Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,615 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years (2977 Views)

Ajimobi did not win the 2011 elections, he only outsmarted me-Akala / Another Baba Ijebu Game? Have 2sure & Wanna Bet? 2011 Elections! / Jega Appears Before Fec Over 2011 Elections ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Dejiteru: 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2010
An American based Nigerian citizen is planning to contest in next year’s elections as a Candidate for the Presidency. Though not much is known about him he seems to have some serious and pragmatic plans that would benefit all Nigerians. I stumbled onto his website by accident but was glued to his speeches and agenda for almost an hour. He seems to have his plans well thought out and might be a candidate that we need if for nothing else just to have a change from all this people that have really done nothing to move our country forward. Until more is known about him I will reserve my judgment but, anyone interested can go to this website: www.anewnigerianow.org and see for yourself. I hope this guy is for real. If he is, he has my vote.
According to the press release on his website he officially launched his exploratory campaign on Saturday March 13th 2010 saying:“I formerly declare my potential candidacy for the 2011 Nigerian Presidential Election in front of you my Friends Family and Associates. I enter the race for two simple reasons (1) My Beloved Country Nigeria and (2) My fellow citizens. The past 50 years have been very tough on my people. It's time now to look towards better days ahead with good leadership for Nigeria and Africa as a whole. I can not do it alone, but with your support and with all of us working together we can usher in a new era of prosperity for Nigeria and Africa.
Our Platform is simple.
1. Improve Public safety/Security
2. Create 5 million jobs each year in our first term through infrastructure work projects
3. Improve the education system
4. Establish a social security system for the elderly
5. Establish an independent judiciary
The work ahead of us is huge but not impossible. If you share the same dreams as in my platform, then
I invite you to forward this declaration to all in your social circle and community to come join hands with us shape the future of our illustrious nation.
We can ONLY do it with your support.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2010
nice website.Good vision too
but nigerian politics is dominated by charlatans
i doubt he would fit in
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by kosovo(m): 10:06pm On Apr 13, 2010
O.M.G, This is Great, Best news o
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by DrKnow1(m): 10:47pm On Apr 13, 2010
Let no one deceive you with some vague promises. You don't have to be president before you start creating jobs. How much haa he paid in tax to the Nigerian government in recent years? Speeches and promises don't win election; pragmatism does. Let him start by relocating his Texas business to Nigeria
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by desgiezd(m): 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2010
While the guy has laudable programmes, I dont think the presidency is just lying there waiting to be picked. This is a man that is virtually unknown with elections less than twelve months away. I guess he should start preparing for 2015 and that he should come out early enough and familiarise himself with the people he intends to lead.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by wedapeople(f): 3:36am On Apr 14, 2010
O.M.G, This is Great, Best news o

Kosovo
What do you see?
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 3:39am On Apr 14, 2010
Uumm. . . . . Why go straight to the presidency? Does he have any prior political experience?
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by wedapeople(f): 3:41am On Apr 14, 2010
Let no one deceive you with some vague promises. You don't have to be president before you start creating jobs. How much haa he paid in tax to the Nigerian government in recent years? Speeches and promises don't win election; pragmatism does. Let him start by relocating his Texas business to Nigeria

Dr Know
What is important to you? The issue of getting Nigeria on the right path or the person who gets it done? Please help so that we can understand you better.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by wedapeople(f): 3:57am On Apr 14, 2010
Political experience. Look what all the years of political experience has given Nigeria. I see you are in the US. I'm not sure you remember what it feels like to be without electricity for days at a time. What we need is work and the vision and pledge to build Nigeria. If he's from the USA, you know he understands work and also used to having 24 hr electricity. What's wrong with him bringing same back home to us. I don't care about his business in Texas, if he brings service and accountability to Nigeria, then he's my kind of leader.  Lets's focus on issues and not the person people!
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 4:06am On Apr 14, 2010
wedapeople:

Political experience. Look what all the years of political experience has given Nigeria. I see you are in the US. I'm not sure you remember what it feels like to be without electricity for days at a time. What we need is work and the vision and pledge to build Nigeria. If he's from the USA, you know he understands work and also used to having 24 hr electricity. What's wrong with him bringing same back home to us. I don't care about his business in Texas, if he brings service and accountability to Nigeria, then he's my kind of leader.  Lets's focus on issues and not the person people!

