Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment (2247 Views)

Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution / Abba’s Sack Illegal-Police Council Not Consulted As Required By the Constitution / If Elected, Buhari Will Replace The Constitution With Total Sharia Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by felele(m): 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What family would that be?

kobojunkie, my sister, after having given you those clues about honesty and industry, I fully expect you to not only know my family, but know who I am. We are especially known for industry.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by felele(m): 11:42pm On Apr 03, 2010
006:

^^

Good, you'll be the next Oba of Lagos.

^^
Kobojunkie, there's another clue for you right there.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Rothstein: 1:12am On Apr 04, 2010
@Felele, ikorodu is for the ijebus,most residents and indigenes of ikorodu are from ogun state.guy u fall my hand i was thinking u r from kosoko or bembe ruling house.pls get buzy with ur low life.u cant even mention ur family name,shaaaaammme to u.i know the real lagosian and u r not close at all. pls where was ur father's birth certificate issued? fake lagosian.i can scan my great grand father birth certificate which we use for state schlarship for u to see. yeye guinea fowl
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Kobojunkie: 1:17am On Apr 04, 2010
Rothstein:

@Felele, ikorodu is for the ijebus,most residents and indigenes of ikorodu are from ogun state.guy u fall my hand i was thinking u r from kosoko or bembe ruling house.pls get buzy with your low life.u cant even mention your family name,shaaaaammme to u.i know the real lagosian and u r not close at all. pls where was your father's birth certificate issued? fake lagosian.i can scan my great grand father birth certificate which we use for state schlarship for u to see. yeye guinea fowl

Are you sure you know much about Ikorodu there? That he is unwilling to put down his family name on here should not in anyway affect the point that the man is trying to make.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by KnowAll(m): 8:54am On Apr 04, 2010
It has gone a full circle, the Edo's where the first King of Eko, those early Edo's where not viewed as strangers in the 1600's, the indigenes of Lagos did not only accept this man as one of them, they made him a King. Fast forward 400 years later,  another Edo man with admirable intellect who was born in Lagos speaks Yoruba as the mother tongue is being queried as to his indigneship by people of Ijebu stock what is the world becoming. 

If those stone aged but learned and ancient lagosians can have the wisdom,  the vision,  and the astuteness of recognising a great man, not only from his background, but from his locus standi within the community as it where, one is amazed by the so called mordern educated scholars, their comments, their decorum and their misdearnors is not only embarassing, it is demeaing.

My take is these mordern day antogonist are an aberation, engineered by the misfortune that has engulfed and befalling the land, they are history manipulators, they are selfish,  self centred people who want to reap where they have not sowed. What hope do we have in Nigeria, when there are people who want the sweat and blood of those who toiled the land to be in vain.

Mr Aganga is not even asking for the obaship like his forebeares did 400 years ago, he is only informing Nigerians of his state of origin,  the Jonathan regime can see the wisdom in Mr Aganga's proclaimation why would some mordern day political distortionist like Felele who himself is of Ijebu stock would want to re-write history beats one's, imagination the earlier these lagos urchins get off the internet the better it would be for Nigeria and Lagos State. 

These distortionist  and history manipulators are tantomount to Nazi apologist who beleive the holocaus did not happen.

See History of Lagos Obaship from 1600's attached.

http://edoglobalorganization.org/Publications%20pdf/Edo%20Customs/History%20of%20the%20past%20and%20present%20Oba%20of%20Lagos.pdf
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 04, 2010
KnowAll:

It has gone a full circle, the Edo's where the first King of Eko, those early Edo's where not viewed as strangers in the 1600's, the indigenes of Lagos did not only accept this man as one of them, they made him a King. Fast forward 400 years later, another Edo man with admirable intellect who was born in Lagos speaks Yoruba as the mother tongue is being queried as to his indigneship by people of Ijebu stock what is the world becoming.

If those stone aged but learned and ancient lagosians can have the wisdom, the vision, and the astuteness of recognising a great man, not only from his background, but from his locus standi within the community as it where, one is amazed by the so called mordern educated scholars, their comments, their decorum and their misdearnors is not only embarassing, it is demeaing.

My take is these mordern day antogonist are an aberation, engineered by the misfortune that has engulfed and befalling the land, they are history manipulators, they are selfish, self centred people who want to reap where they have not sowed. What hope do we have in Nigeria, when their are people who want the sweat and blood of those who toiled the land to be in vain.

