Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2061626 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2018
mktinsight:

Maybe you also need to do PPP for cleaning up commercial streets and ridding them of hawkers and illegal vehicles parked since ANSG is too corrupt.

This Obiano government unfortunately does not understand the importance of order for real estate development. Get rid of hawkers, retailers renting shops benefit, enforce sanitation laws and building requirements and landlords will upgrade, enforce no parking laws people will build car parks and get revenue.

In Lagos because they practically pushed out fruit n veg vendors from the major streets you now see real organized grocery shops forming.

Which Lagos, abeg make we hear word.
This Lagos I reside or which one,the only place in Lagos different from Anambra is Lekki, the rest na shithole.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
Yyeske:
Do you live in Onitsha at all?
No but I must be in Onitsha every month because of the nature of my job.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 8:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
@Dawatnama, Obiano is working on most urban roads in Onitsha and Awka as well as he is working on most rural roads. I have even posted some of them here before now. What i kept asking myself is where does he get all the funds to be able to meet up with all these.

As long as Niger Street and Iweka Road down to Moore Street where Pigs sleep in the streets are in those shape, he ain't doing anything. Old and new mkt roads that are suppose to be Anambra CBD are nothing to write home about.
Open gutters everywhere, makeshift shacks every corner, abeg sanity is needed like some said, there is no sanity now

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=mktinsight post=68451872]

Anambra needs to have better urban planning not just roads. Water, health, sanitation, industry. Onitsha to me is what you get when you leave the common man to plan. Chaos. A city that was a beacon of modernity with missionaries, schools, western trading companies has degenerated into a city of unregulated filth and commercial madness. Onitsha is supposed to have all the regional HQ of multinationals and banks but they flee to Enugu and Asaba. [/quote ) I will suggest govt/landlords/tenants partnership in solving many of Onitsha infrastructural & environmental challenges like roads, Power supply,dirt roads,waste disposal, office accommodation, security etc. I believe if this is adopted, many of Onitsha problems will be solved with a period of 2 to 5 years and this will improve the standard of the living of millions of it's RESIDENCE.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
DawatNama:

As long as Niger Street and Iweka Road down to Moore Street where Pigs sleep in the streets are in those shape, he ain't doing anything. Old and new mkt roads that are suppose to be Anambra CBD are nothing to write home about.
Open gutters everywhere, makeshift shacks every corner, abeg sanity is needed like some said, there is no sanity now
I support you on this!

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2018
mktinsight:

Anambra needs to have better urban planning not just roads. Water, health, sanitation, industry. Onitsha to me is what you get when you leave the common man to plan. Chaos. A city that was a beacon of modernity with missionaries, schools, western trading companies has degenerated into a city of unregulated filth and commercial madness. Onitsha is supposed to have all the regional HQ of multinationals and banks but they flee to Enugu and Asaba.

The issue with Onitsha is lack of academic environment. Something need to dilute its blue collar nature. If there is a university campus within the city limits it will influence the residents on how to act decent.
There is no packaging in Onitsha, 90% of the residents don't return after NYSC so there is dearth of mindset overhaul.
What sabmiller employees did at iyiowa taught me that educated minority can influence uneducated majority in greater length.

Anambra state need to take university campuses to Onitsha and Nnewi, if you visit Ekwulobia you will understand how Oko Poly students influence the locals

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2018
DawatNama:

The issue with Onitsha is lack of academic environment. Something need to dilute its blue collar nature. If there is a university campus within the city limits it will influence the residents on how to act decent.
There is no packaging in Onitsha, 90% of the residents don't return after NYSC so there is dearth of mindset overhaul.
What sabmiller employees did at iyiowa taught me that educated minority can influence uneducated majority in greater length.

Anambra state need to take university campuses to Onitsha and Nnewi, if you visit Ekwulobia you will understand how Oko Poly students influence the locals
Where is the space for university in Onitsha? There is Tansia university in Umunya one of sub towns, how about Onitsha business school?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:32pm On Jun 13, 2018
DawatNama:

There is College of education off Onitsha at Nsugbe, there's is UNIZIK college of medicine and NAUTH all in Nnewi. You should stop spreading wrong information.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Kokolet11: 9:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
ANSMEDIA:

Gov. Willie Obiano without the prior knowledge of the Contractors visits the Ongoing Construction of Okpuno -Urum -Amanuke -Achalla Road 15.9km
i will only take obiano serious when he construct the road that led to Isu,Urum down to Amanuke

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2018
Breaking:

The Hard working Gov Willie Obiano Inspects the Construction of Agbaja Abatete -Oraukwu /Alor Junction Road.

The 2.5km road is handled by Beez Global Ltd.

His Excellency, after inspection expressed satisfaction with the degree of work done on the road and instructed that he expects to see the asphalting of at least 1km of the road before the rainy season starts.

