Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Long Distance Relationship... How Do I Make It Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationship... How Do I Make It Work? (535 Views)

Being In A Relationship, How Would You Respond To; It's Over Btw Us? (game Over) / Long Distance Relationship, How Secretive Are You / This Hot Lady Is Seriously In Search Of A Man For Long-distance Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Distance Relationship... How Do I Make It Work? by singleman45: 10:02am On Jan 16, 2018
My girlfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for a good 7 months now.

It’s been going well but the ups and downs are also present.

There are moments when it’s unbearable, since we sometimes miss each other and the physical needs are always a problem.

I can definitely say that our relationship is worth fighting for... but on times when we fight,

it’s hard to make up with each other due to the distance.

I really need some moral support or advice on how we can make things work between us.

I met Gina through a singles tour held in Cebu, Philippines by A Foreign Affair.

It was love at first sight. Things went well between us and the chemistry is great.

I’ve decided to stay for a couple of months to get to know her better (her family and friends included.)

It was a huge jump from the ordinary but I’m glad I did it.

The fact that I need to come back to the U.S. because of my business that we are stuck with long distance at the moment.

We haven’t talked about marriage since I think it’s still too soon to consider it…

so, long distance will be our biggest obstacle for the meantime.

I’d really appreciate it if you guys can give me advice or suggestion on how I can keep our relationship stay,

if not smoothly, well. I’d also like to ask for advice on how to keep the spark between us to stay alive in this distance.

Please, give me advice.
Re: Long Distance Relationship... How Do I Make It Work? by DaddyKross: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2018
Cheat..... NSA though
Re: Long Distance Relationship... How Do I Make It Work? by thesicilian: 10:23am On Jan 16, 2018
Ask MTN.
Re: Long Distance Relationship... How Do I Make It Work? by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2018
Wow, my good man. I want to believe that you are for real.

Long distance relationship is truly not easy... But two things are vital if your long distance relationship must stand the test of times. These two things on which all other are built are Trust and Commitment ( a truly deep sense of commitment).

Without those two, you guys will fall apart faster than you can say "yada"

Also learn to be creative in your romance with her. I understand that you cannot be there to always feel her or look into her eyes or touch her but you have to try to keep things spiced up by surprising her all across the distance with stuffs you know she will love. Even though, we have the internet, you can send her a hand written love letter (nothing like touching or feeling the paper your lover touched and felt and possibly kissed) containing possibly a gift that is same with one you will have too. Something to connect you both across the distance when she wears it. Like a bracelet perhaps. Or maybe a necklace or a cloth that when she sees or puts on, she will always be thinking of you.

There is a whole lot I can say and this topic is broad but I tell you this. Everyone involved in long distance relationship must have it rough along the way in terms of feeling physically lonely sometimes and also having misunderstandings you cannot settle faster or much better because you are not face to face..... but what makes such relationship last beyond the tough phases and lead to marriage is your trust and belief in each other and the willingness of you both to at least sacrifice the time to some times talk to sort out any differences and lingering grudge so that it does not become a volcano that erupts later that burns your union.

Also, you both should have time for your friends outside the online community. That way, you keep things balanced and appreciate it whenever you are online with your lover. I don't need to lay overemphasis on how vital communication between you two is but you see, even communication is never enough ckz things can actually begin to get a bit boring if you don't spice things up even in communication. And as the man, I advise that you take the lead on this one too.

Don't forget to plan once in a while to visit her. I know that time may not be now but it should be on your mind surely no matter the distance. Love is beautiful thing my good man... And if what you have is true, then it is only wise that you sacrifice and make it work. It takes effort before things become truly automatically magical again. wink

Like I said man, this is broad and much and much can be said on it. But let me leave a last piece of advice... "Pray"

Yep... Pray for your relationship if it means that much to you especially as it is long distance. Take care man.

3 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationship... How Do I Make It Work? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2018
long distance relationships are for jokers
Re: Long Distance Relationship... How Do I Make It Work? by suprememoney(m): 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
Bro i truly understand how you feel. At first, i never believed in long distance relationship because i thought it's only fools who engage in such. Not until i got connected to a girl tru my sister who is staying in lagos. Ever since then I've come to know what it mean to love and to being loved. Few months from now, we will be clocking seven years in the relationship. That's because we start dating since in secondary school. And what keeps us till this day is prayers, TRUST, commitment and communication. Everyday, we make sure we hear from each other and also we pray together before we sleep... Just buy Airtel GUC line and subscribe #500.. . It's meant for distance relationship... I once see it as foolishness engaging in distance relationship not i fell victim of it... It's works for those who believe in it... Good luck bro.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationship... How Do I Make It Work? by suprememoney(m): 12:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
Bro i truly understand how you feel. At first, i never believed in long distance relationship because i thought it's only fools who engage in such. Not until i got connected to a girl tru my sister who is staying in lagos. Ever since then I've come to know what it mean to love and being loved. Few months from now, we will be clocking seven years in the relationship. That's because we start dating since in secondary school. And what keeps us till this day is prayers, TRUST, commitment and communication. Everyday, we make sure we hear from each other and also we pray together before we sleep... Just buy Airtel GUC line and subscribe #500.. . It's meant for distance relationship... I once see it as foolishness engaging in distance relationship not until i fell victim of it... It's works for those who believe in it... Good luck bro.

(1) (Reply)

The World Is Never Going To End!! / Twitter User Cries Out After Purchasing An Iphone Which Displays Samsung Logo / Justforfun: Write Your Part..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.