I am sorry but STOP!!! STOP!!!!

We've had visions and pledges; had them since Babangida - sweet talkers who convince the people they are for change. Obama did not invent the CHANGE campaign. We have had them for decades in Nigeria. We have the likes of Bankole, Tinubu, Akunyili etc no experience politicians who do nothing but yap all day and end up with nothing to show for all the yapping at the end of the day.

That I live in the US does not change the fact that we need people who have some experience when it comes to actually ACCOMPLISHING GOALS. Any person on the street can tell you wonderful stories of what he/she would do if he/she were to win the lottery, or become president, but majority of those same people will fail to do 3/4 of what they initially claimed they would do when given the chance.
I live in US does not mean ALL NIGERIANS who live in US are GOOD NIGERIANS. I can point you to some Nigerians who live here but are involved in one 419 deal or another somewhere in Nigeria or abroad. I can point you to at least 2 Nigerians who live and work in America but get paychecks ( Ghost workers) from the Nigerian government to date. I can show you Nigerians who are lax, and unwilling to work on building themselves up here but hold to the dream that once they get themselves a political position in Nigeria, they will be made for life.

Please, let us use our heads and our hearts, not just the latter 99% of the time. We have about a year to the next election. We need to use this time to serious vet the candidates so as to ensure that we choose the best of the bunch and hope that with power we have in our democracy, we can drive things our way, even with the candidate we choose.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by cpatra(f): 4:23am On Apr 14, 2010
Norman campaign jargons. We're used to that.

Anyway, Mr. Businessman, we'll buy your idea, but as for your presidential candidacy, I laugh in Nairalandish.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Dejiteru: 5:10am On Apr 14, 2010
So let me get this straight fellow Nairalanders, this guy who for all we know has never stolen a kobo of Nigeria’s Money, says he wants to serve his people by bringing a “new brand” of leadership and we are going to discount him before even knowing what he is about? Na wah o, maybe we deserve the leaders we get. I saw the guy’s video on youtube (I think he is some kind of movie producer or broadcaster) taking questions from an audience, his answers were impressive to me, I must admit I like the guy call me an optimist or a dreamer. Like I said, I don’t know if this guy is the right guy but whoever we “elect” better give us what this guy is promising to do or our close mindedness would have cost us the services of a possible statesman.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by wedapeople(f): 5:17am On Apr 14, 2010
Wow, People I can see we know a lot of "NO GOOD Nigerians". Do you know any GOOD Ones?
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 6:02am On Apr 14, 2010
wedapeople:

Wow, People I can see we know a lot of "NO GOOD Nigerians". Do you know any GOOD Ones?

Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but STOP!!! STOP!!!!

We've had visions and pledges; had them since Babangida - sweet talkers who convince the people they are for change. Obama did not invent the CHANGE campaign. We have had them for decades in Nigeria. We have the likes of Bankole, Tinubu, Akunyili etc no experience politicians who do nothing but yap all day and end up with nothing to show for all the yapping at the end of the day.

That I live in the US does not change the fact that we need people who have some experience when it comes to actually ACCOMPLISHING GOALS. Any person on the street can tell you wonderful stories of what he/she would do if he/she were to win the lottery, or become president, but majority of those same people will fail to do 3/4 of what they initially claimed they would do when given the chance.
I live in US does not mean ALL NIGERIANS who live in US are GOOD NIGERIANS. I can point you to some Nigerians who live here but are involved in one 419 deal or another somewhere in Nigeria or abroad. I can point you to at least 2 Nigerians who live and work in America but get paychecks ( Ghost workers) from the Nigerian government to date. I can show you Nigerians who are lax, and unwilling to work on building themselves up here but hold to the dream that once they get themselves a political position in Nigeria, they will be made for life.

