Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu (18903 Views)

Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts / Bola Tinubu Lands In Osogbo Ahead Of Saturday's Governorship Election(photos) / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by watchwoman(f): 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
onatisi:

akala left pdp since 2015 , when he wasnt given the governorship ticket , he left pdp over 2 years ago
teslim was pdp fl;agbearer and everyone knows that he isnt such a powerful member in terms of strong grassroots support,obviously he wants to contest maybe for another post maybe senatorial, he will have his reasons ,
now this is the game , politics in Nigeria is all about financial interests , the apc 2019 campaign will definitely gulp billions and billions will be voted for each state apc chapter , only the big guys in the party gets the first share from the booty,the same thing these ppl are doing is the same orji is doing for buhari in the east , it is all about who controls the apc 2019 campaign machinery and gets what . we should forget how pdp members who were part of gej 2019 team made millions from his campaign funds
with the problem ajimobi is causing with the olubadan , he will need all the support he can get to give apc a good showing in the next elections, all these ppl are just going in to "chop", dont be surprised that if pdp wins , these same set of ppl will decamp back to pdp
you are very correct ,it is the same scenario playing out with our current "Messiah" Atiku
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by AkupeMBANO(m): 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
Desyner:
PDP without access to govt fund can't oppose.
says someone who practically knows nothing about Nigeria's politics and PDP as a party. did APC have access to government funds, before they won in 2015?
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by brojoshua: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
Apc tablet itself is a basket full of rotten and corrupt tomatoes
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by ThumbzTNA(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
Who cares. Kwankwaso should be wooed by PDP and fielded as presidential candidate. He will win the north over buhari and with an igbo vp coupled with ss/se loyalty to pdp. The pdp wil return to power in 2019
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by BabaRamota1980: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
ThumbzTNA:
Who cares. Kwankwaso should be wooed by PDP and fielded as presidential candidate. He will win the north over buhari and with an igbo vp coupled with ss/se loyalty to pdp. The pdp wil return to power in 2019

Apparently you under estimate the reach and influence of Emir Sanusi and his political intrigues to awaken the grassroot against the ambition of PDP in Kano, whether in Kwankwaso or Atiku's hand.

PDP will not make inroad in NW or SW.

Your best bet is Adamawa, Nassarawa, Benue, maybe Niger and SS/SE minus Edo and Imo respectively.
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by ThumbzTNA(m): 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Apparently you under estimate the reach and influence of Emir Sanusi and his political intrigues to awaken the grassroot against the ambition of PDP in Kano, whether in Kwankwaso or Atiku's hand.

PDP will not make inroad in NW or SW.

Your best bet is Adamawa, Nassarawa, Benue, maybe Niger and SS/SE minus Edo and Imo respectively.

Lmao. What reach are you talking of. Kwankwaso had an excellent tenure in Kano with most of the sustainable infrastructure in the state built during that time. The people love him and I dont just mean kano people because all neighbouring states are aware and proud of his achievements as governor. I have taken time to talk to as many abokis to take a poll in this. Even adamawa abokis like kwankwaso more.

Moreover Kwankwaso is 'north' enough to appease the core north. Kwankwaso is as north as biharu. He is even hausa not fulani. Hausa is a larger and more far reaching tribe than fulani.

So it's like asking a hungry aboki to chose between a recession bringing president and one that has a record of delivery in Kano
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
fellowman:
we are proud of you too, Mr thief-nubu.

Yes, we are not proud in any way of our coward leader, llamadi Cownu

1 Like

Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by femolii: 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ugo4hotish:
THE GREATEST MISTAKE MADE BY NATURE WAS THE CREATION OF THE YORUBA PEOPLE. THESE ARE USELESS SET OF PEOPLE
Osu son the same way achebe follow that put him on wheelchair befor he die like fowl, n now u are still following d same way u people were rejected by the jews and the only tribe without history i think igbos should be ashame of themself by now.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by BabaRamota1980: 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
ThumbzTNA:

Lmao. What reach are you talking of. Kwankwaso had an excellent tenure in Kano with most of the sustainable infrastructure in the state built during that time. The people love him and I dont just mean kano people because all neighbouring states are aware and proud of his achievements as governor. I have taken time to talk to as many abokis to take a poll in this. Even adamawa abokis like kwankwaso more.

