Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) (19844 Views)

Police Intensify Patrols And Surveillance In Lagos State, Dispels Rumour / Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators / R/S APC Crises Intensify As Supreme Court Gives Judgment Against Amaechi Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
E
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by Nevee: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
Lagos has been unusually dirty lately. There should have been a better plan to displace the Saturday environmental sanitation we used to have.

Good move! Hope this is sustainable.

1 Like

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by shams040(m): 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2018
LagosCiti:
LAWMA is obviously not capable of handling the gigantic load of waste being produced in Lagos by the second... Everywhere is now filled with waste, the road median and tarmac especially. Lagos is really starting to smell, I have to admit.

I hope this Visionscape intensifies its effort and moves with more aggressiveness. All the small waste bins they're using for Cleaner Lagos is not enough... Lagos is generating mad waste!!!

Lawma are not the one even handling it ryt from time.their are private managers doing that with compitition but now ambode av monopolized it.

1 Like

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2018
shams040:

Lawma are not the one even handling it ryt from time.their are private managers doing that with compitition but now ambode av monopolized it.

Well, as long as the job is being done right, we don't care. Lagos needs better waste management.
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by etugba(m): 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2018
Leetunechi:
Well I didn't read the post
But let's do this

Life for sexdolls
Share for girls

Let's see who wins

may sense fall on you

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by Ayo25: 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2018
So we should be happy abi that one crony to siphon government money is being replaced by another.. issokay
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by emerged01(m): 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2018
LagosCiti:
LAWMA is obviously not capable of handling the gigantic load of waste being produced in Lagos by the second... Everywhere is now filled with waste, the road median and tarmac especially. Lagos is really starting to smell, I have to admit.

I hope this Visionscape intensifies its effort and moves with more aggressiveness. All the small waste bins they're using for Cleaner Lagos is not enough... Lagos is generating mad waste!!!
Honestly,Lagos is smelling again. This is the first time I will say I miss fashola

2 Likes

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by methodman(m): 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2018
The problem with Lagos state being dirty lately isn't really about lawma or the state govt but we the individuals. I reside in Ajah and noticed how terrible the residents in Ajah can be. When they wanted to commission the Jubilee bridge, the state govt actually made sure everywhere was neat and tidied up. A day to the main occasion, u needed to see the way some useless peeps littered the whole area with dirts. Lawma had to come to clear it again the same day.
Truth is even if we have 1000000 lawma or the new cleaner Lagos initiative trucks in Lagos.....its never gonna solve the problem of dirts. I suggest the Lagos state govt should impose stiff laws and arrest / prosecute people that dump refuse indiscriminately in Lagos. We are so lawless in this country that we blame the govt for everything. Arrest people.....truck pushers....some beggars too and we'll see how it's gonna be.
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by AnthonyAk(m): 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2018
Good , i was chocked to find out people still do shot put in 2017. We need to provide incentives for recycling. Ban pure water and possible paper bags sooner than later
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by shams040(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2018
methodman:
The problem with Lagos state being dirty lately isn't really about lawma or the state govt but we the individuals. I reside in Ajah and noticed how terrible the residents in Ajah can be. When they wanted to commission the Jubilee bridge, the state govt actually made sure everywhere was neat and tidied up. A day to the main occasion, u needed to see the way some useless peeps littered the whole area with dirts. Lawma had to come to clear it again the same day.
Truth is even if we have 1000000 lawma or the new cleaner Lagos initiative trucks in Lagos.....its never gonna solve the problem of dirts. I suggest the Lagos state govt should impose stiff laws and arrest / prosecute people that dump refuse indiscriminately in Lagos. We are so lawless in this country that we blame the govt for everything. Arrest people.....truck pushers....some beggars too and we'll see how it's gonna be.

The problem is from the state government. They stopped all the waste managers within the metropolis so they can bring in their own to monopolize the market.

4 Likes

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by Opinionated: 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2018
Seun, your website might lose credibility when reports defy facts on the ground. Do you know how dirty Lagos is right now?

