Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List (5073 Views)

Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees / Nigeria Removed From From The List Of Fastest Growing Economies (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by cap28: 12:29am On Apr 03, 2010
good timing - the new administration under Goodluck Jonathan must have done something right  - like cancel all trade agreements to china and award all the oil contracts and privatisation contracts to british and american companies.  

this war on terror blackmail thing really works!!!

its a bit coincidental how the US has decided to reverse this 14 nation screening list and replace it with one which focuses on people who fit certain profiles at around the same time that  Jonathan has decided to  launch an investigation into the ongoing privatisation of the nitel contract which was awarded to a chinese consortium - is it me or is the nigerian govt coincidentally doing a lot of things that seem to be favouring the US and britain?
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by Nobody: 2:51am On Apr 03, 2010
I don't see anything different. Nigeria was specifically mentioned as terrorist nations (or is it a nation sympathetic to terrorism? Whatever) whose citizens needs to be embarrassed at US Airports. Here, I can't see anything indicating we will still be treated differently.
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by umar2: 7:30am On Apr 03, 2010
Lets all mind the way we analyse things before posting them here.

(1) I want to believe we are all mature enough to reason, think and decide. The way some members of this forum go about discriminating and using abusive terms of religion is bad. Be it Muslim or Christianity lets all respect our own views and doctrines.

(2) Removing Nigeria and Nigerians from the list of the So called Land of Milk and Honey is not an issue to be concerned of at the moment. What we should all be praying for is our Leaders to change. America and American's idealogy and mindset right from time is they look at the blacks as inferior to them, so no matter what we do in general doesn't really change anything. I want you to know that not only Nigerian's are embarrassed and humiliated. All black Nations are seen as one in the eyes of the Americans. One way or the other we blacks are discriminated.

(3) Nigerians have not been de-listed or removed from the US Mandatory Screening List, rather it has been taken to another level of screen which is the new trend of screening all over the Globe.

God Help Nigeria
Ameen
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by Ikengawo: 8:24am On Apr 03, 2010
still complaining.
you're on the list you complain, you're off the list you complain
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by yahoo2(m): 8:44am On Apr 03, 2010
America's change in policy does not change anything for Nigeria! We are still regarded as a terrorist or terrorist supporting nation.
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by agathamari(f): 9:48am On Apr 03, 2010
nigeria was not removed from the list - the us has stopped screening based on the list. there is a HUGE difference between the two. Removing nigeria from the list means they no longer see nigeria as a terrorist target/safe haven. not using the list for screening means they feel it is ineffective - which is exactly what the state department said. the us has not changed its views (at least not publicly) on nigeria or the other dozen countries on the list.
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by skyone(m): 11:30am On Apr 03, 2010
Travellers will be picked out according to how closely they match intelligence on potential terrorist threats.
The new screening strategy results from a review ordered by President Obama

I think the US are begining to identify the Nigeria muttalabians more and more, so good news.
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by Echidime(m): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2010
I don't care about america and thier policies,america can only deal with you people that goes to them to beg for food,left to me alone america will know say they doesn't exist
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by Akanbiedu(m): 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2010
cap28:

good timing - the new administration under Goodluck Jonathan must have done something right  - like cancel all trade agreements to china and award all the oil contracts and privatisation contracts to british and american companies.  

this war on terror blackmail thing really works!!!

its a bit coincidental how the US has decided to reverse this 14 nation screening list and replace it with one which focuses on people who fit certain profiles at around the same time that  Jonathan has decided to  launch an investigation into the ongoing privatisation of the nitel contract which was awarded to a chinese consortium - is it me or is the nigerian govt coincidentally doing a lot of things that seem to be favouring the US and britain?

So this is your own "right"?
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by ayettymama(f): 1:11am On Apr 04, 2010
kmt im actually fuming
soo were not even off the list yet?
im soo dissapointed
why do we have a bunch of uneducated people ruling the country
how can we still be on that list??
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by Skywalker5(m): 9:02am On Apr 04, 2010
agathamari:

nigeria was not removed from the list - the us has stopped screening based on the list. there is a HUGE difference between the two. Removing nigeria from the list means they no longer see nigeria as a terrorist target/safe haven. not using the list for screening means they feel it is ineffective - which is exactly what the state department said. the us has not changed its views (at least not publicly) on nigeria or the other dozen countries on the list.

Guess the poster did not understand that
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by gongoaso1: 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2010
this thread is one huge JOKE angry
from the OP, one will think its time to rejoice but alas undecided

I just came back into the US from Canada and mehn, the kind screening wey dem screen me no get part two angry
this info is misleading, don't be fooled. If you are carrying a green passport, get reading to be frisked extra and interviewed.
You will be singled out and led indoors while your lineage is researched.

Pathetic what this panty bomber has brought upon us
angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by Ushersx(m): 1:00am On Apr 05, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

With all due respect to muslims I say pull out every young muslim Nigerian, american, pakistani and whatever race there is sure to be at least 10 extremists in every 100 very effective just ask isreal grin grin grin

Next time try not to air your views if you dont know wat to so lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by sley4life(m): 12:33pm On Apr 06, 2010
its ok.
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by denny4ril: 6:51pm On Apr 06, 2010
good to hear that but hope someone somewhere will not misbehave someday, AGAIN!
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by chidichris(m): 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2010
to me, having or removing our name from the list means little or nothing as the number of lives we loose every year as a result of these terrorists especially in the north shld be the issue here.
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by jokingmary(m): 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2010
we won't have been in kind of mess if our pot belly politicians were doing their jobs
well all the same they will be dancing around naked in the internationl airports in the name of screening
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by Krosslife(m): 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2010
i can say congratulations to all Nigerians having US removed our nation from mandatory screening list shows a major step to security development to combat terrorism of any form in Naija. But the fact still remains, American still gets their watchdog eyes on Nigeria for proliferation of future potential bombers. So, never think of dancing to the airport if you travelling to the US.
bronto!!!
Re: Nigeria Removed From Us 'mandatory Screening' List by PiodeGidgeRow: 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2010
Love this community and possess academic so much upon the practice of this week even-handed alongside viewing other people's threads and comments
Since we are in the mood representing sharing I soup‡on I'd ration something with you members of this forum. A plot where people can river the approved tv appear avid men
Relation is not worth, make merry guys!
watch mad men

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Problem Is Not Policy, It Is Implementation And Consistency. / Breaking News: Securities and Exchange Commission Sacks Okereke, Dangote / President Jonathan's 133 Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.