Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video (5946 Views)

. / "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 / Immigrants Working As Traffic Warden In London - Channel 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2010
The West Seem to be going all out to expose Nigeria and have made predictions about its future.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/4od#3052719

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2010
As the world's attention focuses on recent sectarian violence in Nigeria, Unreported World provides an exclusive report on the events leading up to the latest round of bloodletting.

Reporter Peter Oborne and director Andy Wells were the only television journalists in the town of Jos in the immediate aftermath of a previous outburst of sectarian violence, which left 500 people dead. There, they uncover the truth about the convulsion of barbarism that is afflicting a country, and which is rapidly spiralling out of control.

Unreported World suggests that the explanation for the violence in terms of Muslim versus Christian is far too simplistic. This is a battle for land and power, with deep roots in ethnic rivalry. They also hear how, at best, the government has done little to keep the peace, and allegations that, at worst, the military are fuelling the conflict.

Though soldiers now patrol the streets of Jos and there is a 6pm curfew, Wells and Oborne soon discover that the crisis is far from over. Every day sees fresh flare-ups when Muslims and Christians try and return to their communities to rebuild houses and schools.

Arriving at the outlying village of Kuru Kamara, the scene of a reported massacre, the team discovers only devastation - burnt cars and houses, and empty streets. They meet a villager, Abdullah, who gives an account of the day of the massacre. He claims that three vanloads of Christian youths had arrived early in the morning from neighbouring villages armed with guns and machetes.

Abdulla shows Oborne a sewer that he claims had been filled with 30 dead and maimed bodies of young children from the age of six months to five years old. They are taken to a square where much of the killing took place. Every few yards there are black patches on the ground where human bodies were burnt alive. The team is told that 170 villagers were killed in total.

Some of the bodies were thrown down wells. Though many have been removed, some are still visible. Unreported World hears claims that the local police made no attempt to halt the killing, and that one local police officer joined in.

In an attempt to learn what happened, the team visits a hospital in the centre of Jos. Dr Golwa Philimon, a surgeon, tells them that there were 180 fatalities in his hospital alone. He says that the first batch of patients had suffered machete wounds, but that after approximately 12 hours the majority of fatalities were as a result of gunshot wounds apparently inflicted by army and police. Dr Golwa claims 'fake' security agents or men dressed as soldiers and police contributed to the killings.

Dr Philimon introduces Oborne to Joshua, a Christian who had arrived at the hospital two days earlier with gunshot wounds. The team travels to Joshua's village and learns that Joshua was the victim of a reprisal attack by Muslims from the neighbouring Felani tribe. They discover that Joshua's fellow villagers are living in constant fear as a result of daily attacks.

Back in Jos they visit a school that has been converted into a camp for displaced people. Muhammad Isa, a taxi driver, shows them round the camp then takes the team back to what was his home. His house has been destroyed and Oborne confronts Isa's neighbour, a pastor whose house was left intact. As the team leave, Mohammad begs the outside world for help, and in a prediction of what would follow just a week later, says that until someone intervenes, there will be more bloodshed.

As they leave the country, Oborne concludes that the killings have only just begun and that Nigeria may be about to embark on a bloody civil war.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 02, 2010
I think these guys had Nigeria in mind today.

Today's UK daily mail has 2 news on Nigeria.
One read: Armed with guns and machetes, they  were chanting  Kill! Kill! Kill!
Abstract: In this chilling Easter dispatch, PETER OBORNE reports from Nigeria on the terrifying religious hatred between Christians and Muslims - and warns it could spiral into a repeat of the Biafran war which left one million dead. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1262988/PETER-OBORNE-Armed-guns-machetes-chanting-Kill-Kill-Kill.html

Second read: Tears of teenage girl charged over fatal stabbing of boy, 15
www.dailymail.co.uk/, /Tears-teenage-girl-charged-fatal-stabbing-boy-15-Victoria-station.html
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2010
The West seem eager to right some wrongs - Cover up's are a thing of the past.

The investigation seems unbiased and has not spared any sect or religion from blame.

(OMO IBO - Thanks for the links)
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sauron1: 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2010
I am watching the schitzo on Channel 4 + 1 now. . . . .
Nigeria is a disgrace. The open sore of the African Continent.

Goddang it. . . .This documentary has just exposed our so called LEADERS. . . . .
I hope all of em die in a plane crash.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by oderemo(m): 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2010
Goddang it. . . .This documentary has just exposed our so called LEADERS. . . . .
relax guy, i just watched it me self.the story is same its just report from diff, angle.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2010
Nigeria Must Split - Its the only feasible solution

cry
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by ikeyman00(m): 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2010
@@@@

oya over 2 u josboy

united north? hmmm not really; opps na totally new debate
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sauron1: 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2010
ode remo:

relax guy, i just watched it me self.the story is same its just report from diff, angle.

