Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding (72668 Views)

Ebonyi Youths Charter 911 For Relocation Of Fulanis That Arrived At Mid Night / Northern Elders Beg Buhari, Governors To Stop Harassment Of Fulanis, Cows / Fani-kayode Reacts After Tiv DPO Is Interrogated Over Killing Of Fulanis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by obaaderemi: 6:09am On Jan 19, 2018
ehie:
The family the children where are they going to?the grass look dry. Up north it's harmattan down south there is hostility. This post has done what miyetti Allah could not do, showing us the human side of the nomads, all I can see is just a family ...looking lost. God help us
The herdsmen have their own leaders to thank for that.
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by Kay17: 6:45am On Jan 19, 2018
Obudupikin:
The Doc made a lot of sense.

These herders will be much more prosperous with the ranching system than this outdated nomadic system of rearing cattle.

Also,with ranching they will have more time to engage in other important things in live,get an education etc. And their existence will not only revolve around their cattle.

They can ask Buhari. angry

There is concern of westernized way of doing things which is often made out as modernization and the traditional way. People support nomadic cattle rearing because it is seen as the traditional way working again and again for over 1000 years.

Aside from that there is a cultural identity crisis at play. These herders believe that they lack the modern expertise and skills of animal husbandry and they would me useless in this new world
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by shalomp: 7:28am On Jan 19, 2018
GavelSlam:

What's this one saying?

He is saying the truth. The north have a large land mass, then why not use it, we are in modern age. if my land is not fertile for agriculture, I will apply fertilizer and get a better yield, I don't go looking for who I will colonize his land.

2 Likes

Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by 2016v2017: 7:41am On Jan 19, 2018
lastmessenger:
Sometimes I wonder why it is so difficult for these herder's to embrace the modern method of cattle rearing instead of wondering about the whole country destroying farmlands which in turn results to unnecessary clash.
This herdsmen issue can only be solved by a serious government who Will put its feet on the ground and say enough is enough. If you don't own a ranch,then you are not allowed to rear cows.But this present administration has proven beyond reasonable doubt that they are not different from the nomadic herders themselves.
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by Warship: 7:42am On Jan 19, 2018
GavelSlam:

Look at your maps before making comments.

Some of you are really college read but uneducated not necessarily you.

By the way, I'm no longer Afonja?

You were not properly educated in school.

Fulani people should get perforated clay or plastic vertical containers or empty bags of beans and then fill them with sandy soil, cow dungs and grass seedlings then leave it for some days while wetting it everyday.

In 14 days, those grasses will shootout through those holes and every 10 days, it will regrow again as water is applied.

Fulani people should study how to grow grasses through this pattern.

2 Likes

Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by shalomp: 7:43am On Jan 19, 2018
engrchykae:
relax and read again.
He is one of the criminals.
He is subtly asking us to accommodate our LANDLESS fulani brothers by giving them LANDS in the 36 STATES as CATTLE COLONIES.
Tomorrow they will now tell us how the entire NIJERIYA is their land by right of CONQUEST.
When a fulani is speaking,listen very well and read between the lines.
Only the discerning can understand these naturally born tricksters

my dear you are the only intelligent being I see here...sorry yo say this. can't people read between lines. These Fulani's are smarter than you think very trickish
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by bamoski(m): 7:45am On Jan 19, 2018
GavelSlam:

What's this one saying?

He is saying the plain truth. That is exactly what you people are doing with the herdsmen.

We from the middle belt have had enough of this whims from the devilish fulani oligarchy

1 Like

Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by Warship: 7:55am On Jan 19, 2018
GavelSlam:

Totally agree.

I appreciate that we can see desertification is affecting their trade now more than ever before.

Their leaders have only been paying lip service to issues pertaining to the environment and just like the polio incident it always comes back to bite them.

In saying that, I still believe there is a way out of this debacle. Hiding our heads in the sand can only lead to more deaths . Even now, it is unforgivable the deaths of the innocent victims.

However, I still insist there are 2 separate teams here.

One is the itinerant cattle rearer and the Boko Haram / Political version .

Believe me this incident on New Year's day was calculated and smacks of some evil beyond communal clashes.

There is another dimension.

Desertification is a blessing in disguise.

In the future, crops will be grown without soil eg Aeroponics agricultural system.

Do this simple experiment.

Get empty bags of beans those of 200kg.

Fill them with different soil and fertilizer

Perforate the bags with a knife.

Plant a particular type of crop on top of each different types of soil.

If the crop is a vegetable specie or grain specie, you can also plant through the sides of the bags

Wet everyday and watch how they grow

In the harvest period, you will observe that the sandy soil will give the best yield because it is similar to Aeroponics but different because a soil that allows air was used to replace electricity which is the strength of Aeroponics in spraying the nutrients as a form of cloud at the root of the crop.

So, stop justifying the foolishness of Fulani people.
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by Fawklicant: 8:14am On Jan 19, 2018
GavelSlam:

Look at your maps before making comments.

Some of you are really college read but uneducated not necessarily you.

By the way, I'm no longer Afonja?

Your assertions are completely flawed. There's more than enough land in the north for ranches. Northern Nigeria is approximately six times larger than southern Nigeria in land mass. Ranches can be setup there. The state govts can grow grass, import grass like the federal govt wanted to do earlier and subsidise the prices for ranchers to buy and feed their cattle. There's absolutely no need for them to set up colonies in southern Nigeria if they'd still access feed the same way.
If everybody reared cattle, chickens, goats and swine on the streets like the Fulanis are wont to do, then there'll be chaos. The only possible explanation is that there is a sinister subterfuge going on that serves the interests of those elite.

