Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level (9789 Views)

Tinubu, Aregbesola And South West Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode: My Wife Has Banned Me From Discussing Politics At Dining Table / Atiku/Obi Introduce FIFA (VAR) Analog Into Politics At 'The Candidates' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by codedslayer: 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2017
maestroferddi:
Got no time for low IQ folks...

Coming from a paid Ipig. GTFO

8 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Jaideyone(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2017
PointB:

When I read from you, the only thing I sense is your fear, which you try to mask with hypocrisy. I just shake my head and soldier on. You can continue deceiving yourself. But Nigeria is in a state of flux, all the actors are playing different cards and attributing various reasons. Smart guys know to read between the lines.
lol the fear only exists in your head
NADECO fought for democracy without insulting ibos and other ethnic nationalities. without calling for genocide. without asking Yorubas to kill any ibo pastor.
Niger delta militants fought for 13% derivation
Boko haram is an Islamic terror group that doesn't represent the interest of the north.

so tell me how does the call for kumuyi to be killed, soliciting for money for arms, threatening to behead a democratic president, ethnic slurs and calling the country a zoo the right way to achieve Biafra? are there no senators and honourables that can table the demand of the south east at the national level?

if your senators and reps won't support your Biafra then the time to put probiafrans in the NASS is 2019. that is the only way to achieve secession in a democratic setting, not buy insulting other ethnic groups and threatening to behead the president.

next time use your brain before you quote me. Yorubas are nt in the position to liberate you. hold your senators!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by shukuokukobambi: 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2017
PointB:

It's too early to claim victory in the middle of a match. Our people say, "Agbacha oso, a gua miles." After the race, we count the miles. At the present, no one has won in the Nigeria project/game, that's why there is distrust and fear among the players.

So in the end everyone does what promotes their interest.

You're the Braggarts who started claiming what you'll never attain or amount to in this zoo you once loved passionately when you had it all but now loathe when you backed the wrong horse but will start loving again if your atikulation succeeds in 2019. cheesy

It's a competition to you while to us, it's an opportunity to develop as fast as we can using the resources which Providence has cast our way

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by PointB: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

You're the Braggarts who started claiming what you'll never attain or amount to in this zoo you once loved passionately when you had it all but now loathe when you backed the wrong horse but will start loving again if your atikulation succeeds in 2019. cheesy

It's a competition to you while to us, it's an opportunity to develop as fast as we can using the resources which Providence has cast our way

Godspeed then. grin
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by superstar1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2017
Pigidiotic Osus just kill themselves with this thread.

The thread lay credence to what we have been saying all along that they are betrayers of the South and the eternal slaves of the North and the Nation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Throwback: 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2017
superstar1:
Pigidiotic Osus just kill themselves with this thread.

The thread lay credence to what we have been saying all along that they are betrayers of the South and the eternal slaves of the North and the Nation.

This thread is one of the most damning own goals ever scored in political discourse.

Igbo unraveled Igbo generational lies.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by omenkaLives(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

All praises to shuku Okuko alabuku that has finally enabled this boy to see the truth we have been drumming into their wax filled ears since. So you eternal crybabies have had this much romance with your slave masters up north all these years and you still claim marginalization? cheesy

Was the albino hunchback drunk on camel urine that he was abusing aboki all over the place? cheesy

Finally we can rest from the unending tears. I always said it's your destiny to follow aboki. You can never be free cheesy

I don bookmark this thread. Let me wait for the idiotic pig that will cry marginalization to my hearing again angry

Jaideyone, alariiwo, manmountain, Imperialyoruba, beautifulse, gotze1, totit and others who have destroyed the empty chest beating cowardly clown of an op, e ku ise jare cheesy
This thread has achieved the opposite of what the op set out to achieve. Little wonder why very few Ipods commented on it. To them, the op just bore a huge hole on the drum they beat whenever they feel like wailing. I mean, how can they now wail given all these "revelations"? cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by shukuokukobambi: 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
omenkaLives:
This thread has achieved the opposite of what the op set out to achieve. Little wonder why very few Ipods commented on it. To them, the op just bore a huge hole on the drum they beat whenever they feel like wailing. I mean, how can they now wail given all these "revelations"? cheesy

Na so witches and wizards dey take end their life journey in shame and disgrace, confessing all their crimes and evil actions, because shuku okuko alasete no dey sleep cheesy