What are you on about?
Dropping 30 children from the age of six months to age 7 into a soak-away and covering it with stones is something i should relax about.
I hope the most dangerous strain of EBOLA kill all the senators and the FEC members in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by snowdrops(m): 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2010
Echoes of rwanda and burundi.

Who would have imagined years ago that such can happen in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by 18platoon(m): 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2010
That soldeir named jack making threats on camera, good for him, atleast now we have somebody's face.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by oderemo(m): 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2010
I hope the most dangerous strain of EBOLA kill all the senators and the FEC members in Nigeria.
same thing i want for them but me sitting in my south east residence you somewhere in the universe can kick our sofa 20x and curse on the internet, what have we achieved , nada.
the situation in Nigeria need  all our corncert ed efforts to route all rouge elements in our society frm south to the east and north.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sauron1: 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2010
ode remo:

same thing i want for them but me sitting in my south east residence you somewhere in the universe can kick our sofa 20x and curse on the internet, what have we achieved , nada.
the situation in Nigeria need  all our corncert ed efforts to route all rouge elements in our society frm south to the east and north.

Are these leaders teenagers?
U mean our so called LEADERS who are supposed to know better dunno shyte and they need our efforts to ACT right?
May thunder fire them from State to State.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by oderemo(m): 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2010
Are these leaders teenagers?
same question i asked during the resent ministerial screening, when the nominee were reading qualifications as if that is linked to performance.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2010
18 platoon:

That soldeir named jack making threats on camera, good for him, atleast now we have somebody's face.

Violence on both sides of the divide is not acceptable.

But two things stand out .

1. Three villages that were formerly Chrisitan are now Fulani occupied, this smacks of a Jihad Plot

2. The soilder Jack had called his soilders to help protect them. What would you do

But we agree that there are some disgruntled elements behind this whole crisis.

As a young boy who spent a great deal of time in the North, Jos was always a peaceful , lovely place. I never ever heard of violence there.

Why this sudden change .  

Who are the infiltrators, are they external forces of solely internal ?

Sad indeed.

Let me know your thoughts, I humbly stand to be corrected.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2010
Some comments from Daily mail readers

Having lived in Nigeria for 10 years I understand the division of North and South not forgetting the East (Igbo Land) Biafra.
Nigeria is the most ethnically opposed country in Africa and as the National Crest suggests sould be divided into North,South and East. The north Hausa/Fulani are traders and cattle people/farmers. The south Yoraba and afiliated tribes are the heart of the administration and banking and the east Igbo are the Managers and Engineers crafts men etc.
Nigeria has many natural resources but jealousy,greed and corruption denies its full explotation. Nigeria has the potential to be Africas leader was it not for their inability to trust each other.
Its so sad to read of Nigerias demise as the majority of its people are the salt of the earth.
I say divide the counrty now and avoid genocide on a gigantic scale.
- Jim, Durham, 2/4/2010 8:56

I lived and worked in Nigeria in the 70,s when General Obasanjo was in charge.
Nigeria is a complete basket case and will never be any different, so please control Nigerian immigration to the UK, it,s their no.1 destination of choice because of our lax liberal way of life and open door policy,
- Derek McDonaldd, Saigon, Vietnam., 2/4/2010 11:17

Whilst Jos is indeed on the cusp of the North/South Muslim/Christian divide, the Yoruba heartlands of the South West are also very much multi faith, so this has the potential to get very much worse. Some of the 'Christian' sects and churches would scarcely be recognisable to an English Anglican.
Sadly the Police and the Army will revert to their tribal and religious groupings at an early stage in any conflict and I fear we may yet see an African Yugoslavia developing.
- robineff, Lymington England, 2/4/2010 10:08

Nigeria, like Ireland,should split into two separate 'countries' North & South Christians in one-half; Muslims in the other, move everyone appropriately, END OF PROBLEM. And the same in Ireland with Catholics and Protestants. Only THEN, will these appalling situations come to an end! - And to think these vile things are all done ('once-more'), in the name-of 'RELIGION and 'GOD''!!!!!!!!!!
- Tommy, Kiev., 2/4/2010 9:30
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by chic2pimp(m): 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2010
~Sauron~:

I am watching the schitzo on Channel 4 + 1 now. . . . .
Nigeria is a disgrace. The open sore of the African Continent.

Abeg stop using the word when you refer to those scumbags incharge of that country.
Some of things I saw in that programme were hard to stomach.
Bloody cowards slaughtering defenseless little kids & babies.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sauron1: 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

Abeg stop using the word when you refer to those scumbags incharge of that country.
Some of things I saw in that programme were hard to stomach.
Bloody cowards killing defenseless little kids.

