Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment (2241 Views)

Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution / Abba’s Sack Illegal-Police Council Not Consulted As Required By the Constitution / If Elected, Buhari Will Replace The Constitution With Total Sharia Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by felele(m): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2010
I don't know those advising Jonathan, but he needs to read Section 147(3) of the Constitution, which makes reference to the principle of 1 minister per state, and states they must be INDIGENES of the state.

In my book, an indigene is not just someone who was born and/or brought up in a state. They must have CULTURAL TIES to that state. If they do not, then they cannot be an indigene.

There is a reason why that word was used in the constitution, and not the word "citizen".

Jonathan is excluding Lagos State from the affairs of Nigeria, and should not complain when the sh.it hits the fan during his tenure.#

The predicted break-up of Nigeria may actually come about from the most unexpected source.

AGANGA IS NOT A LAGOSIAN. Appoint him from Edo state, the state of which he's an indigene.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by ladi02(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2010
You nor get sense!
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by 4peace(m): 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2010
felele ko akara ni
Do you think jonathan just pick him like that without the consent of cabal in lagos.
Pls how did 1999 constitution defines indigene.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by beystwin: 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ topic I laugh in Edo, cheesy grin cheesy EKO?
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by felele(m): 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2010
ladi02:

You nor get sense!

Your papa and your whole family no get sense. Na dog go chop your brains, you this yeye fecal matter.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by felele(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2010
beystwin:

@ topic I laugh in Edo, cheesy grin cheesy EKO?

You laugh in abject ignorance! Read up on the history of Lagos, with particular reference to Ologun Kutere. Ode, oponu ayirada. A Yoruba proverb says: Eni ti o ba fe je ije ku'je l'o ma pa itan ki'tan. Awon omo ti ko ni iran oshi!!!

Aren't you proud to be from the "great" Edo/bini empire anymore Must you claim Lagos by force God punish you and your descendants for this rubbish you're all trying to perpetrate,
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by beystwin: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2010
A person is indigenous to where he or she was born. period.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by felele(m): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2010
4peace:

felele ko akara ni
Do you think jonathan just pick him like that without the consent of cabal in lagos.
Pls how did 1999 constitution defines indigene.

What cabal might that be, since you seem to know them? Inquiring minds need to know.

As per what the constitution says, you're so bloody lazy you can't read? READ THE DAMN THING YOURSELF AND REACH YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS.

By the way, just by way of guidance, the constitution makes reference to Citizens, and in other areas, especially Section 147 (3), it makes reference to Indigenes. Could you educate us all as to what the intention of the drafters of the constitution might be in making that verbal distinction, o great one
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by felele(m): 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2010
beystwin:

A person is indigenous to where he or she was born. period.

If that is what you REALLY believe, then you are a bigger fool than I thought.

Why not just give the ministerial position of Kaduna state to Gen. Ike Nwachukwu then, since he was born and brought up there, and see what the indigenous people of Kaduna State might have to say about that. FOOL!!
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by beystwin: 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2010
felele:

Why not just give the ministerial position of Kaduna state to Gen. Ike Nwachukwu then, since he was born and brought up there, and see what the indigenous people of Kaduna State might have to say about that. FOOL!!

So you would like Lagos to be like Kaduna, not center of excellence? Naija should move forward and not backward.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by beystwin: 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2010
felele:

Felele, I can't help but to have noticed that you suffer from Tourette's syndrome. May I recommend an antipsychotic drug, such as Haloperidol, to be taken three times daily with your meals.
Next time you have the compulsive urge to insult someone, try and turn it into a compliment. This will prevent people around you from assuming you are antisocial, when, in fact, you have a psychiatric condition.
Get well soon!
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2010
Yawns
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by safeact(m): 6:10pm On Apr 02, 2010
Sorry poster, when u v taken ur drugs as recommended then i can now air my views! Get well soon,wil pray 4u.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by ReachRich(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2010
beystwin:

