Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) (57867 Views)

Best Man Chased Out Of Wedding Ceremony At RCCG Aba For Having Full Beard / Pastor Adeboye At Glory Dome For Dunamis' 25th Anniversary (photos/video) / I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by bionixs: 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

you are the one who brought tithe into this thread when you called out Daddy Freeze.You are the one hyperventilating not me
oga face your job. customers are waiting to buy fuel
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by ACE1010: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
Hmmmmmm! I don't know what to say but our God is always faithful. Just put your trust in him!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
anonimi:

Na you get daddy. Wetin consign me with such aberration

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362
nope. Its ignorance holding u back... The most advanced country in the world(Norway) has had Christianity as a compulsory subject in its school for the past 200 years.. Why aren't dey behind? U dat u aren't religious, how is ur life better dan dat of an average Nigerian

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by bionixs: 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol you should have known I was setting this trap for you

There are scriptural references to stoning people but Jesus made sure he negated it through scripture. He also played down on Sabbath just like the Apostles did. Hence those ones can no longer stand.

However every mention of tithe in scripture was in support of the practice from old to new testament.
don't mind him. he is one of those who go to church to watch women or sleep while sermon is going on. His type is very dangerous as he could turn scripture upside down

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by miketayo(m): 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Unless there is a scriptural reference which state clearly NOT TO TITHE then keep quiet. The last we heard of Tithe Jesus commended the practice!

As it is there is Scriptural evidence from Abraham, Moses and Jesus to TITHE but there is not one single verse that says DON'T TITHE. Jesus even though living during the era of the Law corrected all he needed to correct but never talked down on Tithe. Don't make assumptions for God, DON'T TITHE cannot be proved from scripture hence you can't call anyone who does so criminal.

Don't put Jesus and tithe in the same sentence, Jesus never commended tithe, Give to Cesar refers to tax not tithe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
salvation101:
Where was freeze? Probably about entering secondary school..

Great things start small. Eyes av not seen nor ears heard wat great things the Lord has in store for dey dat love Him nd faithfully serve him. Growth is a process.. D men giving the church bad names today are those young ministers who aren't ready to go tru d growth process

Watch it! My people's tithes are God's NOT your's !!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by anonimi: 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
eazykulex:
Goan Read Malachai 3:1o

Have you read Malachi 1 to understand that the entire Malachi was addressed to Jewish Levite priests who were stealing the tithes given to them in accordance with Deuteronomy 14

Malachi 1

The LORD Rebukes the Priests

6 "A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?" says the Lord Almighty. "It is you priests who show contempt for my name. "But you ask, 'How have we shown contempt for your name?'
7 "By offering defiled food on my altar. "But you ask, 'How have we defiled you?' "By saying that the Lord's table is contemptible.
8 When you offer blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong? When you sacrifice lame or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you?" says the Lord Almighty.
9 "Now plead with God to be gracious to us. With such offerings from your hands, will he accept you?"-says the Lord Almighty.
10 "Oh, that one of you would shut the temple doors, so that you would not light useless fires on my altar! I am not pleased with you," says the Lord Almighty, "and I will accept no offering from your hands.
11 My name will be great among the nations, from where the sun rises to where it sets. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to me, because my name will be great among the nations," says the Lord Almighty.
12 "But you profane it by saying, 'The Lord's table is defiled,' and, 'Its food is contemptible.'
13 And you say, 'What a burden!' and you sniff at it contemptuously," says the Lord Almighty. "When you bring injured, lame or diseased animals and offer them as sacrifices, should I accept them from your hands?" says the Lord.
14 "Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord. For I am a great king," says the Lord Almighty, "and my name is to be feared among the nations.

https://www.christianity.com/bible/bible.php?q=malachi+1&ver=niv

Deuteronomy 14

The Law of the Tithe

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.
24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),
25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.
26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.
27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.
28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year's produce and store it in your towns,
29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

https://www.christianity.com/bible/bible.php?q=deuteronomy+14&ver=niv

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by miketayo(m): 6:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol you should have known I was setting this trap for you

There are scriptural references to stoning people but Jesus made sure he negated it through scripture. He also played down on Sabbath just like the Apostles did. Hence those ones can no longer stand.

However every mention of tithe in scripture was in support of the practice from old to new testament.

You know he also mentioned how to give back to God.. whatever u do to d least of my brother u do to me.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by anonimi: 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
salvation101:
nope. Its ignorance holding u back... The most advanced country in the world(Norway) has had Christianity as a compulsory subject in its school for the past 200 years.. Why aren't dey behind? U dat u aren't religious, how is ur life better dan dat of an average Nigerian

Keep spewing half-truths and distortions to sustain your hell-fire bound practice of tithes.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Xisnin(m): 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
salvation101:

Great things start small. Eyes av not seen nor ears heard wat great things the Lord has in store for dey dat love Him nd faithfully serve him. Growth is a process.. D men giving the church bad names today are those young ministers who aren't ready to go tru d growth process

So we should excuse some conmen because they are old?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Xisnin(m): 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
Evans also started from hawking gala in lagos traffic.
Everybody has to start from somewhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by anonimi: 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
Follysho707:
Watch it! My people's tithes are God's NOT your's !!!

