Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 (36932 Views)

Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / Leah Olusiyi Solomon Knelt And Cried Before President Buhari In Aso Rock. Photos / Read This Before President Osinbanjo Deletes It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Ovamboland(m): 11:25pm On Dec 30, 2017
bishopkay:

Do you have sense? Tell me those who are in APC now! For your information, APC constitutes 80% if not more of former PDP goons. So tell me what changed?

Until Nigerians learn to vote for people and not a party, we'd continue being taken for a ride.

And the sense you have will make you bring Atiku. ...I laugh in Finnish

3 Likes

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by felixomor: 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2017
xlander:

At which fora did he promise to pay 5000 to unemployed youths? the 5000 promise was for poor and most vulnerable Nigerians and it was termed "conditional cash transfer ".
Implementation started with 9 pilot states, Jigawa is a recent addition
http://punchng.com/buhari-begins-n5000-payment-one-million-poor-nigerians/amp/

Are u attempting to do damage control or what?

Here is Apc even admitting they were yet to fulfil their promise

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/192720-apc-vows-to-fulfill-n5000-unemployment-package-other-campaign-promises.html/amp

And point of correction, it was 25 million youth,

Not 1 million, as u r trying to deceitfully put. undecided
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 31, 2017
progress69:
In the face of the recession Nigeria is currently coming out from, there have been several attacks on the current administration.

Here are 5 indisputable facts before the current government came into power. Recall that as at Dec 2014, oil price was still above $64/barrel.

1. 27 state governors were owing back log of salaries as at May 2015 when this government took over hence the bail out funds approved for governors. Despite this bail out funds, many refused to meet their obligations.

Buhari in ‘bailout’ meeting with governors- June 23; 2015

Why have Governors refused to pay salaries, allowances in spite of bailout funds? - Dec 30, 2015

2. Federal Government was borrowing to pay 2015 salaries.-May 6, 2015

Nigeria borrows to pay salaries with cash crunch worsening. (Vanguard)

3. Oil marketers were owed billions, led to a fuel scarcity that paralyzed Nigeria, even banks were closing before time, telecoms operators were sending texts about expected disruptions (never in Nigeria have this happened until 2015)

Nigeria fuel shortage cripples businesses, banks and flights - 25 May 2015

4. Okonjo-Iweala who many people in the opposition believe would have done better or saved the economy warned of tougher times as oil slipped low to about $76.

Brace for tougher times ahead, Okonjo-Iweala tells Nigerians -NOV 2014

5. Falling Foreign Reserves

Nigeria’s foreign reserves drop to $29.13 billion

With the above facts, every sane discerning mind will see that Nigeria was already in a mess before the change of power.

The question everyone should be asking now is where are the infrastructural developments that can justify all the money Nigeria made in the past 16 years of PDP's rule particularly in the last 7 years of PDP's rule when Nigeria made alot of money from crude oil sales?

Bros wait oo, Are u saying that Bubu n APC weren't aware of these facts before they promised us heaven on earth

grin.

U are the S.I unit of stupidity.
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 31, 2017
hypertension:
Seem like madridguy is nolomger a BMC...

Or probably he is now feeeling the recession....

I still dont know the way forward for nigeria because after next election we will have same criminals and we will continue to keep wailing..

If you put the country in a microscope, its hard to find a diagnosis.

Even sane minds cannot get it right.

But God willing, we will get there.

If u view Nigeria under a microscope, U will find the nations problem.

Quota system destroyed Nigeria, Wen Gowon was head of states, they made sure they destroyed our ""MERIT SYSTEM"" and replaced it with quota system..... This led to a drastic fall of virtually everything in Nigeria.

Lack of knowledge also played a part.

Religion too.

Tribalism too.

That's our greatest problems.