See for yourself https://www.nairaland.com/4300034/cleaner-lagos-cleaner-nonsense-new#64344001

This is not politics but about the health of the state residents including the governor himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by boringnigerian: 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2018
twentyk:
I just can't understand why a sane human being will just indiscriminately dump heap of refuse on walkway,gutter,canal,roads etc....
I swear to god these kinda stuff just piss me off anytime i see in.... I recommend a very strict punishment where whoever is caught be made to clear every rubbish and dirt in the vicinity....
Also if you have a shop,house or place and you allow refuse to be dumped there,you should be made to clear every damn thing...

You and I both.
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by boringnigerian: 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
shams040:
Lagos state govt are selfish and wicked.

We all know we have some private solid waste evacuators before now and they are doing pretty well. Now ambode av sent them off the metropolis to the Peri urban area and replace them with vision scope that has less than 30 trucks.

If Lagos want to be better we need a competitive economy not monopoly.

Doing which well? Is it the PSP operators whose trucks breakdown as regularly as their irregularity in coming around to evacuate refuse? Just imagine the stench from a dump truck parked outside your compound for two weeks! Sometimes for three weeks to a month or even more, you wouldn't see them. Refuse would pile up and cars would be jostling for space with mounds of refuse. Yet they would be sending bills on a regular. If this is what counts as doing well in your books, then you don't deserve to live in civilized society.
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by Femmy02(m): 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2018
fuckerstard:
God bless Lagos.

All those illegal immigrants that like to go and dump refuse at night, one day bush meat go catch the hunter for una

So what's going to happen with Lawma?

Vision scope is regulated by Lawma.
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by nairavsdollars(f): 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2018
Not surprised. Ambode doesn't look clean to me
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by doctokwus: 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
So if it had not trended on Twitter, Ambode wouldn't have done anything? Which kind of people are we for God's sake!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by iamclime(m): 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2018
I gathered some data while conducting research on the efficacy of PPP model in waste management in Lagos metropolis and all I can say is Lagos State got it wrong this time. The LAWMA PSP guys, despite all their challenges and faults, were effective to a considerable extent in many locales. They should have been made to coexist with the CLI, or eased out in phases. From all parts of Lagos I traversed in the past few weeks, Lagos may earn an award soon. And it is not a desirable one!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by shams040(m): 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2018
boringnigerian:

Doing which well? Is it the PSP operators whose trucks breakdown as regularly as their irregularity in coming around to evacuate refuse? Just imagine the stench from a dump truck parked outside your compound for two weeks! Sometimes for three weeks to a month or even more, you wouldn't see them. Refuse would pile up and cars would be jostling for space with mounds of refuse. Yet they would be sending bills on a regular. If this is what counts as doing well in your books, then you don't deserve to live in civilized society.

Well probably that in your area. Well I feel lawma as the regulator can state the kind of vehicle they want not monopolizing of market.

It seems you don't knw what the monopoly of BRT is causing, only those in ikorodu will tell you better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by AuroraB(f): 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2018
fuckerstard:
God bless Lagos.

All those illegal immigrants that like to go and dump refuse at night, one day bush meat go catch the hunter for una

So what's going to happen with Lawma?
Bia, Fucker, na your brother wey be my neighbor dey dump him own in drainage yet reports to the landlord when I incinerate mine undecided
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by shams040(m): 9:03pm On Jan 19, 2018
iamclime:
I gathered some data while conducting research on the efficacy of PPP model in waste management in Lagos metropolis and all I can say is Lagos State got it wrong this time. The LAWMA PSP guys, despite all their challenges and faults, were effective to a considerable extent in many locales. They should have been made to coexist with the CLI, or eased out in phases. From all parts of Lagos I traversed in the past few weeks, Lagos may earn an award soon. And it is not a desirable one!

