Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (77521 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
From Kumuyi's DCLM teachings

Please refrain from again, throwing up this thoughtless and reckless total disregard for the truth bile remark

Exactly, stop been miserable and follow the just cause

Meanwhile Kumuyi, for your information, like he's done on record,
wouldnt mince words, in calling you, a robber, for not giving a mandatory ecclesiastical tithing,
and further will tell you, that for about those 2½ years till now, you are stealing, for not giving the mandatory/obligatory 10% of your income
Kindly use ur life for something meaningful, U are like a dog barking at the moon,Pastor Kumuyi has never or will never force anyone to pay tithe, if he calls his followers robber for not paying tithe which he had never did or will he ever do,because he condemn sin and never the sinner, he is right because Malachi said it.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by OlaSammie: 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

If you already have one on your hair, there is nothing I would say that would make you change your mind. We are only gonna exchange typos till forever.

But I will leave you with these words. I am not saying it is a sin or not (I am not God). But Church laws still comes to play, and Apostle Paul started it.

Paul's view towards Modest women dressing

"The poorer women and slave women, on the other hand, did not have fancy hairstyles; they did not own anything made from gold; they did not own pearls; and their clothes were simple, inexpensive and probably well-worn.[8] Furthermore, they had to work hard, either to support their families or in the employ of their masters.

It would have been difficult to maintain sisterly affection when some women wore gorgeous clothes and expensive jewellery while others wore plain, even drab, clothes. To foster equality and harmony, Paul wanted the rich women to dress modestly, that is, simply and sensibly. He also wanted them to be generous and to share their wealth with their poorer brothers and sisters. And, instead of idleness, he wanted them to be busy with good works (1 Tim. 2:10; 6:18).[9]

Paul’s real instruction concerning modesty in 1 Timothy 2:8-10 is for humility and meekness.[10] He wanted the wealthy women to be humble for the sake of their poorer sisters, and to dress modestly and present themselves in a way that was unlikely to cause jealousy and ill-feeling.

Does the way you dress make less well-dressed, poorer women feel inferior? Or does the way you dress and present yourself promote equality and harmony in the church?"

I have seen Workers in some churches competing on who has the most expensive hairstyle. Is that God's plan? smiley

Wow! I never knew you had such knowledge of the scripture.
I love the way you explained it,you are right!

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by JuanDeDios: 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Nice tricky question. In fact, he once disowned one of his children who attempted to spoil his image. I guess he has forgiven him but the boy is no longer a church worker.

As long as he lives in line with the scriptures, no case of booting out. But the moment he starts preaching False Doctrine (Which I don't see happening at this old age), I guess serious minded xtians would leave both the account and church for him (
grin I see. Lucky fellow.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by asiga(m): 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
And please add that he does not own a private jet and school built by worshippers tithe which the ordinary members cannot afford to send their children to.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by DEADALIVE: 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
INTERNET the bed rock to information and knowledge leading to power...interestingly what will never change is "...follow peace with all men HOLINESS without no man shall see the Lord."
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by DEADALIVE: 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
INTERNET the bed rock to information and knowledge leading to power...interestingly what will never change is "...follow peace with all men HOLINESS without which no man shall see the Lord."
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by MuttleyLaff: 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
profolaolu:
Kindly use ur life for something meaningful, U are like a dog barking at the moon
Werent you warned about making thoughtless and reckless total disregard for the truth bile remarks

profolaolu:
Pastor Kumuyi has never or will never force anyone to pay tithe,
if he calls his followers robber for not paying tithe which he had never did or will he ever do,
because he condemn sin and never the sinner, he is right because Malachi said it.
Try search on YouTube, to see, if he called members not paying tithes, robbers or not
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Tphoto1(m): 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
Is that the virgin he married then?
Wow she is cute
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by durasome(m): 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
giftedshantel:

Eya Ignorance is a disease! Were you not served morning, afternoon and in the evening? The food stuffs in the canteen is bought and sold by private individuals not the church as a whole
I would rather advice you to continue attending services as God warns us not to forsake the assembly of the Godly. Use your lofe to serve God now that you still have the chance, the night cometh when no man can work, better work the works of him while it is day
Thanks
.definitely not with dlbc again,i ask you and your pastor, does God standard change?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Ermacc: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
profolaolu:
Who are U to tell us what we want, keep ur miserable life to yourself
stop catching feelings
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
Pastor W. F Kumuyi isn't Go but gs(general supritendent)
BiafranBushBoy:

The GO's word is only taken into consideration by workers of the church.

Other members are free to do what they like without anyone talking to them. Only the workers of the church are mandated to keep up with instructions.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2017
jeesprecy:
Pastor W. F Kumuyi isn't Go but gs(general supritendent)

Roger that ma'am
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=Dnockeror333 post=63371586][/quote]

In a bid to marriage comfortable, the church decided that brothers would be comfortable well, before they decide to marry a sister.