NB - CORRUPTION isn't a big problem in Nigeria, Try not to be confused by it.
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 31, 2017
Jaideyone:
good one OP. Saudi Arabia had over 500b dollars in foreign reserve during the oil boom. Saudi was able to defend it's economy with it's foreign reserve. Nigeria refused to save during the oil boom and there was nothing w would use to defend the economy when oil started selling at $40per barrel.

the recession was unavoidable!!!

Pls define the word recession?
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 31, 2017
FOLYKAZE:

You want Buhari to perform Wonders. Is he a Magician or a kind of divine creature?

Didn't buhari promise us wonderment?

1 Like

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 31, 2017
Guestlander:
For many of Buhari's critics none of these ever happened. Even if it did, Buhari should have used the magic wand he got on inauguration day to conjure up more dollars and set everything right by now.

He promised us that he is the true definition of Wonderment grin
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by BigIyanga: 1:33am On Dec 31, 2017
Since PDP destroyed our "beautiful" country built by GMB in his first presidency, why did he appoint 80% of those PDP rogues into his cabinet and administrative positions?
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by bishopkay: 4:03am On Dec 31, 2017
Ovamboland:

And the sense you have will make you bring Atiku. ...I laugh in Finnish
My dear if the choice ever comes choosing between Atiku and Buhari, I wouldn't even think it twice. Buhari goes to the gallows.
You think I vote by sentiments? You think I'm one of those fooled by the anti corruption and integrity mantras? If Buhari was a man of integrity, then there's nothing he should be doing in APC because APC is the direct opposite of the word integrity. I have not even started on his antecedents and misguided governance.

Running a country is akin to running a business. You need dedication, experience, you need to face the truth and shelve lies because at the end truth always prevails and lies would cause a ruckus, a scandal or embarrassment. But what do we have with buhari? Lies, more lies and propaganda. I dare say give Buhari a company as big as Microsoft to manage and he'd run it aground in few years.
On the other hand look at Atiku...a man who has grown his business empire to great heights (spare me he stole money lecture; even Obasanjo who successfully put that tag on him is the biggest thief of them all) he's never shown signs of bigotry, he's experienced and not a religious extremist. He knows how to create jobs and has many CSR to his name unlike the buhari there now who doesn't even have a borehole in Duara to his credit. Then you ask me to choose between the both of them?
If you were me, who would you rather go for?

Sorry for the epistle...it was simply unavoidable to set this record
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Okeji(m): 4:32am On Dec 31, 2017
naijaboy756:
go see your psychiatrist...IT IS URGENT
U are d one who really need a psychiatrist cos is u that fail to make use of ur cerebrum to reason well. Can't u see that u are driven by hatred n tribalism? 'When fools talks, they believe those who are listening are fools too lyk them'...... hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 31, 2017
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by naijaboy756: 7:51am On Dec 31, 2017
Okeji:
U are d one who really need a psychiatrist cos is u that fail to make use of ur cerebrum to reason well. Can't u see that u are driven by hatred n tribalism? 'When fools talks, they believe those who are listening are fools too lyk them'...... hypocrites!
common get lost! yes i am driven by hatred· Every sane Nigerian will hate hardship,deceit,propaganda, mega cluelessness, giving appointment to the dead,embarrasing the country, dangerous guel queues, sky rocketing food prices and double recession. ZOMBIE blind follower. you guys think every one is a cow
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Ovamboland(m): 7:57am On Dec 31, 2017
erico2k2:

Do you now see the reason I was asking if you was born 1983 from the list you can see Oil was never as high as in the PMB Era but IBB done much better than PMB, IM not hating jst stating facts, he (PMB) even admited he dont know how to make money!

Where you born in that era or still a baby? That was the period one of greatest pauperisation of Nigeria took place. How do you compare Buhari who spent 20 months to IBB who spent 96 months. What are the things IBB achieved in his first 20 months that Buhari could not do?

With all the SAP and belt adjustment of that era, IBB ended up with 50 bedroom mansion, private jets, billions of dollars that he could invest in Glo, DISCO, universities. That's how to make money by stealing from the people that Buhari said he doesn't know how to do.

