Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) (21555 Views)

Aregbesola Commissions 10 Fire Fighter Trucks Worth N1.8 Billion (Photos) / Aregbesola Commissions Immigration Office Complex In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by iconize(m): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jaideyone:
next time you need to call someone a moronic illiterate make sure you are armed with facts

most industrialised states in Nigeria: Ogun is third behind Lagos and rivers

https://www.naija.ng/1133061-top-10-industrialized-states-nigeria.html

the economy of Ogun is bigger than that of anambra. Ogun is fourth in Nigeria and anambra is 16th
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

Ogun state attracts more FDI than anambra
http://punchng.com/ogun-attracts-75-fdi-into-nigeria-uk-envoy/

you are the moronic illiterate.

You're a sewage rat. grin grin

100 million Nigerians including your hungry asś, live on less than $2 per day, lol.

Moreover, Your industries have not stopped you from looking malnourished and ugly.

Do you still want more facts? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
iconize:

You're a sewage rat. grin grin

100 million Nigerians including your hungry asś, live on less than $2 per day, lol.

Moreover, Your industries have not stopped you from looking malnourished and ugly.

Do you still want more facts? grin grin
you are the mor0n now that I've presented you with facts and figures you can't say anything reasonable again.

keep talking gibberish.
slowpoke
Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
taayourty:
Omoluabi ni ire. Thank you!!!

Open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/open-letter-asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu/

I am compelled to write this open letter to you because of the state of affairs of the Yoruba nation. Firstly, I wish to acknowledge that fate has put you in a prime position to determine to a large extent the direction that the Yoruba people will go. The indisputable truth is that one may quarrel with your politics but your sagacity is never in doubt. Even those who don’t see eye to eye with you agree that you are imbued with unusual native intelligence, uncommon people skills and unrivaled foresight. You, more than any other person, has been the game changer since the advent of democracy in 1999. It is for these reasons that I have chosen to direct this letter to you. My singular purpose is to tug at the strings of your heart. I am not writing to appeal to partisan considerations but to see, if per chance, I can pour out my heart to you in a manner of speaking. God has blessed you even beyond your wildest imagination. You have installed Senators and Governors. You have removed Governors and even a President. You have also installed a President. There is nothing you have wished for or desired that you didn’t get. Fortune has smiled on you. Goodwill follows you everywhere you go. You have done very well- more than most men ever will. However, there is one area that is begging for your urgent attention. This area may well define you and all you have ever achieved. This matter, in my opinion, is the only difference between you and the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Let me restate for the purpose of emphasis that this is the area in which the late sage and Leader of the Yorubas stand head and shoulders above you. It is the reason his name has been a constant denominator in our regional and national politics. It is the reason politicians, friends and foes invoke his name for political advantage and personal glory. It is also the reason why we can’t stop talking about him almost thirty years after his death. What will anyone say about you thirty years after you have transited? Asiwaju Sir, you may be wondering what I’m talking about? It is the issue of legacy. According to Peter Strople, ‘Legacy is not leaving something for people, it is leaving something in people’. Legacy is building something that outlives you. Legacy is greater than currency. In the words of Leonard Sweet, ‘ What you do is your history. What you set in motion is your legacy’. You can’t live forever, Sir. No one can. But you can create something that will. Enough of speaking in parables- I shall now speak plainly. When destiny brought you on the scene, we were enamoured because you championed the case for true federalism. It was your belief then that the Yoruba nation will fare better under a restructured arrangement than under the type of unitary government we run while pretending by calling it a federal government. Everyone knows that there is nothing federal about our government at all. If truth must be told, the Yoruba nation has fared very badly since the advent of our new democracy. And this is not about holding power at the centre. Let me bring this home: someone passed a comment recently that he would want Biafra to become a reality because he knows the Igbo nation will survive. That comment led me to deeper introspection as I wondered if the Yorubas can truly survive. Let me cite my first example. From Oyo to Osun, Ogun to Ondo, Ekiti to Kwara and Lagos, hardly will one see any serious industry or manufacturing concern owned by a Yoruba person. I am not talking about portfolio businesses or one-man business concerns. Most industries in Oyo State are owned by the Lebanese. The native business and industry gurus who dominated the landscape- Nathaniel Idowu, Amos Adegoke, Lekan Salami, Alao Arisekola, Adeola Odutola, Jimoh Odutola, Chief Theophilus Adediran Oni and others- are all gone with no credible replacements. I’m sure you remember the tyre factory of the Odutolas and how Jimoh Odutola was even asked by the Governments of Kenya and Ghana to set up a similar factory in their countries. Chief Theophilus Adediran # Oni , popularly called T.A # Oni & Sons started the first indigenous construction company in Nigeria. He willed his residence- Goodwill House, to the Oyo/Western state government, to be used as a Paediatric Hospital, which is now known as T.A Oni Memorial Children Hospital at Ring Road in Ibadan. This sprawling family Estate and residence was cited on a 15acre piece of land, 65 rooms, with modern conveniences, Olympic Swimming Pool and stable for Horses, etc. People like Chief Bode Akindele started companies like Standard Breweries and Dr Pepper Soft drink factory at Alomaja in Ibadan. Broking House built by the late Femi Johnson, an insurance magnate, still stands glittering in the mid-day sun as an epitome to a rich history that Ibadan has. The most serious and only notable Yoruba entrepreneur we have now is Michael Adenuga. I say this quite consciously because most of the other names are oil and gas barons. Most of what stood as testaments of industry in Oyo State are gone- Exide Batteries, Leyland Autos and many others. In its place are shopping malls and road side markets but no nation develops through buying and selling alone- especially when you’re not actually producing what you’re selling. Hypermarkets and supermarkets have taken over because of the need to feed our insatiable consumer-appetite and foreign tastes. In one instance, an ancient landmark in the form of a hotel was demolished to pave way for a mall. That is how low we have sunk. If our past is better than our present- if we always look back with nostalgia frequently, then there is a problem. The case of other states is not different. Osun’s case is pathetic. Ditto for Ondo and Ekiti. Ogun State can boast of some factories at Sango-Otta and Agbara axis but most of them are not owned by the Yorubas. [/b]There is no significant pharmaceutical company owned by any Yoruba except for Bond Chemicals in Awe, Oyo State- and its wallet share is very insignificant. For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir,[b] go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don’t forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed. I wish to state that this letter is not meant to whip up primordial considerations or ethnic sentiments but just to put things in proper perspective. Asiwaju, I will like to also talk about the state of education in the Yoruba nation. Our education has gone to the dogs. We have a bunch of mis-educated and ill-educated young men and women roaming the streets. Ibadan, for instance, had the first University in Nigeria and the first set of research centres in Nigeria ( The Forestry Research Institute, the Cocoa Research Institute (CRIN), The Nigerian Cereal Research Institute Moor Plantation (NCRI), the NIHORT (Nigerian Institute of Horticultural Research), the NISER (Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research), IAR&T (Institute of Agriculture, Research and Training), amongst several others). Ibadan was the bastion of scholarship with people like Wole Soyinka, JP Clark, D.O Fagunwa and Amos Tutuola as residents. In the May/June 2015 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, Abia came tops. Anambra came 2nd while Edo was 3rd. Lagos placed 6th while Osun and Oyo was 29th and 26th. Ekiti was 11th, Ondo State was 13th and Ogun State was 19th. In 2013 WASSCE, only Lagos and Ogun States were the Yoruba States above the national average. If we do an analysis of how Lagos placed 6th in 2015, you will discover that it was substantially because of other nationalities resident in Lagos. For proof, please look no further than the winners of the Spelling Bee competition which has produced One-Day Governors in Lagos State. Since inception in 2001, other nationalities have won the competition six times (Ebuka Anisiobi in 2001, Ovuwhore Etiti in 2002, Abundance Ikechukwu in 2006, Daniel Osunbor in 2008, Akpakpan Iniodu Jones in 2011 and Lilian Ogbuefi in 2012). Sir, there is something seriously wrong about our state of education. From the vintage times of Obafemi Awolowo who initiated ‘free education’, we have regressed into a most parlous state. Let me talk about roads, housing and infrastructure . The first dualized road in Nigeria, the Queen Elizabeth road from Mokola to Agodi in Ibadan was formally commissioned by Queen Elizabeth in 1956. The first Housing Estate in Nigeria is Bodija Housing Estate (also in Ibadan) which was built in 1958. The state of roads in the Yoruba nation has become pathetic. Our hinterland are still largely rural. Even some state capitals like Osogbo and Ado-Ekiti are big villages when you compare them to towns in the South East. How many new estates have been built over the last decade? Even Ajoda New Town lies in ruins. We have abandoned the farm settlement strategy of the Western Region and only pay lip service to agriculture. Instead of feeding others like we once did, others now feed us. We plant no tomatoes, no pepper and the basic food that we require. The Indians have bought the large expanse of water body that we have in Onigambari village. The water body in Oke Ogun of Oyo State can provide enough fish to feed the whole of the South West. From being a major cocoa exporter many years ago, one can point to just a few vestiges of factories that still deal with Cocoa in the Yoruba nation. 80% of Cocoa processing industries in the South West have been shut down. The Chinese have taken over the cashew belt at Ogbomoso in Oyo State. They have even edged out the indigenes as brokers. They now come to the cashew belt to buy from the local farmers, sell on the spot to other Chinese exporters who now process the cashew nuts and import them back into Nigeria at a premium. Sir, there are only 7 major cashew processing plants in Nigeria and you can check out the ownership. The glory has departed from the Yoruba nation. Apart from Asejire, Ede, Ikere Gorge and Oyan dams built ages ago, where are the new dams to cater for increased population and water capacity for the Yoruba nation? How have we improved on what our heroes past left us? Maybe apart from certain areas in Lagos State, others can’t even supply their citizens with pipe-borne water. Our youth which we used to take pride in are largely a mass of unemployed and unemployable people. Have you noticed the abundance of street urchins, area boys, touts and ‘agberos’ that we now have all across the Yoruba nation? Have you noticed the swell in the ranks of NURTW (I mean no disrespect to an otherwise noble union)? Have you noticed the increase in the number of Yoruba beggars? There was a time that it was taboo for a Yoruba man to beg- but no more. The spirit of apprenticeship is dead. There was a time that people who learn vocational skills celebrate what we referred to as ‘freedom’. While that is largely moribund now in the Yoruba nation, the Igbos still practice it with great success. The only thing we can boldly say the Yoruba nation controls is the information machinery- the press. We own largely the newspapers- the Nation, Punch, Nigerian Tribune, TV Continental and a few others. It is because of our control of this information machinery that we have rewritten the narrative in the country with the misguided self-belief that things are normal and we are making progress. A look beyond the surface will prove that this is so untrue. We are largely divided. For the first time in the history of the Yoruba nation, religion is about to divide us further- and it is starting from Osun State. You are married to a Christian. My own father-in-law is an Alhaji. That is how we have peacefully do-existed but the fabrics are about to be torn to shreds because of poor management of issues. Afenifere has been reduced to a shadow of itself. OPC that once defended Yoruba interests has gone into oblivion. Yoruba elders have been vilified in the name of politics and partisanship. It is no longer news to see teenagers throwing stones at their elders because of their political indoctrination. Even under the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the Yorubas never belonged to just a single party- yet our unity was without blemish. Now, our values have gone down the drain. Asiwaju, I believe I have said enough. The task is Herculean but I believe Providence has brought you here for such a time like this. It is time for the Yoruba nation to clean up its acts. What do we really want? How can we quickly right the wrongs? The Yoruba nation is in a state of arrested development. The Yoruba nation is gasping for breath and crying for help. Will you rise up to the occasion? I am aware you understand that all politics is local and charity begins at home. Our fathers gave us a proverb: ‘Bi o’ode o dun, bi igbe ni’gboro ri’. I know there are no quick fixes but I also know that if there is anyone who has the capacity to do something about our current situation, that person is you. This should be the legacy you should think of. Your legacy is our future. Yours Very Sincerely, By Bayo Adeyinka

