Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,644 members, 7,955,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:22 PM

Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” (19085 Views)

Reno Omokri To Buhari: You Are Always In Shock, We Don't Need A Shock Absorber / Reno Omokri To Indimi: You Can't Flaunt Private Jets When Surrounded By Poverty / Lazy Youths: What Job Does Your Son Do? - Reno Omokri To President Buhari(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Yyeske(m): 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2017
salvation101:
do u av any other thing to say apart from tithing? Do u care to tell us where d bible said pastors shouldn't own private jet?
Answer my question first
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Keneeby(m): 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2017
yeyerolling:
most pastors are conmen fact

May be you have a pastor in your family who is a conman
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Keneeby(m): 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2017
Daddyp freezer where are you
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Edelweiss44: 7:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
Blakjewelry:

yeah I have foreigners say rubbish about us and yes it hurt but most of the time its the truth because it is a real story from real people so spare me all that sentimental bs

So why don't you agree completely with them that "ALL Nigerians are fraudsters"? oh I see! who knows......you just might be one of the fraudsters or at least a dishonest person, and that's why it doesn't hurt you so much when you are grouped with the bad eggs. No honest person would enjoy being classed as dishonest because even the bible says in proverbs "a good name is better than silver and gold". Pls note it: some of us hate dishonesty!
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by ebenholer(m): 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2017
Count it an insult if when non-believers(non church goers) like Charly Boy/ DaddyFreeze is telling u about ur God or how to serve ur God.
It is high time God shut their mouth for them
The fact is that nigerians still want their spiritual leaders to come to them begging while the same leaders pray for their prosperity.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2017
Statsocial:

Of course you can. Just edit any grammatical or punctuation error that you find. I didn't really have time to go through it.

Thank you
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by mystiquemaestro(m): 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2017
Yyeske:
Are Christians supposed to pay tithes is the question, anybody has the right to flount his wealth

No Pastor has ever placed a gun to anyone's head to pay tithe. Tithe is a choice, a decision by free-thinking adults.

Christians are supposed to pay tithe. It's a decision. If you can't pay it, then no need raising alarm.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by lilcozy001: 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2017
EFCC will no longer spare corrupt Nigerians – Magu explodes

The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu has said the Commission will stop at nothing in dealing decisively with any worker in the aviation sector involved in acts of corruption.

Magu gave the warning on Thursday at the anti-corruption sensitization programme organized by the EFCC for the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and other aviation sector workers in Abuja.

According to him, the warning was necessary due to the series of reported cases of corruption in the aviation sector, ranging from misuse of funds, bribery, extortion, to abuse of authority by officials at the airports.

He asserted that the EFCC, as the agency mandated to fight corruption in Nigeria, was determined more than ever before to rid all government Ministries, Departments and Agencies of all forms of fraudulent activities.

Read more here: http://www.naijatrending.com.ng/breaking-news/efcc-will-no-longer-spare-corrupt-nigerians-magu-explodes/

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Shiko77: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2017
HeyCorleone:

By God changing their story you mean gaining more members that their offerings and tithe now swells? Lol. Please let's not let to mince words.

The Pastor is. both accountable to God and his members. Unfortunately most of these men are not because most of their members, as simple minded as you, believe it's not their business to know what he does with their money.

That is a very stupid way of reasoning. Desist from it.
No bro u got it all wrong...I mean people getting blessed under his ministration and sowing into the life of their pastor..am a member of Christ embassy and there are people who partner with the church with over 500 million naira annually..and most of them came to the church wearing bathroom slippers..right nw they don't knw wat is recession and they pity Daddy freeze wen they hear him talk..if God opens ur eyes to see the blessings associated with giving in the house of God..u wud knw devil wants to use Freeze to deny people dat..whatever the pastor does with the money he wud answer to God..

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Blakjewelry(m): 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2017
Edelweiss44:

So why don't you agree completely with them that "ALL Nigerians are fraudsters"? oh I see! who knows......you just might be one of the fraudsters or at least a dishonest person, and that's why it doesn't hurt you so much when you are grouped with the bad eggs. No honest person would enjoy being classed as dishonest because even the bible says in proverbs "a good name is better than silver and gold". Pls note it: some of us hate dishonesty!
if you are honest as you claimed then I don't see any reason for you quoting me otherwise or perhaps you are one those honest guys that won't let logic and reason guide them rather let religious sentiment govern their thought
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 14, 2017
Xisnin:

It is the same illogicality that is helping the church business, had an
average African been logical they won't slave their life away serving
some god of men for an imaginary reward.

