Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured (17152 Views)

One dead, many injured as pavilion collapses at Buhari’s Borno campaign / Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard / Young Man Saved From Drowning In Suleja Flood Near Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by Paulagada: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
Since the creation of FCT, a Gbagye man has never for once occupied that office. It has been Hausas (core north) not even any Yoruba man or any other tribe for once. Why should the Hausas drag Gbagye traditional stool in Gbagye land? The person who turbaned the chief should be dethroned or sacked from office and made to pay for all the damage caused.
Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by Paulagada: 7:17pm On Dec 26, 2017
Nowenuse:

When she said she would marry a Hausa, she probably meant a northern christian and not necessarily a Hausa muslim. She definitely knows that southerners address her people as Hausas hence the use of that word.

A lot of northern and middlebelt minorities have no problem being addressed as Hausa by southerners, cos they know that most southerners will never know the difference no matter how they explain.

I am a middlebelter born and bred in the south, but my family has always been addressed as hausas here by all neighbors, to an extent that it has stuck and we now identify our own selves as Hausa. You can imagine? I am always against it and correct people but my parents seem very ok with it.
I suffered similar fate while undergoing compulsory NYSC. All Igbo colleagues then called me onyi hausa. Even when I explained to them that I share boundaries with ibos that I am ibo both in culture, religion and in thought except in political arrangement and it was done so to make governance easier.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by akigbemaru: 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2017
EDonHappen:
One person has been confirmed dead while many others have been left injured in a fight between the Gbagyi natives and Hausa residents in Bwari, an Abuja suburb yesterday December 25th. Many residential homes as well as business places were set ablaze during the fight.

It was gathered that the town was recently engulfed in crisis following the turbaning of a new Hausa traditional ruler known as "Sarkin Bwari" who is of a different lineage from the Gbagyi people that are traditionally known to have the title of "Esu of Bwari." The Bwari indigenes accused the FCT minister, Mohammed Bello, of imposing a non-indigene on them as a ruler.

Military officers have been drafted to the area to restore calm.

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/12/one-dead-many-injured-hausa-gbagyi-youths-clash-bwari-near-abuja/

Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by maslong(m): 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
shortgun:
gbayi people deserves whatever they get from d Fulani, most of them they claim Moslems.

NO brother, more than 80% of them are Christians. in fact out of 100 of them you will hardly find 5 that is Moslem.
Gbagyis are very, very accommodating. they treat we Igbos and other southerners like their blood brothers and sisters.
I have lived with them for about 20 years now.
The hausas are the trouble maker here.
The shops buildings burnt were owned by the gbagyis and occupied majorlly by Igbos. the hausas to me deed the burning because none hausa shop was among the shops burnt, in fact they did selective burning except the inside main market were you have almost every tribe there but majority Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by pedrilo: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
Nowenuse:

When she said she would marry a Hausa, she probably meant a northern christian and not necessarily a Hausa muslim. She definitely knows that southerners address her people as Hausas hence the use of that word.

A lot of northern and middlebelt minorities have no problem being addressed as Hausa by southerners, cos they know that most southerners will never know the difference no matter how they explain.

I am a middlebelter born and bred in the south, but my family has always been addressed as hausas here by all neighbors, to an extent that it has stuck and we now identify our own selves as Hausa. You can imagine? I am always against it and correct people but my parents seem very ok with it.
I see
Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by Guyman02: 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2017
Igbos have Eze Igbo and Yorubas are always angry and now I expect them to react to this angry
Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by wildernessVoice: 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
EDonHappen:
One person has been confirmed dead while many others have been left injured in a fight between the Gbagyi natives and Hausa residents in Bwari, an Abuja suburb yesterday December 25th. Many residential homes as well as business places were set ablaze during the fight.

It was gathered that the town was recently engulfed in crisis following the turbaning of a new Hausa traditional ruler known as "Sarkin Bwari" who is of a different lineage from the Gbagyi people that are traditionally known to have the title of "Esu of Bwari." The Bwari indigenes accused the FCT minister, Mohammed Bello, of imposing a non-indigene on them as a ruler.

Military officers have been drafted to the area to restore calm.

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/12/one-dead-many-injured-hausa-gbagyi-youths-clash-bwari-near-abuja/

This government initiated trouble. You can't eliminate people's traditional institution and expect them to be calm. All Gbagi traditional heads are known as Etsu, Nupe as Etsu , Bassa as Aguma e.t.c.. Why the sudden change of title and given the stool to a stranger. A tenant is always a tenant no matter how long your tenanacy last.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by Guyman02: 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
shortgun:
gbayi people deserves whatever they get from d Fulani, most of them they claim Moslems.

Gbagyi Muslims are the most unserious Muslims in Nigeria, they join their Christian and traditional worshippers brothers to drink burukutu and eat pork, then go to the mosque sparingly. Gbagyi and Igbos have lived together and inter-married they are very accommodating
Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by ORIGENAL(m): 12:06am On Dec 27, 2017
valdovas:

Is it true they are planning reprisal attack?
Yea! but we thank God there's improvment in security, the FCT Minister just impossed cofew 6pm to 6am the soldiers are now all over the street.
Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by eutychia: 1:22am On Dec 27, 2017
Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by mikebold(m): 7:31am On Dec 27, 2017
bwari near abuja? or bwari, Abuja?
Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by DedeNkem: 8:26am On Dec 27, 2017
Sharing a country with these parasitic murderous animals in the north was and still a mistake!!

These people know nothing but violence, it is in their dna! They contribute nothing but violence and terrorism to this zoo called Nigeria!!

We can't co-exist with these rabid animals!! They have slaughtered many Nigerians! Enough is enough!!

What pisses me off most is that yorubas are sheeple to these illiterate murderous terrorists in the north. Shame on you yorubas!! Wake up from your st*upid long slumber!!!
Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by Alwaysking: 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2017
Berlyn1:
shocked shocked shocked shocked mbok

when will there ever gon be unity among men?
See as you just open punnany shocked should I come and help
Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by titosantana(m): 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
shortgun:
Han han! How come you are this stupid?
Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by maslong(m): 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2017
Guyman02:

Gbagyi Muslims are the most unserious Muslims in Nigeria, they join their Christian and traditional worshippers brothers to drink burukutu and eat pork, then go to the mosque sparingly. Gbagyi and Igbos have lived together and inter-married they are very accommodating

Good from you bro, I am an Igbo but I love Gbagyi people they are vere, very accommodating, they treat we Igbos here like their own brothers and sister, they share with us here with what ever that makes them happy and joyful.
I can never say same with vio1ent troublesome hausas.
Re: Hausa And Gbagyi Youths Clash In Bwari Near Abuja, One Dead, Many Injured by maslong(m): 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2017
ORIGENAL:
Yea! but we thank God there's improvment in security, the FCT Minister just impossed cofew 6pm to 6am the soldiers are now all over the street.

I hope you are inside your house now.
God bless Gbagyis,
God rescued Gbagyi people from violent huasas amen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Magu: Lockdown Won’t Abort Cases Against Patience Jonathan, 4 Ex-govs, Others / Gunshots, Panic As Aregbesola’s Convoy Passed Through Osogbo / It Is Settled , The Presidential Election Will Be Declared Inconclusive.see Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.