Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video (5938 Views)

. / "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 / Immigrants Working As Traffic Warden In London - Channel 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by EmperorOlu: 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2010
cap28:

if only it were that simple, in a utopian world yes i would agree that we are all masters of our own destiny, but unfortunately we dont live in  a utopian paradise where every man looks out for his fellow man - this is a dog eat dog world, its a world where cunning, treachery, skullduggery and wickedness are rife and where honest innocent people die for no just cause.

I have never said that the white man or chinese man is superior to us, but what i have said is that they have an agenda towards us which is not beneficial to the well being of our people, the chinese are actually a more humane in their dealings with africa because all they seem to want is to trade peacefully with us  the british and the americans on the other hand have imperialist ambitions and it doesnt matter how well meaning and confident we are as a race it will not help us, what will help us is military might combined with sound economic policies and good leadership, but this combination is not easy to acheive especially in a country as complex and diverse as nigeria, if we are fortunate to bring forth a good leader and beef up our military to prevent invasion from the americans, british or any other superpower then we are halfway there - this is what chavez has done

You say that Shell cannot stand in the way of a responsible govt who defies the west and puts its people first, you are grossly underestimating the power of multinational organisations -

if what you say is true  - why have there been numerous assassination attempts by the americans on Chavez's life following his nationalisation of Venezuela's oil industry?

also can you explain to me why mossadegh of Iran was overthrown by the british and americans after he nationalised the Anglo Iran oil company (now known as BP) which was formerly run and owned in its entirety by the british govt. 

how about the assassination of patrice lumumba of congo by the americans and the belgians following his rise to power and his promise to use the mineral wealth of congo for his people and not for the belgian and american multinational companies - are you aware that he was murdered by a belgian and american firing squad, his body dumped in the boot of a car and eventually burnt with acid in order to remove all traces of evidence implicating the americans/belgians?

how about the overthrow of Kwame Nkrumah of Ghana in 1966 by the americans following his meteoric rise to power and his declaration to halt the economic exploitation of his people. 

there are so many more examples in and outside africa.

you actually dont understand that western powers wage covert and overt  wars to oust "unfriendly" govts whose economic policies favour the indigenous people and adversely affect multinationals who are driven by profit and exploitation.

You talk about angola but again i ask you - who are the beneficiaries of the huge profits that this country is reaping from oil and gas contracts - the same ruling elite and not the average angolan on the street,

On paper, Angola is described as a middle-income country but 70 percent of its population live below the poverty line with life expectancy at  just 41.7 years.   there is a huge  disparity between those who have benefited from the boom, and the majority living on the land that have not, average annual income in Luanda last year was  just $201.

The capital has huge housing shortages and yet almost all of the construction being carried out is geared towards housing foreign visitors and the new ruling class. 

There are ongoing constructions of hotels along with marinas, golf courses and luxury flats - but again these are not intended for ordinary angolans but foreign investors.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2008/sep2008/ango-s04.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/World_News_3/The_exploitation_of_Africa_s_land_and_people_5661.shtml

Cap28 ,i applaud you .You are a  level headed person. You and rossie are the only ones with a brain on this thread, the rest are just morons who comment after eating a plate of egusi and pounded yam thereby miss-yarning.

On a more serious note,70% of Nigerians have an IQ below 70 so don't expect them to reason with you even though what you are saying is the truth. Many of the people on Nairaland worship the west because they were born in to a poor family and the first they tasted French fries and ice cream was when they went abroad.

But people like you and i don't care about such things because we know that the west is the problem of Nigeria and Africa, as long as there is chaos in Nigeria, the USA will have easy access to our mineral resources.

Just this week the USA Government ordered the Nigerian government to stop construction of a road that will pass by it's embassy staff's residence in Abuja and acting puppet Jonathan obliged. That is after they labelled us as terrorist ,yet we still bow to them and jump when they cough. Do you think acting mumu Jonathan can ask the US government to divert a road that will pass by the residence of Nigerian embassy staff in New York?

