Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” (18823 Views)

Reno Omokri To Buhari: You Are Always In Shock, We Don't Need A Shock Absorber / Reno Omokri To Indimi: You Can't Flaunt Private Jets When Surrounded By Poverty / Lazy Youths: What Job Does Your Son Do? - Reno Omokri To President Buhari(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2017
I remember Charley Boy specifically said Pastors and Politicians, this dude trying to be on the good side of christians
An ex-Nigerian politician preaching morals shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by mofedamijo(m): 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2017
kimbraa:
Too much sense on one post. Total knockout.
I wonder what the elected politicians would be doing if their duties are now performed by pastors. Enemies of the church.
Ali modu sheriff former governor of Bornu state owns 4 private jets,and u find almajiris everywhere in the state.....na pastor wey get ministration for 15 counties in a month na hin dem dey see,some times flight re cancelled,sometimes fullybooked,sometimes delayed.......dont go and hold ur government accountable,whether pastor force u write cheque...

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by jericco1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2017
please when will the fuel scarcity end
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Abudu2000(m): 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2017
Tt
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Swaggzkid: 2:03pm On Dec 14, 2017
These two shouldn't be talking....
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by ghostntommy: 2:03pm On Dec 14, 2017
Its such a pity that we have gotten to this level as a country.

We now expect the churches to perform the primary role of government.

The primary responsibility of a government is to see to the WELFARE of its citizens.

Lets think with our senses for once without having to allow emotions rile us of the truth at hand. Why should it be the responsibility of a pastor to fix my road, provide scholarships, build hospitals? Why?

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Jaguntemmy(m): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
specimen23:
Thank you for your post Reno. People should start understanding what accountability is. The church is accoutable to God, while the government is accountable to you. Nobody forces anybody to give, and if you think you are pressurised, you can keep your money to yourself.Government is formed to organise societies, thats not the role of the church. The only thing the church can do is support, and they are already doing that, but the media will not show the good deeds done by the church. In church, we learn values, that helps us to become better in our relationship with people, which eventually creates a society that is condusive for peace nd prosperity.
YOU FOOLISH DIE
THE HARDWARE IS ACCOUNTABLE TO A SOFTWARE.
AND TOMORROW ADEBOYE WILL ANNOUNCE JESUS NEED 120 MILLION. AS IF JESUS WON CAMPAIGN FOR PDP CHAIRMAN

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Timhigher(m): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
Threebear:
Charley boy is nothing but a joke.
The same man that can't even help his family is busy forming an activist.
To us he's nothing other than a nudist, that had a relatively mild success in the early 90's .
Get psychological help and fix your life mr oputa, no one takes you seriously.
must u talk about his past
everyone has his/her past

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by HeyCorleone(m): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
chriskosherbal:
This is my point I sincerely have no issues with these men of GOD Buying private jets because people are claiming they are milking thier church members dry to acquire this assets.

They never forced anybody to give or put a gun on thier head to pay thier tithe and offering. You Can Choose not to.

But my issue is with these elected politicians charged with the responsibility of making the country better. As it is, they are supposed to be serving us the masses and doing our bidding, and making our life better. That is thier function by LAW.

How much are they paid as salaries that they can afford private jets??

Mr Charly boy channel your anger to most of these selfish and self centered politicians not men of GOD.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

In all sincerity, what does a pastor need a private jet for?

I don't think Charlie Boy is making a connection between pastors and our lack of a national airliner, rather he's saying most of these pastors are just as corrupt as these politicians we heavily criticize..

Go to very advanced countries. The men of God there don't enjoy 1/10th of what some of these GOs enjoy here, talkless of Private Jet. So isn't it stupid, that Nigeria, one of the poorest countries from a continent that contributes just merely over 2% of the total global GDP, that such a country has men of God who have private jets while the country doesn't have a national Carrier. Surely something is amiss.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by passyhansome(m): 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2017
CANAL MEN IS ALL I SEE, THANKS RENE JOOR
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 14, 2017
There are still some good ones
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Walelavender(m): 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2017
Don't mind the clueless ones always blaming the failure of the Nigerian state on the Church- Face your inept and rotten leaders.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
Only God shud judge.
Pple shud stop attackn pastors o,
Only God knows d real ones
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by lonelydora: 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
Blakjewelry:
90% of Nigerian pastors are so whats the point

Get your statistics right, bro.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by HeyCorleone(m): 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2017
mofedamijo:

Ali modu sheriff former governor of Bornu state owns 4 private jets,and u find almajiris everywhere in the state.....na pastor wey get ministration for 15 counties in a month na hin dem dey see,some times flight re cancelled,sometimes fullybooked,sometimes delayed.......dont go and hold ur government accountable,whether pastor force u write cheque...

