Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders (1344 Views)

Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts / Killings: Buhari Tells Benue Leaders To Restrain Their People / Benue Leaders To Buhari - No Land For Cattle Colonies In Our State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by cursedAbiola(f): 12:59am On Jan 16, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday in Abuja called on the government and people of Benue State to exercise restraint following the recent attacks by herdsmen on some communities, assuring that all the perpetrators of violence in the state will be made to face the wrath of the law.

Receiving a delegation of political leaders, traditional rulers and elders of the state led by Governor Samuel Ortom at the presidential villa, Mr. Buhari said all those involved in the conflict that culminated in loss of lives would not escape justice, “including any illegally armed militia in the state”.

The president commiserated with all the victims of the attacks, and the families who lost loved ones and properties, saying that the government would make efforts to ameliorate the situation of all the victims.

Mr. Buhari said relevant agencies had been directed to start catering for the humanitarian needs, a statement by presidential spokesperson, Femi Adesina, said.

“Your Excellency, the governor, and all the leaders here, I am appealing to you to try to restrain your people. I assure you that the Police, the Department of State Security and other security agencies had been directed to ensure that all those behind the mayhem get punished.

“I ask you in the name of God to accommodate your country men. You can also be assured that I am just as worried, and concerned with the situation,’’ he said.

The president told the delegation that his administration had already begun a process of finding lasting solution to the perennial challenge of herdsmen conflict with farmers and communities around the country.

Mr. Buhari said the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, had been directed to relocate to the state to provide security for lives and properties, urging all Benue indigenes to trust the security agencies and report all suspicious cases of movements in the state.

In his remarks, the Benue State Governor said the tension would be reduced with the Federal Government’s intervention to find a lasting solution to the herdsmen attacks.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/255625-name-god-accommodate-countrymen-buhari-begs-benue-leaders.html
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by cursedAbiola(f): 1:00am On Jan 16, 2018
still in doubt why Fulani herdsmen are on rampage?

This is it

7 Likes

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by cursedAbiola(f): 1:03am On Jan 16, 2018
omenkalives see your master patting the fulani herdsmen on the back and encouraging Benue indigenes to accommodate them more for total wipe

Buhari is on top of the situation - sarrki (no arrest made so far)

Ipob are the cause of this killing - ngeneukwenu

fulani herdsmen are innocent Benue indigenes are just killing themselves and blaming fulani herdsmen - omenkalives

7 Likes

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by cursedAbiola(f): 1:04am On Jan 16, 2018
such a president that is supposed to protect his people
at this juncture anybody that still supports this government is worst than bokoharam and deserves to die by firing squad

6 Likes

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by yarimo(m): 1:05am On Jan 16, 2018
I also joined president BUHARI to beg the good people of benue state to live in peace with one another , government will and must do anything possible to be on top of the situation .
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:05am On Jan 16, 2018
But south west are the accommodators. What is fulanis doing in the east?

3 Likes

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by AnodaIT(m): 1:05am On Jan 16, 2018
They are not my countrymen abeg. I'm just unfortunate to be lumped together

8 Likes

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by cursedAbiola(f): 1:06am On Jan 16, 2018
it shall never be well with anybody that still supports this blood sucking government after these
sorrows and pains shall be their portion Amen

cc
Lalasticlala Frontpage

4 Likes

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by yarimo(m): 1:07am On Jan 16, 2018
cursedAbiola:
such a president that is supposed to protect his people
at this juncture anybody that still supports this government is worst than bokoharam and deserves to die by firing squad

Shaaatap and I repeat Shaaatap for their . undecided thank God you are female if not . embarassed lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by cursedAbiola(f): 1:07am On Jan 16, 2018
[s]
yarimo:
I also joined president BUHARI to beg the good people of benue state to live in peace with one another , government will and must do anything possible to be on top of the situation .
[/s]
Buhari is kunu drinking terrorist

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by cursedAbiola(f): 1:08am On Jan 16, 2018
[s]
yarimo:
Shaaatap and I repeat Shaaatap for their . undecided thank God you are female if not . embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
[/s]e pain am well well
sorry i don't talk to gworo eaters
thanks

6 Likes

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by debaj10: 1:12am On Jan 16, 2018
yarimo:
u & bubu r hilarious.
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by yarimo(m): 1:20am On Jan 16, 2018
debaj10:
u & bubu r hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by debaj10: 1:23am On Jan 16, 2018
yarimo:
hi again. do you recall my question regarding your signature? I'm still waiting for your answer o.
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by yarimo(m): 1:28am On Jan 16, 2018
debaj10:

hi again.
do you recall my question regarding your signature?
I'm still waiting for your answer o.
I only answer people who are not from YABA LEFT hospital as patient
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by bolanto24(m): 1:49am On Jan 16, 2018
The docile president is begging Benue people to give the herdsmen more room for more attacks

The government just does not value the lives of Nigerians. So many deaths already from avoidable circumstances.

We just want the killings to stop and all the murderers must be brought to justice to prove to the world that we are not a shithole country.
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by awakeupcall4all(m): 1:54am On Jan 16, 2018
I am still reiterating my initial warning in the thread i created that was deleted, Benue people watch your back oooo!! IGP Ibrahim Idris will not keep you safe....He is an in law to Etsu Nupe who is a close ally of Sultan Sokoto and they are all down for this Jihad.
Cattle rustling in Zamfara which involve fulani stealing from his fellow fulani but army was sent there to quell that!
Army was sent to crush and pillage IPOB!
Army was sent to crush mambilla people for dearing to confront fulani!
But genocide in Benue Buhari sent Police led by Ibrahim Idris to protect you?? Can you smell the coffee already??
This is all planned out and you have to be vigilant and be on red alert ooo.
Now you have your president pleading for you to secede your land to accommodate your fellow country men in fulani just to complete their mission!
It is taking ages to arrest the blood thirsty fulani marauder but already about 50 people were arrest in Markurdi yesterday for suspicion and he is sending relief materials to you where you have been displaced to while your deserted land is been pillage and rampaged by fulani!
Please dont take this warning lightly ooo...And if you are in doubt; events that will follow in months to come will clear every doubt.
Peace!

