Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,390 members, 7,812,150 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (77519 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by sharpwriter(m): 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

No!

I keep beards and many others in the church. But as a WORKER!! you should abide of the rules of the place you want to serve.

Keeping beards in not a sin.
I thought you said you are a Catholic from that wedding thread last week or so.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by chieni(f): 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
fof1:

PLS THERE IS NO CHURCH LAW OR BIBLE BASED RESTRICTIONS ON EITHER OF THEM. BUT TO BE DESCENT IN APPEARANCE,MOST MALES FOLLOW MODERATIONS. CLEAN SHAVE OR LESS BEARDED. DONT U SEE SOME OTHER CHURCH MEMBERS HAVING OR KEEPING BEARDS OR MOUSTACHE? SAME GOES FOR JEANS MATERIALS, PLS. USED FOR FATIGUE WORK OR AS CASUALS.
so what is now wrong with wearing a very decent jeans skirt or trouser?

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
JuanDeDios:

This appears risky. What if he does something bad and gets kicked out of the church? How will he survive without any personal savings? Just saying.

Nice tricky question. In fact, he once disowned one of his children who attempted to spoil his image. I guess he has forgiven him but the boy is no longer a church worker.

As long as he lives in line with the scriptures, no case of booting out. But the moment he starts preaching False Doctrine (Which I don't see happening at this old age), I guess serious minded xtians would leave both the account and church for him (
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
sharpwriter:

I thought you said you are a Catholic from that wedding thread last week or so.

No Sir,

I am not a Catholic.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by oyinda1599(f): 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Oyinda1599 will never follow me to wed her in Deeper life, her eyes don tear pass dat levelgrin grin
I don suffer for ur hand.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by mickeymimi: 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
I agree with
Deeper Life doesn’t sing and dance on Sundays because
If you have been wondering why the church service on Sundays doesn’t come with dancing and singing, the answer is simple.
“It will weaken the body; make people fall asleep and tired when the real message about going to heaven is about being preached. We have a day to praise God for singing and praises, and that is during the Thursday revival service” Pastor W.F. Kumuyi explaining to BBC World.

Finally, Laying of hands is not allowed in the Church

I like to sing and dance ..but in some churches .....when pastors is preaching or praying ...and .... they keep jazzing it up with instruments ... it is so distracting and difficult to meditate.... I always end up singing the song instead of praying or listening. ...

I dont like people laying hands on me ......in some churches the dickens lay hands of people .. u dont even know the kind of spirit in that person ......I can understand if their pastor does it.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Silumi(f): 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

In some churches, not covering the hair is normal. In some other churches, not covering the hair is bad.

Are you seeing it from my point of view.

The poster I quoted wanted to prove the double standard lives of some Deeper Life Girls, that was why I considered them Mixed Multitude (It is a case of Hypocrisy)

I get your point.is hair extensions really a sin I will like to know
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by paulynpen(m): 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
I saw a thread hit frontpage https://www.nairaland.com/4062678/deeper-life-bible-church-cult#60584621 and I decided to write this.

I have known Deeper Life Bible Church, and it is over twenty years. Tho I don’t often attend church services that much due to hustle on Sunday, but I have some Facts to make known to make.

Do you want to hear things that people won’t tell you about deeper life bible church? Sit tight and listen.

Pastor W.F. Kumuyi has corrected some of his mistakes in the past as regards doctrine

In a bid to maintain strict discipline during the early days of the church, a lot of strict doctrines were introduced. These doctrines didn’t come with consequences like people portrayed, but were just preventive measures to some common sins.
The television was banned, not because it was bad, but because it would give room for the devil to corrupt the mind.

“If your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off, and throw it away from you.” Matthew 5: 30.

Right now the Television is now used to transmit the pastor’s message all over the world. He realized that God gave humans the spirit of “FREE WILL” and he urged members to make use of it the right way.

Pastor Kumuyi doesn’t have a personal Bank Account

It might interest you to know that the General Overseer of Deeper Life Bible Church does not have his own personal bank account. He is under the church budget, and likewise other full-time pastors. He feeding, dressing, logistics is budgeted monthly by the church. He has no personal property, investments, and all he has is owned by the church.

One of the Criteria to become a full-time pastor is age
If you haven’t reached the age to retire from active government service, you can never become a full-time pastor in Deeper Life Bible church. Full-time pastors serve as State Coordinators, Regional Overseers, and of cause the General Overseer. Other positions are occupied by pastors who are still working and are not under the church financial budget.

