Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2076695 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (1318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
OreMI22:

The only thing i am pleading with state and local government officials is that the should encourage these types of neighborhoods to plant at least one tree per building.

Our people probably don't know that trees purify the air we breathe by producing oxygen and taking away carbondioxide. Apart fro providing shade and make the place look habitable, there are real health benefits for planting trees.

It's so annoying that something as basic yet as important as trees are proving to be so hard for our gov'ts and people to plant in their neighbourhoods!

Though i think the responsibility for doing the actual planting should be that of the local gov'ts or relevant ministry concerned. This is in order to give it a well spaced-out and uniform look. If every and anyone goes out with shovel to plant trees in front of their houses or block of flats, it would look unplanned and irregular.

Looking at those pics of Senator Oduas' good works in Atani, i hope peeps can now begin to appreciate just how easy it is to beautify Onitsha and turn it into the best city in Nigeria.....if only attention is paid to detail, and acceptable minimum standards are kept when delivering infrastructure in the city! Open gutters and absence of sidewalks for instance...we should have passed that stage by now for crying out loud! sad

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2018
Xander85:

It's so annoying that something as basic yet as important as trees are proving to be so hard for our gov'ts and people to plant in their neighbourhoods!

Though i think the responsibility for doing the actual planting should be that of the local gov'ts or relevant ministry concerned. This is in order to give it a well spaced-out and uniform look. If every and anyone goes out with shovel to plant trees in front of their houses or block of flats, it would look unplanned and irregular.

Looking at those pics of Senator Oduas' good works in Atani, i hope peeps can now begin to appreciate just how easy it is to beautify Onitsha and turn it into the best city in Nigeria.....if only attention is paid to detail, and acceptable minimum standards are kept when delivering infrastructure in the city! Open gutters and absence of sidewalks for instance...we should have passed that stage by now for crying out loud! sad

I am truly hoping that an environmental law is passed in Anambra that mandates every house to at least plant a tree somewhere in front of the house. Houses that have electricity wires passing in front can plant flowers instead of trees. If a little space is opened on all those concrete slabs just for one tree per house, the entire city will become green and habitable again. In the same law, it should be an offence to cut down trees anywhere in the state without approval.

Part of the reason many people think Onitsha isn't habitable is how the entire place has been scrapped of trees and vegetation.

I remember my elementary school days at Premier primary school Onitsha. We walked to school everyday. Yet the entire way was lined with trees from Ojedi road to all the streets we walked to get home. Such that at 2 pm when school was over, we walked under the shade of trees until we got home. Today, a typical street in Onitsha does not even have a single tree. We are yet to know the impact of such harsh environmental degradation on kids and people's health. But i'm sure there will be some consequence about the total eradication of plants and trees from the entire city.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
Social media hangout reaching out to less privileged at MCC Onitsha

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Call07034780891: 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
Trees, trees and trees. Are these trees in the moon? cool

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 1:06am On Jun 11, 2018
One of the ways you know someone isn't from Anambra is the vehement manner they try to block any progressive idea to improve the state.

Any true Anambrarian will understand that we have achieved a lot considering the oppression face in Nigeria, yet we still have A LOT MORE to do.

Most importantly, we must change the narrative of Anambra as a mere traders town to a place where foreign expatriates prefer to live and work in Nigeria. That is why folks are saying we have to make our cities more conducive and beautiful. We must figure out a way to solve water problems through drilling neighborhood boreholes to supply an area, solve electricity through building small neighborhood power plants funded by landlords and homeowners and revolutionize solar panel use and waste management. Above all, we must beautify our cities to international standards.

Our biggest city is Onitsha. It does not matter what street you decide to look at. Our people have practically stopped planting trees and flowers especially in high density areas where most of the population live. That is the crux of the matter. Not a few duplexes of the super rich at GRA.

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 2:15am On Jun 11, 2018
Hopefully, we pay attention to our environment and neighborhoods through using planting of trees to make them conducive for life.

Foreigners will seek visa to live in Onitsha and People will begin to appreciate Nigeria as a livable space in this world.

