Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! (3230 Views)

S3X: I Only Wanted To Be More Romantic But Ended Up Regretting / 4 Reasons Why People End Up In Protracted Relationships / I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 20, 2017
Macgreat:
Chisos

People are writing article in this thread

We musn't ignore what phiolosohpers call the ignition point...

....If it's the person, at a point, or two, we'll feel a kick inside us, He's the one, it nudges us if we try to pull off screaming inside the belly, he's the one..If that feeling is discovered, hadto prayer speak with the Lord, confirmation comes, go propose, na the order be this, to avoid story that touches the heart...cause any man that marries a bad wife will be a story teller...

Also, the devil gives " fear " which is why we must never be too trusting in our choice of partner...It will come easy, relaxed, calm, even in the midst of confusion, a conviction should come in moments of interaction like this is it !

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Macgreat(m): 11:58pm On Dec 20, 2017
Jupxter:

We musn't ignore what phiolosohpers call the ingition point...

....If it's the person, at a point, or two, we'll feel a kick inside us, He's the one, it nudges us if we try to pull off screaming inside the belly, he's the one..If that feeling is discovered, hadto prayer speak with the Lord, confirmation comes, go propose, na the order be this, to avoid story that touches the heart...cause any man that marries a bad wife will be a story teller...

Ha ha ha, true... Funny enough, they saw the signs but choice to go on.
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 20, 2017
Jupxter:

How we go organize Venza for you na, make you self go find yourself one better Opeke

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 21, 2017
Macgreat:

Ha ha ha, true... Funny enough, they saw the signs but choice to go on.

there are signs fed by the devil too,we must trust God not our senses, pray before choosing or settling with anyone.
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Macgreat(m): 12:06am On Dec 21, 2017
Jupxter:

there are signs fed by the devil too,we must trust God not our senses, pray before choosing or settling with anyone.

Everything isn't spiritual. I'm talking about attitude Sir.
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 21, 2017
Macgreat:

Everything isn't spiritual. I'm talking about attitude Sir.

Whom you marry is far more spiritual than any other thing. Those who don't believe so find out bitterly later on....
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 21, 2017
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Macgreat(m): 12:49am On Dec 21, 2017
Gungnir:

Whim you marry is far more spiritual than any other thing. Those who don't believe so find out bitterly later on....

Life is spiritual - Agreed

Are you saying one can go ahead to marry someone with a bad attitude because you felt lead smiley
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 21, 2017
biacan:
Wow nahim be say me nah Range Rover spot you go take trill me I hope you're ready count down to Benin these Christmas
ehn for u na Range rover or G wagon..no yawacheesy.
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 21, 2017
Macgreat:

Life is spiritual - Agreed

Are you saying one can go ahead to marry someone with a bad attitude because you felt lead smiley

It can never happen that you will be led to.marry someone with a bad attitude. That person will have to undergo proper teachings before even being advised to seek for a partner.

And yes, anyone who marries without consulting God, i can bet my life on it, such person is set up for failure.
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 21, 2017
pocohantas:

LOL, answer question jare.

OP, for me...I think majority of ladies marital mistakes is as a result of pressure. It is this pressure to get married that makes most of them jump on the next available man. Lots of ladies don't get married to the one they truly love, because time isn't on their side.

It is not like they don't know what to look out for. The ones that take their time looking out for these things are being shamed and reminded of menopause everyday. So, why waste time? Just drag Mr Left to the Right and work it out. [In marriage], reality hits them and they realise it isn't that easy.

You don't see married men complain unnecessarily because most men are not fixers. If the wife can't have good sex, get a side chick. If she doesn't cook well, get another side chick, if she gets fat...get a slim sidechick. With men, there is always an alternative.
Unlike women that'll stay there and nag, cry, attend crusades, regret, whine all day and say men are scum grin

If most women can take a chill pill and overcome that pressure to marry in the "perfect age range" set by society, they'll have lesser sad tales. I follow my instincts, it has never failed me smiley
GBAM !
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by biacan(f): 1:01am On Dec 21, 2017
lefulefu:
ehn for u na Range rover or G wagon..no yawacheesy.
Yes nah as the happing babe
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Jman06(m): 1:01am On Dec 21, 2017
Gungnir:

It can never happen that you will be led to.marry someone with a bad attitude. That person will have to undergo proper teachings before even being advised to seek for a partner.