As long as most Africans remain educationally-challenged, the church
will have a field day milking them dry.
Lol you talk without any support whatsoever. Copeland's church is a 13,000 strong pentecostal church in Texas, Osteen is at 90,000 membership in Texas, Creflo Dollar is at 30,000 or so in same USA, Joseph prince is 25,000 in Singapore(one of worlds richest churches) so pls try again.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Themandator: 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2017
HeyCorleone:

In all sincerity, what does a pastor need a private jet for?

I don't think Charlie Boy is making a connection between pastors and our lack of a national airliner, rather he's saying most of these pastors are just as corrupt as these politicians we heavily criticize..

Go to very advanced countries. The men of God there don't enjoy 1/10th of what some of these GOs enjoy here, talkless of Private Jet. So isn't it stupid, that Nigeria, one of the poorest countries from a continent that contributes just merely over 2% of the total global GDP, that such a country has men of God who have private jets while the country doesn't have a national Carrier. Surely something is amiss.

Do you know how many branches of winners chapel that is the USA and Canada alone? Those men of God in those your so called advanced counties don't have ministes outside their countries so don't need a jet.

Winners is present in over sixty countries of the world and the founder ministers in not less than 12 counties monthly. ..I stated countries not churches
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by alukstea(m): 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2017
hakeem4:
No the title should be not all conmen are pastors

There is absolutely too much sense in this post. God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by shugaboy6102(m): 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2017
God bless you .
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Xisnin(m): 2:16am On Dec 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol you talk without any support whatsoever. Copeland's church is a 13,000 strong pentecostal church in Texas, Osteen is at 90,000 membership in Texas, Creflo Dollar is at 30,000 or so in same USA, Joseph prince is 25,000 in Singapore(one of worlds richest churches) so pls try again.

How does this address the illogicalities required for a person to slave for men of god?
Are you implying that America is entirely composed of rational people?
On what basis do you make such an assumption?

For your information, America has a large segment of anti-intellectual citizens especially
the rural folks, so it is no surprise that there are significant church-devoted populations
in some areas.
How can some part of America be anti-intellectual and at the same time be a leader in scientific
and technological innovations, you ask?
The answer lies with the Bell-curve and the exceptional immigrants that America attracts
from all over the world.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 15, 2017
Xisnin:

How does this address the illogicalities required for a person to slave for men of god?
Are you implying that America is entirely composed of rational people?
On what basis do you make such an assumption?

For your information, America has a large segment of anti-intellectual citizens especially
the rural folks, so it is no surprise that there are significant church-devoted populations
in some areas.
How can some part of America be anti-intellectual and at the same time be a leader in scientific
and technological innovations, you ask?
The answer lies with the Bell-curve and the exceptional immigrants that America attracts
from all over the world.
You kept talking as though it is only blacks that are into religion. A cheap ploy many idiots here are using to deceive many.

Houston is not rural, Singapore is not rural, Dallas isn't rural yet Christianity thrives over there. Christianity can thrive anywhere if the right vessel is present.

You mentioned immigrants lol are most American immigrants not religious? You really do not have a point. Men like Thomas Edison, Isaac Newton where remarkable scientists of their time yet lovers of God! So your attempt to peg religion and intellectual inferiority together is DOA
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 15, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Your reasons for a pastor owning a private jet are very childish.

So if his flight gets cancelled or gets delayed, how deadly are the implications? Who gets to die because a pastor on his way got delayed?

People like you look for grounds to exonerate these people and it's not very good. Now you said a Governor has 4 PJs with almajiris littered around his state. So? Some of these pastors with private jets have very very poor members who out of the little they're given still save to give as tithe or offering without seeing anything in return.

I daresay the pastor has a civic duty to perform for his members. Why then did Jesus feed the 5000? Why didn't He send them away after all they had a Governor?!

The very moment we agree that some of these MOGs ate corrupt, half our problem is solved.
It is our money and our choice to spend it as we will. I have no problem with some pastor buying a jet with my money so what is ur business exactly?
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 15, 2017
HeyCorleone:

When I see stupid statements like this, I can't help but feel sorry for Nigeria. It shows we have a very long way to do.

Maybe you don't know, but most of the old hospitals in Europe and America were built by Churches. They offered free education in their universities. The performed corporate social responsibilities. These things still happen. Don't governments exists?