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/open-letter-asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu/

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians

from Magodo, Lagos, Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye says the Yoruba youths are no longer making their valuable contributions to the political and cultural life in Nigeria. What can the Yoruba people do to restore lost influence?

Lateef Raji, a public policy analyst, in an article titled

Consequently, as a concerned Nigerian, I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba youths in the current fight against unemployment, starvation and poverty in Nigeria. This question was necessitated by my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today.

I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity. Today, among ten Nigerians submitting their resumes to multinational corporations eight would be Yorubas. Folks from my generation in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to tap from the abundant opportunities that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for primitive accumulation of wealth.

The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger-Deltans and the Northerners have indirectly taken over the control of economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s indisputable number one centre of success, excellence and opportunities.

The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually been taken over by the Easterners. The data that I got from the Nigerian custom services divulges that 63% of those licensed to transact businesses in Apapa Wharf are Igbos.

More so, data collected from licensing office reveals that owners of 56% of commercial motorcycles in Lagos are Northerners and Easterners. The lucrative transport business has been hijacked from the Yorubas.

Today, the major work of average Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is to collect royalty, due and charges from the Hausas and Igbos, using their motorcycles to make cool cash from their land. Ninety-five percent of transport, travel and tour firms operating in Lagos are owned by the enterprising and hardworking Easterners.

The Yorubas stay at various intersections harassing hardworking people transacting their legal businesses in the name of collecting charges and dues for the local government. I also discovered that majority of the few Yorubas riding commercial motorcycles in Lagos are locally-trained automobile engineers that have abandoned their workshops.

Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and Owode motor spare parts markets in Lagos are now solidly in the hands of Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are in the market collecting dues for their local government chairmen and the Iyaloja General of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo, Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota, etc. markets have been taken over by the Easterners and Northerners who are predominantly youths.

Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba youths. Today, the Yorubas hardly tune their DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of the satellite television; rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies are short of creativity.

I can also articulate that 85% of the CEOs and executive directors of commercial banks operating in Nigeria today are Igbos and Hausas under the age of 50. They are very talented in boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba counterparts, and they assist each other with an amazing ease.

Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively.

In 2014, the reports of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Council (NECO) revealed that the Yorubas have been upturned by the Easterners in terms of academic performance. Ekiti, a state known as fountain of knowledge, was number 34 in 2013.

The Yorubas are also missing in the sports sector. The Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, Flamingoes, Falconets, Super Falcons, D'Tigers, other national teams are dominated by the Igbos and Hausas. The team that won the African Cup of Nations for Nigeria in 2013 was tagged Biafran national team by some columnists and social commentators, including myself.