Moreover Kwankwaso is 'north' enough to appease the core north. Kwankwaso is as north as biharu. He is even hausa not fulani. Hausa is a larger and more far reaching tribe than fulani.

So it's like asking a hungry aboki to chose between a recession bringing president and one that has a record of delivery in Kano

Its unfortunate that you will not understand distinction between politics, political power and political service.

Politics is the engine that sustains a working order and harmony between the many overlays of organs of society. The process of keeping the engine running and in good state is called policy making. Those who draft the policies are policy makers....usually political aides, assistants and advisors. Those who implement the directives are decision makers....ministers, secretaries, president, vice president.

Political power is the ultimate use of policies to shape social programmes and effect a desirable outcome in society. This the cause and effect of exchange between authority and citizens.

Political service is the worth of a public utility or infrastructure to the productive life of citizens and their perception of the value in it.

Kwankwaso has zero political power in Kano. What he has is a movement - Kwankwasiyya - which is an ideology of public service....or political service.

If Kwankwaso had political power his former deputy governor, who now is the current governor, would not have succeeded him in government house. They were opposite personalities and had conflicts frequently throughout the administration of Kwankwaso.

Kwankwaso also had conflict with his predecessor Shekau.

Shekau was upset that a defector from PDP to APC (that is Kwankwaso) was handed the party organization he chaired. In contempt Shekau left APC to PDP.

So I encourage Atikulators like yourself that if you are intending to displace APC from power you should do a thorough study of the zones and states you have eyes on and understand who in that state or zone are the true political shake-makers. The brokers that can turn your 1000 votes into 10,000 000 votes.....or alternatively reduce your 10, 000 000 supporters to just 1000 on election day. They hold your destiny to victory.

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by famology(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
ThumbzTNA:

I am sure u are nt aware dt buhari won millions of vote in kano,when kwankwaso was a pdp governor.

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by xnsandrxns: 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ugo4hotish:
THE GREATEST MISTAKE MADE BY NATURE WAS THE CREATION OF THE YORUBA PEOPLE. THESE ARE USELESS SET OF PEOPLE
Coming from the child of historyless slaves
That's really funny
Yoruba people are above you in everyway and you'll be nothing today without them
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by ThumbzTNA(m): 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
famology:
I am sure u are nt aware dt buhari won millions of vote in kano,when kwankwaso was a pdp governor.

That was before buhari proved himself to be a colossal failure of a president. The dynamics have changed. Don't forget that the recession is felt more in the North. 10 out of 10 abokis I talked to will vote kwanjwaso if he is fielded. Baba has brought untold hardship that has never been felt before in the North
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by deboysben(m): 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
Too early to say wait for 2018
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by ThumbzTNA(m): 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Its unfortunate that you will not understand distinction between politics, political power and political service.

Politics is the engine that sustains a working order and harmony between the many overlays of organs of society. The process of keeping the engine running and in good state is called policy making. Those who draft the policies are policy makers....usually political aides, assistants and advisors. Those who implement the directives are decision makers....ministers, secretaries, president, vice president.

Political power is the ultimate use of policies to shape social programmes and effect a desirable outcome in society. This the cause and effect of exchange between authority and citizens.

Political service is the worth of a public utility or infrastructure to the productive life of citizens and their perception of the value in it.

Kwankwaso has zero political power in Kano. What he has is a movement - Kwankwasiyya - which is an ideology of public service....or political service.

If Kwankwaso had political power his former deputy governor, who now is the current governor, would not have succeeded him in government house. They were opposite personalities and had conflicts frequently throughout the administration of Kwankwaso.

Kwankwaso also had conflict with his predecessor Shekau.

Shekau was upset that a defector from PDP to APC (that is Kwankwaso) was handed the party organization he chaired. In contempt Shekau left APC to PDP.

So I encourage Atikulators like yourself that if you are intending to displace APC from power you should do a thorough study of the zones and states you have eyes on and understand who in that state or zone are the true political shake-makers. The brokers that can turn your 1000 votes into 10,000 000 votes.....or alternatively reduce your 10, 000 000 supporters to just 1000 on election day. They hold your destiny to victory.