I am even scared of new epidemic
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by Orpe7(m): 9:03pm On Jan 19, 2018
Reuse Reduce Recycle
After packing refuse what next
If the LASG cannot have a multi million dollar recycling plan then tbey are just wasting their time
Olusosun don dey full enter ojota o shocked

1 Like

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by shams040(m): 9:03pm On Jan 19, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Not surprised. Ambode doesn't look clean to me

The idiot is after money

1 Like

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by shams040(m): 9:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
Orpe7:
Reuse Reduce Recycle
After packing refuse what next
If the LASG cannot have a multi million dollar recycling plan then tbey are just wasting their time
Olusosun don dey full enter ojota o shocked

Vision scope would have been better as a recycling company and they will make large profit

2 Likes

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by MizMyColi(f): 9:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
Naijaphobia:
They shouldn't forget to evacuate the main waste( Buhari and APC).

This is tragically savage.

Jisus.

1 Like

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by MizMyColi(f): 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2018
The way Lagos looks dirty these days....

Someone said it's Ambode's manner of planting flowers.

I agree.

3 Likes

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by nedu2000(m): 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2018
bidemz:

Jealous non-lagosian spotted... it's quite obvious you are pained that you're not from there....stop the hating bro encourage the govt instead
Eko o ni baje oooo
why not focus on the points raised,this thing of automatically labelling a person who criticises a hater is so 2017 and won't help us make progress
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by kennypedia(m): 9:34pm On Jan 19, 2018
the situation of the dump site near alimosho general hospital is alarming, it's close to an health care facility for sanity sake. Lagos state government should please relocate this facility.

1 Like

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by emynike2001(m): 9:36pm On Jan 19, 2018
Good job...

But meanwhile, CONGRATS to all that won our GHANA BONANZA tonight, pls join in again for Ghana NATIONAL, CLICK THIS LINK to see more
https://mobile.facebook.com/Lottery-Winners-Corner-305458996521640/?v=feed&_rdr

Happy winnings
Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by delpee(f): 11:13pm On Jan 19, 2018
We were already used to clean streets before CleanerLagos/Visionscape brought 'dirtier Lagos' with their ill planned method. Those small dustbins and the few trucks are not enough to store/cart away the refuse generated in Lagos. They should have left the PSPs to operate in some areas since they were doing well on the average while they concentrate first on low density areas before launching out to other places.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by anthony86(m): 1:11am On Jan 20, 2018
When Lagosians voted Ambode I trust they voted for continuity by all standards the PSP model was very effective though there was room for improvement in terms of efficiency and revenue collection. Ambode out of the blues scrapped PSP and introduce the "cleanerlagos" who I believe have no experience in third word cities like Lagos. Those blaming masses for indesciminate dumping of refuse are they expecting the masses to swallow their refuse till CLI take enternity to open refuse collection centres.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG, Visionscape Intensify Waste Evacuation Across Metropolis, (pictures) by agabusta: 7:00am On Jan 20, 2018
twentyk:
I just can't understand why a sane human being will just indiscriminately dump heap of refuse on walkway,gutter,canal,roads etc....
I swear to god these kinda stuff just piss me off anytime i see in.... I recommend a very strict punishment where whoever is caught be made to clear every rubbish and dirt in the vicinity....
Also if you have a shop,house or place and you allow refuse to be dumped there,you should be made to clear every damn thing...

You are ignoring the main issue.

Same with the govt. The people are bringing out the waste to dump on the roads because waste disposal teams have not been coming to their inner streets and markets to evacuate them.

Even if they evacuate all the waste on the street in a jiffy, it will come back in two days. If they put out policemen at night, people will start dumping the refuse in drainage and any free spots.

The PSPs were the ones going into the inner streets and the markets to clear the wastes. And it has been working since.

Ambode wants to greedily corner that business and it is seriously backfiring.

They should address the underlying issues speedily if they still have an iota of same and sobriety.

They should bring back the PSPs. Those guys have invested their time, money and intellect in the business.

Ambode is being selfish and not sending right signals to local investors by pushing them away like that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omokri To Buhari: My University In England Had A Module On Abacha’s Thievery / Ibrahim Magu Tells Banks To Provide List Of Corrupt Customers / Bamidele Salam: Reduce Lawmakers By Two-thirds; We’re Too Many, Unsustainable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.