With their mouth, dem don destroy their destiny cheesy

I dey wait for any pig and idiot wey go come cry marginalization again. But a serious question is why hasn't this dominance translated into massive infrastructural and economic development in their erosion enclave? Yet they can kill themselves just to blame hausa and yoruba? cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by omenkaLives(m): 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
Danladi7:
omo!,see replies!,yoruba and superior reasoning/logic.

cheesy

8 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2017
omenkaLives:

Nnaa, Happy Christmas... smiley

4 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by shukuokukobambi: 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2017
Jaideyone:
lol the fear only exists in your head
NADECO fought for democracy without insulting ibos and other ethnic nationalities. without calling for genocide. without asking Yorubas to kill any ibo pastor.
Niger delta militants fought for 13% derivation
Boko haram is an Islamic terror group that doesn't represent the interest of the north.

so tell me how does the call for kumuyi to be killed, soliciting for money for arms, threatening to behead a democratic president, ethnic slurs and calling the country a zoo the right way to achieve Biafra? are there no senators and honourables that can table the demand of the south east at the national level?

if your senators and reps won't support your Biafra then the time to put probiafrans in the NASS is 2019. that is the only way to achieve secession in a democratic setting, not buy insulting other ethnic groups and threatening to behead the president.

next time use your brain before you quote me. Yorubas are nt in the position to liberate you. hold your senators!!!

Too much sense in one post. I still can't wrap my head round why they're fixated on the bold cheesy

5 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by potipher7: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2017
omenkaLives:
cheesy
omenka is backkkkkkkkk

thank goodness no more boring nairaland cool

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by potipher7: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
[/s]
trash trash trash
shatap your mouth there
by the way
welcome back sir
let the party continue cool
more monikers to my arsenal cheesy
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by deji17: 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2017
@Shuku okuko alabuku grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Eboes destroyed Nigeria with their type of politics right from the 50's

When they are in power or close to the person in power they destroy everything and when they are out of power, they want to bring down the house.
Devil, Demon, Digbo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Sammy07: 4:58am On Dec 30, 2017
I can't hold my laughter, this thread just achieved it's opposite....

5 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by electricdangers: 4:30am On Dec 31, 2017
Direct from the OP:

The political sophistication of SE/SS got the SE the Deputy SP even though they don't truly deserve it. This means the North still prefer their age lond Political Cooperation with the East to their recent cooperation with the West, even though the East didn't help them achieve the Presidency.

Good one, saved for future reference.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by shukuokukobambi: 11:22am On Dec 31, 2017
electricdangers:
Direct from the OP:

The political sophistication of SE/SS got the SE the Deputy SP even though they don't truly deserve it. This means the North still prefer their age lond Political Cooperation with the East to their recent cooperation with the West, even though the East didn't help them achieve the Presidency.

Good one, saved for future reference.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

the guy confessed about their eternal marriage with buhari and his people. even a million python dances can't break it cheesy

Where is the facts boy sef? has he done like dilector too? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by oyatz(m): 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2018
Since Ndigbo has been in very important Government positions (as shown in your statistics) since pre-indepence era, they ought to have effected the necessary 'balancing' or is it 'development' of the infrastructure in the Southeast, instead of the persistent cries of marginalization we keep hearing from the southeast

SouthEastFacts:

Ndi Igbo are not people that kill or sell their soul because of Presidency.

What they are asking for is equal infrastructures. If govt can't do that, then they should maintain available ones.
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by oyatz(m): 12:07am On Jan 29, 2018
Awolowo only ruled the old Western region (the a southwest ,Edo &Delta State between 1954-1960( during the COLONIAL era, so how can be cause of tribalism in Nigeria.
Narrowing the cause of tribalism in Nigeria to only man who only ruled a segment of the country before independence and still accusing him of the same, over 30 years after his death seems very naive and mischievous.

Such kind of statements arrogate great powers to Awolowo beyond what he could possibly wield and inadvertently elevate him to the status of superhuman

SouthEastFacts:

The country was moving smoothly until Awolowo introduced tribalism and hate. It was at that point we lost it all.

Don't forget, Awolowo was the first coup plotter. Nobody understands Coup until Awolowo came. He was the only Nationalist to be convicted of Treason.
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by oyatz(m): 12:31am On Jan 29, 2018
Obviously you must be one of the semi-educated traders, dabbling into politics.

