Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram (20288 Views)

Osinbajo Denies Receiving ₦4 Billion From Ibrahim Magu / Why I Supported Withdrawal Of $1 Billion ECA To Tackle Insecurity – Wike / Withdrawal Of $1bn From ECA Exposed Tinubu, Amaechi, El-Rufai - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2017
grin grin grin one of the Detail grin grin grin grin
tit:
Details of what the $1B shall be used for!

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Bizibi(m): 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2017
Part of that money is gone!!!!!!
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2017
cool
Aieboocaar:

QUick maths!!
ECA Balance.................................. $2.317 billion
withdrawal for Boko Haram................$1billion
Remaining balance............................??

and i thought a certain amount was budgeted for security in the 2018 budget undecided undecided

But where is sarrki??.....Have you blamed GEJ today?

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by JUBILEE2000: 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2017
$1B to fight Boko haram that has been technically defeated?

2 Likes

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by lookingfly: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2017
Which Boko Haram........ The same bh pmb had defeated. Nigerian government is a joke!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by samstels: 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2017
This is laughable .

Same sins of Jonathan is being repeated after much lies.

Who is fooling who ?

I cant wait for 2019 to vote out this bunch of incompetent idiots .

3 Likes

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by dieBYfire: 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2017
adem30:

Why are werey PDP governors did not oppose it?

How many PDP governors do we have?
How many APC governors are from the North?
Where does Boko Haram attack most?
Where is the President from?

This questions are the reasons why PDP Governors can't do jack undecided

2 Likes

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by IAIT: 6:08pm On Dec 14, 2017
What a shameless set of folks that have no regard for themselves much less the people of their states. Here's a few questions for anyone that have answers, who's call is it that the money be released to fight boko harm? is it simply that anything the 36 governors co-sign on gets automatic approval? and lastly, how are the south-west, south-south and south east concerned with the fight against boko haram?
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by unohbethel(m): 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2017
python1:
Bh and IPOB terrorists, take note.
i believe ur a northern almajiri masquerading as a yoruba..or maybe if truly ur a yoruba, ur hate and bigotry is legendary

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by cstr1000: 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
That is a lot of money that should get some serious amount of hardwares.

Even the US would be interested in selling with that amount of money at play.

Unfortunately, the money will be embezzled.

1 Like

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by pablo1759(m): 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

APC: ALL PDP CROOKS

I have to agree mehn
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by GBJakes(m): 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2017
That is the reason why bh fight will not end now.. it is a money making venture for Nigerian leaders; But I believe God will expose them very soon.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Xbee007(m): 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
Fukafuka:
grin grin grin one of the Detail grin grin grin grin
Nah, Nigeria is not paying for the Tucanos. The money will be removed from our looted money in USA.
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by richeso: 6:25pm On Dec 14, 2017
God punish every APC supporters. idiots!...
265 Billion Naira... outside budget for defends and support funds from EU.

What a useless country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by giles14(m): 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2017
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

Information reaching the PoliticsNGR newsdesk on Thursday afternoon reveals that the 36 state governors in Nigeria have agreed to the withdrawal of $1 billion from the country's Excess Crude Account(ECA) to be used in funding the fight against Boko Haram.

This development was made public by the Governor of Edo state, Godwin Obaseki while addressing state house correspondents in Abuja after a meeting of the National Economic Council in the Presidential Villa.

The meeting was headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo since President Buhari is currently out of the country for a meeting in France.

Mr. Obaseki disclosed that the approval was announced during the 83rd NEC meeting by the chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum, NGF, and Governor of Zamfara State, Abdulaziz Yari.

The Nigerian Excess Crude Account had a balance of $2.317 billion as at December 13, 2017.

https://politicsngr.com/2017/12/14/breaking-governors-approve-withdrawal-1-billion-eca-fight-boko-haram/
pls where are all the $2.1bln recovered dasukigate
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by francizy(m): 6:33pm On Dec 14, 2017
Yes, this is what they've always wanted. Create terrorism for no reason. Harness the wealth of the country, pay back some percentage to their terrorist brothers and loot the rest.

They basically needed a northern president in order to have less opposition when dipping hands into the national purse!

Useless demons!!

2 Likes

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 14, 2017
Why is our government failing us like this
$1billion in fighting Boko Haram that they set up
Chaiiiiiiii
I wish I was a spirit Robot
All this people will die this night
If I no change that country to Togo only God knows
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
GBAMMMMMMN cool
Xbee007:

Nah, Nigeria is not paying for the Tucanos. The money will be removed from our looted money in USA.