It is not too difficult to achieve in Onitsha and other Anambra cities. We just need to have the will to do it and stop pretending to ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 3:44am On Jun 11, 2018
OreMI22:
Hopefully, we pay attention to our environment and neighborhoods through using planting of trees to make them conducive for life.

Foreigners will seek visa to live in Onitsha and People will begin to appreciate Nigeria as a livable space in this world.

It is not too difficult to achieve in Onitsha and other Anambra cities. We just need to have the will to do it and stop pretending to ourselves.
You and xander85 should stop polluting this thread with this boring talk of trees. Trees are not what makes cities liveable. Most New York City streets don't have trees. 'Onitsha is not liveable' and yet, it is by far the most populated city the in east! What do you people smoke? More new businesses are opening up in the city everyday and people are running away from trees and bushes in other states to come to Onitsha to live and work.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 4:05am On Jun 11, 2018
Xander85:

After this visit, will anything change drastically or is it just playing to the gallery?

About two years ago i remember a tree planting initiative was launched in Anambra, yet today i don't see what has been done differently! Even i that has no formal training in horticulture can change the face of Anambra within a year given the opportunity...all it needs is commitment and some funds!

All Anambra needs is a few well maintained state parks for leisure, greening up all open public spaces like was done on the flyover medians, regular street/gutter sweeping/cleaning, tree planting on major streets and highways, and sanitary inspectors to inspect neighbourhoods, compounds and other public areas on a weekly basis. Shikena!
Some of you reason like over-pampered children! At this age and time, you want government to deploy sanitary inspectors before people know that they should keep their surroundings clean?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:56am On Jun 11, 2018
NonsoWow:
You and xander85 should stop polluting this thread with this boring talk of trees. Trees are not what makes cities liveable. Most New York City streets don't have trees. 'Onitsha is not liveable' and yet, it is by far the most populated city the in east! What do you people smoke? More new businesses are opening up in the city everyday and people are running away from trees and bushes in other states to come to Onitsha to live and work.

People are running to Onitsha to live like animals in ugly buildings with paints peeling off selling all sorts of goods in tiny cubicles called shops? Is that living? No wonder criminals and social dregs are drawn to Onitsha the same way rats are drawn to a sewer.

The greatest thing Fashola did for the former jungle called Lagos was getting rid of all those touts on roads, social dregs under bridges, enforcing order and planting grass and trees where they used to stay. Fashola made Lagos livable not a vast urban slum. Anambra needs to do the same. Cities should be places of advancement and should not be for everyone. If you want to trade in the gutters you should return to your village. If you want to live without plumbing return to the bush place you came from. Buildings with collapsing roofs, non-existent conveniences should be shut down and landlords forced to upgrade. Civilization starts in the city.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by justtoodark: 5:50am On Jun 11, 2018
Xander85:

After this visit, will anything change drastically or is it just playing to the gallery?

About two years ago i remember a tree planting initiative was launched in Anambra, yet today i don't see what has been done differently! Even i that has no formal training in horticulture can change the face of Anambra within a year given the opportunity...all it needs is commitment and some funds!

All Anambra needs is a few well maintained state parks for leisure, greening up all open public spaces like was done on the flyover medians, regular street/gutter sweeping/cleaning, tree planting on major streets and highways, and sanitary inspectors to inspect neighbourhoods, compounds and other public areas on a weekly basis. Shikena!

handling trees is not easy oooo....especialy when they are still young....

its easy to cut them down but not easy to grow....it needs years of caring....

if you think you just plant them and forget,then you dont understand trees that much.... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Call07034780891: 6:30am On Jun 11, 2018
You are a stupid idiot. Are you from Anambra? Why can't you go discuss your Abia state for once? You are jumping from thread to thread but you have never opened any thread to discuss your own state. Were you not the same person they said you are chino in Enugu thread? Always talking rubbish even in the midnight as if he knows everything. Take that your stupid idea to your gov Ikpeazu because you guys needs it more than the whole world.

[s]
OreMI22:
One of the ways you know someone isn't from Anambra is the vehement manner they try to block any progressive idea to improve the state.

Any true Anambrarian will understand that we have achieved a lot considering the oppression face in Nigeria, yet we still have A LOT MORE to do.