#GreaterAnambra
#WillieKeepsWorking

Photo credit : Harrison Madubueze

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2018
MORE!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ejanla07: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2018
DawatNama:

The only truth u ve ever told

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by redsquare(m): 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
DawatNama:

I'm with you on this bro. The presence of a higher institution in Onitsha and environs would really change everything about the city. I aso believe that once Okada is stopped and taxis/rickshaws start plying every street, sanity would be restored.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
DawatNama:

No but I must be in Onitsha every month because of the nature of my job.
That is cool but I know that the nature of my job takes me round the state every week and I think it is people like me that are supposed to be commenting on what we see everyday unlike those who visit periodically.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 11:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
redsquare:

I'm with you on this bro. The presence of a higher institution in Onitsha and environs would really change everything about the city. I aso believe that once Okada is stopped and taxis/rickshaws start plying every street, sanity would be restored.
Every town or city has a spirit of its own, Onitsha is not an exception.
The presence of a thousand higher institutions can't change the Onitsha spirit. Onitsha would bend those institutions to become more Onitsha-like, they can't change the Onitsha spirit.
Asaba and Onitsha are close because of contiguity but can never be same because what is hype in Onitsha is different to same in Asaba as we speak.
Onitsha is known for transport, commerce and industry.
Awka has her strength in hospitality, administration and education
Nnewi of course is for heavy industry, so as you can see, every city has its strength.
Ekwulobia-Oko has her strength as a transport hub as well as an educational hub too.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 12:25am On Jun 14, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Where is the space for university in Onitsha? There is Tansia university in Umunya one of sub towns, how about Onitsha business school?

The 33 artillery army barracks in Onitsha needs to be relocated to somewhere at Nteje to be able to respond to emergencies in Onitsha or Awka.

Then use the ares that is the 33 artillery brigade in Onitsha for a university.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 1:57am On Jun 14, 2018
OreMI22:

The 33 artillery army barracks in Onitsha needs to be relocated to somewhere at Nteje to be able to respond to emergencies in Onitsha or Awka.

This issue of the so called Nigeria army taking up prime land in or close to the perimeter of the city centre is something i don't understand! Why do they have to be so close or in the city centre?

The 82 division in Enugu is another one....imagine what we could do with all that land if they moved these people to some place else. It could be used for a massive state park for leisure and relaxation!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 14, 2018
DawatNama:

Onitsha was relatively well planned until it became an unregulated market town where anybody and everybody could do anything.

So if you want Onitsha to change you need far better organized business to locate there and not traders selling goods under staircases or in shacks. For that to.happen you need government enforcing order and not encouraging the primitive capitalism of a street and wheelbarrow economy.

That's the difference between an India and a China and is why the Chinese economy is 8 times the size of India. The Chinese think big and do not settle for cities where people can live anyhow like India. Their streets do not let cattle to sleep on them or tricycles to roam because they can't plan a proper transport system.

That is also why the Europeans are far more creative and innovative than the rest of the world. Just visit any European town, their shopping streets are orderly and attractive and is not an everyone affair. So you see people engaged in craft not retailing. Look at the cafés, restaurants, shops that they have. Those structures are infused with the skills of architects, interior designers, artists, equipment manufacturers, suppliers not loads of hastily built shacks with no toilet or plumbing at the side of the road announcing "food is ready".

The ANSG needs to get serious with our cities. They are not extensions of villages. People need to operate at a higher level of organization and productivity. Onitsha needs is to attract industry, upgrade it's wholesale markets and clean up the CBD so supporting services can come in.

Specifically the state needs to build more industrial areas in Onitsha equipped with power, roads and water. The city should have 1,000 factories. Its wholesale markets need to be incorporated to attract capital to upgrade with better design, conveniences, infrastructure for modern wholesale retail not ugly unpainted, unroofed blocks of concrete called shops. Then the government needs to enforce building laws, sanitation fees and fines, upgrade commercial streets with pavements, parking laws, better transport systems.

Onitsha is supposed to be a premier city in Nigeria not a theater of primitivity.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 3:19am On Jun 14, 2018
Willie Obiano should not forget his promise to dualize 33 road (Nkisi road) from Onitsha to Umuleri airport city and then extend it to Aguleri'

Dualization of this road will open up the northern fringes of Onitsha the way Onitsha -Owerri road dualization opened up the southern fringes. Such that people could live in Oba and comfortably work in Ointsha. Thus, decongesting the town.

Dualization of the Nkisi (33) road will enable people to live in Umuleri or Aguleri and work in Onitsha without the commuting time being too much. That road is critical to the future of the state and growth of Onitsha as a megacity.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 3:29am On Jun 14, 2018
mktinsight:

Onitsha was relatively well planned until it became an unregulated market town where anybody and everybody could do anything.