Mr Aganga is not even asking for the obaship like his forebeares did 400 years ago, he is only informing Nigerians of his state of origin, the Jonathan regime can see the wisdom in Mr Aganga's proclaimation why would some mordern day political distortionist like Felele who himself is of Ijebu stock would want to re-write history beats one's, imagination the earlier these lagos urchins get off the internet the better it would be for Nigeria and Lagos State.

These distortionist and history manipulators are tantomount to Nazi apologist who beleive the holocaus did not happen.

See History of Lagos Obaship from 1600's attached.

http://edoglobalorganization.org/Publications%20pdf/Edo%20Customs/History%20of%20the%20past%20and%20present%20Oba%20of%20Lagos.pdf

You posted an Edocentric site to prove your point? Guy forget that side. Edos have no claims to Lagos. What baffles me is how Edos didn't encounter Osun, Oyo, Ogun before getting in to Lagos. It baffles me how they can fly from Benin back in the days directly to Lagos. So I can post a Yoruba centric site to prove Yorubas are the creators of mankind?

Don't you know any retard can own a website and publish his own thoughts uncontested on his website? It's just $2/year to own a website. I can own one and publish nonsense on it as much as I like. Edo only has influence in Ondo and Ekiti. Debunked historical theories won't prove your point. Go figure. How they passed Ogun and Osun plus parts of Oyo to get into Lagos in age of no airliners beats me. It's not an historical fact, it's a sentimental belief. Get over it. Lagos have indigenes and I am one of them from both sides of my parents. What will you feel like if I say your hometown, where your ancestors come from and fought for is a no man's land? Get over it Lagos is a Yoruba land and it has been ruled by Yorubas since it came into existence. Granted different kingdoms in Yoruba land made up modern Lagos. So how you Edos flew over Osun, Oyo, Ogun is beyond me. At least if Hausa man say he is in Kwara we all know Kwara is close to where he can get to by foot or by canoe.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by olafolarin(m): 10:00am On Apr 04, 2010
I really dont see a reason for this thread.lagos PDP claimed the guy is from Etsako in Edo state.
The guy himself havent said anything since his name was selected.But personally i have friends who are lagosians and they bear aganga.They could be somehow related,

@ Felele, Take your real lagosian bullshit elsewhere.You are anyway from Ikorodu which from history makes you original indigene of Ogun state.You should be discussing with your ritualist governor Gbenga Daniel.
Segun aganga is here to stay , so live with it or do us all a favour, DROP DEAD.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by KnowAll(m): 11:00am On Apr 04, 2010
You posted an Edocentric site to prove your point? Guy forget that side. Edos have no claims to Lagos. What baffles me is how Edos didn't encounter Osun, Oyo, Ogun before getting in to Lagos. It baffles me how they can fly from Benin back in the days directly to Lagos. So I can post a Yoruba centric site to prove Yorubas are the creators of mankind?

Don't you know any retard can own a website and publish his own thoughts uncontested on his website? It's just $2/year to own a website. I can own one and publish nonsense on it as much as I like. Edo only has influence in Ondo and Ekiti. Debunked historical theories won't prove your point. Go figure. How they passed Ogun and Osun plus parts of Oyo to get into Lagos in age of no airliners beats me. It's not an historical fact, it's a sentimental belief. Get over it. Lagos have indigenes and I am one of them from both sides of my parents. What will you feel like if I say your hometown, where your ancestors come from and fought for is a no man's land? Get over it Lagos is a Yoruba land and it has been ruled by Yorubas since it came into existence. Granted different kingdoms in Yoruba land made up modern Lagos. So how you Edos flew over Osun, Oyo, Ogun is beyond me. At least if Hausa man say he is in Kwara we all know Kwara is close to where he can get to by foot or by canoe.

The Edos came from Yoruba's initially everybody knows the story, one of the son's of Oduduwa founded Benin. The Benin Kingdom predates the Oyo Empire, hence the reason why the Benin Kingdom controlled the whole western Nigeria Coast from Dahomey to escarvos. Thare is no reason for the Binis to settle in Ibadan or Ijebu ode or Abeokuta because these are landlocked hinterland abodes and of no benefit to the Bini Kingdom.

Since there has being a long passage of time 400 years precisely it would be difficult to prove, but one thing I can assure u  is most coastal towns along the west Afracan coast consist of an almagamation of different tribes. That is why King Jaja who was Igbo from the hinterland was the king Opobo a town on the coast.  Your argument lacks substance man
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by RichyBlacK(m): 11:13am On Apr 04, 2010
When Obasanjo nominated/appointed Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as minister for information, going by the 1999 constitution (each state should have a nomination bla bla bla), under what state was she appointed?

