Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,865 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends (2062 Views)

7 Wonders Of A Typical Nigerian Girl / Wonders Shall Never End, See Church Members Kissing Seriously !! / Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by nwabuking5(m): 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2010
There was a day, i went to a hospital for a blood taste. so i met a beautiful lady, without known that she's a doctor. bcoz that very day i met her she was not on duty. the truth was that d very time i sight my eyes on her, really i felt like a man and i tried to play man's game, lol but unfortunately the lady told me that she's a married woman. then she later asked what i came to do in the hospital, then told her actually i came for medical check up. so on the process of the checkup, she took my blood for genotype and blood group test. After that, she told me to came back in three days time for the result. so i went back for d result like i was told, she congratulated me, telling me that my gym is very strong, that i should be extra careful not to dig around with chicks (say i carry gum inside my ball wink . after we later conclude everything, then we became very good friends and we share phone numbers and email address and we do communicate from time to time whenever it's necessary.
So recently she invited me for a dinner again and begging to open up to me about one couple that married for 10 yrs with no child. And she told me that d couples is ready to do anything in other to have a child without any man having sexual intercourse. the doctor told me that d husband asked her to help them by looking for a handsome guy that can donate his sperm, for them to use it on his wife. brothers and sisters i was surprised to hear this kind stuff from d doctor. infact, i was upset but i later calm down my anger and asked her a question, as how possible it could be, bcoz i never heard about this kind of thing before. The doctor told me not to worry, that they knew how to handle the rest, that all they need it's for me to agreed with them. so asked the lady another question again, that i would like to see this family that requesting for this stuff. Ladies and gentlemen could you people believe that d doctor doesn't want me to land,before she said no, that d family doesn't want the person to know them, even their address where they're living, most especially the man. And according to the doctor, she said that d man is ready to pay any amount of money to get the sperm. She said that the reason why she was telling me all these thing it's bcoz she knows that am well ok.
So i told d doctor, since she refused to let me know d family that need d stuff, then i keep them hold for me to think about it. Infact i am scared, please brothers and sister's i want to know your advice concerning this issue,
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 04, 2010
This is super story,
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by nwabuking5(m): 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2010
bros no be story na real thing.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 04, 2010
I think shes the on in question, the family is them
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by nwabuking5(m): 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2010
but i knew the doctor very well, she has 2kids already.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2010
and how do you know those kids are truly hers? how do you know its not a camouflage to take your mind off her family once she pops the big question out?
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2010
It's not new.

And the doctor's right in not disclosing the family to you. It's against ethics, it's very rare for a sperm donor to know where his sperm's going to be used, or the recipient couple to know who the donor was.

Same thing goes for surrogate mothers, though in certain cases, the surrogate mother may be known to the recipient couple.

Nwabu, if you want to help a childless couple, please do so, if you don't want to, then also let the doctor know. Don't emotionally blackmail her, because she very rightly refuses to disclose personal details of the recipient family to you.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by saintneo(m): 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2010
@poster, I was nearly drawn into correcting your English; however, I felt you needed more than English Language lessons.
Siena's post is super, take a cue from it.
Siena:

It's not new.

And the doctor's right in not disclosing the family to you. It's against ethics, it's very rare for a spermatozoa donor to know where his spermatozoa's going to be used, or the recipient couple to know who the donor was.

Same thing goes for surrogate mothers, though in certain cases, the surrogate mother may be known to the recipient couple.

Nwabu, if you want to help a childless couple, please do so, if you don't want to, then also let the doctor know. Don't emotionally blackmail her, because she very rightly refuses to disclose personal details of the recipient family to you.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by nwabuking5(m): 3:37pm On Apr 04, 2010
hi siena, it's not that i don't want to help them. it's just that am scared, bcoz i don't know exactly what they want to do with my sperm. please my dear, u sounds like a doctor also. please can u tell me exactly what's going on?
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2010
If you are not too sure, or uncomfortable with it, you don't have to do it undecided
or do U have finance difficulty?
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by nwabuking5(m): 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2010
saintneo, pls we are not here to learn English. we are here to advice each other, but i really thank God u understand what i post
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by gee2(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2010
hey bro, you know anything can happen in 9ja of 2day and every1 is scared of everything but if you got the capacity and your spirit accepts then go ahead but if it isn't, don't.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by nwabuking5(m): 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2010
rokiatu, iam well ok with what i have. i don't need any financial support from anybody. i don't know why this problem comes to me.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by nwabuking5(m): 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2010
gee, i hail u bros, thanks for ua advice,
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2010
nwabuking5:

rokiatu, iam well ok with what i have. i don't need any financial support from anybody. i don't know why this problem comes to me.