Most importantly, we must change the narrative of Anambra as a mere traders town to a place where foreign expatriates prefer to live and work in Nigeria. That is why folks are saying we have to make our cities more conducive and beautiful. We must figure out a way to solve water problems through drilling neighborhood boreholes to supply an area, solve electricity through building small neighborhood power plants funded by landlords and homeowners and revolutionize solar panel use and waste management. Above all, we must beautify our cities to international standards.

Our biggest city is Onitsha. It does not matter what street you decide to look at. Our people have practically stopped planting trees and flowers especially in high density areas where most of the population live. That is the crux of the matter. Not a few duplexes of the super rich at GRA.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:06am On Jun 11, 2018
2018 World Cup: Anambra police commissioner leads Nigerian security contingent to Russia

The Commissioner of Police in Anambra State, Mr Garba Umah, will lead the Nigerian security contingent to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, in the state, Haruna Mohammed, disclosed this on Sunday in a press statement in Awka, the Anambra State capital.

He said the commissioner had since departed for the national assignment.

The PPRO however enjoined the people of the state not to relent in maintaining peace and order during the commissioner’s absence from the state.

The statement read partly, “The Anambra State Police Command wishes to inform the general Public that the Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command, CP Garba Baba Umar, is leading the Nigerian security contingent for the 2018 FIFA World Cup to Russia and that he has since departed.

“The CP further urged all Ndi Anambra not to relent in their ongoing cooperation to the Command towards promoting safety and Security in the State, please".

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/06/10/2018-world-cup-anambra-police-commissioner-leads-nigerian-security-contingent-russia/amp/

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 11:52am On Jun 11, 2018
[s]
Call07034780891:
You are a stupid idiot. Are you from Anambra? Why can't you go discuss your Abia state for once? You are jumping from thread to thread but you have never opened any thread to discuss your own state. Were you not the same person they said you are chino in Enugu thread? Always talking rubbish even in the midnight as if he knows everything. Take that your stupid idea to your gov Ikpeazu because you guys needs it more than the whole world.
[/s]

[s][/s]

Look at the igala idiot from Anam also claiming to be from Anambra? What do you have in your area or what have your people contributed to the development of the state?

Ndi anedo kwo okwu, umu nkita esoro kwo.

Ndi ala!

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Call07034780891: 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
Useless hopeless i.diot. Are you cursed that you can't even discuss your dead Abia state. You are always hovering like a demon on anything that concerns Anambra. Yes i am from Anam, at least that qualifies me as an Anambra person. What of you that is not even from Anambra. Anambra is one monolithic state and people. I am comfortable being from any part of Anambra but what i will reject totally is when you put me in another state outside Anambra. Useless old fool, take your worthless advise to your dying state.

Ozu nwuru anwu, Nikita lacha gi anya there. Mad man.

[s]
OreMI22:
[s]

Look at the igala idiot from Anam also claiming to be from Anambra? What do you have in your area or what have your people contributed to the development of the state?

Ndi anedo kwo okwu, umu nkita esoro kwo.

Ndi ala!
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Aromi: 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
DawatNama:

Nwanne it's like grew up around iyiowa, I went to CPS 1 (Akwukwo Ututu)... Iyiowa used to sweet. We were living at Azia via Chioma Hospital.

Yes I remember Premier Football club back then, their rival was Udoji. They play their derby at Powermike when I was a kid. After Premier then Jasper and Gabros. There was a period Anambra had three clubs pl
aying in NPL, Udoji of Awka, Jasper of Onitsha and Gabros of Nnewi. Gabros today is Ifeanyi Uba while Udoji and Jasper fizzled out.