So if you want Onitsha to change you need far better organized business to locate there and not traders selling goods under staircases or in shacks. For that to.happen you need government enforcing order and not encouraging the primitive capitalism of a street and wheelbarrow economy.

That's the difference between an India and a China and is why the Chinese economy is 8 times the size of India. The Chinese think big and do not settle for cities where people can live anyhow like India. Their streets do not let cattle to sleep on them or tricycles to roam because they can't plan a proper transport system.

That is also why the Europeans are far more creative and innovative than the rest of the world. Just visit any European town, their shopping streets are orderly and attractive and is not an everyone affair. So you see people engaged in craft not retailing. Look at the cafés, restaurants, shops that they have. Those structures are infused with the skills of architects, interior designers, artists, equipment manufacturers, suppliers not loads of hastily built shacks with no toilet or plumbing at the side of the road announcing "food is ready".

The ANSG needs to get serious with our cities. They are not extensions of villages. People need to operate at a higher level of organization and productivity. Onitsha needs is to attract industry, upgrade it's wholesale markets and clean up the CBD so supporting services can come in.

Specifically the state needs to build more industrial areas in Onitsha equipped with power, roads and water. The city should have 1,000 factories. Its wholesale markets need to be incorporated to attract capital to upgrade with better design, conveniences, infrastructure for modern wholesale retail not ugly unpainted, unroofed blocks of concrete called shops. Then the government needs to enforce building laws, sanitation fees and fines, upgrade commercial streets with pavements, parking laws, better transport systems.

Onitsha is supposed to be a premier city in Nigeria not a theater of primitivity.

I totally agree with you.

Removal of illegal structures and sustaining the effort is a huge start to reclaiming Onitsha from the distortion.

They should look at base map of Onitsha Metropolis ie (Awada, Obosi,Nkpor, Onitsha, Omagba, Ogidi, Ogbunike, Nkwelle ezunaka, Nsugbe, Oba etc) and designate major roads that should be expanded so that people can get around easily. They need to build a small flyover to connect New Market road and Oraifite street in Awada. This will help the massive population in Awada to access the main city in Onitsha.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 5:45am On Jun 14, 2018
cjrane:

I totally agree with you.

Removal of illegal structures and sustaining the effort is a huge start to reclaiming Onitsha from the distortion.

They should look at base map of Onitsha Metropolis ie (Awada, Obosi,Nkpor, Onitsha, Omagba, Ogidi, Ogbunike, Nkwelle ezunaka, Nsugbe, Oba etc) and designate major roads that should be expanded so that people can get around easily. They need to build a small flyover to connect New Market road and Oraifite street in Awada. This will help the massive population in Awada to access the main city in Onitsha.
Nice suggestion but I guess you meant a small flyover connecting New Cemetery road in Woliwo to Oraifite street in Awada

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 6:23am On Jun 14, 2018
Obiano hss cleaned out all the illegal street trading attachments in Onitsha. In two weeks okada will be phased out completely from the major cities of Onitsha and Awka. Branded registered taxis will ply all the routes.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 6:26am On Jun 14, 2018
Ejanla07:

Shut up mr. D guy you quoted is a sophiscated moronn. Dont fall for his Igbo claims. He is afonja through and through. Even if chino is not Igbo he is from Anambra
And you are from....?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 7:13am On Jun 14, 2018
OreMI22:

The army barracks should be left where it is so that they can respond quickly to any Ipod disturbance in the Onitsha metropolis pending when all those wawa and abakaliki miscreants are completely cleared from our state.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 7:21am On Jun 14, 2018
NonsoWow:
The army barracks should be left where it is so that they can respond quickly to any Ipod disturbance in the Onitsha metropolis pending when all those wawa and abakaliki miscreants are completely cleared from our state.
I agree with you on this, prompt response to those miscreants that had taken Nkpor as their headquarters but stop tagging the Wawa and Abakaliki people please.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 7:28am On Jun 14, 2018
cjrane:
Willie Obiano should not forget his promise to dualize 33 road (Nkisi road) from Onitsha to Umuleri airport city and then extend it to Aguleri'

Dualization of this road will open up the northern fringes of Onitsha the way Onitsha -Owerri road dualization opened up the southern fringes. Such that people could live in Oba and comfortably work in Ointsha. Thus, decongesting the town.

Dualization of the Nkisi (33) road will enable people to live in Umuleri or Aguleri and work in Onitsha without the commuting time being too much. That road is critical to the future of the state and growth of Onitsha as a megacity.