A. Abia State
B. Delta State
C. None of the above

Thanks.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by felele(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2010
olafolarin:

I really dont see a reason for this thread.lagos PDP claimed the guy is from Etsako in Edo state.
The guy himself havent said anything since his name was selected.But personally i have friends who are lagosians  and they bear aganga.They could be somehow related,

@ Felele, Take your real lagosian bullshit elsewhere.You are anyway from Ikorodu which from history makes you original indigene of Ogun state.You should be discussing with your ritualist governor Gbenga Daniel.
Segun aganga is here to stay , so live with it or do us all a favour, DROP DEAD.

Your stupidity is mind-blowing!! You are not from Lagos, quite obviously, or you would know that the inclusion of Ikorodu Division in the administrative Lagos State did not include the relocation of Ikorodu from its original location. What am I saying? That Lagos State as an administrative expression is a merger of the former capital territory of Lagos town, with the outlying Ijebu and Awori territories with whom Lagos Islanders already share an affinity stemming from hundreds of years of trade and inter-marriage.

In your haste to pour vitriol on me, you failed to apply a little industry and read up on the history of Lagos from the point of view of Lagosians. Do you have any idea why Ebute Ero (that is, if you even know where that is) is called Ebute Ero Do you have any idea which Yoruba sub-group forms the majority of textile traders (aso-ebi traders) on the Island and where they mainly come from? Do you know why Are you aware of the Ikorodu v Egba war of the 19th century? Do you know what was its cause??

Virtually every Ikorodu family has an outpost/family home on Lagos Island, and another satelitte home on the Jibowu/Ilupeju/Palmgrove/Maryland axis. Heck, in some families, the line between Lagos Island roots and Ikorodu roots is a very thin blur, so you coming here and chatting RUBBISH about Ogun state clearly do not have the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Lagos State for Lagosians, the rest of you, go and ask yourselves what you're doing to help your state of origin and what your "Governnors" are doing with your federal allocations. Don't poke your unwelcome noses into what doesn't concern you. Start packing, if your intention is to become involved in the administration of Lagos State.
Re: Jonathan Commits 1st Breach Of The Constitution With Aganga's Appointment by felele(m): 11:32am On Apr 04, 2010
Rothstein:

@Felele, ikorodu is for the ijebus,most residents and indigenes of ikorodu are from ogun state.guy u fall my hand i was thinking u r from kosoko or bembe ruling house.pls get buzy with your low life.u cant even mention your family name,shaaaaammme to u.i know the real lagosian and u r not close at all. pls where was your father's birth certificate issued? fake lagosian.i can scan my great grand father birth certificate which we use for state schlarship for u to see. yeye guinea fowl

Agreed that Ikorodu is an Ijebu town. However, much in the same way as the Aworis migrated to Iddo(Ado) and then Eko, so did the migration to Ikorodu start with a man called Oga, hence the nickname, Ikorodu Oga. That migration took them from Egba, through Remo and on to Ikorodu. Along the way, many joined from many-a-town, with the result that as I was growing up in Ikorodu, I saw many aged people with the triple Owu marks, like the ones Obasanjo has, on their cheeks. Asking my grandfather later, I was told the story of how the settlement of Ikorodu began with Oga, the Egba soldier and his troops, several hundred years ago and that those people were their descendants who merely carried on a tradition they were born into, several generations later. Their Ijebu was flawless, and I think it's what is responsible for the Ikorodu dialect, which other Ijebus will swear is heavily diluted and is actually "Ijebu-Eko". The intermarriage and trade between Eko and Ikorodu may also be responsible for the audible differences between the Remo dialect (our nearest Ijebu neighbours) and the Ikorodu dialect, although they are not mutually unintelligible to one another.

So, you may be correct in asserting that Ikorodu indigenes can draw their roots from towns in present day Ogun state, but you must remember that not only have hundreds of years passed since, but they arrived at a VIRGIN territory, the nearest village being Igbogbo, and built up a new community with its own culture and institutions from scratch.

Can you say the same about the latter day Lagosians like Aganga, as opposed to Aganga-Williams, which is the family known to be Lagosian in origin, and to which Segun Aganga bears no relation?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aide To Gov.ikedi Ohakim Threatens Imo State Blog Author. / Kwara Begins Census Of Jobless Youths / NAME THEM - Nigerian Traffic Wardens In London Causing Havoc (UK LASTMA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.