But foolish Nigerians will hail IBB for robbing them and abuse Buhari who did not have his own jet or 20 million cows just because he was head of state.
With this attitude we make otherwise honest public servant also join the stealing bandwagon at least to avoid been shamed by Nigerians for not knowing how to make money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by naijaboy756: 8:01am On Dec 31, 2017
Ovamboland:

Where you born in that era or still a baby? That was the period one of greatest pauperisation of Nigeria took place. How do you compare Buhari who spent 20 months to IBB who spent 96 months. What are the things IBB achieved in his first 20 months that Buhari could not do?

With all the SAP and belt adjustment of that era, IBB ended up with 50 bedroom mansion, private jets, billions of dollars that he could invest in Glo, DISCO, universities. That's how to make money by stealing from the people that Buhari said he doesn't know how to do.

But foolish Nigerians will hail IBB for robbing them and abuse Buhari who did not have his own jet or 20 million cows just because he was head of state.
With this attitude we make otherwise honest public servant also join the stealing bandwagon at least to avoid been shamed by Nigerians for not knowing how to make money
separate honesty from been dull
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Ovamboland(m): 8:05am On Dec 31, 2017
erico2k2:

YOu did not answer the simple question rather chose to call me names.Look we are allowed to be silly sometimes but you my friend is taking the P*****ss.Where you dead when a group of State Governors took the then FG to court to share the Money?? or was you too poor to buy news papers then and B4 you start, waht did you own state governor do with his share of teh money?
now for your own OLODO sake waht has slashing of salary got to do with the question I asked or you lack the ability to comprehend as well?

After the States got their share of ECA, where is 52% for the FG that had the political will to save?

Oh I forgot Diezani used the money flex her boyfriends

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by chngebeginwthme: 8:06am On Dec 31, 2017
2cato:
When buhari was making promise opon promise was the op sleeping
I can see that buhari and his bmc are the dumbest of all humans.

Yes he made promise upon promise but i never remember him givng time frame or promise magic..

2 Likes

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by blank(f): 8:07am On Dec 31, 2017
@OP, if people are really honest with themselves, they will know that your Number 3 fact is not accurate.

All those things happened because the oil marketers decided to withhold fuel in a bid to push the govt's hand. If you remember, electricity was also zero until the day PMB was sworn in and then automatically, the switch was turned on.
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by chngebeginwthme: 8:07am On Dec 31, 2017
FOLYKAZE:

Buhari has been working and is working on his promises. I mean the one he made by himself and not one you concorted from your blocked head.

Buhari personally made three promises. He promised to work on Revamping the Economy, Fighting corruption and Improving security. These are the three promises he made and he is on track

Bless you jare..

1 Like

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Ovamboland(m): 8:08am On Dec 31, 2017
misgab:
don't mind them, they are as stupid as they come. APC preached CHANGE the fact is they have failed.
Retrospect:
1. How much did Obasanjo meet in the foreign reserve and how much was left when he left government.
2. Was Nigeria in debt when he left?
3. Abubarka then military president increased Salaries to 10k then powers shouted is too much he reduced it back to 5k. When OBJ took over how much was he paying civil servants.
4. How many public servants became car owners under OBJ and house owners?
5. Laudable programs like GSM, NHIS, NHF, PENCOM, CIVIL DEFENCE etc were established under that same government.Note: Nigerian government is owing pencom to the tune of N5tri.

Lesson: You can inherit mess but what you do with it is what matters. Trust Nigerians we don't associate with failures but success. The more you keep on fishing for excuses on the failure of APC and PMB the more the disdain Nigerians will be having for them.
Note: By Nigerians we mean the enlightened and open minded people that the daft yes sir types.(carrygo no shaking)

Get sense small now, did OBj complete all the programs within two years? Did he pay off the debt in his first term? The banking consolidation was in his second term

2 Likes

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by chngebeginwthme: 8:15am On Dec 31, 2017
naijaboy756:
Thread for the recipients of N30K allawi. oya tell us about the 1984 recession. Buhari holds a record with the Guiness book of records. The only human in human history to,have led an economy into recession twice even without a WAEC cert

Wow dead brain pids will always try to jump boat, According to the write ups back with evidence Nigeria has been in recession since 2014 please who is the President then?