Well then you don't have to go ahead with it. If you do it, it would be great especially
to the family in question, everyone one to have kids and thats understandable but
then again you are getting paid, it is not some sort of charity work that if U don't do it
you will feel guilt, This situation is clearly not force upon you, you only do it if you want to
and is comfortable in doing so.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by gee2(m): 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2010
i bet something is cooking with this issue of keeping it secret and covering everyones' eyes with a veil.
something fishy
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2010
nwabuking5:

hi siena, it's not that i don't want to help them. it's just that am scared, bcoz i don't know exactly what they want to do with my spermatozoa. please my dear, u sounds like a doctor also. please can u tell me exactly what's going on?

I'm no doctor, neither do I have a medical background.

All I understand about IVF / surrogacy, I researched from the web. From what you've posted, a childless couple wants to have a child. The lady's capable of having a child naturally, the husband's either infertile, or impotent. I'd go with infertile, and of course sperm from a healthy young male means their dream of having a child of their own may be a reality.  smiley
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 04, 2010
gee.:

i bet something is cooking with this issue of keeping it secret and covering everyones' eyes with a veil.
something fishy

It doesn't have to be.

It's not ethical to disclose a donor's personal details to a recipient family, same way the donor can't be given details of the recipients. It's just the way it is.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by maclatunji: 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2010
Dude, it is irresponsible to father a child that you will eventually have to abandon. Let the couple adopt a child at an orphanage if they need a child or let them try artificial insemination.

If you do it, you will most likely die an unhappy man. Knowing that your child is somewhere and you do not know what he/she looks like or how the child is faring in life.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2010
maclatunji:

Dude, it is irresponsible to father a child that you will eventually have to abandon. Let the couple adopt a child at an orphanage if they need a child or let them try artificial insemination.

If you do it, you will most likely die an unhappy man. Knowing that your child is somewhere and you do not know what he/she looks like or how the child is faring in life.

You're not making much sense!

When you donate spermatozoa to a childless couple, the child is not legally yours, though biologically, he / she is. There is no bond with the resultant child, as you have no idea who the recipient parents were. You talk of a donor, who's given a childless couple the gift of love, of a child they can nurture, dying an unhappy man, knowing his child is out there somewhere, blah blah blah. What about guys that get their girlfriends pregnant, yet shoot through, and never accept the child? You can't abandon a child that you've never seen, and was never legally yours to begin with.

I think you're being selective about what's morally right / acceptable, and what isn't.

Artificial insemination's IVF - it still involves a spermatozoa donor, so where do you think the spermatozoa comes from? And how will this be different from the scenario here?

When you donate spermatozoa to help a childless couple, this is the reason you're not meant to know who they are, or any details of them. The same applies to surrogate mothers. As per adoption, an adopted child did have a biological set of parents somewhere, he / she didn't just drop from the sky. Adoption's not an option for everyone either.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by bkbabe97: 6:00pm On Apr 04, 2010
@ Poster: As a medical doctor, she has a right not to disclose information on certain issues; in this case, who is gonna be inseminated with ur sperm! This is done, I think, for certain reasons i.e maybe u try to blackmail the couple in the future, u try to get the kid back in the future etc. So my advice to u, if u feel u can help a childless couple,bro, g'head and do that. No harm is intended on ur person, trust me on this!
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by DeepSoul(f): 6:18pm On Apr 04, 2010
nwabuking5:

There was a day, i went to a hospital for a blood taste. so i met a beautiful lady, without known that she's a doctor. bcoz that very day i met her she was not on duty. the truth was that d very time i sight my eyes on her, really i felt like a man and i tried to play man's game, lol but unfortunately the lady told me that she's a married woman. then she later asked what i came to do in the hospital, then told her actually i came for medical check up. so on the process of the checkup, she took my blood for genotype and blood group test. After that, she told me to came back in three days time for the result. so i went back for d result like i was told, she congratulated me, telling me that my gym is very strong, that i should be extra careful not to dig around with chicks (say i carry gum inside my ball wink

At the start fo the story, I was wondering what the hell blood taste was  grin
It took me 2 seconds to figure out u meant "test" (for d benefit of dose who hvnt figured it out)
And my broda, no be "gym", na "gene"!
<<Just aiding the understanding of ur story, hope u dont mind  wink>>

@ Story
Me I no know. Only you can make that decision for yourself.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Danja4sure(m): 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2010
@poster if u want to help them go ahead but you should be very careful cos this can be some kind of trick.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by maclatunji: 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2010
Siena:

You're not making much sense!

When you donate spermatozoa to a childless couple, the child is not legally yours, though biologically, he / she is. There is no bond with the resultant child, as you have no idea who the recipient parents were. You talk of a donor, who's given a childless couple the gift of love, of a child they can nurture, dying an unhappy man, knowing his child is out there somewhere, blah blah blah. What about guys that get their girlfriends pregnant, yet shoot through, and never accept the child? You can't abandon a child that you've never seen, and was never legally yours to begin with.

