Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend (1388 Views)

What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? / My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend / Man Marries Lady While Planning Marriage Introduction With Another One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Green222: 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
Please Candid advise needed.

On the 8th Dec. 2017, I was gisting with my Best friend (we have been friends now for 17years) about a guy I dated for 7years. We parted ways because he was a chronic womanizer and was not ready to change. I have caught him on several occasions with other women in action; I have cried myself to sleep because of his actions and in-actions. His actions affected my grades while in school. my relationship with him was well known by his family and mine. The relationship almost caused me my life during an abortion I did for him; he never abandoned me, he was with me thru the ordeal. He is a loving fellow that can do anything for me and defend me anywhere. He can go Xtra miles to please me but that does not stop him from cheating on me. The emotional trauma was becoming too heavy for me to bear, I quite the relationship.

Back to my friend. On this particular day, we decided to search the guy on Facebook, we saw him and my friend sent a friend request. He accepted the request the same day and they started chatting. He requested for her mobile number which she gave to him and they started talking on the phone. The guy requested to meet with her during Xmas as we are all from the same locality. She agreed to the request even though she knew she will be traveling home. I was still in the picture of their discussion at this stage.

On the 22nd, my friend travel to spend the Xmas with her brother's family in the West while I traveled to our Hometown in the North Central. We constantly speak on the phone and she never mentioned her communications with my Ex again. Only for her to call me yesterday that she has changed her travel plans. She has traveled back home on the request of my Ex to meet him in our hometown; they have met and he has introduced her to his family and she has done same and both families accepted them. Their wedding has been fixed for March 2018. She said she has asked my EX to call me

She called this morning to asked if my Ex had called to inform me of his intentions to marry her. I said NO. She said my Ex said he does not have the courage to talk to me.

I feel betrayed by my friend's actions. I have a lot of friends that know my Ex and I and also know me and my Girl friend.

Please I need Candid advise on her to handle this issue
Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by smulti(m): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
Na wa o..

you are just being unnecessary jealous except you had planned to go back to your vomit

4 Likes

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by igudia5(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2018
Please forget about them. Lesson to learn from your mistake by letting your friend get close to your ex.

4 Likes

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by decatalyst(m): 4:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
Is second hand vehicles or 'tokunbo' cars not meant to be bought? undecided

Park well jare

3 Likes

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
There's no lesson to learn, he is already his ex and the friend is free to mingle with him. Simple something you crying yourself out *babbish*

3 Likes

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by ArchangeLucifer: 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
Get a rope - a very strong one.

Tie it to a well.

Make sure its secured.

Wrap the noose around your neck.

Now scream "BUHARI!!!" & jump into the well.

You wont drown, I promise.

Thank me later...

...oh wait!
Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by dulaman: 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
Eyya
Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
Cut off both of them and concentrate on your marriage. Neither of them is your friend

3 Likes

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Cut off both of them and face your marriage.
Thank u
Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by bedspread: 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
Move on with ur life sister..... you hv a better man looking for you...
Note: I don't think your friend did u any harm... You should be happy you didn't end up with a cheat.....

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Olifiz(m): 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2018
decatalyst:
Is second hand vehicles or 'tokunbo' cars not meant to be bought? undecided

Park well jare

Well sha u get point. Ur friend can buy ur old bad car buy new parts n fix it up. Shikena

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by ButterFrost212(f): 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
Shuu this your friend is strong o, that means in less than a month she met him they're already getting married. Someone she knows to be a womanizer since she's your best friend. Some women are the architect of their problem, later she will start crying her husband has given her hiv.
My dear you dont have to worry yourself, if you want to be a good friend, talk to your best friend about the behaviour of your ex in case she has forgotten. It might seem like you're doing it out of spite, but talk to her the way you would talk to your sister. Then after that you can let her do whatever she wants. Wish her the best and let it go. You have done your part.

2 Likes

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Oxster(m): 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
ArchangeLucifer:
Get a rope - a very strong one.

Tie it to a well.

Make sure its secured.

Wrap the noose around your neck.

Now scream "BUHARI!!!" & jump into the well.

You wont drown, I promise.

Thank me later...

...oh wait!

Wetyn oga BUBU do u now
Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by hisgrace090: 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
Mind your business and let them be.
Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by adehadex(m): 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
U left him cuz u can't cope, are u afraid ur friend will surfer the same or U're upset case U're not getting married soon?

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Chommieblaq(f): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
Haaa!
Just tell them you don't care what they do, cut them off and concentrate on your life.

