Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,985 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level (9747 Views)

Tinubu, Aregbesola And South West Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode: My Wife Has Banned Me From Discussing Politics At Dining Table / Atiku/Obi Introduce FIFA (VAR) Analog Into Politics At 'The Candidates' (2) (3) (4)

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Jaideyone(m): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
DerideGull:

It takes one Olodo to recognize another, I must say you really have a way to be stupidity. With your level of intellect as posited in the above post, I should not be surprise if you construe a praise as an insult. Again only dumbass fool will even dream of comparing the situation of IPOB/MAASOB with Scottish and Catalonians. I suggest you engage in serious reading before exposing your ignorance in the public.
clown go back and read the post you quoted.
tell us why we should take ipob seriously when your governors and senators are still screaming one Nigeria grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Bibidear(f): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2017
Only God knows when yorubas and igbos will stop quarrelling online
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by DerideGull(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jaideyone:
clown go back and read the post you quoted.
tell us why we should take ipob seriously when your governors and senators are still screaming one Nigeria grin

You are really pouching above your intellectual class on this discourse. What a dumbass clown. Do you realize that Scotland exists as and still regarded as independent country? Scotland fields a team in the World Cup and federation Cup just to mention a few. Does Biafra even exist as anything? I must say that most Nigerians are idiotically drunk.

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by joeyfire(m): 4:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
SouthEastFacts:
I am still enjoying my Christmas, I don't have time for long article.

I stumbled upon the quoted this morning, so this short piece is an unedited response to that. When time permits, I shall run a full analysis.

The problem with some Yorubas is nothing but Shallowness. To them Nigeria started in 1999, fourth republic. But if you ask them where SW was before the fourth republic most of them will open their mouth staring at you.

Pre Republican era
First and only Governor General (Nnamdi Azikiwe)
First Speaker (Jaja Nwachukwu, Present day, Abia)
First President of the Senate (Nnamdi Azikiwe)

First Republic
First President (Nnamdi Azikiwe)
First President of the Senate (Nwafor Orizu)
First Acting President (Nwafor Orizu)
First Foreign Minister (Jaja Nwachukwu)
First GOC, NA (Aguiyi Ironsi)

Military Era
First Military Head of State (Aguiyi Ironsi)

Second Republic
First Vice President (Alex Ekwueme)
First Speaker (Ume Ezeoke)

Third Republic
We already know what happened here.

Abiola a wealthy Yoruba Muslim ran for President on the platform of SDP. He won a decisive victory to become the first and only Southerner to defeat a Northern overwhelming in the North.

Second republic Governors took office on January, 1993, while IBB postponed the Presidential election to June 12. Which he eventually won decisively.

According to New York Times (1993) "Many Yoruba have long resented the domination of Nigeria's political life by the mostly northern Hausa-Falani ethnic group, and were ecstatic when one of their own, Mr. Abiola, appeared to have won the recent balloting," but 11 days later, he annulled the election.

11 days again, on July 4, 1993, General Babangida took Chief Abiola and family into confidence. He told them point blank, 'they' (North) will kill you (MKO) rather than allow you to become the elected President,
Commander-in-Chief of Nigeria'.
https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/53716/1/the-secret-behind-the-annulment-of-june-12-amp-wha.html

In 1994, he declared himself President and was imprisoned for 4 years in solitary confinement.

On the day was due to be released, on the 7th July 1998, he died of natural cause after agreeing to renounce his mandate upon learning that the world has abandoned him, telling him they won't recognize a 5 year old election.

The government of Ernest Shonekan that took over from IBB was dismantled within 3 months by the same power that doesn't want Abiola as President. Failing to consolidate his power within 3 months, his government was dismantled with just 40 soldiers.

Announcing his Cabinet list, Shonekan became the First Civilian Head of State to alienate Ndi Igbo from government, giving Ndi Igbo 4 out of 31 Cabinet appointments.

Senate President (NC)
Fourth Republic (First 8 years)
First President (SW)
First Vice President (NE)
First Senate President (SE)
First Speaker (NW)

Note: In the 4th Republic, the SW was just compensated with the Presidency because of the 3rd republic debacle.

To achieve this, all parties were directed to field only SW, because in a liberalized election, Obasanjo the anointed can not win the election. So 4th Republic Presidency is NOT an achievement for the SW, because their own preferred candidate, Olu Falae was roundly defeated, and forced into political irrelevance. In essence, greater Nigeria imposed Obj on the SW.