Your reasons for a pastor owning a private jet are very childish.

So if his flight gets cancelled or gets delayed, how deadly are the implications? Who gets to die because a pastor on his way got delayed?

People like you look for grounds to exonerate these people and it's not very good. Now you said a Governor has 4 PJs with almajiris littered around his state. So? Some of these pastors with private jets have very very poor members who out of the little they're given still save to give as tithe or offering without seeing anything in return.

I daresay the pastor has a civic duty to perform for his members. Why then did Jesus feed the 5000? Why didn't He send them away after all they had a Governor?!

The very moment we agree that some of these MOGs ate corrupt, half our problem is solved.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by HeyCorleone(m): 2:16pm On Dec 14, 2017
ghostntommy:

The primary responsibility of a government is to see to the WELFARE of its citizens.

Lets think with our senses for once without having to allow emotions rile us of the truth at hand. Why should it be the responsibility of a pastor to fix my road, provide scholarships, build hospitals? Why?

When I see stupid statements like this, I can't help but feel sorry for Nigeria. It shows we have a very long way to do.

Maybe you don't know, but most of the old hospitals in Europe and America were built by Churches. They offered free education in their universities. The performed corporate social responsibilities. These things still happen. Don't governments exists?

If the government does its bit, and the church does theirs, we'd move way forward.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by dahunsy(f): 2:17pm On Dec 14, 2017
Coughs***clears throat# first time Reno is making sense
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Edelweiss44: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2017
Blakjewelry:
90% of Nigerian pastors are so whats the point

Because you personally conducted the census to determine the exact figure after having attended the over 100,000 churches in existence in Nigeria to arrive at the figure. Later your type will be the first to complain of racism and bad treatment from foreigners to Nigerians outside this country when you travel outside and Americans say "all Nigerians are fraudsters and drug dealers" just because they are assuming based on a number of Nigerians who have been caught in those acts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by AZeD1(m): 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2017
Walelavender:
Don't mind the clueless ones always blaming the failure of the Nigerian state on the Church- Face your inept and rotten leaders.
The church is supposed to influence the State.

Nigerian politicians attend Nigerian churches so if the politicians are corrupt, you have to ask what they learnt in church.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by slowice(m): 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2017
There's no connection whatsoever between pastors living large and Nigeria failing..... If we want Nigerians to live quality lives then we must forget about tribe n religion and make our politicians perform their duties effectively using whatever means. But see how we ve diverted our attention to private businesses while our public servants are looting the country dry. The combine wealth of the biggest Nigerian churches is up to what a few of our politicians ve actually looted in the last 6 years.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Mirallas: 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2017
chriskosherbal:
This is my point I sincerely have no issues with these men of GOD Buying private jets because people are claiming they are milking thier church members dry to acquire this assets.

They never forced anybody to give or put a gun on thier head to pay thier tithe and offering. You Can Choose not to.

But my issue is with these elected politicians charged with the responsibility of making the country better. As it is, they are supposed to be serving us the masses and doing our bidding, and making our life better. That is thier function by LAW.

How much are they paid as salaries that they can afford private jets??

Mr Charly boy channel your anger to most of these selfish and self centered politicians not men of GOD.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Have u ever heard of charismatic authority and its effect in politics?
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Edelweiss44: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Your reasons for a pastor owning a private jet are very childish.

So if his flight gets cancelled or gets delayed, how deadly are the implications? Who gets to die because a pastor on his way got delayed?

People like you look for grounds to exonerate these people and it's not very good. Now you said a Governor has 4 PJs with almajiris littered around his state. So? Some of these pastors with private jets have very very poor members who out of the little they're given still save to give as tithe or offering without seeing anything in return.

I daresay the pastor has a civic duty to perform for his members. Why then did Jesus feed the 5000? Why didn't He send them away after all they had a Governor?!

The very moment we agree that some of these MOGs ate corrupt, half our problem is solved.

You sound like one of those bullies in school who only enjoy going after soft targets. in this case, pastors. Why don't you face the politicians you elected? Is there a law in the constitution saying Pastors should not buy jets? if you can buy it when you have the money, why can't they? you complain cos you're broke and you are envious of the pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by larrybee2017(f): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
We really got the change APC promised us I must confess today. A change from comon sense to senseless talk. A change from adulthood to being a toodler, a change from everything call reasonable to what will make you wonder and scream, what is happening to Nigerians.
If Charley boy of all with so much Grammer could reason this way, then I give up on this nation. Do you know how many people your bike money will feed. Common sense no longer common and that is the real change.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by opribo(m): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
They ruined the Nigeria Airways, ruined our NNSL, ruined our railway, ruined, our universities,ruined our NTA, ruined our airports and seaports, and many more.
All so that they can have it all to themselves.

