Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) (57860 Views)

Best Man Chased Out Of Wedding Ceremony At RCCG Aba For Having Full Beard / Pastor Adeboye At Glory Dome For Dunamis' 25th Anniversary (photos/video) / I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Meti99(m): 12:30am On Dec 16, 2017
salvation101:
nope. Its ignorance holding u back... The most advanced country in the world(Norway) has had Christianity as a compulsory subject in its school for the past 200 years.. Why aren't dey behind? U dat u aren't religious, how is ur life better dan dat of an average Nigerian

This girl you be my paddi, you always have the right answers for these fools
See as you nail that one, how has his irreligiousity make him better than the religious ones?
Good question, I am waiting for his answers

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nwaoma198(f): 1:16am On Dec 16, 2017
You need a big hot slap
Martinez19:
The little beginning of the scam. Scammers don't become rich overnight into the pastoring business. It takes time, hardwork and diligence to make it by milking the sheeples.
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Martinez19(m): 2:04am On Dec 16, 2017
Nwaoma198:
You need a big hot slap
grin grin grin

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by computer0810(m): 2:52am On Dec 16, 2017
noscarn91:

very christ like , continue with your hypocrisy.
commit suicide wen next u see headline about adeboye
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by noscarn91(m): 5:07am On Dec 16, 2017
computer0810:
commit suicide wen next u see headline about adeboye
Is that what ur Church teaches you , you are indeed a true Christian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by anonimi: 5:59am On Dec 16, 2017
salvation101:
It is indeed my pleasure to educate you cos its obvious u were too lazy to verify my claim via google...
Nd who told u dat if Nigerian law asked religious organizations to pay tax d church will be left out? Do mosques pay tax?

Very fake statistics.
Does Nigeria have a valid census figure?
Does Nigeria's census include religion question?
Keep deceiving yourself with your empty swag of "my pleasure to educate you" when you evidently don't know what you are talking about.
Enjoy your ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by mpowa(m): 6:12am On Dec 16, 2017
deco22:
Because one pastor does something doesn't apply to the rest and according to him it's for missionary purposes but that's for him and God to judge.

Some churches have donated to IDP's bro,and also build houses and set up trust funds for widows and orphans...they are trying their best.
Some of them actually believe the church should take over the work of government in the name of charitable deeds...Maybe if they can make half this noise on those who are stealing everyday buying bullet proof cars, Nigeria will move forward
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by dhesire(m): 6:16am On Dec 16, 2017
These anti-tithers are complete set of confused souls. They claimed pastors are getting richer from collecting tithes from the members who are getting poorer.
Now tell me, if indeed tithers are getting poorer, how come pastors are getting richer?

They often ignorantly claimed that pastors are living large while members are wallowing in poverty. Says who? Lies from the pit of hell!
Remember it's one tenth not 'ten tenth'
Moreover, if your pastor is not radiating the glory of God, abeg, please move on because poverty is contagious.

#ipaymytithes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by mpowa(m): 6:18am On Dec 16, 2017
Next2Bezee:

I do obey, i just give my money to those in need. Not already fat 'daddy GOs' who use tithes to enact their heaven on earth.

Giving to the needy is also giving.

Matthew 25:31-46
But it's not your business who people give their money to, you think you give it to those who need it, leave people to make their choices. I give to the poor, but I give much more to my church, I see how the money is spent, we do a lot of good deeds for our immediate environments, but we don't need to come to channels television to advertise just to make some people happy; most people actually have the spirit of Judas, they want the money for themselves not like they care about the poor, every other thing na coverup.
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 16, 2017
anonimi:

Very fake statistics.
Does Nigeria have a valid census figure?
Does Nigeria's census include religion question?
Keep deceiving yourself with your empty swag of "my pleasure to educate you" when you evidently don't know what you are talking about.
Enjoy your ignorance!
very ignorant person.. So if we wont believe statistics according to Wikipedia wat do u now want us to believe? D statistics in dat ur head? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by pressplay411(m): 6:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Chevronstaff:
Daddy G.O....!!!! Maximum respect baba..
Awon Billionaire gang.
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:34am On Dec 16, 2017
damosky12:

Let's discuss, bro. Is there a scriptural basis of giving to the church?

Yes of course 2 cor 9:7 is the guiding principle behind it
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by anonimi: 6:34am On Dec 16, 2017
salvation101:
very ignorant person.. So if we wont believe statistics according to Wikipedia wat do u now want us to believe? D statistics in dat ur head? grin

When will you stop embarrassing yourself in public with your half-baked knowledge of what you are talking about with empty swag
Let me help you out of your misery.