Politically, the Igbos and Hausas are more united than the Yorubas. The result of the 2015 presidential election is a point of reference. The Hausas voted massively for General Buhari of the APC, while the Igbos extraordinarily voted for Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP.

Sadly, the Yorubas had no bearing during the election. Jonathan’s inner circle members are currently blaming the Yorubas for their son's expected defeat. Victorious Buhari's teammates are reportedly saying that the Yorubas contributed little or nothing to the success of their kinsman.

In conclusion, I want to impel my generation in the Western part of Nigeria to wake up and begin to act. The nation of Nigeria that I am seeing today is hemorrhaging. I suggest we put ourselves in strategic positions. The bitter truth is that our leaders only think for themselves and their children.
https://www.naija.ng/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by totit: 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
[s]
post=63394286:
Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians

from Magodo, Lagos, Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye says the Yoruba youths are no longer making their valuable contributions to the political and cultural life in Nigeria. What can the Yoruba people do to restore lost influence?

Lateef Raji, a public policy analyst, in an article titled

Consequently, as a concerned Nigerian, I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba youths in the current fight against unemployment, starvation and poverty in Nigeria. This question was necessitated by my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today.

I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity. Today, among ten Nigerians submitting their resumes to multinational corporations eight would be Yorubas. Folks from my generation in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to tap from the abundant opportunities that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for primitive accumulation of wealth.

The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger-Deltans and the Northerners have indirectly taken over the control of economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s indisputable number one centre of success, excellence and opportunities.

The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually been taken over by the Easterners. The data that I got from the Nigerian custom services divulges that 63% of those licensed to transact businesses in Apapa Wharf are Igbos.

More so, data collected from licensing office reveals that owners of 56% of commercial motorcycles in Lagos are Northerners and Easterners. The lucrative transport business has been hijacked from the Yorubas.

Today, the major work of average Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is to collect royalty, due and charges from the Hausas and Igbos, using their motorcycles to make cool cash from their land. Ninety-five percent of transport, travel and tour firms operating in Lagos are owned by the enterprising and hardworking Easterners.

The Yorubas stay at various intersections harassing hardworking people transacting their legal businesses in the name of collecting charges and dues for the local government. I also discovered that majority of the few Yorubas riding commercial motorcycles in Lagos are locally-trained automobile engineers that have abandoned their workshops.

Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and Owode motor spare parts markets in Lagos are now solidly in the hands of Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are in the market collecting dues for their local government chairmen and the Iyaloja General of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo, Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota, etc. markets have been taken over by the Easterners and Northerners who are predominantly youths.

Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba youths. Today, the Yorubas hardly tune their DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of the satellite television; rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies are short of creativity.

I can also articulate that 85% of the CEOs and executive directors of commercial banks operating in Nigeria today are Igbos and Hausas under the age of 50. They are very talented in boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba counterparts, and they assist each other with an amazing ease.

Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively.

In 2014, the reports of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Council (NECO) revealed that the Yorubas have been upturned by the Easterners in terms of academic performance. Ekiti, a state known as fountain of knowledge, was number 34 in 2013.

The Yorubas are also missing in the sports sector. The Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, Flamingoes, Falconets, Super Falcons, D'Tigers, other national teams are dominated by the Igbos and Hausas. The team that won the African Cup of Nations for Nigeria in 2013 was tagged Biafran national team by some columnists and social commentators, including myself.

Politically, the Igbos and Hausas are more united than the Yorubas. The result of the 2015 presidential election is a point of reference. The Hausas voted massively for General Buhari of the APC, while the Igbos extraordinarily voted for Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP.

Sadly, the Yorubas had no bearing during the election. Jonathan’s inner circle members are currently blaming the Yorubas for their son's expected defeat. Victorious Buhari's teammates are reportedly saying that the Yorubas contributed little or nothing to the success of their kinsman.

In conclusion, I want to impel my generation in the Western part of Nigeria to wake up and begin to act. The nation of Nigeria that I am seeing today is hemorrhaging. I suggest we put ourselves in strategic positions. The bitter truth is that our leaders only think for themselves and their children.
https://www.naija.ng/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html
[/s]

These ipod blogs and comments that contradicts the reality? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by totit: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
[s]
post=63393837:

Open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

I am compelled to write this open letter to you because of the state of affairs of the Yoruba nation. Firstly, I wish to acknowledge that fate has put you in a prime position to determine to a large extent the direction that the Yoruba people will go. The indisputable truth is that one may quarrel with your politics but your sagacity is never in doubt. Even those who don’t see eye to eye with you agree that you are imbued with unusual native intelligence, uncommon people skills and unrivaled foresight. You, more than any other person, has been the game changer since the advent of democracy in 1999. It is for these reasons that I have chosen to direct this letter to you. My singular purpose is to tug at the strings of your heart. I am not writing to appeal to partisan considerations but to see, if per chance, I can pour out my heart to you in a manner of speaking. God has blessed you even beyond your wildest imagination. You have installed Senators and Governors. You have removed Governors and even a President. You have also installed a President. There is nothing you have wished for or desired that you didn’t get. Fortune has smiled on you. Goodwill follows you everywhere you go. You have done very well- more than most men ever will. However, there is one area that is begging for your urgent attention. This area may well define you and all you have ever achieved. This matter, in my opinion, is the only difference between you and the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Let me restate for the purpose of emphasis that this is the area in which the late sage and Leader of the Yorubas stand head and shoulders above you. It is the reason his name has been a constant denominator in our regional and national politics. It is the reason politicians, friends and foes invoke his name for political advantage and personal glory. It is also the reason why we can’t stop talking about him almost thirty years after his death. What will anyone say about you thirty years after you have transited? Asiwaju Sir, you may be wondering what I’m talking about? It is the issue of legacy. According to Peter Strople, ‘Legacy is not leaving something for people, it is leaving something in people’. Legacy is building something that outlives you. Legacy is greater than currency. In the words of Leonard Sweet, ‘ What you do is your history. What you set in motion is your legacy’. You can’t live forever, Sir. No one can. But you can create something that will. Enough of speaking in parables- I shall now speak plainly. When destiny brought you on the scene, we were enamoured because you championed the case for true federalism. It was your belief then that the Yoruba nation will fare better under a restructured arrangement than under the type of unitary government we run while pretending by calling it a federal government. Everyone knows that there is nothing federal about our government at all. If truth must be told, the Yoruba nation has fared very badly since the advent of our new democracy. And this is not about holding power at the centre. Let me bring this home: someone passed a comment recently that he would want Biafra to become a reality because he knows the Igbo nation will survive. That comment led me to deeper introspection as I wondered if the Yorubas can truly survive. Let me cite my first example. From Oyo to Osun, Ogun to Ondo, Ekiti to Kwara and Lagos, hardly will one see any serious industry or manufacturing concern owned by a Yoruba person. I am not talking about portfolio businesses or one-man business concerns. Most industries in Oyo State are owned by the Lebanese. The native business and industry gurus who dominated the landscape- Nathaniel Idowu, Amos Adegoke, Lekan Salami, Alao Arisekola, Adeola Odutola, Jimoh Odutola, Chief Theophilus Adediran Oni and others- are all gone with no credible replacements. I’m sure you remember the tyre factory of the Odutolas and how Jimoh Odutola was even asked by the Governments of Kenya and Ghana to set up a similar factory in their countries. Chief Theophilus Adediran # Oni , popularly called T.A # Oni & Sons started the first indigenous construction company in Nigeria. He willed his residence- Goodwill House, to the Oyo/Western state government, to be used as a Paediatric Hospital, which is now known as T.A Oni Memorial Children Hospital at Ring Road in Ibadan. This sprawling family Estate and residence was cited on a 15acre piece of land, 65 rooms, with modern conveniences, Olympic Swimming Pool and stable for Horses, etc. People like Chief Bode Akindele started companies like Standard Breweries and Dr Pepper Soft drink factory at Alomaja in Ibadan. Broking House built by the late Femi Johnson, an insurance magnate, still stands glittering in the mid-day sun as an epitome to a rich history that Ibadan has. The most serious and only notable Yoruba entrepreneur we have now is Michael Adenuga. I say this quite consciously because most of the other names are oil and gas barons. Most of what stood as testaments of industry in Oyo State are gone- Exide Batteries, Leyland Autos and many others. In its place are shopping malls and road side markets but no nation develops through buying and selling alone- especially when you’re not actually producing what you’re selling. Hypermarkets and supermarkets have taken over because of the need to feed our insatiable consumer-appetite and foreign tastes. In one instance, an ancient landmark in the form of a hotel was demolished to pave way for a mall. That is how low we have sunk. If our past is better than our present- if we always look back with nostalgia frequently, then there is a problem. The case of other states is not different. Osun’s case is pathetic. Ditto for Ondo and Ekiti. Ogun State can boast of some factories at Sango-Otta and Agbara axis but most of them are not owned by the Yorubas. [/b]There is no significant pharmaceutical company owned by any Yoruba except for Bond Chemicals in Awe, Oyo State- and its wallet share is very insignificant. For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir,[b] go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don’t forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed. I wish to state that this letter is not meant to whip up primordial considerations or ethnic sentiments but just to put things in proper perspective. Asiwaju, I will like to also talk about the state of education in the Yoruba nation. Our education has gone to the dogs. We have a bunch of mis-educated and ill-educated young men and women roaming the streets. Ibadan, for instance, had the first University in Nigeria and the first set of research centres in Nigeria ( The Forestry Research Institute, the Cocoa Research Institute (CRIN), The Nigerian Cereal Research Institute Moor Plantation (NCRI), the NIHORT (Nigerian Institute of Horticultural Research), the NISER (Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research), IAR&T (Institute of Agriculture, Research and Training), amongst several others). Ibadan was the bastion of scholarship with people like Wole Soyinka, JP Clark, D.O Fagunwa and Amos Tutuola as residents. In the May/June 2015 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, Abia came tops. Anambra came 2nd while Edo was 3rd. Lagos placed 6th while Osun and Oyo was 29th and 26th. Ekiti was 11th, Ondo State was 13th and Ogun State was 19th. In 2013 WASSCE, only Lagos and Ogun States were the Yoruba States above the national average. If we do an analysis of how Lagos placed 6th in 2015, you will discover that it was substantially because of other nationalities resident in Lagos. For proof, please look no further than the winners of the Spelling Bee competition which has produced One-Day Governors in Lagos State. Since inception in 2001, other nationalities have won the competition six times (Ebuka Anisiobi in 2001, Ovuwhore Etiti in 2002, Abundance Ikechukwu in 2006, Daniel Osunbor in 2008, Akpakpan Iniodu Jones in 2011 and Lilian Ogbuefi in 2012). Sir, there is something seriously wrong about our state of education. From the vintage times of Obafemi Awolowo who initiated ‘free education’, we have regressed into a most parlous state. Let me talk about roads, housing and infrastructure . The first dualized road in Nigeria, the Queen Elizabeth road from Mokola to Agodi in Ibadan was formally commissioned by Queen Elizabeth in 1956. The first Housing Estate in Nigeria is Bodija Housing Estate (also in Ibadan) which was built in 1958. The state of roads in the Yoruba nation has become pathetic. Our hinterland are still largely rural. Even some state capitals like Osogbo and Ado-Ekiti are big villages when you compare them to towns in the South East. How many new estates have been built over the last decade? Even Ajoda New Town lies in ruins. We have abandoned the farm settlement strategy of the Western Region and only pay lip service to agriculture. Instead of feeding others like we once did, others now feed us. We plant no tomatoes, no pepper and the basic food that we require. The Indians have bought the large expanse of water body that we have in Onigambari village. The water body in Oke Ogun of Oyo State can provide enough fish to feed the whole of the South West. From being a major cocoa exporter many years ago, one can point to just a few vestiges of factories that still deal with Cocoa in the Yoruba nation. 80% of Cocoa processing industries in the South West have been shut down. The Chinese have taken over the cashew belt at Ogbomoso in Oyo State. They have even edged out the indigenes as brokers. They now come to the cashew belt to buy from the local farmers, sell on the spot to other Chinese exporters who now process the cashew nuts and import them back into Nigeria at a premium. Sir, there are only 7 major cashew processing plants in Nigeria and you can check out the ownership. The glory has departed from the Yoruba nation. Apart from Asejire, Ede, Ikere Gorge and Oyan dams built ages ago, where are the new dams to cater for increased population and water capacity for the Yoruba nation? How have we improved on what our heroes past left us? Maybe apart from certain areas in Lagos State, others can’t even supply their citizens with pipe-borne water. Our youth which we used to take pride in are largely a mass of unemployed and unemployable people. Have you noticed the abundance of street urchins, area boys, touts and ‘agberos’ that we now have all across the Yoruba nation? Have you noticed the swell in the ranks of NURTW (I mean no disrespect to an otherwise noble union)? Have you noticed the increase in the number of Yoruba beggars? There was a time that it was taboo for a Yoruba man to beg- but no more. The spirit of apprenticeship is dead. There was a time that people who learn vocational skills celebrate what we referred to as ‘freedom’. While that is largely moribund now in the Yoruba nation, the Igbos still practice it with great success. The only thing we can boldly say the Yoruba nation controls is the information machinery- the press. We own largely the newspapers- the Nation, Punch, Nigerian Tribune, TV Continental and a few others. It is because of our control of this information machinery that we have rewritten the narrative in the country with the misguided self-belief that things are normal and we are making progress. A look beyond the surface will prove that this is so untrue. We are largely divided. For the first time in the history of the Yoruba nation, religion is about to divide us further- and it is starting from Osun State. You are married to a Christian. My own father-in-law is an Alhaji. That is how we have peacefully do-existed but the fabrics are about to be torn to shreds because of poor management of issues. Afenifere has been reduced to a shadow of itself. OPC that once defended Yoruba interests has gone into oblivion. Yoruba elders have been vilified in the name of politics and partisanship. It is no longer news to see teenagers throwing stones at their elders because of their political indoctrination. Even under the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the Yorubas never belonged to just a single party- yet our unity was without blemish. Now, our values have gone down the drain. Asiwaju, I believe I have said enough. The task is Herculean but I believe Providence has brought you here for such a time like this. It is time for the Yoruba nation to clean up its acts. What do we really want? How can we quickly right the wrongs? The Yoruba nation is in a state of arrested development. The Yoruba nation is gasping for breath and crying for help. Will you rise up to the occasion? I am aware you understand that all politics is local and charity begins at home. Our fathers gave us a proverb: ‘Bi o’ode o dun, bi igbe ni’gboro ri’. I know there are no quick fixes but I also know that if there is anyone who has the capacity to do something about our current situation, that person is you. This should be the legacy you should think of. Your legacy is our future. Yours Very Sincerely, By Bayo Adeyinka[/s]

