Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk (76842 Views)

Why Are Some Men So Weak And Stvpid When It Comes To Women? Just See Pictures!!! / What Good Sex Does To Women - Lady Reveals On Twitter. See Reactions / What Makes A Man More Attractive To Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2017
Blackfyre:
Over one million naira at a betting promo and you think he has made it?....undecided

If you know what it truly means, you will be praying for that dude. Serious prayer for that matter....

Btw, if you know what's good for you, you will use that opportunity to cut him off. It's a blessing in disguise.

I love the last sentence, thumps up.
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by xendra: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
Edonojie007:

But From The Way Am Seeing You,your Bad Character Would Only End Your Life As Those Mamas Whom Remain Prostitutes Till Old Age,unable To Marry Anyone,cos Of Your Bad Life. Continuel...
you've not seen your life you want to see somebody else's. idiot remove the log from your ugly eyes first.
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by striktIymi: 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2017
Quite an interesting read. I don't think your ex (if I may call him so) changed after he won the money. I believe he has always been a cheat and an ungrateful lad. You just haven't caught him yet in the act until he felt he no longer needed you.

I have been involved with very good ladies and I also have had my fair share of ladies who were rather ungrateful but something I learnt quite early is never to regret any good deed I do to someone, especially when it was done out of love.

Yeah, I quite agree with you that it is very risky but I hold fast to the believe that no good deed goes unrewarded. It is always good for a gal or guy to stand by her man or him by his lady, no matter the risk.

3 Likes

Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Wristler: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
@Missali, I'm afraid, that may be the only chance for that dude at all... I mean opportunity comes only once.

If you plan to stay with him, I advise you pray better
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Palkarian: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
Kick the hell out of him. Disgrace the idiot and forget about him.
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Mariangeles(f): 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2017
zainmaxwell:
are u trying to say he made it cos u are there then he became broke cos he left u cos me ayam not understanding
What is there not to understand?
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by STILESGANG: 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
tunjilana:
Let's clear this up. If want you mean by standing by him is making sacrifices for him, helping him massively to succeed then you have a point but if you feel you deserve a medal for simply him cos he is broke and possibly still adding no value to him aside sleeping with him and still collecting out of the little he has then you are not serious, something you could be doing to five guys at same time and waiting for them to blow and lay claims. show us proofs of the sacrifices you made and the inconvenient commitments you made in a bid to help him succeed. sleeping with a man isn't standing by him.
Thank you,this is what this this foolish girls fail to understand undecided
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2017
Toks2008:

Staying with a poor or broke guy with the mindset that he should not forget you when he makes it is greatly flawed.

Stay with a guy because you want him and you want to stay with him...if you don't want him please leave him but never stay with a broke guy because you hope he will make it one day and never think you are doing a broke guy a favor by staying with him.

The hardship in Nigeria has made many ladies see dating a broke guy as an investment that should yield profits if he eventually makes it.
Words of wisdom
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2017
tunjilana:
Let's clear this up. If want you mean by standing by him is making sacrifices for him, helping him massively to succeed then you have a point but if you feel you deserve a medal for simply him cos he is broke and possibly still adding no value to him aside sleeping with him and still collecting out of the little he has then you are not serious, something you could be doing to five guys at same time and waiting for them to blow and lay claims. show us proofs of the sacrifices you made and the inconvenient commitments you made in a bid to help him succeed. sleeping with a man isn't standing by him.
nice
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Jethrolite(m): 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2017
baby124:

Speak for yourself. Don’t say the typical Nigerian. All this useless and senseless talk is what makes people abroad look on Nigerians with suspicion. You may be fraudulent and deceptive. I am not. Blame your own moral upbringing.
The typical Nigerian is fraudulent and there is nothing you will tell me to change my stand.

Every now and then you meet a Nigerian that is honest. I know how many Nairalanders I've dealt with in millions and I've never met them or even know what they look like and I know scoundrels I've also met here that were out to dupe from the very beginning.

I also know my life experiences, so there's nothing you will tell me about the typical Nigerian that only eats for today and forgets tomorrow.
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2017
sisisioge:
Whew! Na today? I think the matrix is really simple to understand. If you must date a broke guy, date the one with potential, class and good exposure. It is important he considers you a partner with these attributes as well. This is because when anyone(male/female) moves up a ladder, it is only natural for him/her to acquire things/friends/companies within the new status. Hence the reason it is important to pitch one's tent with a guy with an innate class, not the one that buys class with money.
I can imagine the tasteless dude's desire to be seen as arrived when in fact he was still in transit. Count your luck biko...a lot of husbands do that to their wives these days.
Hmmm. This actually makes a lot of sense

1 Like

Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by baby124: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2017
Jethrolite:
The typical Nigerian is fraudulent and there is nothing you will tell me to change my stand.