I am sure the next order the USA will give will be to ask mumu Jonathan to come and sweep the US embassy in Abuja every morning before he goes to work. We need a leader like Hugo Chavez who will come and delete all these cabals once and for all. I have got the heart to do it but with 70% of Nigerians having an IQ below 70 ,it won't be an easy task.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by cap28: 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2010
EmperorOlu:

Cap28 ,i applaud you .You are a  level headed person. You and rossie are the only ones with a brain on this thread, the rest are just morons who comment after eating a plate of egusi and pounded yam thereby miss-yarning.

LOL  grin grin grin grin grin grin - thanks bro, so true, you know a lot of the time i feel as if im in a twilight zone on my own where im the only one who can see all the atrocities that are going on in this world - its so disheartening when you try to debate intelligently with your own people and they are almost childlike in their inability to think critically, it does not bode well for the future of our country, because in order to stay ahead in this world you have to know your opponents position .  Many of the issues i take forgranted that our people will know are an open secret even amongst educated whites (i say educated whites because the uneducated ones are even more clueless than our people, but they can afford to be because they are not living in the type of grinding poverty that are people are.   

On a more serious note,70% of Nigerians have an IQ below 70 so don't expect them to reason with you even though what you are saying is the truth. Many of the people on Nairaland worship the west because they were born in to a poor family and the first they tasted French fries and ice cream was when they went abroad.

I agree and i find it really sad because if we were to regain control of our own country we could live much better than how many of us live here in the west where we are at the mercy of a  vicious racist system that does not want us here.

But people like you and i don't care about such things because we know that the west is the problem of Nigeria and Africa, as long as there is chaos in Nigeria, the USA will have easy access to our mineral resources.

absolutely, this guy frosbel keeps going on about how we need to stop  blaming the west for our failures, without understanding the full picture of why we are in this mess, it is not simply a case of poor leadership, there  are other extremely important contributory factors which are working  actively to sabotage all efforts of africans to be masters of their own destinies and exert control over their economic growth and development. 

Just this week the USA Government ordered the Nigerian government to stop construction of a road that will pass by it's embassy staff's residence in Abuja and acting puppet Jonathan obliged. That is after they labelled us as terrorist ,yet we still bow to them and jump when they cough. Do you think acting mumu Jonathan can ask the US government to divert a road that will pass by the residence of Nigerian embassy staff in New York?

he has to,  because they made it possible for him to be where he is today, he is their puppet and he has to do as he is told or he will be toppled just like his predecessor was and he knows it.

dont you see that he his now trying to  revoke a multibillion dollar nitel  contract which was awarded to china in order to award it to his masters,  these are all the instructions and demands set out to him when he met with johnnie carson when they slotted him into office.  the americans are desperate to scupper all trade agreements between africa and china in order to impede china's economic growth, remember that america's economy is on the verge of collapse, china holds $1.4 trillion dollars in US treasury bills (debt owed by the US to China) they are desperate and fearful of China usurping their position of world superpower. 

very soon you will hear that the majority of oil licensing contracts are to be renewed and awarded to shell, chevron, exxon mobil and china will be kicked out - that is when the Poo will hit the fan - i cant see china taking this lying down. 

I am sure the next order the USA will give will be to ask mumu Jonathan to come and sweep the US embassy in Abuja every morning before he goes to work. We need a leader like Hugo Chavez who will come and delete all these cabals once and for all. I have got the heart to do it but with 70% of Nigerians having an IQ below 70 ,it won't be an easy task.

grin grin grin grin grin grin - you're giving me some jokes here man, are you sure he isnt doing that already! he is their b.i.t.c.h - he cannot make any autonomous decision without them okaying it first, dont you see how he got rid of all former cabinet ministers who were in favour of doing business with China following instructions given to him by johnnie carson as soon as he assumed office. 