And yes, anyone who marries without consulting God, i can bet my life on it, such person is set up for failure.
Not everybody consult god before getting married, yet they enjoy marital bliss!

I know many atheists who are happily married.
The issue is not about praying or fasting, one just needs to look out for compatible attitudes in one's partners before tying the knots.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 21, 2017
Jupxter:

I have heard and seen ex-harlot become a wonderful mother o
yes for maybe nollywood film cheesy
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by stacyadams: 1:09am On Dec 21, 2017
gbam...pressure to marry on time...
pocohantas:

OP, for me...I think majority of ladies marital mistakes is as a result of pressure. It is this pressure to get married that makes most of them jump on the next available man. Lots of ladies don't get married to the one they truly love, because time isn't on their side.

It is not like they don't know what to look out for. The ones that take their time looking out for these things are being shamed and reminded of menopause everyday. So, why waste time? Just drag Mr Left to the Right and work it out. [In marriage], reality hits them and they realise it isn't that easy.

You don't see married men complain unnecessarily because most men are not fixers. If the wife can't have good sex, get a side chick. If she doesn't cook well, get another side chick, if she gets fat...get a slim sidechick. With men, there is always an alternative.
Unlike women that'll stay there and nag, cry, attend crusades, regret, whine all day and say men are scum grin

If most women can take a chill pill and overcome that pressure to marry in the "perfect age range" set by society, they'll have lesser sad tales. I follow my instincts, it has never failed me smiley
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 21, 2017
Beosten:
Chasing after material things, I observed, is the only problem most women have. Any woman that wants to marry a man they are compatible with should be ready to wait for long. It seems some women were cursed from the womb chasing after money in relationships. It's the first red flag I'm always on the lookout for, I'm not rich though.

I deleted another girl just this morning. I will keep deleting them even if it means I won't get married. I wooed this one two weeks ago. She is a member of my church. She wanted to know what I do for a living and I told her I'm a job seeker. When I wooed her, she said she needs time to think about it. She called me by 10am today saying she wanted to see me so that we can talk. She knows that I have a bike. On getting to where she said I should come and meet her, I didn't find her there. When I called her, she said I should come to her house to pick her up. Once we left her house, she said her parent sent her on an errand. That errands involves going to various places in town. If one is to be boarding vehicles, one would have spent much money before returning home. We moved from one place to the other for hours. Once she was through, I returned her home. Then she told me that she wanted to tell me something. I told her to say it and she said they need certain amount of money in their house and want to borrow it from me. I told her that I already told her I don't have a job. Since that time, I don't know whether to send her curses or prayer.
opa rii ooo cheesy...i don't know weda to laugh or crycheesy....chai! Womencheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by LesbianBoy(m): 1:20am On Dec 21, 2017
Jupxter:

Nice guys have disadvantages. Instincts are good, but then prayer is much more accurate, iknow a lady ten years back that dumped engineers, doctors, contractors for a plantain seller, guess what, i see her now i smile, they have companies, a house of theirs, children, peace, no wars...when i asked her what prompted the choice she made,she confided in me she sought the face of God, and wastold that she the only man she would find peace with in marriage is the plantain seller, today the plantain seller owns chains of businesses, and has stepped up, has driven different cars, own houses, so we musn't despise the days of little beginnings, neither should we overly trust our guts, i recall, ten years back, it was the engineer dude that was top priority on her list, but God had different plan for her....So, God is the most reliable source to get information from in the choice of a life partner...any man that forces any lady into marriage will live to tell sad tales, a woman must willingly choose a man from the depth of her heart, this is how to get the best out of every woman/marriage