Every now and then you meet a Nigerian that is honest. I know how many Nairalanders I've dealt with in millions and I've never met them or even know what they look like and I know scoundrels I've also met here that were out to dupe from the very beginning.

I also know my life experiences, so there's nothing you will tell me about the typical Nigerian that only eats for today and forgets tomorrow.
You, your friends and your family are fraudulent. Not the typical Nigerians. What did this guy do that was fraudulent for you to even type that nonsense about Nigerians. Please carry your frustration elsewhere and stop trying to tarnish the Nigerian name. Fraudsters are everywhere in the world. Your statement is ridiculous. Correct yourself instead of justifying your generalization. I doubt you are Nigerian sef.

1 Like

Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2017
Missali:

Please sit her down and talk some sense into her, lest her case turns even worse.

Unless you and your boyfriend are under the age of 22yrs, what are you still doing with his selfish ass??

1 Like

Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by makydebbie(f): 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2017
frank043:

You are right!

The ultimate question is to know those that are worth the risk and those that ain't. Same applies to the female folks too.
Sure. Once you see a partner with questionable traits regarding issues like this, walk away.
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by makydebbie(f): 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2017
Jethrolite:

Bashing Nigeria? cheesy
We could do this together. lipsrsealed
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by makydebbie(f): 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2017
legendsilver:

God bless you for this sis.
Its a norm that couple A might stick together from start to end while couple B might start when the going gets sweet and still live happily. But all in all, follow your heart and allow your inner self lead you. Get someone that plans with you, dreams with you and sees you as an investment he needs to protect all his life. Also make sure you stay strong in faithfulness and build his trust in you.
God bless us all
Amen bro, and you too.

You've said it all. kiss
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by sisisioge: 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2017
BenShammer:
Hmmm. This actually makes a lot of sense

Thanks grin
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by toye440: 5:57pm On Dec 30, 2017
Missali:
One of the qualities men look out out for in a woman is the ability for her to stay true by him during trying times and a woman who cannot do that is termed a non wife material and slay Queen at best and at worst, a gold digger.
It is believed that when a woman supports her man and he comes to, in turn he will respect her and share responsibilities as he should but often times, this is not the case.

Many at times we have heard experiences from family, friends, colleagues or even gone through it.
Here's mine: I had this boyfriend that was struggling in every sense of the word. We kept on despite his financial shortcomings and I would travel a long distance to see him knowing fully well that the trip expenses and all that came with it were on me. I did not hesitate to oblige favours that I could give and ensured I went out with him during his jobs just to give that moral support.

Things seemed to be going on well until the day I was sitting with some friends and one of them asked how I was enjoying with my boyfriend. I responded with a light laugh and he asked "now that your guy has made it, what is the way forward?"

Me: Made it how?
Guy: Your guy hit over one million in that online betting promo.
Me: Yes yes, it's not easy... Such an unexpected favour at a time like this.

I pretended to be aware and happy but I wasn't myself till the end of the day. Everybody knew the good news except me.
One week, two weeks, one month passed and I got no call from my estranged boyfriend to even tell me what had happened. I refused to call too.

I heard news about how he had become the man about town, declaring free drinks for people he met at our street bars, dashing money to those who came to celebrate with him etc. Whenever someone who knew us sighted me they asked, "are you not M's girlfriend?" and I mumbled any answer that came to mind.
Months later I got a call from him begging to see Me. After many refusals, I decided we meet. He went on his knees apologising, saying he knew I was aware of all that had happened but was too ashamed to contact me. He went on about how he rented an apartment for one girl, was giving out money with reckless abandon, purchased an expensive mobile phone which he ended up selling at an abysmally low price (due to hardship) and how he was popping bottles at bars et al.

The length and breadth of the story was that the money was all gone. The business idea we had brainstormed he made no use of the money to invest. All his friends and girlfriends had left him for good and he felt lonely, he remembered the one who stood by him sincerely.

At the moment he had not a penny, with an empty stomach and looking for a way to get a small job. I could tell he was miserable from his looks alone. If only he had the right company who would have advised him at such a critical time, he'd never have had to go hungry again. I took him to a restaurant and we had a nice meal. He called me a good girl, a loving friend, a confidant blah blah blah.