have you ever heard of a president of a country meeting with a foreign govt official, before meeting with members of his own govt,  but because he has no real power he has to see them whenever they demand an audience with him.  Nigeria has been a client state of america for a long time but now the americans are making it so obvious that they are running the country.
bro i agree we definitely need a Chavez - do you know that when he was kidnapped in 2002 by a US backed gang of army generals under instructions from washington, the entire masses of that country came down out of the favelas (ghettos) and stormed the presidential palace - the new govt which had been installed by washington ordered members of Chavez presidential guard  to fire on civilians but the soldiers  who remained pro Chavez supporters refused and instead joined forces with the masses demanding that Chavez be produced within 24 hours - can you beleive that these cowards upon finding that Chavez had the overwhelming support of the masses and the army , gave up and got the hell out of the country, Chavez was then produced miraculously having been missing for close to 48 hours, he was then reinstalled by the people with the army's backing, meanwhile the turncoat generals fled the country and are still in miami , united states, hatching more plans in collaboration with washington on how to kill Chavez once and for all - Could this happen in nigeria i wonder?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Venezuelan_coup_d'%C3%A9tat_attempt
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2010
Cap28 and EmperorOlu, you guys are killing me with knowledge here. Cap28, do you know I didn't even realise the China/US connection to the Jonathan debacle?

Could it be that Yar'adua was poisoned by the Mossad (who run Aso Rock), after what was seen as his undue recourse to China?

I know for sure the US has been manouvering in places like Sudan and the Congo to curtail Chinese contracts. And Yar'adua was also about to pass the Petroleum Industry Reform bill, that would have decreed more favourable terms, and opened up oil fields to indigenous and Chinese companies, breaking the stranglehold of Elf, Shell, Total and co, whose deals with us are notoriously exploitative and unfair, wth the former offering far more favourable terms to Nigerians.

I wonder if that bill, which was on its way to the National Assembly when Yar'adua was in office, will now be swept under the carpet, with Jonathan at the helm.

My guess is , yes it will.

Until Nigerians begin to see these linkages, like the Venezuelans, the Chinese, the Libyans, and the Iranians, they will NEVER get the deal.

We are still at the stage where we regard the US and co as our ''friends and allies''.

I don't think it's anything to do with IQ to be honest. Africans are highly intelligent. We invented writing, architecture, medicine, and astronomy.

The oldest mines in the world, dated over 25,000 years old, are found in Swaziland, not in London or America.

The oldest written scripts are found in Ethiopia, not in Paris or Berilin.

The west are newcomers to civilization.

Their modern propaganda machine is very effective and permeates our recent history of colonialism, our current educational systems and the local and foreign media.

So it's really not surprising that many modern Nigerians cannot see beyond the ''black is bad and white is blameless'' stereotype and mindset.

It's what they've been fed all their lives.

This will change however. As the years of colonialism recede, we will begin to reconnect with ourselves and heritage.

Eventually it will affect the leadership.

Quick anecdotal example: 20 years ago Nigerians played western music at clubs and parties, and watched Hollywood output as if  their fathers made them.

Today, it's different. Home grown is regarded as better.

The recent Anambra elections, generally regarded as the freeest and fairest since the annulled Abiola vote.

Prior to the vote, the various contestants and 'stakeholders' gathered at the king's palace, and swore a  traditional oath to the effect that there would be no rigging, no falsification of ballots, no intimidation of voters etc etc.

The result -  a near perfect election.

Every one of the parties to the agreement had an inborn faith in, and respect for the traditional instruments of ethics and morality.

As the years of colonial interruption recede into history, we will start to see the African Renaissance, powered by a revival of grassroots based ethical systems that will weed out the current neo-colonial  impostors.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by sjeezy8: 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2010
Im your typical westerner if Nigeria break up ok, if it doesnt ok- ko matta jare
But if anyone thinks there will be a "southern Nigeria" without the middle belt- you are fooling yourselves.

yankee Oil companies dont want the PIB which is enormously selfish of them- they dont want indignes to benefit from Oil in their communties. and they are against the govt allocating Oil blocks to Nigerian based companies-
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by UcheUwadi(m): 9:40pm On Apr 03, 2010
Very good discussion!!! However, Nigeria as a nation cannot trust any nation. That means Nigerians should not trust the British, the Americans, and the Chinese. All nations in this international system most of the time look to their own interest. This is the way of the world.