I think you're being selective about what's morally right / acceptable, and what isn't.

Artificial insemination's IVF - it still involves a spermatozoa donor, so where do you think the spermatozoa comes from? And how will this be different from the scenario here?

When you donate spermatozoa to help a childless couple, this is the reason you're not meant to know who they are, or any details of them. The same applies to surrogate mothers. As per adoption, an adopted child did have a biological set of parents somewhere, he / she didn't just drop from the sky. Adoption's not an option for everyone either.

When I said artificial insemination, I meant using the sperm of the man who is the husband of the woman (in the couple involved). And I am making perfect sense. When does your biological child stop being one's child? I fear for this kind of pseudo-liberalism.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Iwant2know: 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2010
The most common thing in the society of ours and even everywhere in the world is the issue of donating blood,hardly you see a medical organisation demanding people to donate their spam,it is medically disgusting and sounds improper.If the man think is not capable of impregnating a woman ,he should go to a motherless baby to have one .I think the story is still similar paying to get a spam .Be carefull,I dont trust anybody nowadays not even the adertiser (doctor) .Your sperm can turn millions of naira for the receipient, lol
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Akainzo(m): 11:49pm On Apr 04, 2010
@Poster,

Do not be afraid, what you have been approached about is a normal thing. Normally you would have been approached to just donate your spermatozoa anonymously and be paid for it. This happens at the standard spermatozoa bank institution.

The only difference here is that the doctor knows you and has approached you personally. She definitely does not and should not reveal the identity of the couple to you. It is against the ethics of the profession.

The question to ask yourself is simple: Are you ready and wiling to donate your spermatozoa to help others. (others implies this couple or any other ones)

If your spermatozoa has been adjudged to be strong enough and free from any genetic defects, then I'd advice that you go ahead. Just think of the amount of spermatozoa that you have thrown away with CDs all this years. Imagine some being used to make some couple happy. Imagine being able to contribute to the happiness of others.

Go ahead my brother!
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 05, 2010
maclatunji:

When I said artificial insemination, I meant using the spermatozoa of the man who is the husband of the woman (in the couple involved). And I am making perfect sense. When does your biological child stop being one's child? I fear for this kind of pseudo-liberalism.

Dude, you're getting even more muddled.

If the husband was fertile, he would just get his wife pregnant in the regular way, by sleeping with his wife. In this scenario, from what the original poster has disclosed, his sperm is needed for the woman to get pregnant, which means she is perfectly capable of having a child, but her husband isn't capable of fathering one.

Do you get it now? IVF seldom exists between a husband and wife, unless the husband was fertile, but due to an accident, or impotence, he was unable to get his wife pregnant.

If you donate your sperm to give a childless couple the gift of having a child of their own, you may be the biological father, but you'll have no claim to the child, as you won't legally be the father! In the same way, if a lady puts her child up for adoption, once the adoption process is complete, and the final papers signed, the biological mother ceases to be the legal parent of the child she gave up.

I honestly can't make myself any clearer.
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by daduke2k(m): 1:32am On Apr 05, 2010
What's so important about your sperm sef? See as im dey shakara. Mscheww
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by topup: 4:43am On Apr 05, 2010
This is such a sensitive issue, I don't believe anyone here can do justice to it, though some have given valuable consideration. I think you are better off googling how others have coped with this issue, as you are definitely not the first. This is actual a real thing for many men all around the world, who donate their sperm for these purposes, and yes it must be done in confidentiality, as in all honesty, they're not wanting to bring in a 'second dad', but instead just to keep the whole thing small and probably quiet.

I can't imagine going under such a treatment, so this shows how serious the couple are about this.

Some of the issues and emotions you will undergo won't become apparent until afterwards, who knows, despite logic and reasoning, you may still feel guilt or a sense of loss.

Who knows!!
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by Nobody: 5:27am On Apr 05, 2010
@poster
men donate sperm, women donate eggs. where is the big deal?!
as long as they dont ask you to pay anything or expect to be paid then enjoy the ride and think about it as "helping a couple who cant conceive naturally".

a few days ago, some woman was asking for exactly the same thing on NL but she was asking for someone to donate eggs for her blablabla
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by jenibayo(f): 6:48am On Apr 05, 2010
Story story story STORY!!
Re: Hey! Wonders Shall Never Ends by 190: 9:04am On Apr 05, 2010
sniff*
snifff**
sniffff***
I smell a vampire in the house!

what the hell is BLOOD TASTE
Im offf away from here, i dont want to fangs being sunk into my neck!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honesty Rules! What Is Really The Fastest Way To A Guy's Heart? / 8 Tips To Deal Withyour Boyfriend’s Flirty Girl Pal / Timid Guy Needs Help Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.