Every government of Anambra state from 1999 till day have been mediocrity condoned. No government have been able to dualized a single important state road in Anambra state.
Now, why should Upper Iweka to Moore Street be left in that state instead of the government to continue from where FG stop at flyover and dualize the road to Main Market.
Roadside traders at Ochanja will divide the narrow road into two, trading on the half and dumping heaps of refuse of the other side while pedestrians and motorists haggle for space to pass. Zik Avenue, Niger Street and Port Harcourt Road they can't dualize. If they scrap the surface of the earth and poor hot coaltar media urchins will be making noise.
I will always say it that Orlu have more dualized roads than Onitsha and Nnewi combined, this is a fact

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 7:37am On Jun 14, 2018
DawatNama:

Every government of Anambra state from 1999 till day have been mediocrity condoned. No government have been able to dualized a single important state road in Anambra state.
Now, why should Upper Iweka to Moore Street be left in that state instead of the government to continue from where FG stop at flyover and dualize the road to Main Market.
Roadside traders at Ochanja will divide the narrow road into two, trading on the half and dumping heaps of refuse of the other side while pedestrians and motorists haggle for space to pass. Zik Avenue, Niger Street and Port Harcourt Road they can't dualize. If they scrap the surface of the earth and poor hot coaltar media urchins will be making noise.
I will always say it that Orlu have more dualized roads than Onitsha and Nnewi combined, this is a fact
I guess you dualized Zik's avenue, secretariat road, Agu Awka road etc all in Awka, Park Lane GRA Onitsha and others.
FYI, what matters most to us is that the roads are in good order and motorable all year round so you can take your dualization to whatever location you wish that can't boast of half the quality of roads Anambra has.
Take a trip from Ihiala to Orlu you mentioned and you need nobody to tell you when you had crossed the boundary between both states.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 7:42am On Jun 14, 2018
Yyeske:
I guess you dualized Zik's avenue, secretariat road, Agu Awka road etc all in Awka, Park Lane GRA Onitsha and others.
FYI, what matters most to us is that the roads are in good order and motorable all year round so you can take your dualization to whatever location you wish that can't boast of half the quality of roads Anambra has.
Take a trip from Ihiala to Orlu you mentioned and you need nobody to tell you when you had crossed the boundary between both states.

Go and die emotional twerp, you're still locked in pettiness

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 7:46am On Jun 14, 2018
DawatNama:

Go and die emotional twerp, you're still locked in pettiness
You can't even counter me with any fact, the world can see who's emotional and very petty here.
You even resorted to insults inorder to save face, I won't evoke Rule 2 on you now, try it next time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:02am On Jun 14, 2018
THIS IS ONE OF THE HOTTEST LOCATIONS IN ONITSHA RIGHT NOW!..CALL 08033762069 TO ARRANGE FOR INSPECTION AND BOOK FOR YOUR SHOP NOW!! . BE WISE AND PROACTIVE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 8:19am On Jun 14, 2018
Yyeske:
I agree with you on this, prompt response to those miscreants that had taken Nkpor as their headquarters but stop tagging the Wawa and Abakaliki people please.
It is the glaring truth that we don't want to admit to ourselves because of protecting a non-existent Igbo unity that some people want to force on us in the social media. I am a thoroughbred anambra indigene born and brought up in anambra and I do not mince words when I say that wawa and abakaliki people are the problems of anambra state! If we can succeed in removing those people from our state by whatever means, then we would have solved 95% of the law and order problems in anambra state. In terms of economics too, those people are the ones importing poverty to anambra state. Hopefully, the ban on okada and ongoing demolitions in the state will help to reduce their presence in the state. The ban on hawking should also help to chase them back to where they came from.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 11:57am On Jun 14, 2018
Ban On Okada: ASBA Assures Operators Of Loans To Switch To Other Ventures
14 JUNE 2018

The Anambra State Small Business Agency, ASBA has assured of its readiness to assist commercial motorcycle operators in Awka and Onitsha to obtain soft
loans to diversify into tricycle and mini-bus businesses to cushion the effects of the ban on Okada in the two cities from the First of next Month.

The Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of ASBA, Chief Clement Chukwuka gave this assurance while featuring in this week's edition of ABS news and Current Affairs Television program, FACE THE PRESS.

Chief Chukwuka however explained that beneficiaries of the credit facilities of ASBA, would be required to meet certain conditions which would not be stringent.

He disclosed that his agency successfully disbursed about two billion naira to Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises in the state last year, adding that ASBA, on the directive of Governor Willie Obiano is poised to disburse about four billion naira this year to interested investors.

The ASBA boss also emphasized that the ongoing urban renewal program of the state government was in the overall interests of Ndi Anambra, pointing out that Governor Obiano is a humane and responsive leader who wants the best for the people.

For details, tune to ABS Television, Awka and STARTIME at eight o'clock tonight for FACE THE PRESS.

http://www.absradiotv.com/11852-ban-on-okada-asba-assures-operators-of-loans-to-switch-to-other-ventures#.WyIEdmBrKMM.facebook.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1315) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.