Some people I think are naive, to think that the Americans or the Chinese have the Nigerians best interest at heart. The answer is no. China sees Nigeria as a source for a very valuable natural resource and that is oil. As long as the world is addicted to oil, nations will look to other nations to satisfy this insatiable need. The Americans on other hand are interested in oil as well, but other factors play a role in the American's decision-making processes. America is wary of any Islamic Republic or Islamist operating within a nation. As we could see in Iraq, Afghanistan and now Pakistan, America is willing to invade the sovereignty of a nation in the name of the "War Against Terrorism." You must be mindful, that any nation that has been attacked by these individual will do their darndest to prevent another attack. Many policy makers in Washington, fear the the rising extremism in the North so we have to be careful about this issue as well. Finally, American policy makers and corporations are eying Nigeria's emerging Middle Class as a source of consumers for American goods. For many years, the U.S. has been having a trade deficit, so they need other nation's to buy their goods instead of importing goods from China. American companies have a vested interest in Nigeria besides oil.

Is Nigeria at the brink of a "bloody civil war," I think not. However, Nigeria as a nation is teetering as a nation close to a 'Failed State' since it cannot provide the most basic needs for the poorest of its citizens. If you cannot protect the safety of your own citizens within a state, then this classify a nation as a failed state. However, people tend to think that Nigeria is a failed state, then the entire nation would be at war within itself. Not necessarily, their are pockets of instability and pockets of stability. Just look at Somalia, southern Somalia is basically at war, while the northern part of the country is blessed with stability and prosperity. The same could happen to Nigeria if we are not mindful of the events that occurring within this nation.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2010
UcheUwadi said:

However, Nigeria as a nation is teetering as a nation close to a 'Failed State' since it cannot provide the most basic needs for the poorest of its citizens. If you cannot protect the safety of your own citizens within a state, then this classify a nation as a failed state.

This whole ''failed state'' business is some kooky theory a few Americans dreamt up in their basement over pizza, and is utterly meaningless, misleading, and directed at certain states that exhibit resistance to US hegemony.

No one ever calls India a failed state, but it is, if we go by your criteria of ''failing to provide the basic needs to every one of its people''. In India, half the 1 billion population are illiterate. Many live without running water and electricity, in slums that would make even Ajegunle residents recoil in horror.

EVERY NATION was once what we call a ''failed state'', because every nation went through the experience of not being able to cater for all its people.

Britain a hundred years ago was a hellhole. People slept 10 to a rooom in London. Cities were filthy. Disease was rife. Child slavery was rampant. Corruption astronomical. Go and read Charles Dickens to know what London was like.

I'm sure in those dire times, no Englishman went around calling their country a ''failed state''.

But it's the term they've coined for us ''darkies'', and which our thoughtless sheeple copy verbatim, to traduce, discourage, and depress themselves.

But no one can make you feel inferior if you do not let them.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2010
Failed States Index:

http://www.fundforpeace.org/web/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=391&Itemid=549