They were allowed to that position not as a result of political clout or sophistication, but as result of benevolence of Nigerians. In 2003, Obj had to beg Atiku, his subordinate in a kneeling position to allow him complete his term.

www.dailypost.ng/2017/12/11/obasanjo-knelt-atiku-begging-second-term-idahosa/

Fourth Republic (Second administration)
President (NW)
Vice President (SS)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (SW)
Deputy Speaker (SE)
Deputy SP (SE)

Note: SW was kicked out of the House after the first tenure. They were not allowed to complete their zoned 8 years. Tambuwal took from Bankole.

Fourth Republic (third Administration)
President (SS)
Vice President (NW)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (NW)
Deputy Speaker (SE)
Deputy SP (SE)

Fourth Republic (fourth Administration)
President (NW)
VP (SW)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (NE)
Deputy SP (SE)
Deputy Speaker (SW)

Note: VP is the only achievement of SW in the fourth Republic, a position they got by the benevolence and popularity of His Excellency, the President.

When they tested their political clout and sophistication at the national level outside the benevolence of Northern backed political clout, they were roundly defeated and political sophistication demystified during the tussle for the position of SP and Speaker.

The political sophistication of SE/SS got the SE the Deputy SP even though they don't truly deserve it. This means the North still prefer their age lond Political Cooperation with the East to their recent cooperation with the West, even though the East didn't help them achieve the Presidency.

Don't forget the 4th Republic is just 18 years. You don't expect all the 6 regions to produce President within that 18 years. 3 regions have done their part (SW (cool SS (4) NW (6, remaining 2 years), 3 are yet to do theirs, hence power is going to NE unfailingly through Atiku. When time comes, nobody will stop Igbo Presidency. SS will as well complete the other 4 years when time comes.

When it comes to politics at National level, SW are just crawling. They can't beat SE political records or ever catch up with them.

The SW got the Presidency and Vice Presidency out of benevolence of people. The same way they love free owambe in real life. The only position they truly fought for President in 3rd Republic and Speaker in fourth Republic they were both disgraced out. While they were not even allowed to test the 3rd Republic Presidency, they were not allowed to complete their 8 years for speakership. Even the Military they got was out of necessity and Obj was pressured to return power to Civilian Government where a North-East cooperation got them the Vice President for a 2 terms.

OP- you left out Admirals Ebitu Ukiwe and Allison Madueke that served as Vice Presidents to Babangida and Abacha respectively. Both men were known for always disagreeing with the corruption and wickedness of their bosses and were soon removed. Madueke in particular was known for opposing Abacha during ruling council meetings. Abacha wanted somebody that would be a good "wife" so he chose Oladipo Diya.

This is the picture of Babangida's first press conference after he overthrew the clueless Buhari regime. That is Ukiwe on the left in white

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by nku5: 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
The truth is that Hausa-Fulani hold the aces and choose between the yoruba and Igbos whom is best convenient to use at any given point in time. Hausa used Igbos from independence to the civil war, used yorubas from the civil war till 2nd republic, used Igbos till Buhari took over, etc etc. The sad thing is Igbos are tired of the game but yorubas are content with the rate race and follow-follow game with hausas.That's Nigeria for you
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Mantain(m): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
nku5:
The truth is that Hausa-Fulani hold the aces and choose between the yoruba and Igbos whom is best convenient to use at any given point in time. Hausa used Igbos from independence to the civil war, used yorubas from the civil war till 2nd republic, used Igbos till Buhari took over, etc etc. The sad thing is Igbos are tired of the game but yorubas are content with the rate race and follow-follow game with hausas.That's Nigeria for you
Why bringing the Hausas to this your issue. You said the Hausas are not developed so pls leave them alone and face the real challenge. The igbos want the seat of the president but without any strong candidates from them.. Just imagine, every region struggle

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by ManMountain(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
nku5:

Hehehehehe igbos are tired of the game and they are solidly queuing up behind atiku already, that is even yet to win the pdp primary.

Ibos rather than relocate to the east after the expiry of the quit notice were busy begging up and down the North for pardon?

You are tired of the game but some ibos are already giving conditions to buhari for their support.

Truth is that the ibos are the weakest in southern Nigeria to push for a break up

You guys know the truth but painfully you always deny the truth.

