Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,929 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? (35437 Views)

My Younger Brother Beats My Father / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by jeff1607(m): 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2017
op said he is older than her by few years, u failed your sister big time

when she was developing the habit where were you?
School doesn't stop u from putting ur home in order

you are the man of the house now, no longer a child. even brothers protect their sisters even in primary school.

now it has gone out of hand

ask her what she values more on this earth then take it from there

or

cut off her communication with the outside world for a period of time.

but remember the withdrawal stage so u got to man up and support her

better still if she has someone she is dating or inlove with, let the guy do ur job for you
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by dammytosh: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
I wish I can advise u to beat hell out of her but please dnt .

Try and see her and hear her out.

It is possible He did not beat mum. You sha know that old women are drama queen. You can even make her believe she did not touch Mum.

If it happens that she beat her or Not, let her know she is inviting incurable curse on herself and let her know u are concerned because u love her.

Let mummy believe u have gone to disgrace and beat hell out of her at her place of work and bring her home to beg ur mum.

You are the father now and u should handle things with wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by 1stestees(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2017
She probably has one of your mum's most guarded secrets.

I bet its this secret which she probably doesn't want to share with anyone that has pushed her to all those irrational vices.

What are the circumstances surrounding your dad's death?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2017
dahmie2013:
Y don't u & ur mum embark on a fasting & prayer session 4 her. Dere is nothing God cannot do, prayer changes things & people. Pls I will recommend u get dis book by Bishop David Oyedepo, "Walking in the newness of life" & "Conquering Controlling Powers". She has started beating ur mum, dis is no more a battle u can fight physically, take it 2 God, she herself will come begging.
It is well.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Ephhay(f): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2017
Communication is the solution. Op, learn to communicate with her, talk to her calmly, advice her with Love. Don't beat, she is no longer a child please. You are her elder brother try to let her know that you are going to be there for her if she wants to talk, not gra gra and beating. I am sorry she touched your mom, she actually bleeped up.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
Just reading this post is making my blood boil..

Oh boi! If my sister beat my mother.. Na 24 hours fight she and I go embark on na...

I go call her inside room, lock door and we go fight so teeeeeey fight go finish... haaaaa!!!
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Korinnesta: 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
Since U've tried some methods like beating and punishing her; I think the best thing u can do now is to pray for her and show her brotherly love... Make her free & loose around u to the extent she'll be able to tell u secret about herself, from there ull know how to enter her and make her drop her bad behaviours... Trust me, this won't stop in a day coz its a gradual process... Tell mom nt to scold her too much coz she might decide to harm her instead let her show ur sis motherly love... I pray God touches and change her bad habits
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by garriboy(m): 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2017
Normally o don't reply to such stories because they are mostly cooked up just to hit FP. If it's true though, be a man and approach her cult members, the ones wey get small sense and tell them about her attitude at home. All this street cultists are usually kids. Just talk to their Oga maturely dem go talk to her. Hope this helps.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Chinagurum1995(m): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
My dear teach her a lesson I know you through so abeg teach her a lesson ooooo OKkkkk your sister doesn't have no right to beat your mother. So stop your sister from beating your Mother because your mother is doing good for you as her daughter so I here for you OKkkk just be strong too teach your sister a lesson. undecided embarassed sad Sorry ooo Okkk. Ndo oooo. undecided
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by dimelo: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
honestly it's a tough position you're in, it could be that her several trials to get into a university that never worked out led her to depression, and I guess doing what she does now became a way for her to cope (coping mechanism) I'm not trying to commend her behaviour.
what your sister need is help, and this is something you have to take upon yourself to help her see that there's still hope. She needs you now more than ever.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Jwonder(m): 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
splenzard:
Hello Fellow Nlanders,

Compliments of the season.

As this may be the season of happiness, not everyone partakes in the joy of the festivity, I am one of those. Let me cut the chase and go straight to the point.

I'm a 400 level student of civil engineering, I've got a younger sister, I'm older than her with a couple of years although she's yet to gain admission despite the fact that she has tried severally. she decided to start working pending whenever she gains admission.

Along the line, she became a cultist and she suddenly became a heavy smoker, drinker and a drug addict (tramadol, rephnol, codine,etc).

At this point my mum (she's a single mother, my dad died a couple of years back) did she least she could do by scolding, reporting her to the leaders in the church, kinsmen and everyone whom she thought she(my sister) would listen to but all these efforts proved abortive as she deteriorated further as she graduated to bringing men to the house at odd hours of the night.