1 Somalia
2 Zimbabwe
3 Sudan
4 Chad
5 Dem. Rep. of the Congo
6 Iraq
7 Afghanistan
8 Central African Republic
9 Guinea
10 Pakistan
11 Ivory Coast
12 Haiti
13 Burma
14 Kenya
15 Nigeria
16 Ethiopia
17 North Korea
18 Yemen
19 Bangladesh
20 East Timor
21 Uganda
22 Sri Lanka
23 Niger
24 Burundi
25 Nepal
26 Cameroon
27 Guinea-Bissau
28 Malawi
29 Lebanon
30 Republic of Congo
31 Uzbekistan
32 Sierra Leone
33 Georgia
34 Liberia
35 Burkina Faso
36 Eritrea
37 Tajikistan
38 Iran
39 Syria
40 Solomon Islands
41 Colombia
42 Kirgizstan
43 Egypt
44 Laos
45 Rwanda
46 Mauritania
47 Equatorial Guinea
48 Bhutan
49 Cambodia
50 Togo
51 Bolivia
52 Comoros
53 Philippines
54 Moldova
55 Angola
56 Azerbaijan
57 China
58 Israel/West Bank
59 Turkmenistan
60 Zambia
61 Papua New Guinea
62 Indonesia
63 Bosnia
64 Nicaragua
65 Swaziland
66 Belarus
67 Lesotho
68 Madagascar
69 Ecuador
70 Tanzania
71 Russia
72 Mozambique
73 Algeria
74 Djibouti
75 Guatemala
76 Cuba
77 Venezuela
78 Serbia
79 Thailand
80 Gambia
81 Maldives
82 Fiji
83 Mali
84 Cape Verde
85 Turkey
86 Jordan
87 India
88 Dominican Republic
89 Saudi Arabia
90 Honduras
91 El Salvador
92 Peru
93 Morocco
94 Vietnam
95 Sao Tome
96 Namibia
97 Benin
98 Mexico
99 Gabon
100 Macedonia
101 Armenia
102 Senegal
103 Suriname
104 Guyana
105 Kazakhstan
106 Paraguay
107 Micronesia
108 Samoa
109 Albania
110 Ukraine
111 Belize
112 Libya
113 Brazil
114 Cyprus
115 Malaysia
116 Botswana
117 Jamaica
118 Brunei Darussalam
119 Grenada
120 Seychelles
121 Tunisia
122 South Africa
123 Trinidad
124 Ghana
125 Kuwait
126 Antigua and Barbuda
127 Mongolia
128 Bulgaria
129 Romania
130 Bahamas
131 Croatia
132 Panama
133 Bahrain
134 Montenegro
135 Barbados
136 Latvia
137 Costa Rica
138 Qatar
139 United Arab Emirates
140 Estonia
141 Hungary
142 Poland
143 Malta
144 Slovakia
145 Lithuania
146 Oman
147 Greece
148 Mauritius
149 Argentina
150 Italy
151 Spain
152 Czech Republic
153 South Korea
154 Uruguay
155 Chile
156 Slovenia
157 Germany
158 France
159 United States
160 Singapore
161 United Kingdom
162 Belgium
163 Portugal
164 Japan
165 Iceland
166 Canada
167 Luxembourg
168 Austria
169 Netherlands
170 Australia
171 New Zealand
172 Denmark
173 Ireland
174 Switzerland
175 Sweden
176 Finland
177 Norway
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2010
Sun God, anybody can draw up a list. Care to tell us the source of that ''index''?

Was it the UN or any established, accountable democratic institution, or was it a privately-funded US agency?

A quick response would suffice.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 10:30pm On Apr 03, 2010
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2010
Thanks,   but I did not ask for a link to their website.

I wanted you to tell us about them. Who are they? Who runs them? Who owns them? Who funds them?
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 10:35pm On Apr 03, 2010
ROSSIKE,

I'm not your personal researcher. Please carry out your own investigations.

I have cited the source of the information as requested.

Thanks,

cool
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 03, 2010
Well, Sun of God, You would do well to become a researcher, rather than a mere thoughtless poster of any list emanating from America.

Before you post a list or index, you must tell us WHO is drawing up the list, so we can know their Agenda.

You cannot simply throw up a list and expect us to trust in it simply because it comes from white people.

The group that drew up that list (''Fund for peace'') is a privately-owned company founded by an American investment banker named Randolph Compton.

For clued-up folks here, that throws a whole new light on it.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Pk001(m): 10:44pm On Apr 03, 2010
I watched it yesterday and I think the story is incomplete. It was only the January Kuru Jenta killings that was reported, where some the muslims attacked and where overpowered by the Christians who killed many of them. I expected the white man to complete the story by showing the story of the over 200 hundred Christian women and children  killed in Dogo Nahuwa. I feel the research on this story wasn't accurate enough. It is somehow one sided.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 10:51pm On Apr 03, 2010
ROSSIKE,

If you have a list from a more credible source please provide it. We would all welcome it.

Your recent comments have highlighted that your slightly Backward.

We are not going back 500 years to the pre colonial/pre slave error. You seem to think this is a solution.

You Pol Pot.

If your local chief has a more credible list then can we all see it.

You didn't seem to know what a failed state was? The list should help you understand.

I took it upon myself to alleviate your ignorance.

So be greatful!
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2010
Sun of God said:

ROSSIKE,

If you have a list from a more credible source please provide it. We would all welcome it.