[size=14pt]Please, let us use our heads and our hearts, not just the latter 99% of the time. We have about a year to the next election. We need to use this time to serious vet the candidates so as to ensure that we choose the best of the bunch and hope that with power we have in our democracy, we can drive things our way, even with the candidate we choose. [/size]
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Sammy107d(m): 6:29am On Apr 14, 2010
That is a horrible looking website, and an equally horrid looking candidate.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Dejiteru: 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2010
Perhaps we don’t know much about this guy because he is not a politician. Politicians Plan for “THE NEXT ELECTION” while statesmen Plan for the NEXT GENERATION. I don’t know why Mr Balogun chose this period in time for his cause but he seems to be talking more about us and the future of Nigeria and less about himself. I find that very refreshing. A leader, that’s focused on the need of the PEOPLE. I am less worried about his looks like you seem to be SAMMY107_d. Its OK not to like him – That’s DEMOCRACY what is not ok is to prefer a candidate with an inferior agenda, to him. We have a Huge forum here on NL, we can either promote HIM and his Ideas or we can chose to promote only his ideas so other potential candidates will know what we WANT in our next leader. The type of leader we get next year depends on US.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2010
Dejiteru:

Perhaps we don’t know much about this guy because he is not a politician. Politicians Plan for “THE NEXT ELECTION” while statesmen Plan for the NEXT GENERATION. I don’t know why Mr Balogun chose this period in time for his cause but he seems to be talking more about us and the future of Nigeria and less about himself. I find that very refreshing. A leader, that’s focused on the need of the PEOPLE. I am less worried about his looks like you seem to be SAMMY107_d. Its OK not to like him – That’s DEMOCRACY what is not ok is to prefer a candidate with an inferior agenda, to him. We have a Huge forum here on NL, we can either promote HIM and his Ideas or we can chose to promote only his ideas so other potential candidates will know what we WANT in our next leader. The type of leader we get next year depends on US.
NO, I refuse to buy into the above.
a) This man is not running for local government chair or some related seat , he is trying to run for PRESIDENCY here – leader of a nation of over 150 million people. If all he has to offer is dreams of what he hopes to accomplish, then I suggest he at least start from the local level, work his way up to show us he means business.
b) It is a democracy, and yes, anyone can run but I think he is best saving his time and money for better things if all he has to offer is more dreams and speeches with not much to back em up
c) Since he lives in Texas, is it possible to see his career resume at least. Maybe we can start by calling his past employers to get a sense of what kind of worker he is, then maybe that could help
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by mustafar1: 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2010
ROFLMAOPIMP what else
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by hatch: 5:18pm On Apr 14, 2010
@ Dejiteru

I am just kind of curious are you in anyway the PR person for this Texas Ranger Businessman .Anyway i can see you folks really have tall dreams but how on earth can a man promise to create 20 million jobs ? Even such is not possible in China or India and no serious presidential candidate will make such a imaginary promise shocked
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by mustafar1: 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2010
where is the funding for this many agendas coming from?
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 14, 2010
He should try and be Governor (or LGA Chairman grin) in his state first, get to understand the Nigerian political/business environment before taking on the Presidency.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2010
Let him actually show us concrete stuffs he's done for a group of people and done it over time in years. Not just becoming a president coz all thats political shet. You dont have to be the best orator to win my vote for the presidency.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by rebranded(m): 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2010
i'm sorry but i can also say i will provide this and that if you vote me, but how sure are you that i will perform, i think he can start with governorship first and then we can take it up from there grin
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2010
Great idea, but i would advice him to start from somewhere first and make some changes and he could now ride on those into the top job of the land.
However, good luck to him
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Avenir(m): 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2010
Chimaroke Nnamani - US Import - Great Vision - No performance
Chinwoke Mbadinuju - US Import - Great promises - Zero performance

I'm not trying to disparage US returnees in Nigerian politics. The point I'm trying to make is that we've heard all the promises before.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Ndipe(m): 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2010
Have we not heard these promises before?
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Dejiteru: 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2010
Do we want CHANGE in this country or NOT? Will it be more acceptable if what this guy is saying comes from say IBB, ATIKU or BUHARI? Because this seems like the choices we are going to have in this election. And by the way. IBB, OBJ, BUHARI, ABACHA, SHAGARI, Which states did they govern again?, or which local government were they chairmen of before becoming PRESIDENTS? And, the current FORMER GOVERNORS in Power, What experiences have they transferred to their current positions? All I am saying is simple, OBJ, ATIKU, IBB, BUHARI etc, fool us once? Shame on you. Fool us TWICE? Shame on us. Presidency is about managing the resources of a Nation to the benefit of every citizen not just a few. NOBODY (despite all the requirement people are laying down here) have been able to do that in 50 years. Are we trying to change the rule for a so called "outsider" while ignoring the failures of our Favored insiders?
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2010
Dejiteru:

Do we want CHANGE in this country or NOT? Will it be more acceptable if what this guy is saying comes from say IBB, ATIKU or BUHARI? Because this seems like the choices we are going to have in this election. And by the way. IBB, OBJ, BUHARI, ABACHA, SHAGARI, Which states did they govern again?, or which local government were they chairmen of before becoming PRESIDENTS? And, the current FORMER GOVERNORS in Power, What experiences have they transferred to their current positions? All I am saying is simple, OBJ, ATIKU, IBB, BUHARI etc, fool us once? Shame on you. Fool us TWICE? Shame on us. Presidency is about managing the resources of a Nation to the benefit of every citizen not just a few. NOBODY (despite all the requirement people are laying down here) have been able to do that in 50 years. Are we trying to change the rule for a so called "outsider" while ignoring the failures of our Favored insiders?

Dude, May I suggest you go back and do your home work. That we have had miserable twits who came in offering us promises, only to fail us miserably in the end is NO REASON why we should subscribe to having people of the same background.

If your friend has experience, let him present it so we can better tell if he is up to the task of not. But coming in to spray fairy dust and visions of dreams is not going to cut it for me. You don't wait till a year before the election to decide you want to run. A serious person would start four years before the election to build his/her resume and work his way up to show he is up to the task. Anyone who refuses to do this is either unserious or feels entitled and I personally would not vote for any of these people.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by oge4real(f): 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2010
Good ideas.
Let him commence experiment with his local government.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by wedapeople(f): 2:12am On Apr 15, 2010
Again, you guys are very academic. Just the old British Syndrome.  All Talks and No Work. Getting things done? Who get's anything done in Nigeria for crying out aloud? Now I'm not suprised anymore about why Nigeria is the way it is. Just all of us. Stuck on Neutral. Miraids of opinions , while worth noting, simply shows why we don't and won't have 24 hrs of electricity, anyway except for my dear friend(s) who has all the amenities at his disposal. You know, if you don't have to live through it, you have all the time in the world to work at getting it right. Peolpe, the whole world around us are getting it right but we are still "THINKING' about it. Paralysis by education. Yes lot's of theory,  that's pretty awful. Can we for a change DO SOMETHING ABOUT OUR UGLY SITUATION OR JUST SOUND OFF from individual pedestals. 2011 would roll in and we will still be talking on Nairaland. Take a stand for Christ sake and tell us who you think can get the job done. All NO NO NO with NO POSITION is just, -------------- you can fill in the blank as you wish.
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 2:21am On Apr 15, 2010
wedapeople:

Again, you guys are very academic. Just the old British Syndrome. All Talks and No Work. Getting things done? Who get's anything done in Nigeria for crying out aloud? Now I'm not suprised anymore about why Nigeria is the way it is. Just all of us. Stuck on Neutral. Miraids of opinions , while worth noting, simply shows why we don't and won't have 24 hrs of electricity, anyway except for my dear friend(s) who has all the amenities at his disposal. You know, if you don't have to live through it, you have all the time in the world to work at getting it right. Peolpe, the whole world around us are getting it right but we are still "THINKING' about it. Paralysis by education. Yes lot's of theory, that's pretty awful. Can we for a change DO SOMETHING ABOUT OUR UGLY SITUATION OR JUST SOUND OFF from individual pedestals. 2011 would roll in and we will still be talking on Nairaland. Take a stand for Christ sake and tell us who you think can get the job done. All NO NO NO with NO POSITION is just, -------------- you can fill in the blank as you wish.

uummm . . . . I don't know if you know it but casting your vote for the right candidate is an individuals way of taking a stand. SInce this thread is about a potential presidential candidate, vetting him to know if he is worth our votes or not is DOING SOMETHING ABOUT OUR UGLY SITUATION!!!
Re: Texas Businessman Eyes 2011 Elections - Guarantees A Better Nigeria In 4 Years by wedapeople(f): 2:28am On Apr 15, 2010
I agree with you on that point. However Mr.(Ms) do you have anyone else we should be looking at as well? I don't want to be the NO PERSON and neither would I want you to be. It's going to take all our votes to get the right man/woman in. By the way do you have any preference on a male/female candidates . I reserve my comment until I read from you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

General Beaten By Thugs. / Group General Manager, Corporate Affairs Of Nnpc- Dr Livi Ajuonuma Resigns / Picture Of Buhari And Oshinbajo's Wife On Arrival To Abeokuta Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.