Lool grin
You are displaying the old ibadan.
Yours, number 1 ;

The new face of ibadan, number 2 ;

Stop lying now. grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
Igbos are not your problems go and hold your leaders responsible, stop celebrating mediocrities, Igbos are topping in all ramifications, ranting and hating from January to December can't stop us

WAEC results as metaphor of collapsing education standards in Southwest
By Iyabo Lawal
https://guardian.ng/features/waec-results-as-metaphor-of-collapsing-education-standards-in-southwest/

For some consecutive years, Nigeria’s Southwest states have stuck out like a sore thumb in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WAEC) with their dismal performance. In this report, Head, Education Desk, Iyabo Lawal, examines why education in the region, once the bastion of high academic standards, is heading down.

In 2014, when the West African Examination Council released the results of the Senior School Certificate Examination, all the states in the Southwest were missing in the top-five list of states with the best performance.

That year, a state from the Southeast, Anambra, topped the list with Abia coming second. In the South-South, Edo (third), Rivers (fourth), Bayelsa (seventh) and Delta (eighth) displayed sterling performances. The Southwest states, usually synonymous with high education standards had lacklustre outing.

In the last three years, the dismal performances were repeated, signposting a persistent rot in the states’ education system – at least, in secondary school education.

As a whole, in terms of education, Nigeria’s Southwest states are fixated on the past, lost in the present and without vision for the future.

In 2015, Abia led the pack again with 63.94 per cent; Anambra came second with 61.18 per cent and Imo was fifth. Osun was 29th; Oyo, 26th; Ogun 19th; and Ondo 13th. Ekiti came 11th. Only Lagos made a good showing but did not make the top-five – it came sixth.

The quintet of Abia, Rivers, Edo, Imo and Bayelsa states emerged the best performing states in the 2016 WASSCE.

Abia came out strong at 81.54 per cent; Rivers, 78.59 per cent; Edo came third with 77.41 per cent; Imo had 76.46 per cent; Bayelsa, 74.38 per cent and Anambra, 71.83 per cent. Ondo came seventh with 68.43 per cent; and Lagos, ninth with 64.31 per cent; while Ekiti, Ogun, Osun and Oyo were 14th, 19th, 24th and 29th.

The ranking is sent to states so that those who are already doing well will not rest on their oars,” the Head, Public Affairs Unit of WAEC, Demianus Ojijeogu, noted. “And those who are not doing very well can look at what the states with best performing candidates are doing in order to improve. It is also to help states to implement their policies in terms of teaching and learning, pupils’ attitude, teachers’ training, among other things.

In other words, WAEC is telling states especially in the Southwest to invest more in teaching and learning. How can that be done? The example of Anambra and Edo states will illustrate.

[b]In 2011, ex-Governor Peter Obi, returned 1,040 primary schools to the missions that established them. Thereafter, he awarded N6bn to the schools as grants. Out of this, public primary schools had N489 million; the rest went to secondary schools. The former governor also donated buses, laboratory equipment, transformers, generators, dispensary consumables, sports gears, computers and other tools to the schools.

Little wonder the World Bank recommended the school standard in Anambra as the model for Africa and other developing nations.

In Edo, the erstwhile Governor Adams Oshiomhole was a stickler for training and re-retraining of teachers and his legacy is seen in the performance of WASSCE candidates in that state.

As a matter of fact, since 1996, states like Imo, Anambra and Delta have been producing the highest number of candidates in the University Matriculation Examination (UME)

In 1999, Imo had 44,274 applicants; Delta, 36,375; and Anambra, 34,206, making them the top-three states.

In 2007, the top-five states with the highest number of candidates were Imo with 93,065; Anambra, 64,689; Delta, 61,580; Edo, 57,754; and Akwa Ibom, 47,928.[/b]

With most of the Southwest states hardly making a great showing in nationwide academic performances, not a few stakeholders have become nostalgic of an era when the region reigned supreme and the Southeast was playing a competitive catch-up.

And, rather than look to the future, the so-called civilised west may have to look to its glorious past.

In 1952, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the first premier of the old Western Region, comprising nine states, kicked off with the Universal Primary Education, committing not less than 40 per cent of the region’s budget to education.

Awolowo was reported to have cut down on capital costs on school buildings, cancelled housing subsidy for civil servants and opted for mud blocks for classrooms when he was faced with the task of juggling the N10m estimate for the UPE, free health programme and the projected 1954 expenditure that was N5m.

By 1956, Grade 3 Teacher Training Colleges were established with 11,000 teachers trained between 1955 and 1958. How many teachers have been trained in the last four years in the Southwest?

Despite Awolowo’s unprecedented and pragmatic approach to education and its many gains and enduring legacies, many beneficiaries who have become leaders in modern Nigeria – particularly governors – appear determined to bastardise the system.

Since the advent of democracy in 1999, education has been annexed to the political arena as few fanciful school buildings with exaggerated costs litter the western landscape; and many schools with classrooms that can only be fit for pigs found everywhere.

Teachers are hungry, ill motivated and harried because the governors will rather spend money on white elephant projects than on the future generation through provision of quality education.

It is not hyperbolic when the late Babatunde Fafunwa, an eminent professor of education, described Awolowo’s education policy as “the boldest and perhaps, the most unprecedented educational scheme in Africa south of the Sahara.”

Many education scholars note with worry that in spite of the fact that the region was the first in the country to receive Western education and was ahead in academic excellence, it is now struggling to catch up with restive region like the South-South and exhibiting results like ravaged states in the North.

In the past, the East and the West’s academic excellence were personified by literary giants like Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka; Nnamdi Azikiwe and Awolowo; University of Nigeria, Nsukka and University of Ibadan (UI. The rivalry was healthy and progressive.

The dangers of the present reality that governors and those directly involved in developing blueprints for academic excellence are oblivious of are that the region will likely end up sub-par in terms of development, service delivery and capacity to fill top positions in the region and at the centre.

A foremost educationist and former vice chancellor of UI, Prof. Ayo Banjo, said concerning the problem at hand, “The complaint that is regularly made today is that there are no funds. But I don’t think this is a very strong reason for not continuing free education in the country. All it requires is giving education a priority in the budget. That’s the way to fund education.”

Many southwest governors scheming ahead of 2019 general elections, that priority may remain a mirage or at best a political jingle, with undisclosed war chest devoted to their do-or-die ambitions.

While the Southwest may have become the poster boy for dwindling fortunes in its education system, the country also has been struggling over the years to pay teachers – from primary, secondary to tertiary schools.

A survey of 30 countries by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation Development showed that the United States spends $809bn; Japan, $160bn; Germany, $154bn; Brazil, $146bn; France, $123bn; and the United Kingdom, $123bn each year on education. How much does Nigeria spend?

It cannot be over-emphasised that teachers in the Southwest must be adequately motivated, commensurately and promptly remunerated to revive the region’s lost glory.