Did you see the dead bodies they exhumed from that pit?
Look at the way those men were talking about killing people. . . . .One of em said "I killed six". "We killed everybody".
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2010
~Sauron~:

Look at the way those men were talking about killing people. . . . .One of em said "I killed six". "We killed everybody".
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!

Sickening to say the least.

I can understand adults fighting, but what about babies and young women.

The politicians have failed again.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by chic2pimp(m): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2010
~Sauron~:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!
Oh boy I see evrything ooo sad sad sad
The scene in which the dude said 'I Killed Six' was used to promote the programme.
I wasn't too sure and thought about giving it a miss but as soon as I saw the Promo I had to watch it.
Imagine bragging infront of the camera that you killed six without any fear? undecided I guess that's what the Lawless country called Nigeria has turned into.

frosbel:

Sickening to say the least.

I can understand adults fighting, but what about babies and young women.

The politicians have failed again.
Dude atleast Women can defend themselves, those babies and youngun's can't.
Cowardice at it's best is what I call it.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2010
Kill - or be Killed? - Thats what the dude said.

If your surrounded and in such a situation what do you do?                   

The murder of innocent people whether children or adults is unacceptable.

However in defending your family and their property anything is acceptable.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sauron1: 9:40pm On Apr 02, 2010
Sun of god:

Kill - or be Killed?

In such a situation what do you do?

RUN or dial 999.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 9:44pm On Apr 02, 2010
People dont trust or want police to defend them - they dont want or trust the army to defend them!

Who's meant to defend these people from these barbaric acts?

Who's meant to provide justice in the entity called Nigeria?

Nigeria has anounced this enquiry - and that enquiry - Each enquiry will consume how many billions?

But its a white man with a camcorder that's got to the heart of the matter.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by invisible2(m): 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2010
There's nothing that can't happen here, people can wake up and slaughter their neighbors without fear. No security here. Please divide this country United nations.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2010
"As they leave the country, Oborne concludes that the killings have only just begun and that Nigeria may be about to embark on a bloody civil war"

The guy visited the heart of the problems and spoke to both sides - See his conclusion.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by EzeUche(m): 11:11pm On Apr 02, 2010
Sounds like music to my ears.

To your tents O Ndi Igbo! Let us deal with the saboteurs among us before they destroy us from within.

A final solution for the Ijaw Question.    angry
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Sunofgod(m): 11:22pm On Apr 02, 2010
Even the West understands Nigeria is no good to anyone in its current state.(Including them)

Its failing its people and the world given what it potentially has to offer.

They are going all out to awaken Nigerian's to the plight they face in the current entity called Nigeria.

Change is needed  - The countries problems are beyond the useless politicians we have in power.

A REVOLUTION IS CALLED FOR - AND THE WEST APPEAR WILLING TO SUPPORT THE MUCH NEEDED REFORM.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by henry101(m): 1:30am On Apr 03, 2010
THE TOPIC SHOULD BE "NORTHERN NIGERIA" ON THE BRINK OF A BLOODY CIVIL WAR.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Dede1(m): 2:30am On Apr 03, 2010
Nigeria depicts everything wrong about scorching colonialism the British registered on the African continent. Anything short of erasing the marks of the infamous partition of Africa as it existed in the psychic of the narrow-minded colonist shall remain a classical joke. Nigeria must be disintegrated and the resultants could not be worse than the present configuration.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by cap28: 2:56am On Apr 03, 2010
the daily mail is known throughout britain as being an anti immigration, racist newspaper - its readers are mainly narrow minded middle class english people who have a morbid and irrational hatred of foreigners, ever since i got to understand the power and agenda of the western media i always question the motives behind the stories they publish. 

why has Jos which has been known for being a peaceful town where christians and muslims have lived peacefully  alongside each other for years  decided to implode at this point in time - i went to school in Jos and throughout the 4 years i was there i never experienced any form of inter ethnic conflict - so why now?

Also why is the west clamouring for the division of nigeria - what do they stand to gain from all of this

Are these inter ethnic conflicts being manipulated and controlled by external forces - why are people like Peter Oborne - a staunch right wing racist and supporter of the white racist farmers in Zimbabwe suddenly talking about Rwanda style genocide in Nigeria, i wish someone could provide answers to some of these questions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by 006(m): 3:07am On Apr 03, 2010
could someone post the video on Youtube, I can't access it here. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video by Ibime(m): 6:17am On Apr 03, 2010
The same One Nigerians who rail against secessionist ideas are first to register their chagrin at the goings on in Jos. Someone said he never imagined such things taking place in Naija. Where was he in 1966? It is becoming increasingly apparent that anything short of the complete balkanisation of North and South Nigeria at least will only propagate misery in the lives of denizens in the jungle called Nigger area.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent / The Last Statement Of Ken Saro Wiwa At The Military Tribunal In 1995 / Flood: Delta Records 22 New Babies In IDP Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.