3 Likes

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by debaj10: 1:58am On Jan 16, 2018
yarimo:
I only answer people who are not from YABA LEFT hospital as patient
Lol
I thought as much.
let's leave it for now, eh? wink
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 16, 2018
undecided
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by kodded(m): 2:01am On Jan 16, 2018
cursedAbiola:
it shall never be well with anybody that still supports this blood sucking government after these

cc
Lalasticlala Frontpage
may such pain visit them this year embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by cursedAbiola(f): 2:03am On Jan 16, 2018
kodded:
may such pain visit them this year embarassed
this proves that Buhari is a terrorist
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by debaj10: 2:07am On Jan 16, 2018
cursedAbiola:

cc
Lalasticlala Frontpage
madam,
you forget that thousands of workers owe the govt their jobs.
do you really expect the cooks, drivers, cleaners and PAs to wish the govt bad- thereby directly praying they lose their own jobs?!
so. how does all this wishful thinking help anything or anyone?
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by Yankee101: 2:15am On Jan 16, 2018
cursedAbiola:
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday in Abuja called on the government and people of Benue State to exercise restraint following the recent attacks by herdsmen on some communities, assuring that all the perpetrators of violence in the state will be made to face the wrath of the law.

Receiving a delegation of political leaders, traditional rulers and elders of the state led by Governor Samuel Ortom at the presidential villa, Mr. Buhari said all those involved in the conflict that culminated in loss of lives would not escape justice, “including any illegally armed militia in the state”.

The president commiserated with all the victims of the attacks, and the families who lost loved ones and properties, saying that the government would make efforts to ameliorate the situation of all the victims.

Mr. Buhari said relevant agencies had been directed to start catering for the humanitarian needs, a statement by presidential spokesperson, Femi Adesina, said.

“Your Excellency, the governor, and all the leaders here, I am appealing to you to try to restrain your people. I assure you that the Police, the Department of State Security and other security agencies had been directed to ensure that all those behind the mayhem get punished.

“I ask you in the name of God to accommodate your country men. You can also be assured that I am just as worried, and concerned with the situation,’’ he said.

The president told the delegation that his administration had already begun a process of finding lasting solution to the perennial challenge of herdsmen conflict with farmers and communities around the country.

Mr. Buhari said the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, had been directed to relocate to the state to provide security for lives and properties, urging all Benue indigenes to trust the security agencies and report all suspicious cases of movements in the state.

In his remarks, the Benue State Governor said the tension would be reduced with the Federal Government’s intervention to find a lasting solution to the herdsmen attacks.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/255625-name-god-accommodate-countrymen-buhari-begs-benue-leaders.html

The River Benue/Niger has one of the best grasslands in Nigeria. It skirts the Savannah plains of the North to the Rainforest of the South.

The Basin in not as dry as the Sahel-Savannah whose proximity to the Sahara makes it prone to low rainfall and a short season of grass feed for cattle.

Conversly, the interior Rainforests of the South has long grasses but is land-limited and Tse-Tse Fly infested.

While these flies can cause sleeping sickness in humans, it kills Cattle outrightly. These make the Southern option a sort of necessary evil.

But the Benue Basin is an important tool for the breeders and it's a premium they'd not mind paying to access.

Today in Northern Nigeria, the population explosion, arising from multiple wives, early marriages, religious reasons a and lack of use of contraceptives or condoms, has seen the cattle routes, grass lands and water sources shrink or disappear completely. Plus the

Without the Benue Basin they can't survive in their ancient way of life that requires migration up South every dry season. Today they tend to want to stay permanently in this area as it has 2 seasons of rainfall and the River Benue to feed fertile lands.

Pastoral migration was the next phase of Human evolution immediately after our Gathering phase. We are still practising an archaic way of life. Even Buhari himself has his Cattle in a holding where food is brought to them. That we cannot carve out these kinds of places from Government owned land and privately acquired lands (a cow costs up to 200k. Some have thousands in a herd, they can also merge and combine resources) is preposterous.

Buhari has shown unmitigated bias and has yet to publicly castigate the marauding cattle breeders. Even if he does it today it is already a little too late.
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by geeconnectsolut: 4:08am On Jan 16, 2018
This government doesnt have any answer... Why wait till now to find solution? Agatu happened, no solution. Nimbo and all...still this heartless government have their eyes fixed on the People's vigilante calling them militia.

Pls is Cattle rearing government business?
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by Alejoa(f): 4:10am On Jan 16, 2018
Jeesu! Wish kain talk be dat Sir?
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by albacete(m): 4:28am On Jan 16, 2018
Is that all the vegetable have to say?
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by talktrue1(m): 4:30am On Jan 16, 2018
"The presidency doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are." — Michelle Obama
Re: ‘in The Name Of God, Accommodate Your Countrymen’, Buhari Begs Benue Leaders by Mynd44: 4:44am On Jan 16, 2018

(1)

Buhari Is A Criminal Terrorist (confirmed By USA) / Throwback Pic: Head Of State Gen Obasanjo With Shehu Shagari In Sept 1979 / IBB: South East Youths Solidly Behind Senator Ahmed Makarfi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.