Education experts also charge the governors and leaders in the education ministry to resist the urge to treat teachers with disdain or contempt.
In countries like Finland, the Czech Republic, China, Japan and South Korea, teaching is a prized profession.

According to the OECD data, teachers are treated like royalty in Switzerland, The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. Once, the affected states and Nigeria as a whole stop treating teachers like lepers and let their rewards be on earth, then the standards of education can improve beyond everyone’s imagination.

While efforts to get the reaction of some of the affected states proved abortive, Oyo state government on its part faulted the performance chart saying it has surpassed its previous performance in the last 19 years, by moving from 21 percent to 54.18 percent.

The duo of the commissioner for education, Prof Adeniyi Olowofela and his information counterpart, Toye Arulogun said government last year enforced the policy of “no automatic promotion” for its students, which has started yielding positive results.

“The WAEC examination we did afterward is 2017 and we broke the jinx with a record performance of 54.18 percent pass. This is indicative of the fact that Oyo State students did not do poorly in the 2017 examinations conducted by WAEC comparatively. As a matter of fact this result is the best result by students in the State in the last 18 years.

To mention in passing, it is ironical to note that education has become one of the biggest and fast-rising businesses in the Southwest, with a large number of prestigious private schools springing up side by side with mushroom ones.

It will be a shame, education stakeholders in the region said, if the state governors continue to play deaf and blind to the woeful state of education. It will also be a shame if the students and their parents do not rise up to protest the ignominy and dire straits policy makers and political leaders have subjected education in their region to.

It remains to be seen whether there will be marked improvement when WAEC will make public the next analysis of performance in WASSCE.

https://guardian.ng/features/waec-results-as-metaphor-of-collapsing-education-standards-in-southwest/
Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
http://punchng.com/education-why-south-west-and-north-should-be-worried/

Education: Why South-West and North should be worried

Last week, the 2015 West African Senior School Certificate of Education result was released. The Punch chose to publish the story with an attention-grabbing headline: “Again, South-East leads in the WASSCE performance chart.” The report showed that Abia State dethroned Anambra. The states were ranked according to the percentage that had a minimum of five credits, including in English Language and Mathematics.[

But the surprise in the report was that almost like in 2014, no South-West state except Lagos was on the top 10 of the chart. The top 10 states were the five South-East states, four South-South states and Lagos: 1st – Abia (63.94 per cent), 2nd – Anambra (61.18 per cent), 3rd – Edo, 4th – Rivers, 5th – Imo, 6th – Lagos, 7th – Bayelsa, 8th – Delta, 9th – Enugu, and 10th – Ebonyi. Ekiti was 11th; Ondo was 13th; Ogun was 19th; Oyo was 26th; while Osun was 29th. In 2014, the top 10 states were similar: Anambra (65.92 per cent), Abia (58.52 per cent), Edo (57.82 per cent), Bayelsa (52.83 per cent), Rivers (52.78 per cent), Enugu (51.91 per cent), Lagos (45.66 per cent), Imo (40.64 per cent), Delta (40.12 per cent), Kaduna (36.12 per cent). Ebonyi was 11th with 36.05 per cent.

For 2014, the states with the least performance were Northern states: They were Yobe (36th), Zamfara (35th), Jigawa (34th), Gombe (33rd), Katsina (32nd), Kebbi (31st) Bauchi (30th), and Sokoto (29th). In 2013, the result was similar: 28th – Katsina (10.45 per cent), 29th – Adamawa (8.75 per cent), 30th – Jigawa (7.47 per cent), 31st – Sokoto (7.12 per cent), 32nd – Zamfara (6.65 per cent), 33rd – Kebbi (6.30 per cent), 34th – Gombe (5.68 per cent), 35th – Bauchi (5.28 per cent), and 36th – Yobe (4.85 per cent).

Someone from the South-East or South-South could see it as a reason for chest-thumping, but for me, it portends grave danger. Why do I say so? I will explain shortly.

Those who had not been following the trend in education could dismiss this as a flash in the pan. But it is not so. I have followed the trend since the late 1980s. From 1996 when the late military dictator, Sani Abacha, created 36 states out of Nigeria, the three states that have been producing the highest number of applicants in the examination organised by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board have been Imo, Anambra and Delta.

[b]The Guardian of August 26, 1999, page 31, had some statistics about the 1999 UTME examination. It showed that the six states with the highest number of applications were: Imo (44,274), Delta (36,375), Anambra (34,206), Ogun (33,375), Edo (29,057), and Osun (22,950). Conversely, the states that produced the least number of candidates were all Northern states: Borno (1,572), Katsina (1,054), Taraba (882), Sokoto (782), Kebbi (794), and Yobe (535). The Registrar of JAMB then, Prof. Bello Ahmad Salim, lamented the poor showing of the Northern states, noting that the 65,000 applications from the 19 states of the North were just 20,726 higher than the number of applications from only Imo State. If Imo and Delta states’ applications were combined, that would amount to 80,649 applications: over 15,000 higher than the applications from the 19 states of the North.

In 2007, The Guardian newspaper of June 1, page 3, published the results of the 2007 University Matriculation Examination. The top six states with the highest number of candidates were Imo (93,065), Anambra (64,689), Delta (61,580), Edo (57,754), Akwa Ibom (47,928), and Ogun (47,227). The last six were: Kebbi (4,682), Sokoto (3,925), Taraba (3,832), Zamfara (2,904), Jigawa (2,541), and Yobe (2,516).
[/b]
For the 2012 results released by JAMB and published by Vanguard of March 31, the top five states were: Imo (123,865), Delta (88,876), Anambra (84,204), Osun (73,935), Oyo (71,272). The least five states were: Jigawa (11,529), Kebbi (7,364), Yobe (6,389), Zamfara (5,713), and Sokoto (5,664).

In the Unity School admission of 2013, the states that got the highest cut-off marks were: Anambra – Male (139) Female (139); Imo – Male (138) Female (138); Enugu – Male (134) Female (134); Lagos – Male (133) Female (133); Delta – Male (131) Female (131); Ogun – Male(131) Female(131); Abia – Male (130) Female (130). The states that got the lowest cut-off scores were: Zamfara – Male (four) Female (two); Yobe – Male (two) Female (27); Taraba – Male (three) Female (11); Sokoto – Male (nine) Female (13); Kebbi – Male (nine) Female (20); Bauchi – Male (35) Female (35).

So, for those from the South-West and North who may give the excuse of the South-East and South-South states getting these results by the help of “special centres,” it is a case of trying to hide behind a finger. Instructively, the South-West, which was the first to receive Western education, and was ahead in education, has lost its place in education in Nigeria. Something is killing the interest of the South-West children in education. The six South-West states need to see this as an emergency that transcends party affiliation. This scenario is a source of danger because the South-East and South-West have been counter forces to each other. Whatever feat the South-West produces, the South-East counters it, and vice versa. We can see it in the literary feats of Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka, the football feats of Shooting Stars and Rangers, the political feats of Nnamdi Azikiwe and Obafemi Awolowo, the academic feats of University of Nigeria, Nsukka and University of Ife, Ile-Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), and so on. This healthy rivalry enhances stability, peace and growth in the nation.