Several Church Laws have been abolished by the General Overseer
In his recent messages, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi has preached against the enforcement of church laws that have no root in the Bible. Popular examples remain the Turban being worn in the church, the financial capabilities of a man before he gets married, and many other relating to technological advancements.
In many of his recent messages, he has preached against church leaders enforcing laws on members that would force them to drop their faith. His main focus was on the marriage committee of the church.

Holiness and Salvation is preached every Sunday
If you aren’t comfortable with someone preaching to you about Holiness, Salvation, Repentance, Restitution every Sunday, then don’t bother coming to church. That is the foundation of the church doctrine, and it will never change.

Deeper Life doesn’t sing and dance on Sundays because…
If you have been wondering why the church service on Sundays doesn’t come with dancing and singing, the answer is simple.
“It will weaken the body; make people fall asleep and tired when the real message about going to heaven is about being preached. We have a day to praise God for singing and praises, and that is during the Thursday revival service” Pastor W.F. Kumuyi explaining to BBC World.

Financial Prosperity is never the Topic of any Message
No pastor would come up the pulpit to preach about financial prosperity as a Sunday Message. The church focuses on “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and every other thing shall be added unto you”

Tithes and offering are collected and sent to the headquarters
Once it gets to the Church headquarters, it is redistributed to various states for the maintenance of churches in the state. If any Church project needs to be carried out, the amount is split according to the capability of members of the churches inside the same country.
No matter how long it takes to get the donations, the church will never seek donations from outside the church. That was the reason it took the church 5 years to complete the headquarters at Gbagada.

Finally, Laying of hands is not allowed in the Church

Pastors pray from their pulpit and miracle happens. "It doesn't matter if you are close or not to a sick person. God is still in the habit of answering the prayers of the righteous" Pastor W.F. Kumuyi.

Ask me any question and I will give you unbiased answers.

If this is true, kumuyi is a true man of God! How many Nigerian pastors will realized they are wrong and come out like this? Look at other churches and see the evils in them, who erected them? This man is a saint. He is sincere and open to the Holy Spirit. I am a Catholic but I think he and adeboye deserve respect. My church taught me that repentance is a daily event. He realize his wrong and correct them. Even the wrongs we are talking about were never for selfish reason but for greater and deeper relationship with the Holy Spirit. I love this. May God grant you the grace to do it. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Silumi(f): 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
JuanDeDios:

Well, people don't usually plan to make a mistake. It happens because they're human.
That is true but hw has come thia far and nothing has happened I believe God can. Sustain him
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by grandstar(m): 6:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
doyinbaby:
Everything a pastor tell members must be confirmed by the bible if it has no biblical basis.....you have every right to reject it........no pastor is perfect all church doctrines must be based on the bible.....when pastor see that people are crosschecking church doctrines and rules from bible the pastor will be careful in setting up doctrines..........pastor must be made to know everything they preach will be crosschecked from bible before members follow

To buttress your point, pls read Acts 17:11, Galatians 1:8,9)
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by DavidEsq(m): 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
Awoo88:

??
Jesus Christ condemned the use of non-scriptiral doctrines in dat scripture. See also 2 Timothy 3:16 which states that doctrines shld be bible based
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Awoo88: 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
DavidEsq:

Jesus Christ condemned the use of non-scriptiral doctrines in dat scripture. See also 2 Timothy 3:16 which states that doctrines shld be bible based
All the 22 doctrines are Bible based and no body had apologize to my knowledge. If you know deeper life that is not Bible based please point it out
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
Silumi:

I get your point.is hair extensions really a sin I will like to know

If you already have one on your hair, there is nothing I would say that would make you change your mind. We are only gonna exchange typos till forever.

But I will leave you with these words. I am not saying it is a sin or not (I am not God). But Church laws still comes to play, and Apostle Paul started it.

Paul's view towards Modest women dressing

"The poorer women and slave women, on the other hand, did not have fancy hairstyles; they did not own anything made from gold; they did not own pearls; and their clothes were simple, inexpensive and probably well-worn.[8] Furthermore, they had to work hard, either to support their families or in the employ of their masters.

It would have been difficult to maintain sisterly affection when some women wore gorgeous clothes and expensive jewellery while others wore plain, even drab, clothes. To foster equality and harmony, Paul wanted the rich women to dress modestly, that is, simply and sensibly. He also wanted them to be generous and to share their wealth with their poorer brothers and sisters. And, instead of idleness, he wanted them to be busy with good works (1 Tim. 2:10; 6:18).[9]

Paul’s real instruction concerning modesty in 1 Timothy 2:8-10 is for humility and meekness.[10] He wanted the wealthy women to be humble for the sake of their poorer sisters, and to dress modestly and present themselves in a way that was unlikely to cause jealousy and ill-feeling.