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Petonis(m): 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
Thank God for dem....shez ur girlfriend doesnt mean she shd lose out on luv or whatever they have going....everything na bizness...congrats to ur friend
Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Oyindidi(f): 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
She is not your friend. Stop calling her your best friend. Just sit back and watch karma deal with them

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by cattyfundz(m): 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
good for u sis..... ladies with their habit of talking too much... u see now??
Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by ouzo1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Oyindidi:
She is not your friend. Stop calling her your best friend. Just sit back and watch karma deal with them

U sure??

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Bibi294(f): 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
Green222:

On the 8th Dec. 2017, I was gisting with my Best friend (we have been friends now for 17years) about a guy I dated for 7years. We parted ways because he was a chronic womanizer and was not ready to change. I have caught him on several occasions with other women in action; I have cried myself to sleep because of his actions and in-actions. His actions affected my grades while in school. my relationship with him was well known by his family and mine. The relationship almost caused me my life during an abortion I did for him; he never abandoned me, he was with me thru the ordeal. He is a loving fellow that can do anything for me and defend me anywhere. He can go Xtra miles to please me but that does not stop him from cheating on me. The emotional trauma was becoming too heavy for me to bear, I quite the relationship.

Back to my friend. On this particular day, we decided to search the guy on Facebook, we saw him and my friend sent a friend request. He accepted the request the same day and they started chatting. He requested for her mobile number which she gave to him and they started talking on the phone. The guy requested to meet with her during Xmas as we are all from the same locality. She agreed to the request even though she knew she will be traveling home. I was still in the picture of their discussion at this stage.

On the 22nd, my friend travel to spend the Xmas with her brother's family in the West while I traveled to our Hometown in the North Central. We constantly speak on the phone and she never mentioned her communications with my Ex again. Only for her to call me yesterday that she has changed her travel plans. She has traveled back home on the request of my Ex to meet him in our hometown; they have met and he has introduced her to his family and she has done same and both families accepted them. Their wedding has been fixed for March 2018. She said she has asked my EX to call me

She called this morning to asked if my Ex had called to inform me of his intentions to marry her. I said NO. She said my Ex said he does not have the courage to talk to me.

I feel betrayed by my friend's actions. I have a lot of friends that know my Ex and I and also know me and my Girl friend.

Let them get married.... They're getting married in less than four month? I think the guy is under family pressure and you friend fall his prey...
Just support their marriage and move on

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by SeishinSenshi: 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2018
Oyindidi:
Hian! Why would karma deal with them? What wrong have they committed? They're both singles and are free to be with whom they choose. They even had the courage to inform her of their decision. That shows respect and is a mark of a genuine friend.
OP why are you pained? Haven't you moved on? Or are your still attached to that ex? Whatever happened is in the past. Be happy for their future. If being around them will bring memories of the past, politely withdraw from them. I see no reason for you to be bitter.

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Oyindidi(f): 12:03am On Jan 08, 2018
SeishinSenshi:

Hian! Why would karma deal with them? What wrong have they committed? They're both singles and are free to be with whom they choose. They even had the courage to inform her of their decision. That shows respect and is a mark of a genuine friend.
OP why are you pained? Haven't you moved on? Or are your still attached to that ex? Whatever happened is in the past. Be happy for their future. If being around them will bring memories of the past, politely withdraw from them. I see no reason for you to be bitter.
The op and her friend searched for him on fb, do you know if she was trying to rekindle their love? That girl is a betrayer
Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 08, 2018
Green222:

Alone you came and alone you go. There's no law that states your friend can't date your Ex, it's usually an unwritten rule that people abide by, your friend has a future for your Ex and is going forward with it, frankly you're out of the picture so it doesn't really have anything to do with you. That's the harsh reality , you will do well to move on and embrace that fact.

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by bibijay123(f): 6:58am On Jan 08, 2018
Why did you let your friend send him a friend request and why did they exchange contacts? Anyways, that lady isn't a true friend so beware of her. You may feel very terrible now but please let go and forget about them. He's a serial cheater and marriage to such a person will be hell. Face your business or school or whatever you do. Don't let them know you are sad or bothered. Smile and act pleasant if you happen to run into them. God will give you a better man. Cc Green222

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-boyfriend by Nasamy(m): 12:35am On Jan 18, 2018
Just let go and forget And wait for the result of the womanizer and the betrayal. I pray you find a man like me

(1) (Reply)

My Gf Want Me To Style / Emotional And Deep: Shola Allyson Writes A Provoking Letter To All Young Ladies / I'm in pains!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.