But if this downward trend continues, in future, that balancing of forces between the South-West and the South-East will no longer exist. And given that the indigenes of the South-East and the South-South dwell in large numbers in the South-West, a time will come when the South-West could feel angry that the indigenes of the South-East and South-South are taking over positions that the South-West indigenes should occupy in the South-West. This may cause problems as witnessed in the xenophobic attacks in South Africa last year. So, it is in the interest of all that the South-West stage a come-back in education.

The case of the North is scarier. Many commentators keep quiet about this worrisome issue because of political correctness, but only someone who loves you can tell you that you have mouth odour. It is dangerous that there are 10 million youths in the North with no formal education.

The rise of Boko Haram has worsened a bad situation in the North. The few who want to go to school are scared away by this unconscionable terrorist sect.

There are those who have erroneously said that the lack of interest in education in the North is caused by religion (Islam). But there are many nations with high Islamic population even in West Africa that embraced education. Furthermore, Northern states like Taraba, Plateau and Benue have a predominantly Christian population. Yet, there is a low interest in education there.

There is no proof that Northerners have lower IQ than Southerners. All men are created equal. The prevailing environmental conditions make the difference.

So, the quota system is an enemy of the North that every Northerner who loves the North must speak against. Without competition and challenges, there is no burning desire in man to excel.

Nigeria runs on a quasi-unitary structure with each link coupled to the other. It moves as a unit. It can only move as fast as its slowest link and perform as good as its weakest link. It is in the interest of Nigeria that the fire of education is rekindled in the North. This will expand the opportunities available for Northern youths and reduce the tensions and suspicion that exist between the North and the South.

We must also jettison this failed feeding-bottle federalism that we have and adopt true federalism that allows the federating units to move at their own pace and be competitive. A country that does not promote competition abhors excellence.
http://punchng.com/education-why-south-west-and-north-should-be-worried/

2 Likes

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by totit: 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2017
Lool
How can any sane human use waec as a yardstick or measurement for education grin

More bubble bust, abeg.
Shm. Ordinary weac. cool
cheesy

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
totit:
Lool
How can any sane human use waec as a yardstick or measurement for education grin

More bubble bust, abeg.
Shm. Ordinary weac. cool
cheesy

Continue deceiving yourselves
that's why your brother said Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today.

Education Desk, Iyabo Lawal, examines why education in the region, once the bastion of high academic standards, is heading down, fact, since 1996 , states like Imo, Anambra and Delta have been producing the highest number of candidates in the University Matriculation Examination (UME)
A foremost educationist and former vice chancellor of UI, Prof. Ayo Banjo also concern grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2017
FlyoruB:

If only your governor could attract this sort of investment to your state, your brothers won't be all over other regions constituting a nuisance hawking gala. undecided Smh.

?.........and getting sold as Libyan slaves
Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by totit: 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
post=63395516:

Continue deceiving yourselves
that's why your brother said Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today.

Education Desk, Iyabo Lawal, examines why education in the region, once the bastion of high academic standards, is heading down, fact, since 1996 , states like Imo, Anambra and Delta have been producing the highest number of candidates in the University Matriculation Examination (UME)
A foremost educationist and former vice chancellor of UI, Prof. Ayo Banjo also concern grin grin

No! You don't just call people lazy out of anger or impose it on them out hatred..you prove them with facts.

Lool

Waiting for facts not emotional outpouring.

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by uglyafonja: 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
totit:

No! You don't just people lazy out of anger or impose I o them out hatred..you prove them with facts.

Lool

Waiting for facts not emotional outpouring.

Reality speak faster than media papers......

We don't have agberos and omoniles in SE

We don't have hungry children littered all around our region begging for foods in restaurants..

we don't have brown roof dilapidated houses without toilet in our region..

Our educational system is standard..

So do you have all this in your region

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by totit: 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
uglyafonja:

Reality speak faster than media papers......

We don't have agberos and omoniles in SE

We don't have hungry children littered all around our region begging for foods in restaurants..

we don't have brown roof dilapidated houses without toilet in our region..

Our educational system is standard..

So do you have all this in your region

You this ugly boy again shocked
OK o. Where is the so called ' reality '
grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by nku5: 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2017
After all the hype Aregbesola has turned out as we thought, at best a big mediocre governor grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by uglyafonja: 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2017
totit:

You this ugly boy again shocked OK o. Where is the so called ' reality ' grin
Look for it in the so called human skull you mined last night

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
totit:

Propaganda can't save west

http://punchng.com/imo-highest-number-utme-candidates/
Imo has highest number of UTME candidates
Imo beats 8 northern states combined

Whereas 98,028 candidates from eight northern states and Federal Capital Territory sat for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, Imo State had 104,383 candidates, C

Details of the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination emerged on Monday with Imo State indigenes topping the list of applicants that sat for the examination.

The state topped the state of origin statistics table with 104,383 (about 6.56 per cent) of the 1,592,305 million candidates that sat for the examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board this year.

This comes as only 14,242 candidates from both Kebbi and Zamfara states applied for the examination. Whereas only 5,295 candidates from Zamfara State sat for the examination, 8,947 others from Kebbi State sat for the qualifying examination to the nation’s higher institutions.

The Computer-based examination for entrance to the universities, polytechnics and colleges of education, which held between February 27 and March 23, took place in 540 centres in Nigeria and eight overseas countries.

The countries are Benin Republic, Cameroun, Cote D’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and the United Kingdom.

Delta State came second on the table with 78,854 candidates (4.95) in the examination in which only 25,445 of the 1,592,305 million candidates applied to study Agriculture.

The third on the table is Anambra State, which produced 77,694 or 4.88 per cent of the candidates.

Imo State, a reliable source in JAMB confided in our correspondent, has remained on top of the table for many years.

In the examination, which only 24,160 Lagos State indigenes sat for, their Osun State counterpart had 72,752 candidates, placing it in the fourth position.

The statistics obtained exclusively by our correspondent also revealed that Oyo State, with 72,298 candidates (4.54 per cent), came fifth, while Enugu State placed sixth with 69,381 candidates or 4.36 per cent.

In the seventh position is Edo State with 66,107 or 4.15 per cent of the candidates, while Ogun State placed eighth with 62,973 candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by totit: 4:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
uglyafonja:

Look for it in the so called human skull you mined last night

Lool grin grin
You reasoning and level of communication is as ugly as your moniker.
I guess, that's the fact you've got to offer
grin grin

Lool grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by totit: 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
post=63396195:

Propaganda can't save west

Imo has highest number of UTME candidates
Imo beats 8 northern states combined

Whereas 98,028 candidates from eight northern states and Federal Capital Territory sat for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, Imo State had 104,383 candidates, C

Details of the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination emerged on Monday with Imo State indigenes topping the list of applicants that sat for the examination.

The state topped the state of origin statistics table with 104,383 (about 6.56 per cent) of the 1,592,305 million candidates that sat for the examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board this year.

This comes as only 14,242 candidates from both Kebbi and Zamfara states applied for the examination. Whereas only 5,295 candidates from Zamfara State sat for the examination, 8,947 others from Kebbi State sat for the qualifying examination to the nation’s higher institutions.

The Computer-based examination for entrance to the universities, polytechnics and colleges of education, which held between February 27 and March 23, took place in 540 centres in Nigeria and eight overseas countries.

The countries are Benin Republic, Cameroun, Cote D’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and the United Kingdom.

Delta State came second on the table with 78,854 candidates (4.95) in the examination in which only 25,445 of the 1,592,305 million candidates applied to study Agriculture.