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by konoplyanka: 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2017
DerideGull:

You clowns do not even understand the intrigues of marginalization. When a quota system is skewed to stop the advantage of certain group of people, such endeavor is act of marginalization. It is shameful that the so-called sophisticates instead of Greedy Assholes still enjoy a cut-off mark way below that of the people from south-east. Most Nigerians are incompetent fools.

Are you daft? You claim to have occupied the highest offices in Nigeria, yet cry marginalization by people who are bystanders?

You have been ruling Nigeria, so how can you be marginalized or crippled by bad policies if you are at the helms of affair?

This thread will haunt ibos for life as they can no longer blame Yoruba for anything. Yorubas can't be blamed for anything wrong with Nigeria or anti ibo policies since this thread has absolved Yoruba of any blame.

Why are ibos foolish?

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by konoplyanka: 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2017
DerideGull:

You are one of the basement squatters who will develop the diarrhea of the mouth when Ndigbo mount a secession campaign. If you lots are not anemically deceptive in character and demeanor, the call for disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria should border most jackasses.

So you want to leave after destroying Nigeria together with the northerners?

Who does that?

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Ratello: 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
Nice one op
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by sarrki(m): 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ratello:
Nice one op

N you call me bigots several times

Weldone
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by ImperialYoruba: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2017
DerideGull:

It is not for me to judge you on human intellect. However the above post does not help your case. Only a domesticated miscreant does not understand the dynamic nature of politics. Nigeria has been politically motivated toward cut off mark for territory intakes. It is clearly exposed that certain loudmouthed section of the country had cut off marks way below those from south-east. If that is not act of political marginalization to you, I suggest you see a physician.

So why is your political superiority insufficient for you to install a policy of merit in the education system?

Why arr you at the receiving end of political windfalls inspite of this grandeur superiority you have over other less politically positioned regions?

Creeps!

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Ratello: 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
sarrki:

N you call me bigots several times

Weldone
You are a confirmed bigot and my advice is, always appreciate the truth when you see it this is what I do mr.
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by nku5: 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2017
Mantain:

Why bringing the Hausas to this your issue. You said the Hausas are not developed so pls leave them alone and face the real challenge. The igbos want the seat of the president but without any strong candidates from them.. Just imagine, every region struggle

I never told you or said hausas are not developed. Stop telling lies. We never asked you for President. The only time we had small interest was when Ekwueme, founder of PDP showed interest
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Ratello: 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2017
DerideGull:

You are really pouching above your intellectual class on this discourse. What a dumbass clown. Do you realize that Scotland exists as and still regarded as independent country? Scotland fields a team in the World Cup and federal Cup just to mention a few. Does Biafra even exist as anything? I must say that most Nigerians are idiotically drunk.

You are a respected figure here please desist from replying some characters here no matter the temptation it will only lead to more back and forth refilling of emptiness in them and this can wear you out. I repeat ignore such clowns.
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by nku5: 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2017
ManMountain:

Hehehehehe igbos are tired of the game and they are solidly queuing up behind atiku already, that is even yet to win the pdp primary.

Ibos rather than relocate to the east after the expiry of the quit notice were busy begging up and down the North for pardon?

You are tired of the game but some ibos are already giving conditions to buhari for their support.

Truth is that the ibos are the weakest in southern Nigeria to push for a break up

You guys know the truth but painfully you always deny the truth.

We are tired of staying with you and your masters but till this shitty Nigerian experiment ends we shall play it anyhow una dey rock am.

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by sarrki(m): 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ratello:

You are a confirmed bigot and my advice is, always appreciate the truth when you see it this is what I do mr.

Hmm indeed

You are a PDP online stalwart

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jaideyone:
you see you are still pointing fingers grin

you don't even know there was no coup in 1965 but you want to argue.

the first coup was January 1966 and the second was July 1966.