Things like a good job

Good house and etc were becoming hindrance to struggling guys who had already reach the age of marriage

Pastor decided to warn the marriage committee.

As long as they have prayed over their marriage, they are in love, they are comfortable with each other, they should get married in a Godly way regardless of the man finances.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by MhizzAJ(f): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
ArcFresky:
@ MhizzAJ, come and read oohhh....and kindly reply my dm naa, abii whats the delay?
I've seen it oo
What district do you fellowship with?

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
Luckygurl:
Biafrabushboy

You seem to have a lot of ties with DLBC. Your other thread about their wedding ceremony and this too.

I'm right, ba??

Born and bred there?? Tell me a bit of your history with the church, you still worship there(if you ever did).

Yeap dear. Born and raised in deeper life. I still worship. It conforms with my quiet type of lifestyle. I am introverted by nature, so I love how they worship.

I have a long history with the church, but I can't type everything here. Privacy reasons.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nne5:
Deeperlife is a good church but most deeperlifers practice religion and not Christianity.They keep to the law forgetting that Jesus christ's death brought liberty to us and made us free from the law.

I can't be a member of the church because of their rules.I believe that in Christ Jesus,i have liberty and wouldnt want to go someplace where i'd feel like my liberty is taken away.Whenever i go to church, i like to sing and dance to my creator but that would never be possible in a deeperlife church where i'd be regarded as a sinner if i ever did that lool.
I also like to look gooood but mehn in deeper life that would be close to impossible.I cant go about wearing big clothes and the mandatory deeperlife pleated skirts.Jeez! I wonder if those sisters nor dey shame when they wear those skirts.
Also most deeperlife members regard people from other denominations as sinners.That idiocy always irritates me.

They're mostly hypocritical too.

Anyways everything should be about conviction and moderation.Their church their rules. No denying they preach God's word undiluted.Kudos to PSTkumuyi in that aspect.

Btw his biafrabu.shboy too dey defend deeper life.Na wa oo.

Smh. I just read all you wrote. God EPP you.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nne5: 11:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Smh. I just read all you wrote. God EPP you.
Amen! Epp you too.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
i like pastor Kumuyi....my everyday crush

i wish he can take me as his second wife

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by ArcFresky(m): 12:00am On Dec 18, 2017
MhizzAJ:

I've seen it oo
What district do you fellowship with?

Ogba-Iju group, dont wanna mention district here

Make we chat privately naa,
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by DavidEsq(m): 12:12am On Dec 18, 2017
whitebeard:
we study the bible (word of GOD) I believe that is specific enough.
Eya.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 18, 2017
Consultdenoni:
Well, I'm sure this op wrote this thread was well intended, but not every thing written here is correct. I'm a member since childhood and now in my 30s.

1. On the issue of Television... The principal goal of the church is for its members to make heaven. For every serious minded believer, in times past, the TV was a huge source of tempting pictures. But with the advent of phones and internet, sources are multiplied. There was no point hammering on TV alone. But Pastor Kumuyi's position remains abstain from all appearance of evil.

2. On the issue of age to become a full time pastor, I think you got that wrongly. Right now, its Deeper life Church policy now that to be a full time worker you must not be more than 45 years of age. But this is not strictly followed for full time pastors now as any can be called (as led by the spirit) to be a full time pastor in as much as he has the capacity and passes the interview process. Recently, I know of a lecturer who was made a Region Overseer.

3. On the issue of laying of hands, it is believed that there are no barriers in the spirit realm. It is not compulsory to lay hands before miracles take place especially when the crowd is large.. But if is one on one counseling and prayer session, laying of hands can be done if necessary
Point 3 got me worried when op was explaining
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by DavidEsq(m): 12:17am On Dec 18, 2017
ArcFresky:

Ogba-Iju group, dont wanna mention district here

Make we chat privately naa,

https://chat.whats app.com/GjDR0p2V4KOKnoyjIO6HLJ
Awon Holy.