There is no ''credible'' list of ''failed states''.

There is no consensus on what, if anything, constitutes a ''failed state''.

You didn't seem to know what a failed state was? The list should help you understand.

Actually I'm having more trouble sorting out your spelling woes.

You never heard of the term ''failed state'' until a pimple-faced white boy in a US suburban basement decided to coin the term to discourage ''darkies'' like you from reaching for the stars.

You need to rid yourself of your terrible sense of inferiority.

Next thing they'll call you a mouse and you'll come here to post it.

''See? I'm a mouse!! Look. A white man wrote it!!"
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 03, 2010
Pk001:

I watched it yesterday and I think the story is incomplete. It was only the January Kuru Jenta killings that was reported, where some the muslims attacked and where overpowered by the Christians who killed many of them. I expected the white man to complete the story by showing the story of the over 200 hundred Christian women and children killed in Dogo Nahuwa. I feel the research on this story wasn't accurate enough. It is somehow one sided.

Absolutely perfect, I thought the same.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2010
ROSSIKE,

Your Paranoia of the White man is excessive. I suspect you've been violated several times by them.

You have the choice of either taking the information on board or discarding it.

You choose whether Nigeria is failing or not.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2010
Others are moving on some people are blaming the whiteman.

Typical defeatist attitude.

Our solutions lie within us and with God's help,  not some colonial issue that occurred eons ago.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by udezue(m): 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2010
Some might feel like events going on are small pockets of unfortunate events but this is how it all starts. Who knew that the small-scale massacre of Southern civilians in Kano, Jos, back in the 50s to the Tiv riots in the 60s, the coup and then the large scale massacre of over 30,000 Southern civilans could then lead to Biafra civil war? The war only ended because the Igbos led by Effiong chose to not go into guerila warfare. The observation by the media is not misplaced at all. Old alliances that were able to keep the country intact at the expense of others no longer exists. The Middlebelt that supported Hausa-Fulani terrorism is now the the victim of the same Hausa-Fulani terrorism, even the Ijaw who had no problem kneeling in front of the North for a few crumbs are no longer willing to go that far. Even Yoruba have elements in their society in support of leaving that federation. The religious divide is far more pronounced than it was during the Biafran war.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by udezue(m): 11:18pm On Apr 03, 2010
Blame it on the white man. LOL

Stop deceiving yourselves.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 11:20pm On Apr 03, 2010
"Was it the UN or any established, accountable democratic institution, "

The UN - An established, accountable democratic institution?

Backwardness
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2010
The UN is certainly more accountable, professional, and democratically organised than your private investment banker owned company who drew up your idiotic index.

I wonder how much credence Americans would give to a private Nigerian company that drew up an index with the US at the bottom of it.

My guess - zero.

Lesson: No one can make you feel inferior if you do not let them.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 11:36pm On Apr 03, 2010

No white men control or work for the UN!!!

Keep showing off your ignorance.

BushGirl,
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by EmperorOlu: 11:36pm On Apr 03, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Cap28 and EmperorOlu, you guys are killing me with knowledge here. Cap28, do you know I didn't even realise the China/US connection to the Jonathan debacle?

Could it be that Yar'adua was poisoned by the Mossad (who run Aso Rock), after what was seen as his undue recourse to China?

I know for sure the US has been manouvering in places like Sudan and the Congo to curtail Chinese contracts. And Yar'adua was also about to pass the Petroleum Industry Reform bill, that would have decreed more favourable terms, and opened up oil fields to indigenous and Chinese companies, breaking the stranglehold of Elf, Shell, Total and co, whose deals with us are notoriously exploitative and unfair, wth the former offering far more favourable terms to Nigerians.

I wonder if that bill, which was on its way to the National Assembly when Yar'adua was in office, will now be swept under the carpet, with Jonathan at the helm.

My guess is , yes it will.

Until Nigerians begin to see these linkages, like the Venezuelans, the Chinese, the Libyans, and the Iranians, they will NEVER get the deal.

We are still at the stage where we regard the US and co as our ''friends and allies''.