Welcome to Wikipedia,
the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by anonimi: 6:38am On Dec 16, 2017
mpowa:
But it's not your business who people give their money to, you think you give it to those who need it, leave people to make their choices. I give to the poor, but I give much more to my church, I see how the money is spent, we do a lot of good deeds for our immediate environments, but we don't need to come to channels television to advertise just to make some people happy; most people actually have the spirit of Judas, they want the money for themselves not like they care about the poor, every other thing na coverup.

You obviously don't understand the all encompassing law of

Love your neighbour as yourself.

Before you reply, reflect deeply and thoroughly so you are not disgraced by my follow up response.
Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by figure007(m): 6:39am On Dec 16, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

no matter how anyone started does not justify a wrong doctrine.As long as there is no scriptural basis for tithing in the church.It will remain wrong.Even Evans the kidnapper could also show you his throwback picture and use it to justify his crimes
the more the hate and criticism the more the church is moving forward and the gate of hell shall not prevail. Keep it up... Thumps up.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 16, 2017
anonimi:

When will you stop embarrassing yourself in public with your half-baked knowledge of what you are talking about with empty swag
Let me help you out of your misery.

[img]http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.15552528.9211/flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg[/img]
try editing the statistics den nd let us see... U think u can just edit important contents without getting banned? U r just an ignorant person looking for excuses for ur ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by saintmark88(m): 6:47am On Dec 16, 2017
deco22:
Because one pastor does something doesn't apply to the rest and according to him it's for missionary purposes but that's for him and God to judge.

Some churches have donated to IDP's bro,and also build houses and set up trust funds for widows and orphans...they are trying their best.

The apostles and missionaries who spread the gospel to d far ends of the earth didn't use private ships and hatch to do that. So all that missionary purposes is baldadash.......the church has neglected the poor, its had for u to accept. U say they have donated to idps, have u seen the present state of these idps??....

I don't know what they I've done, but I'm certain they hvnt done enough
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by mpowa(m): 6:50am On Dec 16, 2017
anonimi:

You obviously don't understand the all encompassing law of

Before you reply, reflect deeply and thoroughly so you are not disgraced by my follow up response.
Stay blessed.
Oh God! Here we come again.

Love your neighbor as yourself
And who told you I don't love my neighbor? I give to the needy around me every now and then, But I give to the Kingdom much more because I'm part of it, and we as a Church give to our environment. We had open market last month where we gave bags of rice, clothes money, you name it in huge proportion FREE OF CHARGE, we are going to have another one for Christmas next Saturday, so people can have food and good life at Christmas, so...

I don't understand this, before i get disgraced, what would you say that will disgrace me? I will like to know.
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by tiwiex(m): 7:06am On Dec 16, 2017
salvation101:
Where was freeze? Probably about entering secondary school..

Great things start small. Eyes av not seen nor ears heard wat great things the Lord has in store for dey dat love Him nd faithfully serve him. Growth is a process.. D men giving the church bad names today are those young ministers who aren't ready to go tru d growth process
You just spoilt it. Why bring Freeze into this? So because he was in secondary school means he can't have a constructive discussion with someone older and be right? I see exactly Y our leaders are Adeboye's mates only. We believe we are too young. Political sheeples u can say. I don't want to go into religion this morning but I know where u stand. This Freeze matter is giving sleepless nights sha. To summarize Freeze. Adeboye s church has grown in leaps and bounds while d economy has been driving in the opposite direction and he like many people are tired of it that way. The tithe formula has clearly failed Nigeria. No one says u should not pay ur tithe but where is the social impact and improvement?
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2017
tiwiex:

You just spoilt it. Why bring Freeze into this? So because he was in secondary school means he can't have a constructive discussion with someone older and be right? I see exactly Y our leaders are Adeboye's mates only. We believe we are too young. Political sheeples u can say. I don't want to go into religion this morning but I know where u stand. This Freeze matter is giving sleepless nights sha. To summarize Freeze. Adeboye s church has grown in leaps and bounds while d economy has been driving in the opposite direction and he like many people are tired of it that way. The tithe formula has clearly failed Nigeria. No one says u should not pay ur tithe but where is the social impact and improvement?
naa. At least Pastor Adeboye achieved something with his life. Let freeze come and tell us wat he has been able to build from d scratch nd nurture despite his privileged background.. He is still an OAP with cool Fm, he can't even boast of a radio station of his own.. Let him just sit back in d studio nd waggle his tongue while men are working

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Water101(f): 8:16am On Dec 16, 2017
no wonder all he preach is favour,blessings and prosperity.money changed things it is now Is first God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Omolecturer419(m): 8:40am On Dec 16, 2017
Wow
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Nonnyflex(m): 12:46pm On Dec 16, 2017
Like if u succeeded in reading the 6 pages... Share if after reading it you weren't convinced... And comment if you felt you wasted your time
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by lloyds(m): 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
God bless Pastor E.A Adeboye.
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by okwusdidi: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
Even if tithe was scriptural,is it right for a pastor to use tithe payers money to buy private jets and live such luxury?!If it were to be a politician they would say he is corrupt.But when it comes to a pastor they would say it's a blessing.What is actually wrong with us?!
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by chrmn1: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