Does the way you dress make less well-dressed, poorer women feel inferior? Or does the way you dress and present yourself promote equality and harmony in the church?"

I have seen Workers in some churches competing on who has the most expensive hairstyle. Is that God's plan? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
PissedOffWeed:

Now, the case of jeans is Actually rational....
If you Are to wear jeans (as a guy).... Then moderation is to be Applied... Wearing of Razz or stressed jeans or any form of jeans which could be of distraction to other members is allowed..... And you aren't expected to wear jeans that portrays you as a hipster or all these trappers or rappers.

----

Now as for mustache... Keeping of a mustache is highly prohibited for workerS and pastors in the church...
As for the members, if you wanna keep ....Keep it....but it should be always low...
Evem in the professional world, mustache isn't that encouraged except for arabs..

-----

Simplicity in order to edify oneself and others is the key answer

Na wa o..
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Consultdenoni(m): 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
4. On the issue of doctrine change... Please know that Deeper Life will never change on clear instructions from the Bible. It might change in its operations or issues which may not be current or policies abused or misinterpreted by certain workers, in as much ad the change does not negate the Bible. Every organization has a set of rules and unique operations to maintain order. Also, as humans, we learn from our mistakes. Every organization or even churches have had to change its modus operandi at one point or the other.
This is my take
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by romeorailss: 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
sexy74:
correcting doctrines at the late stage, what of people that was mislead like my father.
He mislead them with his doctrine and made most of them lose their esteem and dignity juts because they where trying to adhere to a doctrine.
There will always be a doctrine now or verse to justify all that was done then.
This is medicine after death.
Sincerely he is oene man of God I have respected .

Ain't it better to drive that when he felt it was wrong than not caring under the form of pride, how can a whole me W. F Kumuyieeat my words. That's to tell u no man is infallible, which he admitted.

How many pastors of such calibres have you seen so that? angry
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by DavidEsq(m): 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
Awoo88:

All the 22 doctrines are Bible based and no body had apologize to my knowledge. If you know deeper life that is not Bible based please point it out
That ain't waram saying. Waram saying is dat non bible-based doctrines are caught up by d scripture I cited
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
lonikit:

salvation, how are you?? happy sunday
happy Sunday my brother. Hope you are good. More power to your elbow
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by kelechi50: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

The GO's word is only taken into consideration by workers of the church.

Other members are free to do what they like without anyone talking to them. Only the workers of the church are mandated to keep up with instructions.
please kindly withdraw this statement, the GO's word is only taken into consideration by the workers of the church. Other members are free to do what what they like without anyone talking to them.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by flamingREED(m): 7:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Ma'am, anybody can come to church. But not everyone believes in the gospel of salvation.

I am not trying to discriminate, but we also have theives in deeper life.

So those you call Deeperlife girls with extensions on their hair,

You can also ask Moses in the bible about the Mixed Multitude.

Why bother yourself explaining things to the world?

Most persons in DLBC came from other othordox. and pentecostal churches and had the assurance that God was indeed in the church.

No true son disregards his father even though fathers too have their limitations.

In a father's good intention he may over act,
but that cannot sever their bond.

The world should know we've acknowledged Kumuyi as a true father doing all within his power to take us to heaven.

We will bear with him till the end.

I have stopped exhorting reprobates.

Shalom.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by sexy74(m): 7:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
Awoo88:

There is not such thing as "correct doctrine". Deeper Life still maintain the doctrine it started with. What is being relaxed is the man made law which was introduced to ensure discipline but some have turned to power show. As for doctrine?? It is still 22 Bible doctrine
You decided to call it Laws, and thank God you agreed its man made.
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by sexy74(m): 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2017
Silumi:

Your father had a choice my father also had a choice.if your father stayed he chose to.so did mine it is not any body fault but theirs.kumiye area the word as it was revealed to him I don't believe it was misleading
You have every right to your own belief, am not I'm the position to tell you of that.
carry go.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Dnockeror333(m): 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=BiafraBushBoy post=63357909]I saw a thread hit frontpage https://www.nairaland.com/4062678/deeper-life-bible-church-cult#60584621 and I decided to write this.

I have known Deeper Life Bible Church, and it is over twenty years. Tho I don’t often attend church services that much due to hustle on Sunday, but I have some Facts to make known to make.

Do you want to hear things that people won’t tell you about deeper life bible church? Sit tight and listen.

Pastor W.F. Kumuyi has corrected some of his mistakes in the past as regards doctrine

In a bid to maintain strict discipline during the early days of the church, a lot of strict doctrines were introduced. These doctrines didn’t come with consequences like people portrayed, but were just preventive measures to some common sins.
The television was banned, not because it was bad, but because it would give room for the devil to corrupt the mind.