I don't think it's anything to do with IQ to be honest. Africans are highly intelligent. We invented writing, architecture, medicine, and astronomy.

The oldest mines in the world, dated over 25,000 years old, are found in Swaziland, not in London or America.

The oldest written scripts are found in Ethiopia, not in Paris or Berilin.

The west are newcomers to civilization.

Their modern propaganda machine is very effective and permeates our recent history of colonialism, our current educational systems and the local and foreign media.

So it's really not surprising that many modern Nigerians cannot see beyond the ''black is bad and white is blameless'' stereotype and mindset.

It's what they've been fed all their lives.

This will change however. As the years of colonialism recede, we will begin to reconnect with ourselves and heritage.

Eventually it will affect the leadership.

Quick anecdotal example: 20 years ago Nigerians played western music at clubs and parties, and watched Hollywood output as if  their fathers made them.

Today, it's different. Home grown is regarded as better.

The recent Anambra elections, generally regarded as the freeest and fairest since the annulled Abiola vote.

Prior to the vote, the various contestants and 'stakeholders' gathered at the king's palace, and swore a  traditional oath to the effect that there would be no rigging, no falsification of ballots, no intimidation of voters etc etc.

The result -  a near perfect election.

Every one of the parties to the agreement had an inborn faith in, and respect for the traditional instruments of ethics and morality.

As the years of colonial interruption recede into history, we will start to see the African Renaissance, powered by a revival of grassroots based ethical systems that will weed out the current neo-colonial  impostors.

^^^^ I mentioned this thing about Mossad running Aso Rock one day on NL and people started raining curses on me.

The Nigerians of today are cowards ,have you forgotten FELA's song where he said : Police man go slap your face ,you go dey look like donkey

Those people who love the US government are those people who went to the USA for the first time by winning the US visa lottery, they are not like us who have been going to the USA for holidays since the age of 13.Most of the people here have "paki" mentality ,dey no be aje butter like us that is why USA dey shack them. To them USA is heaven, i wonder what they will feel if they visited the gold coast in Australia. Personally i think USA and Britain are overrated. Some Nigerians will sell their relatives just to get a 3 day visa to the USA  grin .Funny thing is that there are many Nigerians living the USA and struggling to pay their rent but when they call their relatives in Nigeria ,they will start speaking through their nose like they already own a skyscraper.

@ Cap28
Please don't waste your time on Frosbel,the guy is on constant meth high  wink .Half of the time he is rambling and one can berely connect his comments with the topic.The Queen of britain is his alfa and omega so don't expect him to diss "Jand" or admit that the MI5 as well as the MI6 have wrecked Africa alongside the NSA and the CIA.

@Cap28 & Rossike.

What hold does the USA and Britain have over us ? I really want to know because how can Obama can be S.l.a.p.p.i.n.g us left ,right and centre without us making a stand.  angry

Is it Military Power?

How come Hugo Chavez can stand up to them ?

Why can't Acting BABOON Jonathan stand up to them, i thought all ND people have courage, where is Jonathan's courage? I guess he is all about the benjamins. Maybe he will get some plastic surgery with the money he is stealing to correct his facial wowoness ,especially that his nose that looks like the umbrella in the PDP logo!!  grin

P.S where is beaf ,jonathan's house boy? Beaf please appear on this thread and defend your Oga! grin
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Beaf: 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2010
^
Make sense for once in your life. You sound mad.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 03, 2010
Sun of God said:

No white men control or work for the UN!!!

Keep showing off your ignorance.

BushGirl,

First off I'm male. Two, the UN staff comprises individuals and researchers from every nation under the sun. The UN commits millions of dollars yearly, contributed by member nations, into conducting the most respected countrywide research on earth. That is where educated people go to learn the statistics relating to the basic indicators of all nations, from infant mortality rates to literacy.

What educated people do NOT do, is post dubious lists from some private agency in the US that's accountable to no one, and whose research modalities, staff strength  and capabilities no one knows anything about, much less their agenda.

So please quit embarassing yourself by posting that stupid list.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by EmperorOlu: 11:45pm On Apr 03, 2010
Beaf:

^
Make sense for once in your life. You sound mad.