I understand that there's been a lot of argument against tithing. My take is that for all the old testament practices no longer applicable in the new here was always a mention in the bible about the scrapping or doing away with such acts. (Hebrews 9:8-9)

As for tithing, there is no such mention. If you look at the epistles of Paul, you'd notice his general attitude towards collections from God's people as a minister. He acknowleged that it was the minister's right but he always strived never to exercise it. I'm not saying this is a definite explanation of its lack of mention but it is worth noting nonetheless. His attitude towards receiving as an MOG always gave the impression that if it was up to him, he'd rather not mention it.

Except you are insinuating that every commandment given to the Jews in the law should be done away with, we cannot simply assume that because tithing was one of the practices in the law, it became void when Christ died. Paul alluded to principles in the law (Deuteronomy 25:4) in 1 Timothy 5:18 and 1 Cor 9:9 so it's not as if everything about the law was to be scrapped.

The principles in the law that were to be done away with where either a figure of the Christ to come or a pointer to a greater spiritual truth. See Hebrews 9:8-9.

In any case, I find it puzzing that Catholic brothers and sisters would rather criticize the act of tithing rather than such practices as asking Mary to pray for us, belief in purgatory and rosaries, bowing before images of Mary, etc which are even more glaringly unfounded according to scriptures.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by anonimi: 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2017
mpowa:
And who told you I don't love my neighbor? I give to the needy around me every now and then, But I give to the Kingdom much more because I'm part of it, and we as a Church give to our environment.

You cannot give to God/Kingdom except you give to the needy as Jesus Christ stated below:

Matthew 25

The Judgment of the Nations
31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' 40 "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' 41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' 44 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' 45 "He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.' 46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

https://www.christianity.com/bible/bible.php?q=matthew+25&ver=niv

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by mpowa(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
anonimi:

You cannot give to God/Kingdom except you give to the needy as Jesus Christ stated below:

And what did I say? Did I tell you I don't give to the needy? Do you need to read my post again? I give to the needy directly and I give to the needy through my Church. We would give to the needy as a church next week.

And the word Except as you use it is incorrect, because the bible didn't say you should give to the needy alone;

Give to the Ministers that Taught you the word
Gal 6:6
Those who are taught the word of God should provide for their teachers, sharing all good things with them.

Give To the needy but mostly to the people in the house hold of Faith (Co-Believers)

Gal 6:10
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Give Your Offering Cheerfully

2 Corinth 9:7
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

And much more...So you can't just pick the one you like and say that's all you want to do if you really want to follow the bible.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by spako4(m): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
God is great
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Sharon90: 8:45am On Dec 17, 2017
Statsocial:

Unless there is a scriptural reference which states clearly NOT TO TITHE then keep quiet. The last we heard of Tithe, Jesus commended the practice!

As it is, there is Scriptural evidence from Abraham, Moses and Jesus to TITHE but there is not one single verse that says DON'T TITHE. Jesus even though living during the era of the Law corrected all he needed to correct but never talked down on the Tithe. Don't make assumptions for God, DON'T TITHE cannot be proved from scripture hence you can't call anyone who preaches tithing criminal.

I repeat Tithing is Scriptural from Abraham to Jesus. To say it is no longer scriptural would require you to bring proofs from scripture where it is explicitly said that DON'T TITHE. If you can't find that scripture then you are a liar and you are manipulating the word of God.

Thank you dear for this ....those of u who lie and manipulate the word of God Are blasphemers... Please read Luke 12:10 to see the fate of blasphemers... Also read 1 timothy 6:4 to understand what Mr freeze is doing and how wrong he is.... And read revelations 13:6-8 to understand why God is allowing all these to happen... And the followers of this man freeze I pity all of u.... Be careful with what you say... This are perilous times...
Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by Sharon90: 8:55am On Dec 17, 2017
okwusdidi:
Even if tithe was scriptural,is it right for a pastor to use tithe payers money to buy private jets and live such luxury?!If it were to be a politician they would say he is corrupt.But when it comes to a pastor they would say it's a blessing.What is actually wrong with us?!

And Oga who told you they use the money to buy private jets... Some people reason Like uneducated people ...dont you know some members buy this things for them ...and even if they do use the tithe is none of ur business... If you don't want to pay ur tithe then don't....they are not forcing you or pointing a gun at u to pay ur tithe...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) by damosky12(m): 5:15pm On Dec 17, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

is that all? or all the "guiding principles" you know? What about giving to pastors?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Bashes New Acura Jeep Church Member Brought To Him For Dedication / "I Wanted To Destroy Prophet T.B Joshua, Then This Happened"-Woman Reveals. PICS / Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.