As at last week, my mum called me and was sobbing over the phone, she told me that my younger sister beat her up because she confronted her about her behavior.

right now I'm confused, in order not to act rashly, i decided to seek for advice from this noble forum.

Please guys i need your matured advice here

you and your mom should threaten her with throwing her out to the streets, this actually worked on my Junior bro, she is doing all that because she knows she will come back to the house and guys will still accept her, show her u don't care about her, openly tell her f she can't live with the rules of this house then she can go outside where she can live how she wants, beating her will only continue to harden her heart so don't beat her anymore.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by delpee(f): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
@Op
Find a way to get your sister into a drug rehabilitation centre as soon as possible. You could contact some NGOs and psychiatrists for advice and assistance. She needs to get off drugs before she can listen and understand what you're saying. Prayers with positive action does wonders. Remember that faith without works is dead.

I know a man who succeeded in deceiving his son to get him treated at the Psychiatric Hospital Yaba. Hes not even so literate but he's enlightened.

With careful planning and the support of caring people around you all will be well. May God answer your mum's prayers for her.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by SmartyPants(m): 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
Oyindidi:
Let your mother throw her out of the house.

Its as simple as that.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Wallade(m): 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
nawtyme:
Be careful not to let the advice of strangers cost you the life of your mum.
When a child raises his /her hand on a parent, it should be treated with utmost caution. You will not always be there to protect your mother and your no matter what you think, your mum still has love for her daughter.

My opinion. If it is possible take your mother out of your sister's reach. Then go ahead and do whatever you think is right.

All the best.

Quite nice advice but I will add to it, after taking your mother away just let your little sister be, ignore her but don't beat her up.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by kokomilala(m): 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
You need to exorcise that demon from her by giving her the thrashing of her life. That cultism or whatever fraternity she belongs will scurry out of her.
But, she's drawn a curse on herself.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by nawtyme: 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
Wallade:

Quite nice advice but I will add to it, after taking your mother away just let your little sister be, ignore her but don't beat her up.
I don't agree with the fact that she should be ignored. My only concern is that his vulnerable mother should be taken away from his sister.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by sisisioge: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2017
Oh my goodness! You need to get her reprimand by soldiers... There's a reprimand home in naija, I think.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by salt1: 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
mamachildren:
she is lost don't fight her don't beat her show her love more than ever tell your mum to show her love it's is hard but turn a blind eye on her issues and then talk to God he will take it from there. She will find her way back on her own because it no more your battle it's of the Lord. You will be surprised. It has worked in many families I know

Thanks for sharing this
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Bimpe29: 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
Take the bull by the horn biko. Report her to the Spiritual and Constituted Authorities.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by ehbellsho(m): 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
Reporting her to any anti-cult or sars operative may even lead to ur death if she n her group discover u did.
What i'l advice is u should "seriously" pray for her cos ur prayer is wat she needs nw.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by aamstih: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
Op, from the tone of your message I was of the assumption that you're female.

Firstly, mumsy is a widow not a single mum.

Majority of persons here would advise you beat and discipline but it is not really the solution here...

Present the matter to God and personally decide if you want to go the carrot or stick route. It is obvious she is depressed and frustrated hence the indulgence in these vices but trust me, a part of her is still that your lovely baby sister, try to talk to her in an unusual loving way, show her love, evoke the memories of your dad in conversations and ask her how she thinks daddy would feel where ever he is seeing her behave in her new found ways.

Remember, the root cause of her behavior is frustration qnd depression from not gaining admission and doing what her peers are doing academically.

Well, we still have the stick approach (sign of the cross) but the challenge here is that you've got to go to the extreme... If you don't go the full length on this option you would end up enabling her to develop future resistance... Speak with some military men, sign an agreement and agree that she shouldn't see sunlight for one month and everyday she should receive the 'blending' she had allegedly received in the bush as a cultist... If possible those guys that comes home with should also be picked and blended for some days this extra measure would ensure that when she is out from her reformation process they so called cultist would reject her and consider her a 'Jonah' in the ship.

My nephew did beat up my sister and trust me....

PM should you need further directives....