The politicians have a name let's not be afraid to mention their names so that we the youths can go and collect back what they stole from Nigeria. We can't continue be crying and shouting on social media while the real enemies are moving using our monies they stole to harass us.

Give us the list of their names and watch the revolution begin. We shall match to their houses one by one and do it the youthful way.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Mirallas: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2017
ghostntommy:

Actually, the government includes everybody including you,me and even the pastors, and moreover the pastor possess some form of charismatic authority that can be harness for the development of the country in some implicit relationship.so in some way and I dare to some large extent they are fault.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by linearity: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
kimbraa:
I wonder what the elected politicians would be doing if their duties are now performed by pastors. Enemies of the church.

These same pastors are aiding and betting these politicians by giving them cover and recognition in their various churches.

Do you imagine that Jesus, whom these pastors are professing to follow and imitate, will have these politicians under his church or audience and never look them in the face and said:

‘woe unto thee politicians and polithieves, you plunger the public coffers and squander the nation’s resources on your selfish pursuits’

‘woe unto thee governors, for you refuse to pay workers salaries and pensions and suppress them when they speak up, the hottest portion of hell is reserve for you’

These pastors are suppose to be the conscience of our nation, rather they are dinning and winning Ng with the oppressors of the people, who constantly cry to God for vengeance, judgement & retribution against their oppressors.

Throughout the Bible, each time the children of God are oppressed, the Men of God in those generation always rise up to rebuke those in power and the oppressors...these examples are littered in the Bible from cover to cover. But the ‘Men of God’ are made of a different kind, they list after vain glory, riches and recognitions, forsaking the reason for which they were called.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2017
chriskosherbal:

A question for you.....

The Yahoo boys who liter everywhere today.....

Did they put a gun to the maga's head to handout their wealth?

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by pmc01(m): 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2017
kimbraa:

Why should your pastors be pocketing tithes that exceed conventional tax rates if they are not responsible for economic empowerment of their members? You're trying to be clever by half.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by pmc01(m): 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
A question for you.....

The Yahoo boys who liter everywhere today.....

Did they put a gun to the maga's head to handout their wealth?

I second you.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by HeyCorleone(m): 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2017
Edelweiss44:

You sound like one of those bullies in school who only enjoy going after soft targets. in this case, pastors. Why don't you face the politicians you elected? Is there a law in the constitution saying Pastors should not buy jets? if you can buy it when you have the money, why can't they? you complain cos you're broke and you are envious of the pastors.

Lol. You must obviously be a kid. Your reasoning is very poor.

And people who go after politicians are bullies who go after hard target?! C'mon man.

Lemme break things down.

Pastors, like politicians are in charge of public money. The politicians receive tax from citizens. The pastor receive tithe and offerings from members. Basically we're told tithes and offerings perform the same function as the tax we pay to the government. How? Tax is used for the smooth running and maintenance of the country in the same way tithes and offerings, as we're told these days, are used for the smooth running and maintenance of the Church.

A Politician with a government office has a salary which we know is not that much but buys himself a private jet. Boom. All hell lets lose. The first thing we think of is corruption. "oh he must have embezzled", we cry.

But when a pastor with no other source of livelihood apart from his church buys a private jet. Sshhh. Everyone is quiet. "God has blessed him", we say. Because he used the money meant for running the church go satisfy his penchant?!

The government as well as pastors are both accountable. It's very unfair to always criticize politicians and place pastors in a shroud of untouchableness.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Walelavender(m): 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2017
AZeD1:

The church is supposed to influence the State.

Nigerian politicians attend Nigerian churches so if the politicians are corrupt, you have to ask what they learnt in church.
It baffles me when you mention the Church as if it's not playing its role. Nigeria is a secular state. We are not all Christians for God sake! The activities of few self-called-belly-driven ministers can't be overemphasized. You can't just rub-it on our faces as if the Church is the problem- The government is!

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by rose54321: 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2017
The guy made too much sense.
He captured my thought exactly.
There's no correlation between someone having a private jet and the country not having a national Carrier. Ko make sense.

I respect Area dada, but his messed up this time.

It's annoying me sefz instead to query politicians that have private jets and trust me we have many, we are focusing on hard working pastors.

If it's easy you sef open church and buy private jet. Rubbish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayelsa Guber: Sylva, Oshiomole Aided Our Victory – PDP / Beautiful Pictures From Peter Obi's Presidential Campaign Rally In Jos / Rotimi Amaechi Denies Bribing Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.