make their lives better and give their lives some sense of dignity but are still masturbating on this tithe that does not build roads provide electricity or jobs for the teeming jobless people including those on naira land. Those that have made up their minds to pay tithe will still pay no matter how much noise people make about. People should concentrate on issues that would make their lives meaningful.
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Next2Bezee(m): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2017
salvation101:
Here is the thread where the convener of free the sheeple movement threw up a challenge to all his followers https://www.nairaland.com/4215954/tithe-against-poverty-challenge-daddy
The challenge is simply to use the money they would av used for tithing in their church to help the less privileged and poor around them... To my utmost surprise, on checking the thread wch is almost a week old, all i could see there was arguments as usual. I was expecting to see pics of ppl in different Idp camps and homes of tge less privilege like dey av been advising the pastors...

Is it that the so called tithe dis ppl are talking about cant even buy Agege bread?
Am curious, wanna know

So because people have started refusing to tithe towards fattening your daddy g.o, they are now stingy? You are funny.

Do you think that people that give, do so in front of a camera like your daddy g.o looking for cheap publicity? Keep deceiving yourself.

If yoy would rather pay money to a 'man of god' than help the needy, then it is you that is stingy.

Matthew 6:4 - So that your giving may be done in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Opinedecandid(m): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Oga stop derailing ur sense.

Bible said tithes should be paid to Orphan, Levites, motherless, Fatherless, and poor people generally. People who want to give them poor people should do so. They are not expected to upload proof to u.

He is simply asking you 'how many of those categories of people have u given 10% of your income to'?
Maybe non, your stinginess or unbelief is the problem, not the church.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Crea2morrow: 9:56am On Dec 17, 2017
MakeADifference:
I've always said it. Nigerians are too sharp to allow someone "collect" from them if it isn't working for them.

Anyway, let's leave this matter. We've heard their noise. But like I say, in Christianity, even the poor give. Christianity is about giving. Tithing is giving. Sowing to friends, family, etc is another giving. Sowing to orphans is another type of giving. Their rewards are DIFFERENT.

But those who call themself "controversial" and think they can score cheap popularity by attacking Christian beliefs we won't answer. We've been counselled as follows:

Proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.

Proverbs 23:9
Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, For he will despise the wisdom of your words.

Proverbs 29:9
When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, The foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest.

Please let's leave them alone. Continue to walk in your beliefs. Rather discuss with others who are of your faith, encouraging one another. That's what's profitable.

Shalom smiley

1- Thinking you're too smart to objectively seek new knowledge is fatal.

2- There's no evidence to backup the potency of tithing (Confirmation Bias- google)

3- "Only talk with people of your faith"and "anyone who doesn't share your beliefs is a fool", exactly what someone brainwashing or scamming you would say.

4- It's amazing how you and your pastors manage to avoid addressing the main points of the tithing argument every single time and resort to Barbershop Arguments.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by iamstrong(m): 9:58am On Dec 17, 2017
chinawapz:
Nigerians are too stingy, those people against tithe are either atheist, Muslim or economist if you can track them
abeggi.....Nigerians aren't stingy. It's more like saying we're now smarter and can see clearly now. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by iamstrong(m): 10:00am On Dec 17, 2017
Coldfeets:
Very stingy.

That's why they can't buy my ebooks online because they'd rather like to get it for free.

That's why they can't give their friends loans to start a business.

That's why their girls base their relationship on money because their stinginess will never allow them to spend their own money.

That's why they don't pay tax but they want functional infrastructures.

That's why they keep using expired tyres instead of changing new ones every four years not minding that grave dangers associated with using expired tyres.

That's why they are always preferring to buy second hand, low grade or Chinese products because they are cheaper.

And the last but definitely not the least...

That's why they buy oversize clothes and shoes for their kids so that they won't have to buy again for years to come.

Nigerians eh...

Tufiakwa!

Ndi mkpikpi.

please go back to Libya where u came from.....rubbish!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2017
Truth is majority didn't believe in the tithe in the first place, so no need to pay in disguise. Judaism is not Christianity. Ain't no Jew but I live by His grace. The Blood can't be in vain, tithe irrespective. Jesus is the only way to God and not tithe. He didn't take nor ask me to give tithe. Why then should I bother about the lesser things and forget the main things he asked me to do. Math. 23:23

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by obailala(m): 10:03am On Dec 17, 2017
salvation101:
u are very correct sir. Those making the fuss about tithing are simply those who are looking for justification not to tithe. Its not really about d bible but about their greed. 90% of people members in the church aren't even faithful in tithing so i wonder wat d noice is about
You are very correct, the people bringing up the argument about "tithing not being a command" are truly those who either do not tithe at all, or who do not tithe regularly, or who tithe grudgingly. But then, this is common sense logic and it should be clear why these are the set of people complaining.