..........and Jesus Christ is clear on how to give to God, whom we cannot see.

Matthew 25

The Judgment of the Nations

31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' 40 "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' 41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' 44 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' 45 "He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.' 46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

https://www.christianity.com/bible/bible.php?q=matthew+25&ver=niv

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by anonimi: 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
Xisnin:
Evans also started from hawking gala in lagos traffic.
Everybody has to start from somewhere.

You are a wiscked someborri. grin
I dey hail oh.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2017
anonimi:

Keep spewing half-truths and distortions to sustain your hell-fire bound practice of tithes.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227
nd u didn't know dat American has a 71% Christian population, the number of Christians in America alone is more than the total population of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
shocked[center]Movement[/center]
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Firstcitizen: 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Unless there is a scriptural reference which state clearly NOT TO TITHE then keep quiet. The last we heard of Tithe Jesus commended the practice!

As it is there is Scriptural evidence from Abraham, Moses and Jesus to TITHE but there is not one single verse that says DON'T TITHE. Jesus even though living during the era of the Law corrected all he needed to correct but never talked down on Tithe. Don't make assumptions for God, DON'T TITHE cannot be proved from scripture hence you can't call anyone who does so criminal.

The bible records that Jesus paid tax. How come there is no record of him paying tithes

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2017
This is some calculated genius-level shiii. this niggu be planning this game from waaaaay-back grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by mechanics(m): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
Amen o.
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by ettybaba(m): 6:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
When these people started people thought they were mad. Today, they proved their critics wrong and the critics are jealous and calling for their heads.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by veraponpo(m): 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
Statsocial:
Pictures are amazing. They remind us what great things God has done. And how he can make small things suddenly blossom.

It doesn't take God anything to blossom whatever he has called you to do. Be it ministry, business or whatever. He is always faithful and if you trust him enough he would take you to heights not attained

Look at Adeboye's wonderful and cheerful smile. You could tell he loved doing this! So love doing whatever you find yourself doing no matter how small it is!

"Seest thou a man diligent in his work he shall stand before kings and not mere men."

This is a lie.

This is Bishop Wale Oke's Programme- Swords of the Spirit
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

I am a member of the 1.3 billion catholic church.I cannot be jealous of a 5m-10m church.I condemn compulsory tithing wherever I find it
And where have u seen compulsory tithing?
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2017
Battle of the 'Daddys'... One is deceptive Daddy G.O's; the other Daddy FREEZE is here to save million of souls from their shackles !! Watch out...coming out soon!!! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
salvation101:
nd u didn't know dat American has a 71% Christian population, the number of Christians in America alone is more than the total population of Nigeria.

...and their pastors don't own PRIVATE JETS... and neither do their citizens live in abject POVERTY!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by anonimi: 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
salvation101:

You failed to provide a source for your statistics and also FALSELY insinuate that Americans don't pay their TAXES firs to their government (Caesar) before giving to God (the least of His brethren).
Why are you such a pathetic liar?
Why are you so keen on going to hell by worshiping mammon instead of worshiping God

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
salvation101:

Norwegian pastors don't own PRIVATE JETS while their citizens SUFFER!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by anonimi: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
Statsocial:
And where have u seen compulsory tithing?

What is meant by threatening the sheeple with Malachi 3 without making reference to Malachi 1 and Deuteronomy 14

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by mpowa(m): 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

no matter how anyone started does not justify a wrong doctrine.As long as there is no scriptural basis for tithing in the church.It will remain wrong.Even Evans the kidnapper could also show you his throwback picture and use it to justify his crimes
keep wailing while they keep on moving on...maybe they put gun in your head to pay tithe.
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by gafarolabisi2(m): 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
nothing much has changed in the physical appearance of this amiable man of God. Let somebody shout hallelujah
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Archbishop88: 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
Our youths should learn Ao to start small and Heavenly Father with enlarge u.

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by suremanpatriot: 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
Amen o!
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
Even the richest nations of the world that have more Christians yet, less churches than Nigeria, they have more money yet, none of their pastors own PRIVATE JETS! May you all encouraging these GREEDY behaviors by the pastors face the wrath of God Almighty. Amen!
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2017
salvation101:

Please, mentor me. I admire your insight in God's word. . .

Those I mostly see here are often religious and sentimental. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row (Photos) / Woman Wears Wedding Dress To Dunamis Church To Get Marital Breakthrough (Photo) / When Daddy Freeze Called Bishop Oyedepo "Bald-Headed Fowl" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.