Another thing here is that at the moment she is cursed by default if she actually did beat up mumsy, you know sey e fit be small dragging with the hard gal and mumsy fit just overblow am... You know women things na...

splenzard:
Hello Fellow Nlanders,

As this may be the season of happiness, not everyone partakes in the joy of the festivity, I am one of those. Let me cut the chase and go straight to the point.

I'm a 400 level student of civil engineering, I've got a younger sister, I'm older than her with a couple of years although she's yet to gain admission despite the fact that she has tried severally. she decided to start working pending whenever she gains admission.

Along the line, she became a cultist and she suddenly became a heavy smoker, drinker and a drug addict (tramadol, rephnol, codine,etc).

At this point my mum (she's a single mother, my dad died a couple of years back) did she least she could do by scolding, reporting her to the leaders in the church, kinsmen and everyone whom she thought she(my sister) would listen to but all these efforts proved abortive as she deteriorated further as she graduated to bringing men to the house at odd hours of the night.

As at last week, my mum called me and was sobbing over the phone, she told me that my younger sister beat her up because she confronted her about her behavior.

right now I'm confused, in order not to act rashly, i decided to seek for advice from this noble forum.

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
if she is a cultist as u mentioned, Never underestimate her wildness.
Since we aren't sure of her upbringing, and the usual mother/daughter relationship, One cannot take side quickly.
That notwithstanding, she is responsible for the path she chose.

However, if all you've been doing is scolding and cursing, a gradual display of love and understanding might work
(I assumed she never felt loved for what she was as a younger girl).
If you have loved her and yet chose this path of waywardness, a chancellor might help.

If your life is being threatened, contact the appropriate quarters. I hope something positive happen to her soon.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by oodua1stson: 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
dahmie2013:
Y don't u & ur mum embark on a fasting & prayer session 4 her. Dere is nothing God cannot do, prayer changes things & people. Pls I will recommend u get dis book by Bishop David Oyedepo, "Walking in the newness of life" & "Conquering Controlling Powers". She has started beating ur mum, dis is no more a battle u can fight physically, take it 2 God, she herself will come begging.
It is well.
even the pastor who released the book has his own family problems. Stop bringing religion into everything. It actually make people think you're dumb or shallow
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Slymonster(m): 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
Come, don't let the devil use you to beat her and she dies on your hand.Something isn't right the physically for a child to hit his or her parent. Apply caution when beating her or just lock her up in the police cell till her brain reset or get some military men to do the trick for you..lol thank me later
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Skeelzknl: 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
What are you a man for?

Go back home immediately and break some bones.

Kill her if you have to.

Then go back and finish your school.[/quote]

Best advice so far . You're the man bro.

SARS is allowed too if op is a female man.. as in female soul in a man's body.
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by haykes(m): 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
Until she kill ur mum b4 u wake up? u are a dull guy
Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Ordinary9jaGuy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
splenzard:
Hello Fellow Nlanders,

I normally don't comment on nairaland but I'm pushed to do so based on what I read. I am a barrack boy n I can tell u one truth about cultist and that is they lose every witchcraft they signed up for when handled by a naval officer (I didn't say Army, police or airforce o). If u have any naval cantonment around ur area, report the case to them and probably u might be friends with a naval officer... I can guarantee u once they are done with her, she will serve the LORD for d rest of her life, FEARFULLY.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by seansifo(m): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
I feel your pain bro and here's my little contribution. As you e rightly said, beating her won't solve the problem rather it would make it worst.

You mum needs to seek God's face to know the problem as well as the solution. Anythings could be the reason for your sister's behaviour 1)maybe your mum had failed in her responsible as a mother 2) it could also be a generational curse 3) it could be an attempt from the enemy to steal your sister away

Like I said earlier, your mum need to spend quality time with the Lord for Him to reveal the problem as well as to tackle it. I pray the Lord in His infinite mercy come to your aid in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by cooltola(m): 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
May she has not cope with the death of your dad and may be acting out or looking for a way to escape reality. Please she needs counseling and try the different approach apart from beating her. Her addiction to certain drugs do not help.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? by Evidenx(m): 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
Prayer, persistent prayer will do the Job... your mother shouldn't give up she should pray holding her womb and calling ur sisters name...no child is to tough for a mother's sincere prayer night and day...

ALSO if you can take ur sister to koinonian a fellowship organised by apostle Joshua selman in Zaria or to benue state to REMNANT CHRISTIAN CENTER, WURUKUM BENUE state apostle Arome Osayi you will come and thank me later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! / Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog / Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.