Which kain lie be this oga angry
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Macgreat(m): 1:32am On Dec 21, 2017
Gungnir:

Hmm
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:39am On Dec 21, 2017
It is common Nd many people ve done that especially ladies. Most times we think we know everything about our spouse but no,by the time we go into the marriage,we find out that there are a lot of things we really don't know about our partner. Listen,90% of the people that get married regret having that person ad their partner for the first one month of the union. Most people hide it Nd wouldn't want to talk about it but am telling u with experience from the research I ve made.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by boookworm: 3:29am On Dec 21, 2017
Hey! Op. Its too early to change the topic. Bristol City 2-1 Man.United
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 21, 2017
lefulefu:
yes for maybe nollywood film cheesy

Nope. I mentored one chick like that wey abort twice during her early days. Today she's happily married..Long story

It took me time and God's effort in her re-building process. She do many experiments bt i saw a good person in her. We worked on her being for some three years, today she's a good wife and mum. So never write off people brov, prositute or not, hymen or not, it's a woman that we can depend on that;'s the koko.

I know two more of such cases

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2017
pocohantas:

Great piece babe...
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 21, 2017
Here lies one of the supporting truths i was seeking

https://www.nairaland.com/3745111/single-guys-above-30-single
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 21, 2017
Sit back I have a story to tell, so I used to stay with a friend from school; before moving to my own apartment, and he was the type that plays guitar and sings song, this guy is the reason the bar for toasting women is really set high.
So he was dating this babe that went to my secondary school, and I knew her to some point as she was a nice and friendly person, anyway this guy was the type to throw rose petals around the bed and lights candles to set the mood, or playing the guitar for a babe, he really loved this babe like mad, and he had already informed her about his decision to settle down with her.

However it should be noted that my friend is no Warren Buffet, just a regular joe with a car and an apartment. He met the girl's parent and informed them about settling down with their daughter, he let the babe know that he didn't have cash for a big wedding but that they could have something reasonable rather than a small wedding.

But the family didn't seem too please, instead they pushed the girl to marry a family friend who was obviously far better in terms of financial prospect and best part lives abroad, obviously my friend stood no chance and he knew, he pleaded with the girl to think twice about it, and that she shouldn't just allow her parents make decisions for her, and this girl is 31; my mate!!, not some small kid. Alas she made her choice, I only knew of it sef when i saw her status on facebook as married and with a different surname, because when i left they were dating and some couple of months, I could see her status as married and a strange surname that's not my friend's.

My friend was hurt but he had to move on, he was like at that point there was nothing he could really do, so he just kept living his life, until the babe contacted him like months later, apologizing to him and wanting him to continue what they had, because she was not happy with the marriage, she only did it because she felt it would make her parents happy, and at that time she assumed things will sort itself out. Till now she keeps begging my friend not to ignore and other stuff I won't mention here, while we were both discussing it, I felt bad for the babe because she's a really nice and decent babe, I think she just allowed her parents to force her, because everyday she's keeping telling my friend how she regrets ending up with the guy she is with. I want to feel bad for but at age 31 you're not a kid.

And that's where my story ends, I never thought I would have someone in this position but it happens.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 21, 2017
People don’t regret their spouse they actually regret some of the choices they or their spouse made that got them into the situation

See T bills and Tiwa the things they said to each other was in the heat of the moment and he reacted on instagram she reacted on YouTube but they both hurt each other. As soon as the heat died their feelings remain the same

Wisdom is knowing the things that take you to that limit and vowing not to get angry to the point where you want to hurt them that is not the aim of love it will take time by that is your power
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by ibietela2(m): 11:00am On Dec 21, 2017
Jupxter:

This is it here : Perhaps, some of them dumped the guy that would have made a better husband just because he was not lying to them and was treating them nice so they termed him "weak man" And many times, they make the errors between 24-25 years old. Ask any woman who has such regret, they will always point back to this age gap, its the age gap for error for women...80% fall into this snare......