The third on the table is Anambra State, which produced 77,694 or 4.88 per cent of the candidates.

Imo State, a reliable source in JAMB confided in our correspondent, has remained on top of the table for many years.

In the examination, which only 24,160 Lagos State indigenes sat for, their Osun State counterpart had 72,752 candidates, placing it in the fourth position.

The statistics obtained exclusively by our correspondent also revealed that Oyo State, with 72,298 candidates (4.54 per cent), came fifth, while Enugu State placed sixth with 69,381 candidates or 4.36 per cent.

In the seventh position is Edo State with 66,107 or 4.15 per cent of the candidates, while Ogun State placed eighth with 62,973 candidates.

Lool!
Imo you said
I thought we talking about region.
Still waiting for your table and figures. I am tired of news. grin
Don't be afraid bring forth the full table and let's see the overall table of each region nah.

Lool grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
totit:

Lool!
Imo you said
Don't be afraid bring forth the full table and let's see the overall table of each region nah.

Lool grin
On region large percentage, Igbos born in Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano and other cities claim those states as origin, these are facts, we seen result of unity entrance exams where those that answer Igbo names claim Lagos, Abuja and others as state of origin and mind so many tribes claim Lagos as origin.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
totit:

Lool!
Imo you said

Lool grin
On region large percentage, Igbos born in Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano and other cities claim those states as origin, these are facts, we seen result of unity entrance exams where those that answer, claim Lagos, Abuja and others as state of origin and mind so many tribes claim Lagos as origin so stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by totit: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
post=63396686:

On region large percentage, Igbos born in Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano and other cities claim those states as origin, these are facts, we seen result of unity entrance exams where those that answer, claim Lagos, Abuja and others as state of origin and mind so many tribes claim Lagos as origin.

Could you please check the/this table well and stop shaking already.
Please do,but patiently this time. grin

I know it's hard to swallow defeat but it's OK. Now, read and check the table, slowly this time. lipsrsealed
cool

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by totit: 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
post=63396702:

On region large percentage, Igbos born in Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano and other cities claim those states as origin, these are facts, we seen result of unity entrance exams where those that answer, claim Lagos, Abuja and others as state of origin and mind so many tribes claim Lagos as origin so stop deceiving yourself.

Lool shocked
See face saving ooo
grin grin
I guess they changed their surnames and states of origin too?

C'on nah. This ya lie and twist can wake a death sef.

Choi ooo shocked

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
totit:

Lool shocked
See face saving ooo
grin grin
I guess they changed their surnames and states of origin too?

C'on nah. This ya lie and twist can wake a death sef.

Choi ooo shocked

Go and check Kings college merit lists or other or google unity schools merit lists school for you to understand better

KING’S COLLEGE LAGOS: ADMISSION EXAM MERIT LIST
The Federal Ministry of Education conducted an examination to select students for admission into Junior Secondary One (JS1). A total of 192 student passed purely based on merit (Merit List), while a total of 141 were admitted based on State Quota System. Below graph shows how the geopolitical regions performed on the examination.
Region: (Merit Pass) % Merit Pass
South-East: (72) 37.5%
South-West: (65) 33.9%
South-South: (34) 17.7%
North-Central: (16) 8.3%
North-East: (3) 1.6%
North-West: (2) 1.0%

Out of the top 20 performing candidates, the SE grabbed 75%

On the top 50 out of 192 Merit List, SE (48%), SS (32%), SW (12%), NC (4%), NE (2%), NW (2%).

To view the detailed result click on the link below:

2 Likes

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by totit: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2017
post=63397292:

Go and check Kings college merit lists or other or google unity schools merit lists school for you to understand better

KING’S COLLEGE LAGOS: ADMISSION EXAM MERIT LIST
The Federal Ministry of Education conducted an examination to select students for admission into Junior Secondary One (JS1). A total of 192 student passed purely based on merit (Merit List), while a total of 141 were admitted based on State Quota System. Below graph shows how the geopolitical regions performed on the examination.
Region: (Merit Pass) % Merit Pass
South-East: (72) 37.5%
South-West: (65) 33.9%
South-South: (34) 17.7%
North-Central: (16) 8.3%
North-East: (3) 1.6%
North-West: (2) 1.0%

Out of the top 20 performing candidates, the SE grabbed 75%

On the top 50 out of 192 Merit List, SE (48%), SS (32%), SW (12%), NC (4%), NE (2%), NW (2%).

To view the detailed result click on the link below:

Lool.
Not again!
So, Kings college is now your yardstick for education,its no longer " weac". cheesy. Well, Thank God it's just "kings college"
cheesy honestly,you no dey shame oo shocked
Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
totit:

Lool.
Not again!
So, Kings college is now your yardstick for education,its no longer " weac". cheesy. Well, Thank God it's just "kings college"
cheesy honestly,you no dey shame oo shocked
I know shame and ego will not let you admit.

I'm happy your leaders knows better not perfidious and egoistic totit grin grin
Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by totit: 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2017
post=63397853:

I know shame and ego will not let you admit.

I'm happy your leaders knows better not perfidious and egoistic totit grin grin

Lool grin
That moment when you finally realized you've lost it and resort to using your opposition lines against him just to cover up.

Answer me, olodo, ' are my leaders statisticians?

Lool grin
Guy, you just dey mumu ya self. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by iconize(m): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
[s]
Jaideyone:
you are the mor0n now that I've presented you with facts and figures you can't say anything reasonable again.

keep talking gibberish.
slowpoke
[/s]

You're a despicable amala-gobbling imbeciłe. grin

What facts are you talking about?

Post a picture of you on here. That's the only fact I want to see.

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
iconize:

Post a picture of you on here. That's the only fact I want to see.
now the argument is shifting from how Ogun state is ahead of anambra to my picture. you are just another illiterate. I've given GDP figures of both state, ranking of Nigerian states by industries, ranking based on internally generated revenue and FDI and nothing has been presented on your own end grin next time take your foolish argument to the beer parlour grin have a nice day
Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2017
[quote author=iconize post=63399112]

Post a picture of you on here. That's the only fact I want to see.[/quotet] oh let's I forget. you don't belong here if all you can do is insult people when presented with facts.

cc mynd44 lalasticlala
he broke rule number two. called me an slowpoke
Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by Uglyojuku: 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2017
post=63396686:

On region large percentage, Igbos born in Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano and other cities claim those states as origin, these are facts, we seen result of unity entrance exams where those that answer Igbo names claim Lagos, Abuja and others as state of origin and mind so many tribes claim Lagos as origin.
Claiming Lagos with Igbo names and accepted..?lol.Tell the Lying Linus to show proof and he would give you a link that would not open in 100 years.Nobody takes the Ibos serious anymore with their lies especially Obiano..lol
Re: Governor Aregbesola Commissions Dipson Plastics In Osun (Photos) by iconize(m): 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
[quote author=Jaideyone post=63399639][/quote]

You're a dumbass scum.

I've pummeled you with my own facts too.

You're amongst those 100 million Nigerians that live on less than $2 per day, lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Celebrates Ganduje's 70th Birthday, Says He's Skilled, Patient Politician / Dr. Maduka Takes Ward To Riverine Area On Motorcycle And Local Flying Boat / APC National Youth Leader, Dayo Isreal Visits Enugu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.