Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers (7492 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Mechanics Decry Low Patronage As Motorists Abandon Vehicles / US Police Officers Give Motorists N57,000 Each As Christmas Gift / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers by HAH: 9:08am On Jan 08, 2018
The only reason people carry third party insurance is to satisfy road safety and police, and I have never seen third party insurance holder get any real cover in case of accidents.
Re: 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2018
okay. smiley
Re: 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers by armadeo(m): 9:58am On Jan 08, 2018
Insurance means something happens and your risk is covered. Even the one we pay 5k for is to let police allow us pass. We know nothing for you.

We like to pretend as if we don't know.

How many can afford comprehensive insurance for their vehicles. When I can't even buy fuel.
Re: 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 08, 2018
What about the insurance companies that dont pay claim, even when you file with all the docs.
Third party insurance in nigeria is a fraud.
For over 15yrs of owning a car i have done comrehensive and 3rd party vehicle insurance, havent recieved a dime from d stealsurance people.
Re: 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers by newslifeop: 10:31am On Jan 08, 2018
Oh
Re: 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers by Dayoara: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2018
Seriously, whose fault is it.... Government or the citizens.... How can a lay man know which insurance company is genuine or not.
Re: 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers by goldfish80(m): 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
nokomafe:
Insurance coys pay claims nowadays, infact if you have a legit claim and the coy tries to play a fast one you have every right to inform naicom. It still depends on the insurance coy though, if you want to know insurance coys you can bet on lemme know i will tell. I have seen claims paid before and I have enjoyed it myself so i know what am sayin. Truth is if you have a legit 5k third party certificate you have every right to make a claim limited to third party policy and the coy will pay as required. Insurance is very good, Nigerians also have to stop encouraging those who give out fake policies just because they want to save some money or to avoid police or road safety officials.

Infact you can check for yourself if you have a legit insurance policy online using the 'askniid' website.

If you want more info on how to get legit and very sure cover on your vehicles that will guarantee prompt claims payment, you can ask call me on 07056527553

Bros, a manager in lead way told me the the 5k 3rd party insurance have no claims whatsoever. You're only entitled to any claims if you purchase the full insurance cover which is about 10% of the the valuation of your car.
Insurance in Nigeria is one hell of a gigantic fraud.
Re: 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers by herrlekan(m): 10:56am On Jan 09, 2018
goldfish80:

Bros, a manager in lead way told me the the 5k 3rd party insurance have no claims whatsoever. You're only entitled to any claims if you purchase the full insurance cover which is about 10% of the the valuation of your car.

For a branch manager of leadway assurance to tell you this it means he may be issuing third party insurance certificate without remitting the premium to the company or he may use that to scare you from reporting a claim.I work in an insurance company as a technical (operations) person and I have seen this happening with some of our branch managers. Your 5k third party insurance covers you to the tune of N1m to N2m in respect of property damage depending on the insurance company you use. While for medical expenses it is unlimited. That leadway assurance branch manager will loose his/her job if reported to their head office. If your insurance certificate is valid you have every right to lodge a claim and after the necessary documents are supplied.You're entitled to compensation and if they fail to pay your claim. You have every right to report to NIA and NAICOM, they will take it up from there.

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers by shaicollins(m): 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
goldfish80:

Good afternoon ,I am very surprise about what manager said ,I will like to know which branch manager is that .becuse I work with Lead-way.we have difference policy for cars ,we have Third party which common one,we have third party and fire and theft ,comphensive insurance ,third part plus with own damage .all of this policy as benefit and claim.call me for me for any insurance advice .thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Ways Nigerians Can Save Money On Car Repairs / Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 / Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.