The south will be won by the pdp regardless of who pdp fields. The north is where the battle is gonna be and the only candidate pdp can field who is core north and has the popularity to drag the north with buhari is kwankwaso. Even kano would be won by kwankwaso. Dont forget buhari had such massive votes in kano because he was contesting against a southerner. Against a kano son, he has no chance. Kwankwaso came second in the apc primaries that brought buhari into power and that was even before his hideous tenure as president. Now he has proved himself tactless, he stands no chance. And that's in the core north. He can also kiss the North central goodbye
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by Oblang(m): 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
cstr1000:
I have no problem with that. They have never been loyal in their entire political history.
And I am sure PDP was expecting that and must have accounted for it.

My problem is that they expect the PDP to worship them at the expense of far loyal people. cheesy

Who loyalty to a party epp...
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by gulfer: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
Is this the man who recently lost a son
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by BabaRamota1980: 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
ThumbzTNA:

The south will be won by the pdp regardless of who pdp fields. The north is where the battle is gonna be and the only candidate pdp can field who is core north and has the popularity to drag the north with buhari is kwankwaso. Even kano would be won by kwankwaso. Dont forget buhari had such massive votes in kano because he was contesting against a southerner. Against a kano son, he has no chance. Kwankwaso came second in the apc primaries that brought buhari into power and that was even before his hideous tenure as president. Now he has proved himself tactless, he stands no chance. And that's in the core north. He can also kiss the North central goodbye

You say South will be won by PDP. I dont doubt it. West is in APC fold.
I say that with assurance because the political brokers, those i told you can change political destiny of a party, are here in APC. Can you think of any broker for PDP in West?
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by ThumbzTNA(m): 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

You say South will be won by PDP. I dont doubt it. West is in APC fold.
I say that with assurance because the political brokers, those i told you can change political destiny of a party, are here in APC. Can you think of any broker for PDP in West?

When I say the south, I mean the cumulative votes of the 3 zones it comprises of. The combined votes of the greater south will cancel out sw votes with extra votes to spare
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by FBIL: 6:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
I had expected these people who claim to be too politically sophisticated to encourage stronger opposition and obedience to rule of Law so that our democracy would advance from where GEJ stopped but I'm surprised to see that all that pleases them is the position of V.P. What progress has this V.P position brought to SW as almost everyone I see on the streets of Ikole, Ijesha, Ibadan, Ijebu Igno and others are looking ''kwashiorkored''. Black man is really brain dead:

1 Like

Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by BabaRamota1980: 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
ThumbzTNA:

When I say the south, I mean the cumulative votes of the 3 zones it comprises of. The combined votes of the greater south will cancel out sw votes with extra votes to spare

You are educated but you have a long way to go to understand dynamics of electorates or grasp how elections are won.
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ladoja himself is enough to resist all those weightless, big fools. Despite Alao-akala's alleged relevance, and massive sympathy for apc in 2015, Ladoja used accord party to come second in oyo governorship election, having a result close to that of Ajirebi. Now that he's back to the current most preferred party, with Seyi Makinde and other notable politicians combined, pdp will surely reclaim power, even now that the person whose name they used to dwindle the masses has messed up at the centre.

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by earthcrust: 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
Tinubu can continue to mislead political sycophants in d SW like he did in 2015 shebi it is only PDP that is suffering in d country today. Inglorious betrayers
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by earthcrust: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
U think PDP is foolish to hand over the chairmanship of a party u never supported in 2015 to inconsistent SW to d detriment of committed supporters so that u can conspire and drag d party back to court so that there won't be an opposition party to expose your evil. Come 2019 u will find out that 1+1 in politics in Nigeria has no answer.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by adesamix(m): 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
if God can open people spiritual eyez they wil know dt, what is happening is dangerious to south west democrazy, l would'nt say more than that, time wil tell.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by famology(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
ThumbzTNA:

That was before buhari proved himself to be a colossal failure of a president. The dynamics have changed. Don't forget that the recession is felt more in the North. 10 out of 10 abokis I talked to will vote kwanjwaso if he is fielded. Baba has brought untold hardship that has never been felt before in the North
See you in 2019!
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by ThumbzTNA(m): 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
famology:
See you in 2019!

Bye
Re: Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu by Kobicove(m): 8:18am On Dec 18, 2017
How is it a good thing if there is no strong opposition party? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Youths Petition CJN Over Declaration Of Ihedioha As Governor-elect / 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti / See The Christmas Gift Rescued Chibokgirls Gave 2 Borno Governor Shettima(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.