Beaf ,Beaf I trust you ,anywhere dem dey talk about your Oga (jonathan) ,you must dey there ,na him my people dey call “owambe”  grin

By the way would you recognize a comment that made sense even if it was handed to you on a platter of Gold ?  
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by EmperorOlu: 11:51pm On Apr 03, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Sun of God said:

First off I'm male. Two, the UN staff comprises individuals and researchers from every nation under the sun. The UN commits millions of dollars yearly, contributed by member nations, into conducting the most respected countrywide research on earth. That is where educated people go to learn the statistics relating to the basic indicators of all nations, from infant mortality rates to literacy.

What educated people do NOT do, is post dubious lists from some private agency in the US that's accountable to no one, and whose research modalities, staff strength  and capabilities no one knows anything about, much less their agenda.

So please quit embarassing yourself by posting that silly list.

What did i tell you about some of our people's IQ ,he just assumed that you were female without asking 

I guess if he was a population census officer ,he will just record you as a female without confirming your gender  undecided

Sun of GOD lose the drugs and stay sober!  grin

As for the list, let him believe what he wants, whatever makes him happy. These days with the frustration in people's lives, the list probably provides some sort of comfort for him.Maybe he is planning to be the president of Biafra if Nigeria splits  grin
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 03, 2010
I mentioned this thing about Mossad running Aso Rock one day on NL and people starting raining curses on me.

Mossad running Aso rock, astonishingly hilarious if not for its totally silly logic

@ Cap28
Please don't waste your time on Frosbel,the guy is on constant meth high  wink .Half of the time he is rambling and one can berely connect his comments with the topic.The Queen of britain is his alfa and omega so don't expect him to diss "Jand" or admit that the MI5 as well as the MI6 have wrecked Africa alongside the NSA and the CIA.

On a high for sure, a high of information saturation, and here to spill it all out to clear the air of  rubbish 'polluted' comments.

I have always thought that people that cannot face up to their own problems and instead blame the next man are stark cowards.

That's why Nigeria is an object of ridicule, we cannot take risk and confront our numerous faults and ethical differences without one blame or another on the white man. So the white man is your obstacle to progress ? Is he more intelligent than you ?

For while we come here to spill out unfounded  guess work and shocking conspiracy theories, your politicians are busy siphoning money meant for the masses to private bank accounts on behalf of their cronies and families.

Charity begins at home.

I appreciate that conspiracy theories can be interesting and sometimes very entertaining, but to take some of them seriously borders on childishness.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 11:55pm On Apr 03, 2010
I've already stated - Believe what you want.

The UN is a sacred institution that should be trusted!
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 04, 2010
I mentioned this thing about Mossad running Aso Rock one day on NL and people starting raining curses on me.

Trash, undecided

@ Cap28
Please don't waste your time on Frosbel,the guy is on constant meth high wink .Half of the time he is rambling and one can berely connect his comments with the topic.The Queen of britain is his alfa and omega so don't expect him to diss "Jand" or admit that the MI5 as well as the MI6 have wrecked Africa alongside the NSA and the CIA

On a high for sure, a high of information saturation, and here to spill it all out to clear the air of rubbish 'polluted' comments.

I have always thought that people that cannot face up to their own problems and instead blame the next man are stark cowards.

That's why Nigeria is an object of ridicule, we cannot take risk and confront our numerous faults and ethical differences without one blame or another on the white man. So the white man is your obstacle to progress ? Is he more intelligent than you ?

For while we come here to spill out unfounded guess work and shocking conspiracy theories, your politicians are busy siphoning money meant for the masses to private bank accounts on behalf of their cronies and families.

Charity begins at home.

I appreciate that conspiracy theories can be interesting and sometimes very entertaining, but to take some of them seriously borders on childishness.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by EmperorOlu: 12:07am On Apr 04, 2010
Sun of god:

I've already stated - Believe what you want.

The UN is a sacred institution that should be trusted!

grin cheesy wink smiley grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Cv - By Their Fruits You Shall Know Them. / Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians / Nigerian Soldier's Gun Jams During A Fierce Battle With Boko Haram (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.