Felele, I can't help but to have noticed that you suffer from Tourette's syndrome. May I recommend an antipsychotic drug, such as Haloperidol, to be taken three times daily with your meals.
Next time you have the compulsive urge to insult someone, try and turn it into a compliment. This will prevent people around you from assuming you are antisocial, when, in fact, you have a psychiatric condition.
Get well soon!
lol.Nairalanders where una dey go learn how to yab pesin like dis?Una too much oh.I doff my hat for una.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Rothstein: 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2010
Thanks guyz,we need to put people like Felele in their place cos he is tribalistic and anti nigeria.what more does he want from the govt.Aganga was raised in lag and has a powerful resume which felele's godfather-Obanikoro-doesn't.felele is an impostor from ibadan claimin lagos.we can help you get a job with Aganga.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by felele(m): 1:38am On Apr 03, 2010
Rothstein:

Thanks guyz,we need to put people like Felele in their place cos he is tribalistic and anti nigeria.what more does he want from the govt.Aganga was raised in lag and has a powerful resume which felele's godfather-Obanikoro-doesn't.felele is an impostor from ibadan claimin lagos.we can help you get a job with Aganga.

My guy, YOU and these nincompoops want to put ME in my "place"? HA HA HA!!!! I laugh in Ijebu!!!

Ee o tii po to!!!! There are not enough of you, actually!!!

This your bottom-feeding ignorance and longer-throat that sees you trying to claim what you're not is going to be the end of you and your foreigner gang in Lagos. When the rest of the states in Nigeria agree that an Egun indigene of Lagos, born and bred in say, Abakaliki, can be nominated to take Ebonyi State's ministerial slot, as against a proper Ebonyi indigene, you can all come to Lagos and claim indigeneship.

All we LAGOSIANS are saying is, you cannot come here to take from us what you HAVE NEVER given to us.

I like Aganga's qualifications actually, and I think he's probably qualified to be nominated as a minister, but I insist, as do other Lagosians, that not only is he NOT an indigene of Lagos, as spelt out in the Constitution, but he may actually be MEDIOCRE, by LAGOS' indigenous people's standard. We have the Agustos, the Faramobis and several thousand other indigenes of Lagos in executive positions in similar banks worldwide.

Moreover, his performance at the Senate clearing session was quite suspect. I find it quite unnerving that someone who may get the nod for Finance Minister of the Federation may actually be comfortable with any type of debt, considering our not too distant financial history as a nation.

To all those of you trying to label me as some kind of loony, I wish you well. But you must prepare for the backlash that this is generating among indigenous peoples of Lagos State. This attempt by some Nigerians to wish our existence away and take our territory, will only lead to a violent reaction amongst our people, and may hasten the disintegration of Nigeria to a date earlier than that famously predicted by the American authorities.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Rothstein: 2:49am On Apr 03, 2010
@felele, where are u from in lagos. ur family lineage pls?>
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by 006(m): 3:47am On Apr 03, 2010
@ felele, Are you a lagosian?
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 03, 2010
Nonsense!!!! I never see any Lagosian weh carry state of origin for head. Lagos is a Yoruba land but it's meant for all Nigerians. To hold a political position in Lagos you must be born in Lagos and have cultural ties to the Yoruba people. Not constitutional but let's hope it changes. Even Tinubu is not Lagos indigene but he has cultural ties to Yoruba people giving him a chance to become Governor. You just have to be born in Lagos and be Yoruba that's all no one cares which Village in Kwara or Ondo or Osun or Edo he comes from.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by tpiah: 6:34am On Apr 03, 2010
I did think the name sounded strange- didnt know the man was supposed to be from lagos.

anyway, if he's being nominated to represent lagos, then Jonathan should also appoint other ministers for states outside their actual places of origin.

when did this picture start circulating btw and what's it supposed to mean. I just saw it today:

Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by felele(m): 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2010
006:

@ felele, Are you a lagosian?
Rothstein:

@felele, where are u from in lagos. your family lineage pls?>

Yes, in fact I am a Lagosian and proud of it. From Ikorodu. I am from an illustrious family in Ikorodu, noted for honesty and industry.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by 006(m): 7:50pm On Apr 03, 2010
^^

Good, you'll be the next Oba of Lagos.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Apr 03, 2010
felele:

Yes, in fact I am a Lagosian and proud of it. From Ikorodu. I am from an illustrious family in Ikorodu, noted for honesty and industry.