About your words on marriage, can you please, explain more? I d not understand it.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by mickeymimi: 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2017
Pastor Kumuyi doesn’t have a personal Bank Account

It might interest you to know that the General Overseer of Deeper Life Bible Church does not have his own personal bank account. He is under the church budget, and likewise other full-time pastors. He feeding, dressing, logistics is budgeted monthly by the church. He has no personal property, investments, and all he has is owned by the church.

Wow!.....I respect this man...while some pastors are busy setting up investment and acquiring properties for their kids .
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by sexy74(m): 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
romeorailss:

Ain't it better to drive that when he felt it was wrong than not caring under the form of pride, how can a whole me W. F Kumuyieeat my words. That's to tell u no man is infallible, which he admitted.

How many pastors of such calibres have you seen so that? angry
If you read my last line you will see what I said.
Time has changed his laws he used to cage his followers will not work now.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Silumi(f): 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

If you already have one on your hair, there is nothing I would say that would make you change your mind. We are only gonna exchange typos till forever.

But I will leave you with these words. I am not saying it is a sin or not (I am not God). But Church laws still comes to play, and Apostle Paul started it.

Paul's view towards Modest women dressing

"The poorer women and slave women, on the other hand, did not have fancy hairstyles; they did not own anything made from gold; they did not own pearls; and their clothes were simple, inexpensive and probably well-worn.[8] Furthermore, they had to work hard, either to support their families or in the employ of their masters.

It would have been difficult to maintain sisterly affection when some women wore gorgeous clothes and expensive jewellery while others wore plain, even drab, clothes. To foster equality and harmony, Paul wanted the rich women to dress modestly, that is, simply and sensibly. He also wanted them to be generous and to share their wealth with their poorer brothers and sisters. And, instead of idleness, he wanted them to be busy with good works (1 Tim. 2:10; 6:18).[9]

Paul’s real instruction concerning modesty in 1 Timothy 2:8-10 is for humility and meekness.[10] He wanted the wealthy women to be humble for the sake of their poorer sisters, and to dress modestly and present themselves in a way that was unlikely to cause jealousy and ill-feeling.

Does the way you dress make less well-dressed, poorer women feel inferior? Or does the way you dress and present yourself promote equality and harmony in the church?"

I have seen Workers in some churches competing on who has the most expensive hairstyle. Is that God's plan? smiley
Yes I do have one on me now I made peace with God about it a long time ago.you are right I have delved into the word of God cover to cover about it and yes as Its already a conviction you cannot change my mind.i appreciate what you wrote about it though your point of view is free of judgement and biblical to yes for equality and harmony it is really essential.i agree totally
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
kelechi50:
please kindly withdraw this statement, the GO's word is only taken into consideration by the workers of the church. Other members are free to do what what they like without anyone talking to them.

I am writing from an unbiased point of view.

I can wear anything I like to church as a non worker, and nobody says stuffs to me.

But a worker can't do same. Hope you get?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2017
Silumi:

Yes I do have one on me now I made peace with God about it a long time ago.you are right I have delved into the word of God cover to cover about it and yes as Its already a conviction you cannot change my mind.i appreciate what you wrote about it though your point of view is free of judgement and biblical to yes for equality and harmony it is really essential.i agree totally

#Shalom.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by oruma19: 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Awoo88:

What error did Kumuyi apologize for??
he apologised about TV set, he apologized for excommunicating former pastors for objecting to some of his beliefs, he even said the person that will take over from him us free to change some of the doctrines or beliefs that are strictly on morals and not completely bible based. Kumuyi is humble
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by durasome(m): 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
I remember my days in deeper life! wow bared from wearing jeans and some type of foot wears.i remember seeing a brother then throwing his TV set into a pit latrine,church will force sisters on brothers for marriage, the churches in the cities keep marginalising the local ones in the villages. imagine we contributing to build head quarter that we are not allowed to come to for anything.not even any place for retreat, you have to provide where to camp for retreat,during retreats when we were allowed to come for camp at the headquarters, our local churches will be instructed to contribute food stuffs and money for the camping with the promise that food will be provided by what the various branches has contributed, but when you get to camp, church will use these items and set up canteen where you buy food instead of the free food. I have decided to worship my God from home.churches tire me.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by GindoX(m): 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
i like pastor Kumuyi....my everyday crush

i wish he can take me as his second wife

Woman, be careful for what u wish for.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by aspirebig: 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
I spotted tithe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Certificate Saga: Apostle Suleiman's 2015 Prophecies: See No 47- / Folorunso Alakija Anoints her Church Members (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo At Tope Alabi's 50th Birthday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.