Who brought recession in 2008? Buhari right? Saudi Arabia, Russia, Canada, Brazil, Venezuela etc were also hit by the recession guess buhari brought recession to those countries too.. Your brain is leaking..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by xlander(m): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2017
felixomor:

[s]Are u attempting to do damage control or what?

Here is Apc even admitting they were yet to fulfil their promise
[/s]
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/192720-apc-vows-to-fulfill-n5000-unemployment-package-other-campaign-promises.html/amp

And point of correction, it was 25 million youth,

Not 1 million, as u r trying to deceitfully put. undecided
I don't need premium times to explain to me what I witness, Osinbajo explained the CCT thing severally during the campaign leading to the elections.
The scheme for unemployed youths is Npower which is being implemented.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by naijaboy756: 8:28am On Dec 31, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

Yes he made promise upon promise but i never remember him givng time frame or promise magic..
was he expecting that he will stay long like Mugabe?
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by chngebeginwthme: 8:34am On Dec 31, 2017
naijaboy756:
was he expecting that he will stay long like Mugabe?

No, But can you tell us how many of the promises your father made to you as a child that he has fulfil..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by jinneyb(m): 8:36am On Dec 31, 2017
felixomor:
APC promised to restructure Nigeria once they enter power

Is it Jonathan that also stopped that one?
He promised to pay youths 5k monthly,
Is it Jonathan that stopped that too?

Continue the blame game.
Soon there will be no ammo to keep playing the game.

He promised the old and vulnerable 5k, not youths, he promised youths empowerment and he's doing that via Npower, and the youths that are benefiting from this will never speak ill of it.

Don't rush to judge things because of shallow understanding of the matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by naijaboy756: 8:41am On Dec 31, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

No, But can you tell us how many of the promises your father made to you as a child that he has fulfil..
dont derail. my father fulfilled his promises to me. It is not my fault your own father didnt. Maybe he thrives on lies and deceit to wash your brain like APC
Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by jinneyb(m): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
as if we dont know all these before we campaigned and waited in scorching sun to vote for buhari.

all we are asking for now is for him to atleast solve one problem

is it insecurity?
power,
fuel scarcity?

he has failed to solve a single problem since he came, he deserves nothing but to be kicked out again in 2019.

Lol...he should just jump inside government and tell the insurgents to stop in the name of the Lord abi or perform abracadabra with the existing power generating plants despite the actions of the state houses too, or hold the marketers hands and tell them to stop hoarding fuel.

SMH for Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by chngebeginwthme: 8:51am On Dec 31, 2017
naijaboy756:
dont derail. my father fulfilled his promises to me. It is not my fault your own father didnt. Maybe he thrives on lies and deceit to wash your brain like APC

hahahha if your father fulfil his promises on you, Then you won't be here wailing up and down crying of hunger and bad Government..

Show me any of the comment of the likes of Davido, Whizkid, etc wailing and crying of hunger like you..

Your Father has failed you..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by EvilMetahuman: 8:57am On Dec 31, 2017
[s]
jinneyb:

Lol...he should just jump inside government and tell the insurgents to stop in the name of the Lord abi or perform abracadabra with the existing power generating plants despite the actions of the state houses too, or hold the marketers hands and tell them to stop hoarding fuel.

SMH for Nigerians.
[/s]so fuel marketers caused shortages? your brain is 2kb.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by jinneyb(m): 9:05am On Dec 31, 2017
Saintp:

Bros, you are saying a piece of bunkum. If as a major shareholder of a dying company and i hire you to resuscitate it, will you face the board and be giving them these bulshit excuse or would you just tender your resignation before they fire you?