Yeah iyiowa is my hood meet one old guy you will know him if you do come to cps to watch football his name is chinaedu igwe aja nwanaga i also know azia street i can call some name there like tge ezesfamily fron azia
I grow up at ekwulumili street behind onyejiegoaka street
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
NonsoWow:

Enugu and Aba are both bigger than Onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

the person you quoted is talking about population, not land area. read Nxt time b4 quoting
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
Aromi:

Yeah iyiowa is my hood meet one old guy you will know him if yiu do come to cps to watch football his name is chinaedu igwe aja nwanaga i also know azia street i can call some name there like tge ezea family fron azia

I know nwanaga well, his brother ikechukwu act feminish, I know when their dad died, Infact we could be passed as family friends then.
Nwanaga was a fantastically talented footballer, that he didn't make it to super eagle still leave me with goosebumps till tomorrow. In him I realized that talent isn't enough, he was one of the reasons people close shops earlier in Bridgehead to watch. Do you remember Nassau, Perfect, Mancha, Manchagair is dead, Maradona, Gbodoo, Okocha etc...

Iyiowa Don caste now, kids are now joining cults, Igala people are littering everywhere with okada.

Before we used to play under 13 matches every weekend and people came to watch us now every kids wanna kill someone.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Call07034780891: 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ikengawo, stop smoking rubbish and tell us how big is Owerri. Onitsha has grown beyond the original Onitsha. The city has grown into a metropolitan city into Ogbaru, Obosi, Oba, Ogbunike, Ogidi, Nsugbe and now heading to Nkwerre Ezunaka.

Ofodirinwa:

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
Call07034780891:
Ikengawo, stop smoking rubbish and tell us how big is Owerri. Onitsha has grown beyond the original Onitsha. The city has grown into a metropolitan city into Ogbaru, Obosi, Oba, Ogbunike, Ogidi, Nsugbe and now heading to Nkwerre Ezunaka.

I know you're emotional, but I deal in the world of facts and information so be patient. While Onitsha was growing Enugu and Aba were shrinking?
It's a globally accepted statistical fact that Enugu and Aba are bigger than Onitsha.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ttipsy:
the person you quoted is talking about population, not land area. read Nxt time b4 quoting

Population? Enugu and Aba are bigger than Onitsha in population as well.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ttipsy(f): 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

interesting...
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Stnomso: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

I know you're emotional, but I deal in the world of facts and information so be patient. While Onitsha was growing Enugu and Aba were shrinking?
It's a globally accepted statistical fact that Enugu and Aba are bigger than Onitsha.

You argue blindly

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Call07034780891: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ikengawo, i am a very realistic person. You are the one filled with emotion and envy. The person you first quoted never compare Onitsha, Enugu and Aba, but because of your innate bitterness and poise to always bring your complex to the public glare led you into bringing up what was never mentioned.

This was the same thing you did when you were bearing ikengawo until we followed you up. Now you have come with a new moniker with the same mindset. I asked you, what is the size of Owerri , your own state capital? Like i said Onitsha metro is very large because it has cornered all the semi urban towns around to form a huge metropolis ahead of the pack.

Ofodirinwa:

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
Call07034780891:
Ikengawo, i am a very realistic person. You are the one filled with emotion and envy. The person you first quoted never compare Onitsha, Enugu and Aba, but because of your innate bitterness and poise to always bring your complex to the public glare led you into bringing up what was never mentioned.

This was the same thing you did when you were bearing ikengawo until we followed you up. Now you have come with a new moniker with the same mindset. I asked you, what is the size of Owerri , your own state capital? Like i said Onitsha metro is very large because it has cornered all the semi urban towns around to form a huge metropolis ahead of the pack.

you're insane. Enugu and Aba are biggest cities than Onitsha. This is only disputed in this thread. The original poster said that Onitsha was the biggest city in the region and I corrected him. I also think you're Ikengawo or Chino because you've been going around this forum accusing me of being Ikengawo for almost a year straight
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Call07034780891: 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ikengawo, your father is insane.

Your mother is insane.

You are insane.

Yes, Onitsha is the largest city in the SE. Onitsha is thrice the size of Owerri. Hit your barehead on the floor.