so how did an awolowo that was in prison since 1963 become responsible for a coup by the military when he wasn't even a military man? it's foolish to just swallow people's opinion without question. if I start bringing out what the same northers (including balarabe musa) have said about ibos I hope you will accept them as the truth? grin

now more on why Awo was jailed. Awo was in the opposition with akintola initially with Awo having more influence in Action Group even though akintola was the premiere. Awo made a move to remove akintola as the premier. the party voted for the removal of akintola but violence broke out and state of emergency was declared in the southwest. akintola was reinstated without even after the votes already removed him as premier (even azikiwe protested this move which was obviously backed by the north). Akintola's alliance with the North is the reason Awo was jailed to silence him prior to 1964 election. Awo never planned any coup.
Akintola as the premier of the southwest pioneered rigging in Nigeria!!! FFK's father (Remi Fani Kayode) said it out loud that they don't need votes to win!!! violence broke out again when the rigged results were announced (note that Awo was in prison through out the election and the violence that followed even up till the 1966 coup and counter coup).

so tell me how was Awo planning a coup in 1963? how did he execute another one in 1966 from prison when he's not even a military man?

stop swallowing lies!!!

how old are you..
yoruba sabi reverse history die.. with plenty lies..

many of us are still alive and witness it all.

first attempted coup... Banjo..1962.. was pardoned n overlooked.

second.. Awo..with his top AG group..planned in ghana with Nkrumah..

deal got bursted..others ran e was caught redhanded with lot of explosive.

please don't insult nigeria intelligence.

go to NDA..is all dia..

know your history not all this story tellers in your enclave that writ articles to please demselves..
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by deji17: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Ndi Igbo are not people that kill or sell their soul because of Presidency.

What they are asking for is equal infrastructures. If govt can't do that, then they should maintain available ones.

But how come Igbo could not get these infrastructure for themselves when they achieved all the political sophistication that you earlier listed? Are you suggesting that your leaders are too selfish, greedy and too shallow that they cannot bring development into your region?

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by ImperialYoruba: 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
konoplyanka:

Are you daft? You claim to have occupied the highest offices in Nigeria, yet cry marginalization by people who are bystanders?

You have been ruling Nigeria, so how can you be marginalized or crippled by bad policies if you are at the helms of affair?

This thread will haunt ibos for life as they can no longer blame Yoruba for anything. Yorubas can't be blamed for anything wrong with Nigeria or anti ibo policies since this thread has absolved Yoruba of any blame.

Why are ibos foolish?

I tire for these people. After they inhale snuff their vision is blinded.

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by ManMountain(m): 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
nku5:

We are tired of staying with you and your masters but till this shitty Nigerian experiment ends we shall play it anyhow una dey rock am.

Mention the *WE*

If you are tired, pick a gun and fight against the NA or vote secession friendly politicians.

Don't just keep ranting like ranters here.

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by ManMountain(m): 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ratello:

You are a respected figure here please desist from replying some characters here no matter the temptation it will only lead to more back and forth refilling of emptiness in them and this can wear you out. I repeat ignore such clowns.

Taaaaaaaa!!! Mechionu diaaaa!!

Who dashed Dede respected figure status? grin grin

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Gotze1: 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
Alariiwo:

Most of them are still pained that Zik didn't emerge Premier in the West..

Their plans of enslaving the Yorubas failed. Now it's SS people they want to enslave.

I just don't understand why igbos keep eyeing South West. Do they plan to kill all the Yorubas and take over the lands or what?
When people still go to war. We will see how long they survive attempting that.
Who their pains epp, do we care about that?
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by nku5: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
ManMountain:

Mention the *WE*

If you are tired, pick a gun and fight against the NA or vote secession friendly politicians.

Don't just keep ranting like ranters here.

You are asking me to explain "we". Now I know you are just arguing to cover shame. yorubas have been at the forefront of attacking MASSOB, IPOB and every Igbo group that has tried to renegotiate Nigeria since 1999. Abeg waka with your operation wetie politics
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by ManMountain(m): 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
maestroferddi:
[s]You know you are talking nonsense and doing a poor job at revisionism...

Ironsi promulgated Decree 3 to nip the cankerworm of tribalism and ethnocentrism, twin evils that were responsible for stultifying national growth and integration in the early days of Nigeria nationhood.

If there is anything, Ironsi should be praised for being prophetic.

You may as well ask yourself whether restoration of the federalist status quo has in way been beneficial after over half a century of trial.[/s]..

With the benefit of hindsight, do you think Decree 34 as promulgated by that evil man call Ironsi has pushed Nigeria forward or backward with the various ethnic nationalities trying to outdo one another to lay a hold on the center at the detriment of progress?