Setup colonies, yes I agree! But do it in your region where there's excess land mass and where there'll less likely be squirmishes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by honeychild(f): 9:00am On Jan 19, 2018
1shortblackboy:
come o these herdsmen are they not from somewhere? Don't they have towns and villages of origin? Don't they have lands left to them by their ancestors in their village? They should go and establish ranches there. The typical farmer in Nigeria is farming where his great grand father used to farm.these herdsmen should do likewise

The Fulani have been nomads since time immemorial. Their ancestors never put down roots in any place. In fact the concept of living in one place and "owning" land is completely alien to a nomad's culture. As far as a nomad is concerned, land belongs to God and is there for everyone to share.
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by 1shortblackboy: 9:21am On Jan 19, 2018
honeychild:

The Fulani have been nomads since time immemorial. Their ancestors never put down roots in any place. In fact the concept of living in one place and "owning" land is completely alien to a nomad's culture. As far as a nomad is concerned, land belongs to God and is there for everyone to share.
i see. then their kinsmen should offer them lands cause fear and suspicion will not allow anyone else will offer them lands

1 Like

Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by Assassin101: 9:41am On Jan 19, 2018
The fulanis are fools! Buhari's cows are much fatter than theirs and they don't graze on people's lands. He should introduce to his Fulani brothers what he feeds his cows so there can be peace.

1 Like

Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by ArodeTsolaye: 9:43am On Jan 19, 2018
yanshDoctor:
i thought the igbos are good business men and takes opportunities on all kind of trade and business. since the Fulani's are lagging behind,
selling contaminated grazing animals that feeds on bacterial, poor soil formation and infected waters of which doesn't meet healthy standard.

cattle farming is a big business. in the USA cattle are taken to slaughter houses after 3years with massive flash.

well taking care of with access to clean water and feeds that meet up with health standard. why the igbo can not owning up ranches to over take these people over the years, i still don't understand.

Actually, I'm currently discussing Cow rearing of the Efi Igbo specie (Igbo cow specie) with a friend. Land for ranching don dey already.
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by ArodeTsolaye: 9:50am On Jan 19, 2018
mgbadike81:
ranching is coming up gradually in the east especially in Anambra and Enugu, it would take time due to cultural factors, most southerners don't know anything about cattle keeping.

We are learning and learning the hard way in Igboland. Just give it some time buddy.
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by Ulomoney(f): 10:38am On Jan 19, 2018
These pictures remind me of the days Moses spent at Midian. #HistoryRecap
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by Amhappy(f): 10:48am On Jan 19, 2018
And the truth shall set you free. Thank you doctor
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by Goke7: 10:49am On Jan 19, 2018
shalomp:

He is saying the truth. The north have a large land mass, then why not use it, we are in modern age. if my land is not fertile for agriculture, I will apply fertilizer and get a better yield, I don't go looking for who I will colonize his land.

This is brilliant, much respect. As Africans we were never wired to solve problems as a result of the kind of education we practice. Instead we react whereas responding to change is always a better way

2 Likes

Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by Goke7: 10:56am On Jan 19, 2018
Warship:

You were not properly educated in school.

Fulani people should get perforated clay or plastic vertical containers or empty bags of beans and then fill them with sandy soil, cow dungs and grass seedlings then leave it for some days while wetting it everyday.

In 14 days, those grasses will shootout through those holes and every 10 days, it will regrow again as water is applied.

Fulani people should study how to grow grasses through this pattern.

Scientifically we are blind in this part of the world and this is why we cannot develop,even our so called leaders, how many of them are scientifically sound? You see where our problem lie? The Fulani folks can never know this cos their leaders too no sabi, chikena

1 Like

Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by BluntBoy(m): 11:00am On Jan 19, 2018
Nutase:
angry

Nutase?
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by Warship: 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2018
Goke7:

Scientifically we are blind in this part of the world and this is why we cannot develop,even our so called leaders, how many of them are scientifically sound? You see where our problem lie? The Fulani folks can never know this cos their leaders too no sabi, chikena

Well you are right.

I have experimented on this way of growing crops to replace Aeroponics system of Agriculture.
Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by OnucheAdams: 2:00pm On Jan 19, 2018
decatalyst:
Walking the land as if the whole earth belongs to them sad

True; if they were in the State of Texas, they'd all be shot dead by now.

1 Like

Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by mexxmoney: 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2018
GavelSlam:

And why are they trekking down south?
That is what is also baffling me about these Fulani herdsmen. Why the desperation to grab other people's lands for your cow rearing when there are enough lands in your own part of the country for ranching or cattle colonies? These other people use their lands for agriculture as a means of their own survival and you think they must all suspend their livelihoods so that the Almighty Fulani must satisfy his cattle? They go about grazing in people's farms, destroying people's hardwork and raping, killing and maiming them along the way. This is pure wickedness!!

2 Likes

Re: I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding by BennyMaiNasara(m): 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2018
You're so on Point Dr!! There are so many Tribal Associations presently and most of them with prominent people as patrons, but it may surprise you to know how some of these groups only promote ethnocentrism and tribalism in this modern day and age. The earlier we break out of our shells and embrace humanism the better for us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reactions As Amaechi And Abike Dabiri Clash At APC Rally / Ten Most Powerful People In Nigeria 2015 / The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.