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 18, 2017
Beey:
So hair extensions, modern wedding dresses & makeup are considered unholy in deeper life?Even suits and ties should be unholy also.It's some kind of discrimination against women.
Hair extension is unholy. 1Tim 2:9 "Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments". For make up the only woman who wore make up was Jezebel ( 2 king 9:30)
The Bible made it clear in Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect". It's not the will of God that Christians should copy the world system because the same Bible say in James 4:4 "You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God"

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by XX01(f): 12:45am On Dec 18, 2017
giftedshantel:

It took 15 years please take note

5 years or 15 years, the point is that it was not from lack of money.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Beey(f): 1:05am On Dec 18, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Hair extension is unholy. 1Tim 2:9 "Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments". For make up the only woman who wore make up was Jezebel ( 2 king 9:30)
The Bible made it clear in Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect". It's not the will of God that Christians should copy the world system because the same Bible say in James 4:4 "You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God"
This was told specifically to the women in Ephesus because they were in the habit of showing off and were encouraged to be quiet in public gatherings because of their behavior.So women don't stand on the pulpit in deeper life?The devil is a liar!Just because Jezebel an evil woman wore makeup, that doesn't turn makeup evil.Otherwise jewelry have been there for a long time even in the days of Moses.Esther was adorned & bathed in perfume before going to see the king.Is perfume/deodorant also considered unholy?I am glad Christ came to set us free from becoming slaves to men & man-made doctrines.By the way if you think salvation is earned by dressing a certain way, know those are works & the Bible is clear that salvation is by grace & not works lest any man should boast.You cannot keep the law.You'll keep some & break others!But as they say, to each his own.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Makuos: 4:22am On Dec 18, 2017
Beey:
This was told specifically to the women in Ephesus because they were in the habit of showing off and were encouraged to be quiet in public gatherings because of their behavior.So women don't stand on the pulpit in deeper life?The devil is a liar!Just because Jezebel an evil woman wore makeup, that doesn't turn makeup evil.Otherwise jewelry have been there for a long time even in the days of Moses.Esther was adorned & bathed in perfume before going to see the king.Is perfume/deodorant also considered unholy?I am glad Christ came to set us free from becoming slaves to men & man-made doctrines.By the way if you think salvation is earned by dressing a certain way, know those are works & the Bible is clear that salvation is by grace & not works lest any man should boast.You cannot keep the law.You'll keep some & break others!But as they say, to each his own.

When you wear makeup, are you different from those in the Club house, Nollywood or Brothel And did God drill holes on any part of your body for you to wear jewelry or what's the purpose of wearing jewelry?

Besides, where did Esther adorned and bathed with perfume before going to see the king
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Dnockeror333(m): 4:26am On Dec 18, 2017
drowsing.... embarasseddrowsing....
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Dnockeror333(m): 4:39am On Dec 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Yeap dear. Born and raised in deeper life. I still worship. It conforms with my quiet type of lifestyle. I am introverted by nature, so I love how they worship.

I have a long history with the church, but I can't type everything here. Privacy reasons.

Privacy kinî? Sur inko ti iwo nur fe sur jo pke ka bgadun! (What privacy? Say what you want to say her,e lets enjoy). Remember, if we are naked to the world without any secrets, we will be the most happiest the days when our deeds appear in the Judgement of Deeds when the Lord unravel every secret deeds before all soul/flesh...!

Lets eat your own Yam first man...!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Beey(f): 5:02am On Dec 18, 2017
Makuos:

When you wear makeup, are you different from those in the Club house, Nollywood and Brothel And did God opened your ears to wear jewelry/earring or what's the purpose of wearing jewelry?

Besides, where did Esther adorned and bathed with perfume before going to see the king
What's wrong with those in Nollywood?See am not from Nigeria so please tell me more.If God found a problem with jewelry, he'd have told the Israelite women not to wear it. As for Esther, Esther 2:12.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Dnockeror333(m): 5:05am On Dec 18, 2017
PissedOffWeed:

So tell me where in the bible you ladies and ya pastors saw "oh ye ladies, wear tight butt shape exposing and boobs exposing clothes into my presence, twerk ye and seduce my sheep" They aint strng...... Cos ladies are really turning churches into a soft ....
Since it is not allowed in Deeper life... Y'all be hating the church!

What have we worn, what can we wear, what will we wear that we do not know what is inside u? Many a man/women dress shambly because they aint keen dresser. Yet remember, the old partway, the olden days, the days before we found wool and skin; are we more better than those days who tried to cover the coverless.
Yet the flesh should be covered because of the climte/weather and because of the sun, dust and elements and shame. Not because of lust, because the sinful lusty flesh cannever stop sinning! Remove man's doctrines...!

But tell me, why do the Church pastors still allow women to teach men who had `no manly penile gland'?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Oju4190: 6:03am On Dec 18, 2017
I luv deeper life
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Kaycee9242(m): 6:44am On Dec 18, 2017
Hmmm deeper life members can be mean and wicked ooo!! I remember dt year we are writing waec once u hear dt d external invigilator is their member u just zero ur mind dt u av failed dt paper. Oyo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Certificate Saga: Apostle Suleiman's 2015 Prophecies: See No 47- / Folorunso Alakija Anoints her Church Members (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo At Tope Alabi's 50th Birthday (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.