If the government does its bit, and the church does theirs, we'd move way forward.
Lol you are either ignorant or deliberately deceiving people. Show me one christian university that is free in the western world. Be it Uni of Notre Dame, Villanova university, Loyola Marymount uni, Oral Roberts Uni, Regeant uni, Georgetown uni, Yonsei uni, leeward uni, Pepperdine uni etc mention any of those Christian universities that are free. several of them are times more expensive than Nigerian universities so pls keep quiet.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by alhajisocrates: 6:24am On Dec 15, 2017
ibrahxx123:
Area Fada, Charly Boy, yesterday berated the numbers of privates jets owned by the Men Of God and politicians alike in spite of the country lacking a national air carrier.

He wrote, “What a shame, Nigeria don’t even have a national air carrier yet there are over 100 private jets owned by con men/pastors called men of God and thieves called Leaders/politicians. May the revolution consume the bastards.”

Reno Omokri in his response has questioned the Area Fada the connection between Nigeria not having a national carrier and pastors having private jets. He said the blame should rather be alluded to politicians who have ruined the Nigerian Airways.

See his tweet below

http://thekennysblog.com/2017/12/14/not-pastors-conmen-reno-omokri-replies-charly-boy-bitterness-state-nigeria-aviation-sector-attack-pastors-using-private-jets/

Total ballistic knockout
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by hakeem4(m): 7:08am On Dec 15, 2017
emusmithy:

From your moniker; are you a Musleeem?
nope

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Yyeske(m): 7:37am On Dec 15, 2017
salvation101:
do u av any other thing to say apart from tithing? Do u care to tell us where d bible said pastors shouldn't own private jet?
Read this and all Bible verses quoted.

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/TheTitheisIllegal.html
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Yyeske(m): 7:42am On Dec 15, 2017
mystiquemaestro:

No Pastor has ever placed a gun to anyone's head to pay tithe. Tithe is a choice, a decision by free-thinking adults.

Christians are supposed to pay tithe. It's a decision. If you can't pay it, then no need raising alarm.
Are Christians supposed to pay tithes?
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Yyeske(m): 7:45am On Dec 15, 2017
Themandator:

Do you know how many branches of winners chapel that is the USA and Canada alone? Those men of God in those your so called advanced counties don't have ministes outside their countries so don't need a jet.

Winners is present in over sixty countries of the world and the founder ministers in not less than 12 counties monthly. ..I stated countries not churches
How many chariots or donkeys or even horses did Jesus have when he was on earth preaching upandan?
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by russellino: 8:06am On Dec 15, 2017
Yyeske:
How many chariots or donkeys or even horses did Jesus have when he was on earth preaching upandan?

Jesus did not physically venture beyond Israel. Before he left earth he told his disciples that they would do exploits even more than what he did. He told them to carry the gospel to all the corners of the earth. Donkeys and canoes would hardly do the job today bro
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 15, 2017
Yyeske:
Read this and all Bible verses quoted.

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/TheTitheisIllegal.html
why do u think i would wanna read anything u share? Wen all u think about is reasons y u shouldn't pay tithe. Even if u say it is wrong to pay tithe, is it also wrong to pay offerings? Do u know offering is not even a fixed percentage? Do u know someppl offering exceed d tithe dey pay? U r busy here majoring on minors. Wat has d topic even got to do with tithing?
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Jaguntemmy(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2017
Shiko77:

My brother open ur own church..GOs deserve more private Jets and u deserve more micro phone to keep criticizing
SEE HOW YOU VALUE CHURCHES TO INDUSTRIES
SOON YOU YOU GO COMPLAIN OF ECONOMIC GROWTH
HOW MANY PEOPLE REDEEM DON EMPLOY
SCREAM THE NAME OF JESUS DOES NOT HEAL HEADACHE
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Xisnin(m): 10:31am On Dec 15, 2017
Statsocial:

You kept talking as though it is only blacks that are into religion. A cheap ploy many idiots here are using to deceive many.
Where in my post did I mention blacks?
I can't believe you are conflating largely ignorant communities which
exists anywhere in the world with black communities.

The default state of ignorant people with sub-par exposure is to embrace
religion even over their own personal convenience.

As to the idiots deceiving people, we all know those who enslave
others by promising them imaginary rewards while enjoying earthly
rewards themselves. I refer to such people as cunning idiots.

Houston is not rural, Singapore is not rural, Dallas isn't rural yet Christianity thrives over there. Christianity can thrive anywhere if the right vessel is present.
Practical christianity and every other religion only thrives in largely ignorant ill-educated societies.
Even if 100% of a population identify as christians, it actually says nothing about their religiosity.
If you find a highly religious community, you just stumbled upon a regressive and ignorant one.