Ladies, they will come at you with twisted words tell you they want a good woman, a patient woman, a supportive woman etc. Some will even tell you that they can never respect a woman who does not struggle with them. Do not fall for it. Most times, what they want is someone to take their excesses while they move on to cast their net elsewhere. For tens of stories about men who stick by their women when the going got smooth, there are hundreds of untold stories about men who looked the other way.

Playing the supportive role is the case of it may work and it may not. It is not stated anywhere that after standing by him and he leaves for another woman, he will be mobbed. You will simply be remembered as 'the one who once was', that's all.

It is a case of driving into a place with the words "cars parked at owner's risk." Nobody will tell you not to park your car but you hold yourself liable should anything happen to it. Hence, stand by your man at owner's risk.

Who get head no get cap. I wish u r from my extract ( Yoruba) I for just kidnap u go alter this 2018. Men like me r praying earnestly for angels like u, that olori bu happens or gets to hit d jackpot. I wish I can hv u.

1 Like

Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by poseidon12: 5:59pm On Dec 30, 2017
Sad story. It's clear from the story that you are a good person. I'm glad you also pointed out that there are some good men too. We are all different. It's unfortunate you fell into the hands of a selfish fool.
I hope you don't take it out on the next Innocent guy.
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by banre(m): 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2017
K
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by zainmaxwell(m): 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2017
mechanics:
I feel you bro.
bro na d fact be dat

1 Like

Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by zainmaxwell(m): 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2017
mechanics:
you mean paying back abi
yes na u don't expect me to treat u well when you are up to no good as d girl if she sure say na she be d original one or maybe she self na side chic

1 Like

Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by zainmaxwell(m): 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2017
Mariangeles:
What is there not to understand?
her wordings na as u can see she said the money finished he come back dey beg her which means na she be d guy luck na wetin she mean be dat
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Mariangeles(f): 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2017
zainmaxwell:
her wordings na as u can see she said the money finished he come back dey beg her which means na she be d guy luck na wetin she mean be dat
No...she meant the guy was not faithful when he had something.
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by frank043(m): 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
makydebbie:
Sure. Once you see a partner with questionable traits regarding issues like this, walk away.

Exactly what a rational thinking fellow should do, but no, they will choose to tow the path of putting sentiment and emotion first and allow cloud their decision.
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by karlie4nia(m): 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2017
kepal99:
A lady drops a one sided sorry story and you see e- sympathizers everywhere...
If a guy talks about his- you hear, you were a mugu, you did not do this or that...
Theses nonsense should end in 2018

I believe u meant to say 2017.
The lady is apparently hurting real bad.. And i supoose opened this thread hoping to get some " make me feel better" comments...i guess she got some..i only hope she can be sincere enough to probe herself and depend more on herself for solacae than resorting to all these labyrinth of conjectures that mostly amounts to nix.
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by zainmaxwell(m): 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2017
Mariangeles:
No...she meant the guy was not faithful when he had something.
I no ask her if maybe just maybe the op was faithful to the guy. if so why d guy no dey with her maybe she na side chic to the guy dats just d fact
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by remsonik(f): 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2017
Babe please forget about this guy. He's not wise, how would a man make money from betting which is wrong and not even investing in something wise and value adding. Look for someone more sensible
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by makydebbie(f): 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
frank043:

Exactly what a rational thinking fellow should do, but no, they will choose to tow the path of putting sentiment and emotion first and allow cloud their decision.
Asin! angry

And they'll be banking on emotions and other unnecessary necessities.
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Zhahovic(m): 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2017
gosh...the guys a real jerk..feel so sorry for U..must hurt like mad!..
if U were mine.... and U stood by me through thick and thin that way....no doubt..if I won such a jackpot...U should be the first to know...no.matter what...
just move on with your life..and pls cut that dude off..
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by taikonet005(m): 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hmmmm cowards everywhere. My sister you made a mistake you should have called at the first place to confirm and advice him.
Re: Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk by Bahddo(m): 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
@Missali, it's really sad what you went through. It's pathetic that people do not even value loyalty even when they like to think that they do.

Sometimes, it's a good thing when stuff like that happen before making a marriage commitment. Look at the brighter side, it could have been worse. You dodged the bullet.

You are right though, it's risky giving ANY romantic relationship your all, and it doesn't even matter if you are male or female. You could lose it all in a blink. Some times, the other person never ever comes to admit their wrong. Sometimes, it's like Karma is blind.

To take the risk or not? Ultimately it's up to each individual.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

“Wow, I Can Finally Have Sex” — Lady After Wedding Her Partner (Photo) / I Set My Boyfriend Ablaze After Forced Sex – 17-yrs Prospective Law Student (pic / Lady Forces Her Boyfriend's Side Chick To Wash Blankets After Catching Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.