The nice men are weak men syndrome is what i call the excessive rationalization problem...they scrutinize and scrutinize not knowing it places an emotional toll on the man they makes him tired, angry and walks away

24 - 25 don't you think it's too narrow
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by ibietela2(m): 11:04am On Dec 21, 2017
pocohantas:

Not all marry because of pressure, some jump on the next guy because he has venza
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 21, 2017
ibietela2:

24 - 25 don't you think it's too narrow

Well, after 20 years of close reaserch, it has been learnt this is the age gap ladies make the wrong choice in a partner...Ask any married woman that'sin such situation, they'll confirm it. Just like 18-18years is the age range for us all to expriment and then take wrong turns in life, and 23-24 is the age range to find our right path back after been led astray between 18-19, i've studied this thoroughly with great attention before i reached this conclusion.
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by ibietela2(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2017
Beosten:
Chasing after material things, I observed, is the only problem most women have. Any woman that wants to marry a man they are compatible with should be ready to wait for long. It seems some women were cursed from the womb chasing after money in relationships. It's the first red flag I'm always on the lookout for, I'm not rich though.

I deleted another girl just this morning. I will keep deleting them even if it means I won't get married. I wooed this one two weeks ago. She is a member of my church. She wanted to know what I do for a living and I told her I'm a job seeker. When I wooed her, she said she needs time to think about it. She called me by 10am today saying she wanted to see me so that we can talk. She knows that I have a bike. On getting to where she said I should come and meet her, I didn't find her there. When I called her, she said I should come to her house to pick her up. Once we left her house, she said her parent sent her on an errand. That errands involves going to various places in town. If one is to be boarding vehicles, one would have spent much money before returning home. We moved from one place to the other for hours. Once she was through, I returned her home. Then she told me that she wanted to tell me something. I told her to say it and she said they need certain amount of money in their house and want to borrow it from me. I told her that I already told her I don't have a job. Since that time, I don't know whether to send her curses or prayer.

Lol
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by ibietela2(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2017
Jman06:
Not everybody consult god before getting married, yet they enjoy marital bliss!

I know many atheists who are happily married.
The issue is not about praying or fasting, one just needs to look out for compatible attitudes in one's partners before tying the knots.
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by ibietela2(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2017
Jupxter:

Well, after 20 years of close reaserch, it has been learnt this is the age gap ladies make the wrong choice in a partner...Ask any married woman that'sin such situation, they'll confirm it. Just like 18-18years is the age range for us all to expriment and then take wrong turns in life, and 23-24 is the age range to find our right path back after been led astray between 18-19, i've studied this thoroughly with great attention before i reached this conclusion.

Alright
Re: Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! by habsydiamond(m): 7:42am On Dec 23, 2017
Jupxter:

Nice guys have disadvantages. Instincts are good, but then prayer is much more accurate, iknow a lady ten years back that dumped engineers, doctors, contractors for a plantain seller, guess what, i see her now i smile, they have companies, a house of theirs, children, peace, no wars...when i asked her what prompted the choice she made,she confided in me she sought the face of God, and wastold that she the only man she would find peace with in marriage is the plantain seller, today the plantain seller owns chains of businesses, and has stepped up, has driven different cars, own houses, so we musn't despise the days of little beginnings, neither should we overly trust our guts, i recall, ten years back, it was the engineer dude that was top priority on her list, but God had different plan for her....So, God is the most reliable source to get information from in the choice of a life partner...any man that forces any lady into marriage will live to tell sad tales, a woman must willingly choose a man from the depth of her heart, this is how to get the best out of every woman/marriage
the movie go pull crowd oooo.....na ill luck dey follow the main actor......who come be boss....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Send Her Money ??? / Pastor Righteousness Please I Need Your Help On Sex Issue / Explain This In Details And Receive N20k (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.