First and foremost, to correct your impression above, it has nothing to do with greed. Money is a scarce commodity and everyone has 1001 things they need money for. Refusing to give to Mr A, but using the funds to settle other personal needs does not make a man greedy; tagging it greed is quite a shallow interpretation.

Secondly, you would then ask why non-tithers shouldnt just shut-up and mind their business if they dont want to tithe. Once again, this is common sense logic; you cannot pass judgment on a man, attack his piousness and empty a drum of guilt on his head everyday and still expect him to keep calm. The reason the tithing debate is on is because the non-tithers and partial tithers are sick and tired of the constant judgement and feeling of guilt imposed on them by tithe preachers and other tithe payers who feel more holy and label others as 'greedy' (just like the pharisees of old); it's only commonsensical logic for those attacked constantly and tagged names like 'greedy' 'robbers' 'accursed' etc to feel defensive. This is moreso at a time when some persons have just recently taken the pain to dig deep into the scriptures and proven that the tithing which has been a basis to perpetually keep non-tithing believers in the bondage of guilt is in fact and indeed, not a scriptural command of God to new covenant believers.

Cc: spartan117

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 17, 2017
Stingy ? The people who are stingy are the thieving pastors who collect a bogus tithe to fund a luxurious lifestyle for themselves while advancing their own kingdom on earth.

If you keep paying tithes to these charlatans, despite all the exposition and exegesis of scripture on the tithe, you are either dumb, grossly deceived or one of the thieving pastors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 17, 2017
charismaticdave:
You don't use stealing by trick to convince people to give you money.

As someone has rightly said, some of the development of the churches ain't from the 10 Naira tithe of the members.

Some churches have zombied their members that if they don't tithe, they are badder than the devil.

Why will someone call you to come and help pray for a deceased and the first thing you ask is when he was alive, has he/she been paying tithe. If not, they should go and pay all till date before you can come and pray for the deceased.

What's that called

Are you serious about this?
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by virus05(m): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2017
maryjames9:
Nobody is against tithing since to you it is the most important thing in Christianity. I am all for tithing but what I am against is the Pastors who use tithes of members to acquire all manner of material wealth for themselves. Pastors who acquire private jets, guccy shoes, cars, houses, properties even when these brainwashed followers are obviously poor and in abject penury. Imagine a pastor who reported a friend to his parent that he has stopped paying tithe to his church since he was transfered to another town. Most pastors will stop visiting you as usual when you get fired from your work and could no longer fund Churches programs. These and many more tells you that Pastors are only after the money. Many of them have abandoned their calling because of money and had become prosperity preachers. In a nutshell, I support that tithes should be paid to TRUE BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH or MISSIONS. These are the people who needed the money to truly spread the gospel to where they are desperately needed.

Please what evidence do you have that it's tithe they use to acquire those things? If no evidence then shut the Bleep up. Do you know how many millionaires/billionaires meets the pastor after service to give the pastor millions of naira/cars/clothes? Dey dere dey deceive urself. You dont goto church so you cant know what happens there. Fyi, one man built a church of 1 billion naira for winners chapel. So i dont know what you think these guys cant buy for their pastors. My uncle that is just an evangelist he dosent even have a church and he has gotten cars from diff people and not too long ago someone bought him 6 quality suits not to talk of adeboye/oyedepo or other bigger pastors
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by addikt(m): 10:11am On Dec 17, 2017
Nigerians that does not have , now they are the ones that are stingy ??...CAN YOU GIVE WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE ?...
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by paxonel(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2017
salvation101:

Am curious, wanna know
Ok, you want to see it on nairaland abi?
Its stingy people thinks like that .
They want every good they do to people to be announced

1 Like

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Coldfeets: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2017
iamstrong:
please go back to Libya where u came from.....rubbish!!!

Hahaha

Look at this stingy being!
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 17, 2017
virus05:

Please what evidence do you have that it's tithe they use to acquire those things? If no evidence then shut the Bleep up. Do you know how many millionaires/billionaires meets the pastor after service to give the pastor millions of naira? Dey dere dey deceive urself. You dont goto church so you cant know what happens there. Fyi, one man built a church of 1 billion naira for winners chapel. So i dont know what you think these guys cant buy for their pastors. My uncle that is just an evangelist he dosent even have a church and he has gotten cars from diff people talkless of adeboye/oyedepo or other bigger pastors

Yes, they use tithes, offerings, donations from corrupt politicians and businessmen etc to amass illegal wealth for their own benefit. Your pastors are robbers and thieves and their judgment will not be delayed.