The bullshit you wrote is exactly why Nigeria owned companies don't survive except ones managed by foreigners because we only know how to compare failure with failure.

Look at Nigeria as a dying company before buhari came in, he claimed he knew the problems of the company and can stop the slide and make it better. We did not beg him to come and save the country, he fought to lead to country after several attempts and you stand before us to create excuses for failure to the extent of bringing up past failure to exonerate his failure?
Do you think Nigeria is all about APC and PDP, wailers and Zombies? Is that what matters to you?
If I am your HR manager, I'll sack you immediately, you will be a weak link to any team because you don't even have a mindset to succeed.
I repeat, there is no excuse for failure and it doesn't matter if the people before you have failed.

And am sorry my brother, you think there's a quick fix to all the issues been faced by a country as big as this country. Some people talk about fixes like as if it's just a unit of the family they are talking about. Need you be reminded that no matter how good your intentions are, even coupled with actions, there are always saboteurs who will never make it work because of what they stand to gain.

For every action taking to better lots and lifes, counter productive measures of unlike minds will never make it work and this baffles me as this people never take the populace at heart, they only think of themselves. A reason why we as Africans will continue to dwell in this position we've found ourselves.

A brief example, a stray dog was seen in my area by a lady which she started taking care of it. Because of her financial status and the kinda breed of dog it is, I knew she can't take care of the dog so I invited someone who keeps dogs something like a kernel service provider, only for people who because are older than her not to let the dog be adopted stating that the matter has been reported to the police only for us to later find out it wasn't. Now the dog still remains where it is with no hope for it to be taking proper care of. Now this didn't just happen, it was because this so-called elders wanted something in return.

We are and will continue to be the problem of ourselves, not any leader, but we the follower.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by jinneyb(m): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]so fuel marketers caused shortages? your brain is 2kb.

When insults come into play in a matter of intellectual discussion, I only see a representation of who am dealing with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by jinneyb(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2017
imhotep:

yes but the current admin is doing LESS THAN NOTHING and that is why things are getting worse by the hour.

Less than nothing, how

1 Like

Re: Recession: 5 Facts Before President Buhari Took Over Power In 2015 by Saintp(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2017
jinneyb:

And am sorry my brother, you think there's a quick fix to all the issues been faced by a country as big as this country. Some people talk about fixes like as if it's just a unit of the family they are talking about. Need you be reminded that no matter how good your intentions are, even coupled with actions, there are always saboteurs who will never make it work because of what they stand to gain.

For every action taking to better lots and lifes, counter productive measures of unlike minds will never make it work and this baffles me as this people never take the populace at heart, they only think of themselves. A reason why we as Africans will continue to dwell in this position we've found ourselves.

A brief example, a stray dog was seen in my area by a lady which she started taking care of it. Because of her financial status and the kinda breed of dog it is, I knew she can't take care of the dog so I invited someone who keeps dogs something like a kernel service provider, only for people who because are older than her not to let the dog be adopted stating that the matter has been reported to the police only for us to later find out it wasn't. Now the dog still remains where it is with no hope for it to be taking proper care of. Now this didn't just happen, it was because this so-called elders wanted something in return.

We are and will continue to be the problem of ourselves, not any leader, but we the follower.

Most of you quoting me did not understand the point I am trying to make. What I am saying is simple . There is no excuse for failure. I am sure the next president of Nigeria will be using buhari's failure as excuse for his own failures and the cycle continues.

Since we Nigerians accept excuses for whatever ever reason, the country will not make progress. We complained of epileptic power supply in 1999, we are still complaining of it today and with the way we keep defending politicians and accepting excuses, I am sure we will be complaining of power supply in 2050.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Timipre Sylva And Governor Wike Laughing, Shaking Each Other (Caption Photo) / Fashola Begs Dangote To Take A Picture With Him / Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.