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Geeflow(m): 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2017
like I always say,the book haram menace is never going to end.
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Xbee007(m): 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2017
Fukafuka:
GBAMMMMMMN cool
grin grin grin The delivery should probably begin late 2018.
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by tete7000(m): 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2017
Is this not what Jonathan said he did and they labelled him corrupt? APC is not different from PDP. By the way I thought they said boko boys are technically defeated? Why use such a fund to fight a defeated group? Buhari and APC are scams. B'iro lo l'ogun odun, ooto a ba n'ijo kan. Lies can't endure forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Lexusgs430: 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2017
More money to steal & share ........
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Funkybabee(f): 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2017
And they can't spend this to empower you or to create more job adlnd every country get work for all school graduate wether secondary school leaver or graduate but instead na north we dey used ours for...

Nop God go fight for us
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Alanzazani: 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2017
This country is a joke. Instead of investing this money to rejig the economy. Shey it is this same Boko Haram that these criminally minded and selfish politicians created they are wasting our collective wealth on. They said they had defeated Boko Haram technically. So Buhari was clamouring to rule Nigeria all this while to have his own share of the pie. We need a Nigerian Jerry Rawlings gaskiya. The injustice perperated against the ordinary Nigerian will end sooner than they think.
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by hanassholesolo: 7:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
They are stealing your money right in front of your face. 36 governors from different parties all agree when it comes to corruption.
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by bart10: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
Kwarruption undecided
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by mercyp001(f): 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2017
haaaaaa! APC! I hope it is not the same Boko haram dey used to frustrate GEJ because dat one has been defeated by APC and Liar Mohammed.
I av said it and i will say it again,we will burn dat ur useless brooms by 2019.
Awon Thieves
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by bezimo(m): 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2017
Can you see the fraud called APC.. not so.. 360bn to fight boko that they claim is defeated so that they can embezel this money that could have been used to better the lives of the populace of which majority are in desperate need of help. What a cursed country with heartless and cursed leaders.

I have said it before that the only way for Nigeria to emerge as the giant it was ordained to be is for the youth to take their future in their hands by a revolution that will oust all evil corrupt leaders and take over and lead Nigeria forward.Untill Jesus come back, the future of this country will continue to be looted and mortaged without apology by polithievians and legislooters..it happened in France untill there was a revolution..the country didn't see greatness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2017
See scam o!

Shey na North korea and palestine dem wan go fight?
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by hooklover: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2017
Terrible indeed.and helpless governors signed just cos of seconfvterm...
That money should have been added to the power evtor...

I said it the north will fight book haram for next 10trs. Its an establish conduit for embezzlement of oil money.Just imagine watvwill happen if aboki haram stop no money to steal..

The north will use book haram to destroy northeast and the use hard earned oil money to be repairing self inflicted damage..

This so s d had ghest fraud. I billion to fight insurgents that just use pickups,no serious training,

This is the highted scam used to siphon oil money m...
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by Egie4real: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

Information reaching the PoliticsNGR newsdesk on Thursday afternoon reveals that the 36 state governors in Nigeria have agreed to the withdrawal of $1 billion from the country's Excess Crude Account(ECA) to be used in funding the fight against Boko Haram.

This development was made public by the Governor of Edo state, Godwin Obaseki while addressing state house correspondents in Abuja after a meeting of the National Economic Council in the Presidential Villa.

The meeting was headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo since President Buhari is currently out of the country for a meeting in France.

Mr. Obaseki disclosed that the approval was announced during the 83rd NEC meeting by the chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum, NGF, and Governor of Zamfara State, Abdulaziz Yari.

The Nigerian Excess Crude Account had a balance of $2.317 billion as at December 13, 2017.

https://politicsngr.com/2017/12/14/breaking-governors-approve-withdrawal-1-billion-eca-fight-boko-haram/

Halve Excess Crude Account Balance to fight Boko Haram?! Laughing my heart out. Same style PDP used Dasuki to do after 2019 is by the corner. Carry go jare.
Re: Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram by isnovic(m): 7:43pm On Dec 14, 2017
ChangetheChange:
2019 election money

Awon werey APC

My thought exactly.

2019 Elections money and you are blaming Jonathan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uzoma Emenike: Nigerians Should Post Positive Things About Nigeria / Governor Okowa And Obasanjo In Closed-Door Meeting (Photos) / Oyebanji Expresses Condolences On Nollywood Actor, Fadeyi Oloro’s Passing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.