People like you who think that you can be made rich by tithing are seriously deluded.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by virus05(m): 10:18am On Dec 17, 2017
paxonel:

Ok, you want to see it on nairaland abi?
Its stingy people thinks like that .
They want every good they do to people to be announced

Yes. And you want everything pastors do with the tithes to be announced
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Estellar: 10:18am On Dec 17, 2017
[b][/b]
charismaticdave:

Why will someone call you to come and help pray for a deceased and the first thing you ask is when he was alive, has he/she been paying tithe. If[code][/code] not, they should go and pay all till date before you can come and pray for the deceased.

What's that called
for real??

1 Like

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by virus05(m): 10:21am On Dec 17, 2017
frosbel2:

Yes, they use tithes, offerings, donations from corrupt politicians and businessmen etc to amass illegal wealth for their own benefit. Your pastors are robbers and thieves and their judgment will not be delayed.

People like you who think that you can be made rich by tithing are seriously deluded.

Okay. It doesent stop me from tithing sorry. I have more than enough to tithe. I'm not poor like you. I'm rich already . At 20 God has blessed me and i'm happy tithing. money is not my problem. God is awesome to me. smiley
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Theakthedream: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2017
salvation101:
imagine d ill logic.. If av not been tithing den why d need to educate me not to tithe? U can see how skewed ur logic is huh. If u say d way am doing it is wrong den show evidence dat u r doing it d right way. Else u r just like ur daddy freeze. A noise maker dat just talk for talking sake
We are still waiting for your proof.. Hypocrite

Show us proof that you have been paying tithes too..

1 Like

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by paxonel(m): 10:28am On Dec 17, 2017
virus05:

Yes. And you want everything pastors do with the tithes to be announced
What's my business?
I don't give a dawn, is it my money? grin
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 17, 2017
virus05:

Please what evidence do you have that it's tithe they use to acquire those things? If no evidence then shut the Bleep up. Do you know how many millionaires/billionaires meets the pastor after service to give the pastor millions of naira/cars/clothes? Dey dere dey deceive urself. You dont goto church so you cant know what happens there. Fyi, one man built a church of 1 billion naira for winners chapel. So i dont know what you think these guys cant buy for their pastors. My uncle that is just an evangelist he dosent even have a church and he has gotten cars from diff people and not too long ago someone bought him 6 quality suits not to talk of adeboye/oyedepo or other bigger pastors
How many suits, cars have these bunch of brainwashed pips got for their parents. Family members in need? I am sure nothing. Just a year ago, a pastor announced saying God asked him to call 5 financial members in the church to come out and redeem their lives cos he claimed one of them will die before the ending of that year. My brother, they came out and donate millions for his new car. believe the eyes of people who give cars, houses to your God of men will soon clear when the trumpet sound and all your material wealth that has been acquired at the detriment of your church members salvation will be required from them. Off to church.

1 Like

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 17, 2017
virus05:

Okay. It doesent stop me from tithing sorry. I have more than enough to tithe. I'm not poor like you. I'm rich already . At 20 God has blessed me and i'm happy tithing. So money is not my problem.

Lol. There are many who do not tithe and are younger and richer than you. Tithing does not bring blessings, use your brain !! smiley

7 Likes

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by justseyi(m): 10:33am On Dec 17, 2017
This tithe matter again!!! Just because people want to know how their money is being spent doesn't make them stingy

Join this growing student forum. There you can interact. Get academic assistance and also Trade. Sign up today!

www.studentvillage.one

1 Like

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by justseyi(m): 10:35am On Dec 17, 2017
frosbel2:

Lol. There are many who do not tithe and are younger and richer than you. Tithing does not bring blessings, use your brain !! smiley

True, I believe that it should be a mind thing. If I want to tithe that's between me and god. If I don't want to that's my business, this thread on what to do and what not to do isn't sickening

Join this growing student forum. There you can interact. Get academic assistance and also Trade. Sign up today!

www.studentvillage.one
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by virus05(m): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2017
frosbel2:

I dont care if it bring blessings or not. I'm happy tithing. Its my money
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by justseyi(m): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2017
paxonel:

What's my business?
I don't give a dawn, is it my money? grin

Better person wink

www.studentvillage.one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

God And His Angels. / Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before / How Good Is God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.