What family would that be?
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by biina: 8:29pm On Apr 03, 2010
The definition of an indigene as used in the constitution is"
"belong to" or its grammatical expression when used with reference to a person in a state refers to a person either or whose parents or any of whose grand parents was a member of a community indigenous to that state;
I doubt Aganga qualifies as an indigene of Lagos state.

People that are approving Aganga to represent Lagos state will rue your stance when an Hausa man is nominated for your state simply because he was born there. Appointing Aganga on the tab of Lagos will set a bad precedent.

If the presidency feels Agagnga is the right candidate for a job, he should be appointed as a minister, but only on the tab of his true state.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Onyenduzi: 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2010
Spot on.

In my part of the country there is a process of conferring citizenship to non aboriginal settlers. After that process, which is administered by the aboriginal authorities and religious leaders, they become one and the same people with the aborigines, with the same rights and privileges, providing always that they abide by the dictates of their new homeland. They must identify with their new homeland totally. They may still visit their ancestral homes but their loyalty and commitment must be to the new homeland. They must defend its traditions and institutions not subvert it. They must not isolate themselves and will be called upon to carry out duties for their new community. In this case, no member of the aboriginal community may use derogatory language to address you or your people; they cannot take away the land given to you and witnessed by the gods, ancestors and elders. Unless of course the new arrivals begin to breach agreed custom.

There is also a procedure for long term tenancy. In this case, you do not have to integrate with your host community. You are essentially living in a leased outpost to carry on your trade. Even at that, you must not convert or seek to convert the land you have been given to your own, you must accord appropriate respect to traditional and religious authorities; you must notify the appropriate community authorities of any major events or changes etc you plan to engage. Much like a modern western tenancy agreement.

Indigene / settler issues cannot be settled by fiat, living in Abuja. Various communities should be encouraged to work out ways to accommodate people of other ethnic groups that have decided to live with them in line with their various traditions and cultures.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2010
@ felele

Tell Kobojunkie your family now?

Aromire/Balogun in tha house!!!
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2010
I am not saying he is wrong or anything of the sort. I mean it is the law and he is only expressing it and urging it should be respected. I am simply asking what Ikorodu family he belongs to as I happen to know of some ofthose families.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by KnowAll(m): 9:28pm On Apr 03, 2010
@poster

You are an alarmist, your tatics will not work, you are an AC Loyalist, the issue at hand is a matter for the PDP Lagos state to sort out, not for some pro Fashola or pro Tinunbu to blow out of proportion. You bloody urchin go get a life. undecided
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am not saying he is wrong or anything of the sort. I mean it is the law and he is only expressing it and urging it should be respected. I am simply asking what Ikorodu family he belongs to as I happen to know of some ofthose families.

I know you weren't saying he is wrong. I actually thought he was until I took the time to know what he was saying and also heard some slowpoke say Lagos is a no man's Land. That kinda made me dropped my Liberal attitude towards settlers in Lagos.  Dude is right. Also someone referred to Jos crisis and I saw so many similarities in that. I don't want another Jos crisis in my Home abeg!! Settlers know your place!!!
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2010
KnowAll:

@poster

You are an alarmist, your tatics will not work, you are an AC Loyalist, the issue at hand is a matter for the PDP Lagos state to sort out, not for some pro Fashola or pro Tinunbu to blow out of proportion. You bloody urchin go get a life. undecided

What does that even mean? Is this really a way to argue your side on this?
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by KnowAll(m): 9:41pm On Apr 03, 2010
What does that even mean? Is this really a way to argue your side on this?

I will not repeat what have argued on the other post in this post u will have to go and do some read up, the poster knows where I am coming from.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK Embassy refuses Tony Momoh (CPC Chairman ) Visa / Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University / NAME THEM - Nigerian Traffic Wardens In London Causing Havoc (UK LASTMA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.