1) Awolowo (1909-1987) died in 1987, how can he still be planning coup in the 1990s?
2) By 1987, how can Awolowo ,a 78year-old civilian man be planning coup against a military government?

SouthEastFacts:

If you believe Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo and Oyo are more developed than SE, then you must be ingesting too much made in Nigeria statistics. Pick any developmental index let deal with it once.

Yes, he was conspiring with tiny Ghana to overthrow the Government of Balewa when he was arrested. Few years after his arrest, a coup led by Nzeogwu and Adewale with the purpose of installing him as PM succeeded in truncating our democracy, but the coup was halted by Ironsi and Ojukwu. The 2 highest ranking Igbo officers. The surviving govt handed power over to Ironsi, who rewarded Ojukwu for helping him stop the calamity with Governor.

In the 1990s, many years after Ojukwu released him, he shameless planned another coup against IBB but was betrayed by Jakande. Fearing the imminent Military Tribunal be committed suicide by drinking poison.

Go and research your political history.
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 29, 2018
nku5:
The truth is that Hausa-Fulani hold the aces and choose between the yoruba and Igbos whom is best convenient to use at any given point in time. Hausa used Igbos from independence to the civil war, used yorubas from the civil war till 2nd republic, used Igbos till Buhari took over, etc etc. The sad thing is Igbos are tired of the game but yorubas are content with the rate race and follow-follow game with hausas.That's Nigeria for you

Hausa-fulani hold the ace to your life only. Your comment is very silly and defeatist. Shame on you for conceeding your future to hausa-fulani abokis. Shame
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 29, 2018
SouthEastFacts:
I am still enjoying my Christmas, I don't have time for long article.

I stumbled upon the quoted this morning, so this short piece is an unedited response to that. When time permits, I shall run a full analysis.

The problem with some Yorubas is nothing but Shallowness. To them Nigeria started in 1999, fourth republic. But if you ask them where SW was before the fourth republic most of them will open their mouth staring at you.

Pre Republican era
First and only Governor General (Nnamdi Azikiwe)
First Speaker (Jaja Nwachukwu, Present day, Abia)
First President of the Senate (Nnamdi Azikiwe)

First Republic
First President (Nnamdi Azikiwe)
First President of the Senate (Nwafor Orizu)
First Acting President (Nwafor Orizu)
First Foreign Minister (Jaja Nwachukwu)
First GOC, NA (Aguiyi Ironsi)

Military Era
First Military Head of State (Aguiyi Ironsi)

Second Republic
First Vice President (Alex Ekwueme)
First Speaker (Ume Ezeoke)

Third Republic
We already know what happened here.

Abiola a wealthy Yoruba Muslim ran for President on the platform of SDP. He won a decisive victory to become the first and only Southerner to defeat a Northern overwhelming in the North.

Second republic Governors took office on January, 1993, while IBB postponed the Presidential election to June 12. Which he eventually won decisively.

According to New York Times (1993) "Many Yoruba have long resented the domination of Nigeria's political life by the mostly northern Hausa-Falani ethnic group, and were ecstatic when one of their own, Mr. Abiola, appeared to have won the recent balloting," but 11 days later, he annulled the election.

11 days again, on July 4, 1993, General Babangida took Chief Abiola and family into confidence. He told them point blank, 'they' (North) will kill you (MKO) rather than allow you to become the elected President,
Commander-in-Chief of Nigeria'.
https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/53716/1/the-secret-behind-the-annulment-of-june-12-amp-wha.html

In 1994, he declared himself President and was imprisoned for 4 years in solitary confinement.

On the day was due to be released, on the 7th July 1998, he died of natural cause after agreeing to renounce his mandate upon learning that the world has abandoned him, telling him they won't recognize a 5 year old election.

The government of Ernest Shonekan that took over from IBB was dismantled within 3 months by the same power that doesn't want Abiola as President. Failing to consolidate his power within 3 months, his government was dismantled with just 40 soldiers.

Announcing his Cabinet list, Shonekan became the First Civilian Head of State to alienate Ndi Igbo from government, giving Ndi Igbo 4 out of 31 Cabinet appointments.

Senate President (NC)
Fourth Republic (First 8 years)
First President (SW)
First Vice President (NE)
First Senate President (SE)
First Speaker (NW)

Note: In the 4th Republic, the SW was just compensated with the Presidency because of the 3rd republic debacle.