You mentioned immigrants lol are most American immigrants not religious? You really do not have a point. Men like Thomas Edison, Isaac Newton where remarkable scientists of their time yet lovers of God! So your attempt to peg religion and intellectual inferiority together is DOA
When I mentioned immigrants, I am not referring to the bottom dwellers but
most high achievers.
It seems you confuse identifying with a particular religion as the same as being
religious.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
Xisnin:

Where in my post did I mention blacks?
I can't believe you are conflating largely ignorant communities which
exists anywhere in the world with black communities.

The default state of ignorant people with sub-par exposure is to embrace
religion even over their own personal convenience.

As to the idiots deceiving people, we all know those who enslave
others by promising them imaginary rewards while enjoying earthly
rewards themselves. I refer to such people as cunning idiots.

Practical christianity and every other religion only thrives in largely ignorant ill-educated societies.
Even if 100% of a population identify as christians, it actually says nothing about their religiosity.
If you find a highly religious community, you just stumbled upon a regressive and ignorant one.

When I mentioned immigrants, I am not referring to the bottom dwellers but
most high achievers.
It seems you confuse identifying with a particular religion as the same as being
religious.
Lol aren't you funny now. I gave you examples of Denominations thriving in well advanced economies and you are still going round circles.

How is an average Nigerian Catholic more religious than an Irish Catholic.
How is a Nigerian Anglican more Religious than a British Anglican
How is a Nigerian Pentecostal more religious than an American own

The mistake some of you make is to compare African Pentecostalism with European Orthodoxy and try to make a direct comparison on religiousity. However when you compare European Catholism with Nigerian Catholism you would discover there is little dinstiction in the level of religiousity. When you compare African Pentecostalism with American Pentecostalism you would see there is little difference.

I dare say the typical Irish catholic is even more radical than the Nigerian one, they wouldn't even allow hospitals carry out abortions even when life is involved. The typical American Evangelical are extremely Prolife, ProIsreal and Anti LGBT.

My point here is there is no peculiarity with Nigerian Christianity apart from the developed Nations.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Xisnin(m): 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol aren't you funny now. I gave you examples of Denominations thriving in well advanced economies and you are still going round circles.

How is an average Nigerian Catholic more religious than an Irish Catholic.
How is a Nigerian Anglican more Religious than a British Anglican
How is a Nigerian Pentecostal more religious than an American own
When you understand the meaning of Identity, you should come back
with a reply. I have muslim friends who don't go to mosque and also
christian friends who could care less about sunday service.
Religiosity and Identity is not so difficult a concept to grasp is it?

The mistake some of you make is to compare African Pentecostalism with European Orthodoxy and try to make a direct comparison on religiousity. However when you compare European Catholism with Nigerian Catholism you would discover there is little dinstiction in the level of religiousity. When you compare African Pentecostalism with American Pentecostalism you would see there is little difference.
If by catholicism and pentecostalism , you mean the book definition, then there is no
difference but in practical terms, they couldn't be more difference.
For a large percentage of Europeans, I am a christian is as meaningless as saying I am Igbo, it tells
you nothing about that particular person.

I dare say the typical Irish catholic is even more radical than the Nigerian one, they wouldn't even allow hospitals carry out abortions even when life is involved. The typical American Evangelical are extremely Prolife, ProIsreal and Anti LGBT.

My point here is there is no peculiarity with Nigerian Christianity apart from the developed Nations.

Context is everything, an Irish catholic being radical is a product of political competition
and not as a result of deeper faith.

Remember, my initial submission was that large scale religiosity is a product of illogicalities
everywhere in the world. You are employing straw man argument by trying
to debate Nigerian vs European/American christianity when the same ill-education and ignorance
is responsible for both.
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Yyeske(m): 9:29am On Dec 16, 2017
salvation101:
why do u think i would wanna read anything u share? Wen all u think about is reasons y u shouldn't pay tithe. Even if u say it is wrong to pay tithe, is it also wrong to pay offerings? Do u know offering is not even a fixed percentage? Do u know someppl offering exceed d tithe dey pay? U r busy here majoring on minors. Wat has d topic even got to do with tithing?
I didn't write the Bible, we all, you, I, Daddy G O, pastor met it as it is.
Go read up those Bible passages in your Bible
Re: Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen” by Themandator: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
Yyeske:

How many countries tired of the earth did Jesus visit. Beyond Jerusalem and it neighbourhood where else did he go to

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili At WEF: Xenophobia Caused By African Politicians / Chief Martin Agbaso Joins Labour Party In Imo State / To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.