Ikengawo, we run NL, so we know everyone on this forum even with their different monikers. Keep deceiving yourself. Fool

Ofodirinwa:

you're insane. Enugu and Aba are biggest cities than Onitsha. This is only disputed in this thread. The original poster said that Onitsha was the biggest city in the region and I corrected him. I also think you're Ikengawo or Chino because you've been going around this forum accusing me of being Ikengawo for almost a year straight

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Stnomso: 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

Do you know according to google. Awka is bigger than onitsha. But onitsha has the largest metropolitan area in the whole of southeast covering about 1965km square and enugu is just 556km square.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
mktinsight, this is the last time I will attend to your foolishness. The dregs you are talking about are 95% wawa and abakaliki lowlives who flooded Onitsha in large numbers when neighbouring states banned okada operations within their boundaries. With the ban of okada in Anambra set to go into effect in less than a month's time, a lot of these dregs will be forced to go back to their states of origin. Those that refuse to go back but choose to resort to crime instead, will be gunned down by law enforcement. The issue of old buildings in Onitsha is not strange because like other ancient cities in Nigeria that started opening up in the mid 1800s, old buildings with faded paints and lack of maintenance are a common sight in the old parts of town. Old cities abound like Benin City, Ibadan, Calabar, Zaria etc. Onitsha is the oldest city in d east, so old buildings in some parts are not out of place. What matters is Onitsha has maintained its hold, dating back over a 150 years as the economic livewire of the east!

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

Onitsha metropolitan: which consist of Onitsha, Atani, Nkpor, Obosi, Oba, Nkwerre, Ogidi, Odepke, Ogbunike is bigger than Aba and Enugu town join together by landmass and population fact.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
[b]ANAMBRA STATE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, GOV. WILLIE OBIANO INAUGURATES BOARD.

The Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano at the Governors lodge, Amawbia on Monday 11th June, 2018 inaugurated the Board of the State Housing Development Corporation.

The Board which is to be Chaired by Chief Emeka Etiaba, SAN were charged by the Governor, to discharge their responsibility with utmost dexterity. He reiterated that for us to have the Anambra State of our dream, we all must join hands to work for it. He expressed the belief that the decision to get them to work for the development of the State Housing Development Board, is indeed a sincere understanding of their various outstanding performances in their various fields of endeavours in life. "...You all were carefully selected as a result of your accomplishments in life. I want a keenly reinvigorated and vibrant board. You must ensure that whoever builds within the governments lands, have such structure(s) brought down. I want Estates with world class ecstatics with good roads, electricity, security, pipe born water and what have you..."

The Board Chairman, Chief Emeka Etiaba, SAN expressed happiness to be associated with the government and thanked the Governor for his belief in the board members noting that they shall get to work immediately and ensure that the right things are done. He praised the giant strides of the Government of Anambra State especially in the over all development of the State. He assured that the Board shall do everything within their powers to live up to the thrust reposed on them. He emphasized the fact that, the Governor's appointment were in line with the law of the Corporation. He reiterated that the State Housing Development Corporation, is supposed to be a money yielding corporation for the State and therefore, the first port of call for his team shall be to embark on proper auditing of the titled documents in the Anambra State Housing Estates. This, according to him, will not only be beneficial to the State, but also help property owners to access loans with their properties. The team shall revisit the Housing Estates in Anambra State in other to identify the reason behind the neglect of our people towards estate development. He acknowledged the fact that indeed, the housing development in Anambra State over the past years diminishes our peoples love for estate development. Chief Etiaba assured that after 3 years in office, the government shall see their report card.

The Board members are;

~ Chief Emeka Etiaba - Chairman.
~ Hon. Engr. Emeka Ezenwanne (Com. for Housing) - Statutory Member
~ Hon. Chris Onukwuba (Com. for Lands) - Statutory Member
~ Prof. Joe Asike - Member
~ Prof. Victor Idigo - Member
~ Engr. Ebele Okeke (Former Head of Service of the Federation) - Member
~ Sir. Isaiah Ezekika - Member
~ Bar. Mrs. Maggie Ify Mozia - Member
~ Bar. Dennis Ofor - Member

The Board also has Barrister (Mrs) Anierobi Onyeoma as its Legal Adviser and Secretary General[/b]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ejanla07: 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

L

Jealousy and envy written all over dis post
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
Stnomso:

Do you know according to google. Awka is bigger than onitsha. But onitsha has the largest metropolitan area in the whole of southeast covering about 1965km square and enugu is just 556km square.

You guys brought landmass into this, not me. Enugu and Aba are bigger cities -in population- than Onitsha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (1318) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.