To achieve this, all parties were directed to field only SW, because in a liberalized election, Obasanjo the anointed can not win the election. So 4th Republic Presidency is NOT an achievement for the SW, because their own preferred candidate, Olu Falae was roundly defeated, and forced into political irrelevance. In essence, greater Nigeria imposed Obj on the SW.

They were allowed to that position not as a result of political clout or sophistication, but as result of benevolence of Nigerians. In 2003, Obj had to beg Atiku, his subordinate in a kneeling position to allow him complete his term.

www.dailypost.ng/2017/12/11/obasanjo-knelt-atiku-begging-second-term-idahosa/

Fourth Republic (Second administration)
President (NW)
Vice President (SS)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (SW)
Deputy Speaker (SE)
Deputy SP (SE)

Note: SW was kicked out of the House after the first tenure. They were not allowed to complete their zoned 8 years. Tambuwal took from Bankole.

Fourth Republic (third Administration)
President (SS)
Vice President (NW)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (NW)
Deputy Speaker (SE)
Deputy SP (SE)

Fourth Republic (fourth Administration)
President (NW)
VP (SW)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (NE)
Deputy SP (SE)
Deputy Speaker (SW)

Note: VP is the only achievement of SW in the fourth Republic, a position they got by the benevolence and popularity of His Excellency, the President.

When they tested their political clout and sophistication at the national level outside the benevolence of Northern backed political clout, they were roundly defeated and political sophistication demystified during the tussle for the position of SP and Speaker.

Don't forget the 4th Republic is just 18 years. You don't expect all the 6 regions to produce President within that 18 years. 3 regions have done their part (SW (cool SS (4) NW (6, remaining 2 years), 3 are yet to do theirs, hence power is going to NE unfailingly through Atiku. When time comes, nobody will stop Igbo Presidency. SS will as well complete the other 4 years when time comes.

When it comes to politics at National level, SW are just crawling. They can't beat SE political records or ever catch up with them.

The SW got the Presidency and Vice Presidency out of benevolence of people. The same way they los now ve free owambe in real life. The only position they truly fought for President in 3rd Republic and Speaker in fourth Republic they were both disgraced out. While they were not even allowed to test the 3rd Republic Presidency, they were not allowed to complete their 8 years for speakership. Even the Military they got was out of necessity and Obj was pressured to return power to Civilian Government where a North-East cooperation got them the Vice President for a 2 terms.

Saved for future ref. It is now established that the Igbos have held more powerful positions than yolibats. Yorubas can only boast of Obasanjo. And they maks so much noise.
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by Kaymercury(m): 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
apotek:

Bros. No drop the number for that thread nau..
Please edit and drop here..
0807 205 1269
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by apotek: 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kaymercury:

Thank you boss!
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by ForumNL(m): 12:01am On Sep 06, 2022
SouthEastFacts:
I am still enjoying my Christmas, I don't have time for long article.

I stumbled upon the quoted this morning, so this short piece is an unedited response to that. When time permits, I shall run a full analysis.

The problem with some Yorubas is nothing but Shallowness. To them Nigeria started in 1999, fourth republic. But if you ask them where SW was before the fourth republic most of them will open their mouth staring at you.

Pre Republican era
First and only Governor General (Nnamdi Azikiwe)
First Speaker (Jaja Nwachukwu, Present day, Abia)
First President of the Senate (Nnamdi Azikiwe)

First Republic
First President (Nnamdi Azikiwe)
First President of the Senate (Nwafor Orizu)
First Acting President (Nwafor Orizu)
First Foreign Minister (Jaja Nwachukwu)
First GOC, NA (Aguiyi Ironsi)

Military Era
First Military Head of State (Aguiyi Ironsi)

Second Republic
First Vice President (Alex Ekwueme)
First Speaker (Ume Ezeoke)

Third Republic
We already know what happened here.

Abiola a wealthy Yoruba Muslim ran for President on the platform of SDP. He won a decisive victory to become the first and only Southerner to defeat a Northern overwhelming in the North.

Second republic Governors took office on January, 1993, while IBB postponed the Presidential election to June 12. Which he eventually won decisively.

According to New York Times (1993) "Many Yoruba have long resented the domination of Nigeria's political life by the mostly northern Hausa-Falani ethnic group, and were ecstatic when one of their own, Mr. Abiola, appeared to have won the recent balloting," but 11 days later, he annulled the election.