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by ManMountain(m): 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
nku5:

[s]You are asking me to explain "we". Now I know you are just arguing to cover shame. yorubas have been at the forefront of attacking MASSOB, IPOB and every Igbo group that has tried to renegotiate Nigeria since 1999. Abeg waka with your operation wetie politic[/s]s

Utter rubbish, if you think the methods utilized by massob and ipob are you best ways to leave Nigeria, then you all are patently deluded.

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by nku5: 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
ManMountain:

Utter rubbish, if you think the methods utilized by massob and ipob are you best ways to leave Nigeria, then you all are patently deluded.

Bye mr wetie

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
Op.. Don't you know Afonjas hate truth.. truth is very very bitter no be today language.

you see their reactions.. very pathetic!

they accused you correct with truth.. they become bitter because the think you don't know..
then flood the thread to insult and revvise history..

funny is that many people are around and did witness all..
and are till reading all dia revisionists propagandists..

Are you suprise why real nigerians formed an association with igbo's in yoruba land without involving dem?
and they will stil turn n' shout that igbo's are hated all over the country.. frm people wey no dey travel..

and they know say na dem.. everyone hate..na why wen you see dem outside yoruba land.. the turn deaf n dumb..all dia gra gra n mouth running go just disappear.. you go just start to wonder..
so dey try to turn it out on the igbo's with steady propaganda that igbo's are hated with hope it sticks..
but years and years.. this has refused to stick.. now is a new slogan..

check dey "igbo president "thing..
yoruba's are the same people shouting igbos can't be president.. not hausa's or middle belt or south..but same yoruba's..

just like igbo hatred, they're shouting with great hope it sticks... from awolowo.. but what's happening.

yoruba's naturally always try to Claim superior..but ignorance of this claim makes dem blind to their real place in nigeria..always day dreaming.

which city in yoruba is developed..Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun,Ekiti..more than igboland..

both infrastructural, capital development, human development..i mean in all indices..

i don't mean pictures propaganda..just name the city.. we have nairaland here from everypart of the country that will agree or counter..

Igbo's should learn how to ignore this haterz..

they don't like you..they se you as competitor's that must be vanquished. i know and understand this tribe well well.. did lot research on dem..

it always good to counter dia propaganda and lies.. it exposes dem..

personally i don't have probs with dia style or pattern.. they're wired to see igbo's as superior..na why dey hatred n' beef..

nairaland is our playground..but atimes we have to face reality.

yoruba nation must stop..
otherwise with time... they will be dey people to lead secession.
and then Karma will show..

you guy's really need to travel round nigeria..if you can behonest.

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Justiceleague1: 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

You brother made the comparison and we just responded.

that 1st zombie u quoted on page 1,LiondeyWhatever he is called,aint yoruba,hes a pure mallam,hausa. Hes one of those disgrunted hausa ppl who wud do anything for the south to remain disunited.
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by maestroferddi: 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2017
ManMountain:

With the benefit of hindsight, do you think Decree 34 as promulgated by that evil man call Ironsi has pushed Nigeria forward or backward with the various ethnic nationalities trying to outdo one another to lay a hold on the center at the detriment of progress?
Maybe when you grow up you would devote a little to learning/reading basic history of Nigeria than coming to make ignorant assertions online.

Do I have to enlighten you that Ironsi decree, which undesirable elements branded a ploy to make way Igbo domination of national politics, was suspended/abrogated by Gowon as soon as he and the counter-coupists seized power by having Ironsi assassinated.

It reeks of mindless doublespeak and irresponsibility to accuse Ironsi for the self-inflicted woes of Nigeria when those who had him murdered claimed they intervened to rectify his apparent mistake.
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by stonemasonn: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
I really enjoyed this thread.

Nairaland Yoruba vs Igbo Squabbles is always interesting.

I'm thinking of a topic that will start another fight.
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Jaideyone(m): 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
DerideGull:

You are really pouching above your intellectual class on this discourse. What a dumbass clown. Do you realize that Scotland exists as and still regarded as independent country? Scotland fields a team in the World Cup and federal Cup just to mention a few. Does Biafra even exist as anything? I must say that most Nigerians are idiotically drunk.
yes and Catalan also sends a team to the world cup grin clown.
if you want Biafra tell your senators and HORs to raise the motion. stop blaming others for your misfortunes. you won't get biafla by blaming afonja and aboki

Biafran Military Uniform Causing War On Social Media / How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast / Paris Club Refund: FG Moves To Block $418m Payments To Consultants

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99