11 days again, on July 4, 1993, General Babangida took Chief Abiola and family into confidence. He told them point blank, 'they' (North) will kill you (MKO) rather than allow you to become the elected President,
Commander-in-Chief of Nigeria'.
https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/53716/1/the-secret-behind-the-annulment-of-june-12-amp-wha.html

In 1994, he declared himself President and was imprisoned for 4 years in solitary confinement.

On the day was due to be released, on the 7th July 1998, he died of natural cause after agreeing to renounce his mandate upon learning that the world has abandoned him, telling him they won't recognize a 5 year old election.

The government of Ernest Shonekan that took over from IBB was dismantled within 3 months by the same power that doesn't want Abiola as President. Failing to consolidate his power within 3 months, his government was dismantled with just 40 soldiers.

Announcing his Cabinet list, Shonekan became the First Civilian Head of State to alienate Ndi Igbo from government, giving Ndi Igbo 4 out of 31 Cabinet appointments.

Senate President (NC)
Fourth Republic (First 8 years)
First President (SW)
First Vice President (NE)
First Senate President (SE)
First Speaker (NW)

Note: In the 4th Republic, the SW was just compensated with the Presidency because of the 3rd republic debacle.

To achieve this, all parties were directed to field only SW, because in a liberalized election, Obasanjo the anointed can not win the election. So 4th Republic Presidency is NOT an achievement for the SW, because their own preferred candidate, Olu Falae was roundly defeated, and forced into political irrelevance. In essence, greater Nigeria imposed Obj on the SW.

They were allowed to that position not as a result of political clout or sophistication, but as result of benevolence of Nigerians. In 2003, Obj had to beg Atiku, his subordinate in a kneeling position to allow him complete his term.

www.dailypost.ng/2017/12/11/obasanjo-knelt-atiku-begging-second-term-idahosa/

Fourth Republic (Second administration)
President (NW)
Vice President (SS)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (SW)
Deputy Speaker (SE)
Deputy SP (SE)

Note: SW was kicked out of the House after the first tenure. They were not allowed to complete their zoned 8 years. Tambuwal took from Bankole.

Fourth Republic (third Administration)
President (SS)
Vice President (NW)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (NW)
Deputy Speaker (SE)
Deputy SP (SE)

Fourth Republic (fourth Administration)
President (NW)
VP (SW)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (NE)
Deputy SP (SE)
Deputy Speaker (SW)

Note: VP is the only achievement of SW in the fourth Republic, a position they got by the benevolence and popularity of His Excellency, the President.

When they tested their political clout and sophistication at the national level outside the benevolence of Northern backed political clout, they were roundly defeated and political sophistication demystified during the tussle for the position of SP and Speaker.

Don't forget the 4th Republic is just 18 years. You don't expect all the 6 regions to produce President within that 18 years. 3 regions have done their part (SW (cool SS (4) NW (6, remaining 2 years), 3 are yet to do theirs, hence power is going to NE unfailingly through Atiku. When time comes, nobody will stop Igbo Presidency. SS will as well complete the other 4 years when time comes.

When it comes to politics at National level, SW are just crawling. They can't beat SE political records or ever catch up with them.

The SW got the Presidency and Vice Presidency out of benevolence of people. The same way they love free owambe in real life. The only position they truly fought for President in 3rd Republic and Speaker in fourth Republic they were both disgraced out. While they were not even allowed to test the 3rd Republic Presidency, they were not allowed to complete their 8 years for speakership. Even the Military they got was out of necessity and Obj was pressured to return power to Civilian Government where a North-East cooperation got them the Vice President for a 2 terms.

Check most of my posts, you will notice I'm OBIdent but guess what

No more
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by ForumNL(m): 12:03am On Sep 06, 2022
Yorubas are the most marginalized tribe in Nigeria

This is an evidence
Wow!
Re: South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level by ForumNL(m): 12:07am On Sep 06, 2022
Whether Muslim Muslim or Ifa-ifa ticket

I'm no longer concerned

Tinubu must win

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rescheduled Polls: INEC Begins Distribution Of Sensitive Materials In Oyo / Flood In Imo Kill 2 & Displaced 8000 / Armed Herdsmen Should Be Declared Terrorists – Itse Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.